Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

View Poll Results: Is it considered a difficult task to get in shape or to stay in shape?
To get in shape 15 51.72%
To stay in shape 17 58.62%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-08-2017, 07:52 PM   #1  

Thumbs up Health facts and fitness tips

1. Water! Water! Water! Drink lots of water and for alternatives drink juice instead of sodas. Start your mornings with a glass of water and some fruits, before breakfast.
2. Eat more healthy. Stay away from fast foods. And grilled meat is always better than fried.
3. Excersise to burn calories. Jogging is great or even finding time to do some walking each day. Also, exercise time frames can be rather short, but very beneficial when it's done on a consistent basis.
nsRemedies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 03:40 AM   #2  

I entirely agree with points 2 and 3 but not so convinced about point 1. Yes, drink a lot of water but avoid all sugary drinks, even fruit juices and eat whole fruits instead. Drink green tea and even natural Tibetan herbs for slimming if you want boost your metabolism in natural way. It will also prevent you from yo-yo dieting.
Vivian_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 05:39 PM   #3  

Hi Vivian, great feedback! I also want to add that nothing beats a home cook meal, even if you're not the best at cooking you can always use a recipe book. Now you will know exactly what goes into your food and then into your body. Restaurants are ok but the best meals I have eaten was homemade. Furthermore, it is very important for each person to focus on their own individual fitness progress, discouragement can come from focusing on someone else who might have faster progress.
Old 03-12-2017, 07:34 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 132/115/110

Height: 5'5

4. Sleep! Lack of sleep increases our cortisol level, which can lead to weight gain. Sleeping increases serotonin levels and make us happier chicks to do happier things
Jaymejoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 04:26 PM   #5  

In my opinion sugar is the worst enemy for anybody who wants lose weight
sanaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 01:46 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 175/157/110

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymejoy View Post
4. Sleep! Lack of sleep increases our cortisol level, which can lead to weight gain. Sleeping increases serotonin levels and make us happier chicks to do happier things
i totally agree that sleep helps with weight loss!!!! 6-8 hours of sleep is always good.
chubbysfchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 09:06 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

I'd never start my day with fruits, it spikes my blood sugar and brings me crashing down. I prefer to eat fruit after a meal, it helps me with digestion.

I know people like jogging but I find it so boring, and makes people prone to injuries too. In fact now studies show that "chronic cardio" does more damage than good to a body. I'm seeing huge changes in my body shape, endurance and strength since I started HIIT and weight lifting.

5. Meditation - this is so important to help manage stress.
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 11:54 AM   #8  

I agree that sugar can be a weight watcher's worst enemy @Sanaa, honey is a great alternative. People often ask themselves sometimes in the middle of the day: 'Did I drink any water today?' Which is why I suggest drinking water and eating fruits in the morning times @Palestrina, you can eat your fruits before or after breakfast. Also, drinking water when you wake up, revives the body cells and organs from a sleep state.
Old 03-18-2017, 01:16 PM   #9  

No, I can't eat fruits before breakfast, it doesn't matter how many times you say it it still doesn't work for me.
Old 03-24-2017, 08:46 AM   #10  

Hey,
Actually the key relies on fitting your meals correctly to your daily rythym. Latest scientific research has found out, that eating 5 times a day is not better than eating 4 times a day in terms of making your metabolism run faster. The total daily amount is much more important.
If you caloric intake is under control, you will lose weight eating 4 or 5 times a day.
Fitlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 11:35 AM   #11  

High fibre and high protein breakfasts are very helpful as I feel fuller for much longer during the day.
AngelaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 06:37 AM   #12  

Drink mineral water
ChloeSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 05:16 AM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanaa View Post
In my opinion sugar is the worst enemy for anybody who wants lose weight
I agree.
morningbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 09:11 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

I think it's odd that other than Palestrina, none of these people posted longer than a week and then disappeared, and Palestrina posted the things that work "for her," rather than blanket statements of what's right or wrong. We are all different.

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 04-08-2017 at 09:13 AM.
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 11:25 AM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wannabehealthy View Post
I think it's odd that other than Palestrina, none of these people posted longer than a week and then disappeared, and Palestrina posted the things that work "for her," rather than blanket statements of what's right or wrong. We are all different.
This site isn't what it used to be. I wish I had it all figured out but I still need support and look for it here when it pops up. Blanket statements about what is healthy do more damage than good. It causes such an internal uproar when we conflicting notions of what we should do or must do for our health. Health has become such a moral virtue now and everybody thinks they have THE answer to it.

I do love to prioritize my health but I like feeling joy and happiness as well and I can't afford to feel guilt or shame when I eat foods that are not too healthy. I try to do my best but don't get hung up on right and wrong.

Tags
fitness, weight loss, weight management