Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2003, 10:36 AM   #1  
Progress..not perfection

Thumbs down 300+ And Ready To Try Again.....#399

God Bless America!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

We chat at 8:30 PM EST, 7:30 PM CST on Wednesday and Saturday.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.
We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

WELCOME
Old 08-30-2003, 10:42 AM   #2  
Progress..not perfection

Talking Good morning chicksters!

How are all my lovelies doing this am? I'm here at work.... lovely, lovely work. On the upside though...... I only have 6 more hours. I know. Think positive Tina, think positive. Ok, I am positive I would rather be at home on a Saturday.

I had a *wonderful* day yesterday. Ok....here comes the part. I let Brian (#1 son) (15 years old) stay out of school yesterday so he could go to Chattanooga with me to get my WW stuff. Yeah, I know. Bad Mom. It's just that I feel he and I never get any alone time and that is so important and critical at this age when he's wanting to go his own way and spread his wings. So, I let him stay out so we could spend the day together. We didn't do anything big..... the drive to Chattanooga is only 25 miles, but with all the construction it takes a good thirty minutes to get there, so we had all that time just to chit chat. Once I got to the WW center, he went in with me to see what I was going to buy and actually looked with interest at the other items that were for sale. I bought the new Flex Points calculator, the new dining out and complete food guide and a new Flex Point diary. $45.00, but well worth it. Then after we left WW, we went right next door to a restaurant called the Sea Palace. It's a chinese restaurant and it was SO good. I behaved myself, so don't worry. Then after that, we went to Walmart and picked up a couple of things I needed and got a new purse to boot. It was so nice to spend the day just with him. I love him so much and wouldn't trade our day together for anything.

Now.....here's the bad news. I'm all psyched up to join WW right?! Well, I can't join Tuesday after all. Trey's first *real* football game is Tuesday night and I CAN'T miss it. The part of it that makes me so mad is that I was going to go ahead and join up on yesterday when I got my stuff, but when I mentioned it to the leader I talked to last week, she mentioned that if I joined on Friday and then went to my home meeting on Tuesday, that I would have to pay another $12, so I decided to just wait. Had I of realized that Trey's game was going to be Tuesday, (I thought it was Thursday) I would have went ahead and joined yesterday, which is what I really wanted to do anyways. I love the Friday noon meeting in Chattanooga. It's the one I always used to go to until I changed jobs. So, there are no meetings on Monday due to Labor Day, and the only meeting in Cleveland is Tuesday night at 6:00, the same time Trey's game starts. WI is from 6:00 to 6:30, meeting lasts 30 minutes and the field where he is playing at is about 15 minutes away, so that would put me there about 10 minutes before the game would be over and there is no way I can miss that. Not just because I don't want to miss it, but because if I did, it would kill Trey. So, no WW for me until next Monday. That doesn't mean that I'm using that as an excuse to eat more though. None of this.......Well, I'm not joining WW until next Monday so...... None of that stinkin thinkin. I've got my stuff now and I'm using it now.

Ok, on to replies:

2cute: Skinny dipping eh? What a hottie! If you need some more romance in your life, try inviting dh into the pool with you. Maybe you can give some motion to the ocean.... if you know what I mean. Also, good job on the fitting in the chair....things like that are SO awesome.

Thin: The story you told about you and dh waltzing on the side of the road was so romantic. Me and dh did that the other day.....somewhat. The kids were asleep and we were in the kitchen. The light was low, just a tiny one on over the sink and he turned the radio on that we have in the kitchen and we just swayed back and forth in front of the microwave. It was very nice.

Andria:
Quote:
Of course, the moment I decide I've done enough and decide to take a break, in comes my corporate boss and catches me reading a magazine.
Been there....done that. Aren't those moments the worst? Are you doing the SB diet or Adkins? I think I missed that.

Pam: First of all, let me say what a pretty lady you are! Thank you so much for sharing your picture with us. Chattanooga is only about 30 minutes away from me and if you don't want to drive that far, we could pick a halfway meeting point. I would LOVE to meet up with you. It would be awesome!!

Connie: I have absolutely nothing planned for the weekend either. Unfortunately, I have to work today and tomorrow, but I do have Monday off. We're not closed or anything, (we never close) but it just worked out that way. Dh is off from work b/c he works at a normal job and of course, the boys are out of school....so we will probably grill out or something like that.

Barb: I'm going to dissect part of your last post, so bear with me. Here's what you said:
Quote:
I am happy to report a 1.6 pound loss this week. I was a tad disappointed when I got on the scale because I have been working out so hard this week, but I am not going to let my self feel bad about a loss. I am doing it slow and steady. And I feel better than I have felt in years!!!
Ok, first off....WAY TO GO on the 1.6 lbs. I know it doesn't seem like a lot, but remember, you are building muscle and it is aproximately 6 more sticks of butter off your body and I'll take that anyday! And secondly, how awesome you sound when you are proud of the fact that you are doing it slow and steady, the results are no doubt showing. I am VERY proud of you.

Kat: You are definitely my inspiration this week. How I long to have the guts to go to an amusement park with my kids and ride all the scary rides. As it is, dh's work is giving us four tickets to 6 Flags in Atlanta that have to be used in September and I'm just trying to get myself back to being used to doing a lot of walking. Good for you girl! You are the goal I am trying to reach this week. Glad you had fun and are back home safe and sound.

To everyone I didn't respond to, it's not that I didn't think of you, it's just that my internet time is over, so I have to hand it over to my lovely coworker. You all know I love you though, don't you?

As it is, I have been here forever trying to answer the calls as I was typing. Geez people, it's Labor Day weekend! Get your butt out of the house and off the phone and go enjoy life!! (yelling inside my head to all the morons calling this morning) I hope you all have a super terrific day and I will be sure to pop in this evening.

Here is the quote of the day:

Sometimes what seems like surrender isn't surrender at all. It's about what's going on in your own hearts. About seeing clearly the way life is and accepting it and being true to it, whatever the pain, because the pain of not being true to it is far, far greater.

Last edited by QueenB; 08-30-2003 at 10:47 AM.
Old 08-30-2003, 11:04 AM   #3  
I'm on my way!

Hey Tina...you are smart doing the plan now before you go to WW...just think that will be that much less you have to lose once you get back to meetings! I always ate myself into oblivion until the day I rejoined! Not anymore! I am determined this time round...I know I can do it! I know YOU can do it too...look how far you have come already!! Sounds like you had a nice day with your son!

2Cute thanks for finding that peanut butter cup recipe for me. I just made them up and put them in the freezer. I figured them out to be 1 point each. And let me tell you....of course I licked the spoon and just the cool whip and peanut butter together is worth the 24 points for the whole dang bowl! It was soooo good! And 2 T of the chocolate syrup was more than plenty! I put it in a plastic baggie and cut a tiny tip and drizzled it on each one plentiful and still had some left in the bag. No...I did not eat the rest I quickly tossed the bag in the yukky trash!!

Pam you are such a pretty young lady!! I love seeing pics of everyone and wish I could meet you all in person!!

Barb good job on the 1.6 lbs...remember a loss is a loss and eventually all those 1.6 lbs add up to lots and lots of pounds! Don't get discouraged...because if you didn't lose the 1.6 you could have gained 1.6...which is more discouraging. I use to get disappointed at a small loss...I want instant gratification...but those small losses added up to 97 lbs! So stick with it...you are doing great...especially with the exercising! Oh and tell me again when you are going to Florida! I forgot the date.

Sorry I'm not able to post to each of you right now but I have to get in the shower, do my hair, pack a bag for andrew, get him some lunch and head out for John's nephew's graduation party. He graduated college...the only one of the 3 kids to go to college!

I just have to tell you a quick and healthy snack...my son loves it too. Put 2 T of hummus in a little bowl and stick in the little pretzel sticks to make a porcupine. My son ate it all up and then ate the rest of the hummus out of the bowl too. If you use the 2 T of hummus and 48 little pretzel sticks its a 3 point snack! Filling too!

Another thing...(I know I know I said I had to go!) but I got two more boxes of those morningstar garden veggie burgers...they are sooo good and 1 pt each. I also got a box of the spicy black bean ones too so I can try them! They are well worth the 1 pt and taste good on top of it! OK now I am outta here!

TTFN Michelle

Last edited by MichelleK; 08-30-2003 at 11:11 AM.
Old 08-30-2003, 11:11 AM   #4  
Michigan Old-Timer

Ok chickies! I'm here for just a second because now that I'm working all week, I get to do the banking and grocery shopping on Saturday like all the other poor people that work full-time! YUCK!

I did want to get in here early, however, to remind everyone:

Don't Forget:

CHAT TONIGHT! 8:30 EST, 7:30 CST

I won't be there because I'll be out waltzing on some highway with my honey, but you all have a great time, and don't talk about me too much!

Last edited by thinthinker; 08-30-2003 at 11:13 AM.
Old 08-30-2003, 12:15 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Hi chicks,

Wow, I think I've missed a thread or two.

Its been a busy week or so. Like 2Cute, our heat has finally broken and now we're have lots of rain. Go figure, it rains for Labor Day weekend being sure to ruin the weekend for the campers and such. First the searing heat, now rain. I'm looking forward to normal seasonal days and really looking forward to the cool nightly walks.

We've also been busy getting the house ready for our neighbor to paint the living room, entryways and hallway. He got the living room done yesterday so at least we can move some of the furniture back. He wants to come on Monday to finish but I'm thinking...HELLO...its a holiday and I want to be at home enjoying a day off from work. Not that I'll be having fun because I am supposed to be studying for a test that is next Friday. Commercial insurance is not an exciting read.

Last night was night 1 of our 25th class reunion. I was so apprehensive about going and really debated about whether to attend or not. I think I had posted earlier about how I knew about this over a year ago and why didn't I try harder to lose more weight. I was overweight in highschool and really didn't want to go back still being overweight. I said to DH that it seems like I remember all the feelings of insecurity, self-consciousness, being fat, not having clothes (plus size stores were practically non-existant back then), not being super close to girlfriends, not really geek but not really cool either. Why does all that come back and not the fun? I must have been fun because that's what people wrote in the yearbook. So anyway...we went and I wore my red capries and a black knit top that made me look good and feel great. I was thrilled that people remembered me and hugged me and not one person said..so still fat? I've decided to let all that stuff go and feel good about high school and feel confident about meeting people I haven't seen. We had a great time. I had a few too many Smirnoff Ice's but we hugged, we laughed, we danced! They played our old music and we girls got out there and danced like it was prom. We didn't care if the younger people just looked at us. We didn't last long either!! Too old to dance all night. Tonight is round 2. We're meeting at a rented hall so hopefully more will show up. We only had 50 in our graduating class.

Went to WW this morning. Down a pound for the month of August. Could have been better but no complaints here! I'm ready to get restarted on Monday.

I better hit the books. Congrats to everyone who has posted losses. Great job Tina! Pam, loved your pics. Connie - hope you're feeling better.

Have a great holiday!
Old 08-30-2003, 01:41 PM   #6  
I'm on my way!

Dang...we just spent $1200 on a new couch. Its suppose to be delivered next saturday! What next!? I know...a new car! LOL
I won't hold my breath on that one since mine is only just 3 yrs old last month!!

OK we are off to the graduation cookout...I have lots of points saved up so I know I can do this I can do this I can do this!!!!

TTFN Michelle

SOmeone post again later about chat tonight so I won't forget!!
Old 08-30-2003, 02:39 PM   #7  
BELIEVE!

Hi Gang!
How's everyone doing on this wonderful Saturday?? All is well here. I slept late today, watched Chicago and then went to the gym. I did cardio today and swam laps - boy, I forgot what a workout swimming can be. It felt good. Now I am waiting for DH to get his but moving so we can go eat and do some shopping. We are going to my favorite Mexican place today. I am going to suggest to him that we just order one meal and split it. I'm sure we'll be home in time for chat tonight. I'll try to make it.

Tina -- "only 6 more hours" --- that is positive thinking. Good girl!! That's great that you and your son had a mom/son day yesterday and got all your WW stuff. Your in the right mindset - even if it's going to take another week to get to the meeting!!! Thanks for your positive remarks on my post! I loved the quote and adorable picture!

Michelle - Sounds like you've got a busy day going on! Have fun!! I don't think I've ever tried humus - but the pretzel/humus snack sounds good. I may have to give it a try one of these days. We are leaving for FL 2 weeks from today! On the 13th and we come home on the 20th. We've got all the major stuff booked - air, hotel, car - but have yet to figure out what we are doing with our free time when Jeff is not working. No matter what we do we'll have a good time! I'm looking forward to the break from work.

Thin - Thanks for the chat reminder! We'll miss you. Have a wonderful date with your hubby!!

Terri - Glad to hear that you are getting a break from the heat! Hope you have a great time at the reunion tonight. Sounds like part 1 was fun! Enjoy!!!

A Big to everyone else!! Hope to see you in chat tonight.
Gotta go get ready.
Barb
Old 08-30-2003, 06:39 PM   #8  
I'm on my way!

I have to report I was very successful at the cookout...I was feeding Andrew fruit salad as he was running and playing with the other kids. He'd come running back for another bite...I had a couple bites of his fruit salad, I had one little chicken kabob which had one pices of shrimp, one piece of chicken and the rest veggies, I also had a half of a boneless skinless chicken breast stuffed with spinach. I got it to feed to andrew but he didn't want anything to do with it. He had two slices of american cheese. I brought a bottle of water with me...lucky for me because their was no diet soda. So that was it! When I got home I had me one of those spicy bean veggie burgers w/a slice of cheese on lite bread. It was soooo good!! Not really spicy either, just enough to give it some flavor.

Anyways...when we got off the highway all the stop lights were either out or flashing...I was panicing because I was thinking we all lost power and I wouldnt' get to chat tonight! But....lo and behold...our clocks were all flashing when we got home! I just hate having to reset them all.

Barb...I was going to invite you and Jeff to a cookout on the 14th. After Andrew's party at Chuck E Cheese we are having a cookout for the family and adult friends that really wouldn't want to be hanging our at Chuck E's....but I thought you were going to be away...thats why I asked! And I was going to get that trunk ready for your clothing and stuff myself in if for the flight! But since its the same weekend as andrew's party I am going to have to pass this time....besides, my parents will be here that weekend too! Oh well....I'm sure you will still have a great time without me!! LOL

Ok I gotta go get John's lunch packed and get Andrew changed and do the dishes in the sink before chat time! I'll be back!!

Michelle
Old 08-30-2003, 08:40 PM   #9  
BELIEVE!

Don't Forget Chat -- Now!

I'm there all by myself. Come join me.

Old 08-30-2003, 09:39 PM   #10  
BELIEVE!

I guess everyone is out having a wonderful evening!!

Mary, Michelle and I had a nice little chat with another woman we met in the chat room. We missed the rest of you.

I'm off to bed now!

Sweet Dreams to all!
Barb
Old 08-30-2003, 10:02 PM   #11  
Progress..not perfection

Unhappy Chat?

I know *technically* that I'm late....but I did just hop in the chatroom and no one was there. Oh well, I guess I'll just come in here and talk to myself.

Dh was off today of course, and he took Trey to a pool party that his football Coach was throwing, but he was sure to call me at work before he left to ask me to stop by the store on my way home and if it wasn't too much trouble could I start cooking the minute I got home so it would be done by the time they got home from their fun filled day?! What a butthole.

The grocery store did have LOTS of stuff on sale because of Labor Day weekend, so I did get a lot of stuff, but guess who cooked dinner when he got home? No, it didn't happen that way on purpose. They just got home as I was carrying in all the groceries and I made a few ahem.....comments about working all day and then coming home to cook when everyone else had been having fun all day, so believe it or not....he took the hint.

Ok before I go, quick question: I like to buy frozen dinners to take with me to work for lunch but am getting bored, because it seems like I always get the same old things because I don't want to buy something I may not like. Do any of you have any dinners that you really like and would reccommend? Healthy Choice, Lean Cuisine or WW?

Discuss amongst yourselves.....

Have a great night and I'll see you in the morning.
Old 08-31-2003, 12:11 AM   #12  
working off those pounds

S/C/G: 350+/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Hey girls -

Long day I had to get up at 4 am so that I could get to work on time...grrr to that! I can't wait until I finish up at Filene's, it takes me an hour an a half to drive there and I still have another whole week of working there before I'm done for good

I havent counted my points today or yesterday , although I haven't eaten anything "bad."

I'm gonna have to be really good Sunday, Monday and Tuesday so that I can make sure I see results on that scale Wednesday!

Melissa
Old 08-31-2003, 05:37 AM   #13  

Hi everyone! Well, here I am again. I've been back on the Prozac for over a week now and am feeling much better. My munching and grazing have stopped, and the scale has FINALLY started moving again.

I'm terrible about individual replies, but I'll try to remember what I've read:

Kat: Omigosh I can't believe you went on all of those rides!! I'm nauseated just THINKING of being hurtled into space on a slingshot ride!! I've always been able to use my weight as an excuse not to get on the rides, when actually I'm just plain chicken . Not sure what excuse I'll use when I lose the weight! LOL

Tina: I think it's wonderful that you had that time with your son. Quality time with a 15 year old is so rare and precious that you should take it whenever you can get it!!

2Cute: Sounds like you're doing great!! It's wonderful when you can finally start seeing and feeling your weight loss. I know I was thrilled when I didn't have to ask for a seat belt extender on my flight back home.

Thin: I can't remember what you posted. Sorry. LOL So I'll just say HI!!

And hello to Granny, Melissa, Barb, Michelle, Lori, and anyone else that I may have missed.

I'll talk at ya all later,
Jen

256/211/150
Old 08-31-2003, 09:14 AM   #14  

Morning My friends,

Trip to Nashville yesterday was devine!!! We went shopping, at a Hobby shop, Jane is obsessed right now with trading cards, she collects, (they are everywhere in the house!), and trades with folks on line...then we rode downtown to Printer's Alley and 2nd Avenue, always hopping and bustling with activity! Then we went to dinner at a place called Basante's....and I had what I said I wouldn't have, CHICKEN!! BUT IT WAS THE BETTER OF SOME OF THE CHOICES, KNEW I HAD TO STAY AWAY FROM THE PASTAS AND THE CREAM SAUCES but it was grilled to perfection with fresh rosemary and sage, served with steamed julienne of vegetables, red peppers, squash, broccoli, asparagus, green beans. Also had (just a little) garlic mashed potatoes...to die for!! and had a Caesar Salad, it was heavenly. Nice Restaurant, quaint, quite, romantic, not too fancy, not too shabby...then we went to my absolute favorite bookstore in the world, Davis-Kidd Booksellers. I got the Bob Greene, Get With The Program and journal companion, can't wait to get started.....

Jen, glad to hear that the scale is moving in that "downward trend!!" you keep up the good work.

Tina, sorry, can't help you with the frozen dinners, I don't usually buy them, do want to try one of those burgers you gals keep raving about. I usually have fresh veggies, chicken, turkey, or fish, and fruit, and salads and turkey sandwiches, etc. Never have been too much of a frozen food fan, but like you would like to have ideas about what to carry to work for lunch. We have a microwave and a nice break room...so leftovers are usually pretty easy for me.

Michelle, great job at the cookout!! sounds like you did well.....

thin, and all the rest of you chicklets, have a great day, I have to get off my duff now, got grocery shopping to do, and chores exercise, and a few (emphasis on the word few, chores to do around the house), rarely get a Sunday off, so I plan to take full advantage, and relax.

toodles chickies!!!

Old 08-31-2003, 10:17 AM   #15  
BELIEVE!

Good Morning All!
Just popping in for a quick hello!

I want to get to the gym and do some cleaning today so that I can relax and enjoy having tomorrow off. Plan on doing some shopping and lounging around. So, gotta get my rear in gear rignt now.

I'll catch up with you lovely ladies later on!

Barb
Closed Thread