3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Part 2 of January 2017 - Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - Everyone Welcome! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/312104-part-2-january-2017-daily-accountability-lifestyle-change-everyone-welcome.html)

Weekend Boater 01-29-2017 06:03 PM

Hi everyone :) I just finished reading all the posts and I need to make this a quick one as DH is getting hungry. It is soooo nice to read all of your news, as always! Congratulations to everyone!

Ronja, yay! : ) That is so nice! Congrats on a wonderful day and just eating a slice and not nearly the whole cake like I did one day during the holidays! hahaha I came in here miserable the next day! I was ashamed to confess but glad I did because the girls really helped me and those days can be part of the journey too! :celebrate::celebrate::celebrate: Happy Birthday to your little one! Health and happiness to all of you! Keep up the great work and bravo for walking to your friends!

Flower, welcome back :) It is always such a pleasure to see you and as the others said as well, don't feel bad at all when not doing personals...love to read your news!

A big hello to all of you! As for me, last night and today went well. I am so much better now! My dad is getting well, mom is recouping nicely! Thank goodness! They are both going for follow up visits tomorrow and I am driving over to take ma to the hospital so I wont be able to post until later on but will be thinking of you all and wish you a wonderful night and great new day! I got in a walk today and went off on my own , I had a very nice time!! I will start going now whenever I can but more on that next time. Keep up the wonderful work and I look forward to catching up with you all soon. :grouphug:

Miracle2617 01-29-2017 08:04 PM

Hi, This is my first post (well, I just put one in the 160s thread but it seems there are more posters in this one)-I am currently at about 164-166 and am trying to get to 145 or so. I started at 245 so I am thrilled to be here.My weight loss has slowed some as I get closer to goal so I thought some support would be good.I have found the journey a little lonely.My hubby has been supportive but is not doing this with me and my children are very healthy weights(very thankful) so they aren't either. It has just been me (and once a month to the doctor's office).I have friend's of all BMIs but none of them were trying to lose when I started. I' ve been reading the thread for a few weeks and you all seem so encouraging.Hope everyone has a great week.My goals are to stay in my calorie range and exercise at least three times.I am going through a stressful time and sometimes that makes sticking to my plan tougher.

Diana3271 01-29-2017 08:36 PM

Kris Hi and welcome to the check-in. :welcome2: It is great seeing you.

Miracle2617 HI and welcome to the check-in. :welcome2: Good luck with your weight loss goals.

Diana3271 01-29-2017 08:54 PM

Total Approx 1315 Calories + :coffee:

Breakfast (260 calories + :coffee:)
Organic Valley vanilla Fuel shake 260 calories
coffee w/cream sugar/stevia blend

Lunch (450 calories)
salad w/grilled chicken & BHF's ranch 400 calories
iced coffee my usual way 50 calories

grocery store samples :rolleyes: 200 calories

Dinner (405 calories)
fajita omelette:
2 eggs 140 calories
fajita seasoned chicken 135 calories
1 slice Horizon organics American cheese 60 calories
salsa 20 calories
onions, tri-pepper blend, mushrooms 50 calories

Exercise
KCM's Cardio pump combined workouts w/10's & 12's

Nicholsfamily1987 01-29-2017 09:41 PM

Personals –
Miracle: Welcome! I love seeing all these new faces!

Weekend: Love hearing that your parents are both doing good. Nice job over the weekend!

Vixsin: Hate hearing that about your knee. Hopefully it heals quickly so you can get back to your exercising. I had to go in an manually change my ticker for it to change. I don’t have one anymore because it was too much lol

Made: I have never heard of someone weighing on two different scales. But like you… I am very OCD about weighing every day…it’s what keeps me accountable!

Nancy: IO am jealous of your sun shining..it’s gloomy and cold where I am at..I can’t wait until spring and the sun get here.

Ronja: Happy birthday to your daughter! I love first
birthdays..and I love that age! My youngest is 3 years old and getting too big too fast!

Hey Diana looks like you’re doing great as always! I am so jealous of how consistent you are on here…

Hello everyone else!!

YWI: 141.6
TWI: 142.2
Calories: I’m guessing somewhere between 1300-1400.
Exercise: 40 minutes stationary; 20 minutes treadmill; and A LOT of walking today.

Okay so my sweets have been OUT OF HAND today. I will be accountable and say I do not believe I went over my calories..and I’m hoping that my exercise outweighed all the sweets I ate today. We have a place that makes homemade fudge and my husband went by there yesterday…he tried to hide it from (because I asked him too) but he wasn’t very successful and I ended up eating half a brick of fudge. It was BAD! I haven’t ate much food-food today because I haven’t felt hungry and it may be because my coffee filled me up this morning and all the sweets. It wasn’t just fudge either…but here I am admitting to how bad I’ve been and tomorrow is a new day. I’m just crossing my fingers the scale doesn’t hurt my feelings tomorrow.

OAN: I did do some retail therapy also today and purchase several new shirts for work…some new makeup and Bath & Body works lotions and sprays..

I hope everyone had a great weekend.. I’m going to hit the sac and get ready for work tomorrow. TTYL

nancylmrn 01-29-2017 09:58 PM

Well has been a good day, we did the walk through the zoo and go home before it started raining :carrot:

I did get my steps in and hopping that I will see a drop this week it really has been 2.5 weeks since any drop. I have been up and down the same 1lb it seems for that long going from 165.6 down to 164.4...occasional up a bit and down a hair...

Tomorrow got my lunch packed already and dinner to go into the crock pot....stew with potato's, carrots and onion

flower123 01-30-2017 03:23 AM

Hi all :wave:

Diana
Quote:

Originally Posted by Diana3271 (Post 5298014)
Flower Welcome back. Please don't feel pressured to do personals. I have also been struggling with this. I want to do personals, but I just don't seem to have the time right now. I also get overwhelmed with it all. So I know this is good for me and I need to keep doing it. I do personals when I can. Everyone here is so supportive and reach out to each other when they can.

My personals for the night:
I have said this before, but I want to say it again. I want to thank everyone for being supportive of each other. This is really a great group. We are all on different plans, exercise differently, etc but everyone is welcome here. Thank you for being so kind and supportive of each other. :grouphug:

Diana
Thank you for the words both to me, and to everyone. I always notice how you set the space for such a great support community. I totally agree with you that everyone here is kind and supportive. It is the best community, by far that I have found.

Nicholsfamily
congratulations on the weight loss !! Maybe that unfortunate encounter with a brick of fudge will not cause gain. Espeically with the exercise.

Nancylrmn
does your DH mix his tumeric with a bit of black pepper and a tbs of fat or oil? Great that by the time spring arrives you will be able to wear your old blouses.

Pang you sure do go to the gym early. I bow in admiration

Teri000 Thanks for the welcome back. I hear ya re tuning in to the group when having success. otherwise, backing off. I am tuning in because I have to get back on track. Been doing emotional eating lately

Vixsin Thanks for the welcome back. I totally hear ya re: needing the group. I was gone for a week and gained a lot :lol: I do agree about this community group. Glad you are back to add your energy to the mix :) and congrats on the .2 loss

MadeToThrive
Welcome back. Such great news you bring. Hitting onderland. Happy birthday. And you lost so much while you were gone. I understand about the 2 scales. that happened to me as well. The old one was not digital. And it made me 3 lbs lighter. The good news is that the digital and now are good friends (on certain days). Great that you are back

Margot welcome back. Congratulations on keeping up with your plan, and loss. Slow and steady does win the .... smaller sized clothing and health

Ronja big awwww for your youngest daughter's birthday. I say to moms "happy birthing day". After all, they should celebrate the birthdays of their children. Just in a different way. Birthing day. I think you did great with the sweets. And the walk. Hope your 2 year old feels better today

Weelend Boater
thank you for the welcome back :) your mom had the surgery and is recuperating? Glad your dad is doing well too. You sure have been busy with helping them out. :hug: Hope the follow up dr appointments go well. I am sure they will.

Miracle2617 welcome. Yes, this is a great supportive community. Glad you are here. I too lost the lonely way. I did not know about 3FC. I find it makes a big difference. It is common for loss to be more challenging when we get close to goal. Sometimes it slows down a bit and then takes off with greater speed again.

Everyone I did not mention
:wave:

Today I stayed on plan. Except I have to add in 1 Tbs of oil which is what is needed for the turmeric which is lipid soluble . Oil and (oddly) black pepper which somehow activates it.
B coffee 170
L chicken sausage with vegetables 350
S whey protein drink, frozen with cocoa powder 80
D chicken with vegetables and a Tbs of olive oil and 1/2 T of cornstarch 400 :(
S whey protein drink with cocoa powder 200
E so far 9 minutes on jogging trampoline. More to come.
Total for the day: 1100

I was half way out the door this evening to buy something off plan when I stopped myself. I knew I needed cabbage in the next 2 days so i was using that as an excuse to get something bad aka fattening. But i stopped myself realizing that I wanted to emotional eat because I was taking on the pain of someone I help. So I took off my coat and cooled my jets :D
I hope everyone has a great Monday.

Teri000 01-30-2017 06:32 AM

December 2017

Hi!

Weight is the same. Walked over an hour...maybe 15 minutes over. Did not get much else done. I have had less food cravings lately. I wish it could be this way forever...

Made to Thrive: had to think twice about Onederland. That is a BIG goal for me, too.

Nichols: I, too, feel better if I weigh-in everyday. If I overeat and skip the weigh-in , often...things get worse over the upcoming days.

Diana3271 01-30-2017 07:46 AM

Good Morning, Everyone! :wave:

Last night I added on: Tamilee Webb's Total Body Stretch (standing)
Nothing for this morning, my washer/dryer is suppose to be delivered today and I have to move things around in the house.

Calories for yesterday: 1315 + :coffee:
Weigh In: 173.4
No Change

Waving HI all around! Have a great start to your week.

Vixsin 01-30-2017 09:37 AM

Good Morning All!! :wave:

Yesterday was a pretty good day for eating.
Calories: 1635
Water: 64 oz
Weight 267.0 +1.4 :tantrum:

I slept HORRIBLY last night. Thanks to my upstairs neighbor that works third shift coming in at 3am with his drunk girlfriend and giggling and stumbling up and down the stairs. :mad: So I'm not surprised by the gain on the scale, whenever I sleep weird, it affects my weight. I am sticking to the plan today and drinking my water in hopes that things will right themselves tomorrow morning. Either way, I am proud of what I've accomplished in the last 10 or 11 days and feel that I am back on track again.

Right now, I am enjoying my favorite mid morning snack: scrambled eggs, with chopped red peppers and a sprinkle of parm cheese on top. :chef:

Hoping everyone has a great start to their week!!

Hi and :welcome: to all the new people! We are glad you're here!

nancylmrn 01-30-2017 10:46 AM

Good morning all!

Flower than you for the tip on the oil and black pepper I will pass this on to DH

Nichols....retail therapy the best in the world IMHO

Weekend So glad the family is doing much better

Teri I get these no moving weigh in's I am finding them frustrating my self

Vixen & Diana :hug:

For those I missed...good morning this is a quick one for me

Well starting the week with no loss from last week....is it too early in my game plan for a plateau??? 3.5 months???

this time I will not rant and scream. there is no rhyme or reason for it calories good, carbs low to very low, exercise ....well, food op

will check in later

Nicholsfamily1987 01-30-2017 11:47 AM

Personals:

Nancy: Good Morning Nancy! It's never to early for a plateau in my opinion. They can happen at anytime. Maybe switch what you eat up...or if you're calorie counting bounce them up and then back down...or try and change up exercise...one of those should get your metabolism moving again.

Vixsin: Hope you sleep better tonight. Weight is affected by everything sadly...I hate that it messed with your weight. Maybe you should tell your neighbors how disrespectful it is to get drunk and keep people awake.

Diana: Yay for your washer/dryer being delivered!

Teri: I agree..if I don't weigh in usually it's because I'm up to no good with my eating and I'm ashamed of what the scale is probably going to show.

Flower: WTG staying on plan. Awesome job keeping yourself on track.

YWI: 142.2
TWI: 141.8
Calories: 1250
Exercise: 20 minutes stationary; 10 minutes treadmill...I'm going to try to get another 20 minutes on the treadmill when I get home and add some squats.

So apparently the fudge didn't affect my weight that much but again like I said I exercised a lot to I'm guessing it evened it all out. I am starting to feel like myself again....Clothes are starting to fit a lot better.. I do have some khakis and jeans that are still a bit snug..but it is what it is and hopefully when I get down to my low (131) they will fit again.

Hope everyone is having a great Monday!

Vixsin 01-30-2017 02:15 PM

I need to vent.

So a client at work told my boss that I am patronizing. Me? What the what? I answer the phone and am the office manager so I talk to the client a LOT. I would never label myself as patronizing. He did say that she's under a lot of stress and was upset at all the bills I was sending her (part of my job is billing too).

I was floored. Never in my life has someone said that about me. It totally hurt my feelings and I ended up letting it eat away at me and I burst into tears (not in front of anyone).

Maybe she's taking her stress out on me? Maybe my crappy nights sleep is letting my emotions run wild today? I also think TOM is due to make his evil appearance within the next week and a half. I'm sure it's a combination of things, but still....NOT NICE, Elise!! :mad:

Bonus: I wanted to eat rice cakes with peanut butter after that and I didn't! So yay for that.

Thanks for letting me vent. I need a hug, I'm moody today. LOL.

I see a very hot and relaxing shower and early bed time in my future tonight!

MonteCristo 01-30-2017 02:33 PM

I ate too much over the weekend, but I also worked like a dog most of the time, so it all balanced out. :) I think I had 17K steps when I went to bed last night, and that was in additional to my workout. :cool:

I'm so behind on personals...I hope I didn't miss anyone!

Nicholsfamily - Glad the fudge didn't have too bad an impact on your weight. I find that if I keep on track most of the time I can handle a slip up every couple of weeks, but you've got to get right back to it and not let it become something bigger.

Nancy - Plateaus happen without a lot of rhyme or reason. You just have to keep on keeping on.

Vixsin - Welcome back! Sorry about your inconsiderate neighbors...but you'll drop back down in no time. And your snack sounds delicious...I've started putting black bean salsa (my favorite) and smoked cheddar on my eggs and it is SO good! I've found that it takes about a day for my ticker to update...I have no idea why.

Diana - Great job as usual!

Teri000 - Congrats on your loss!

flower123 - Glad to see you back. And great job on stopping yourself from buying something you didn't need.

Miracle2617 - Hi and welcome to the check-in! Great job on your loss so far! :yay:

WeekendBoater - Glad to hear both your parents are doing better. No fun plans, getting a couple houses ready to rent again, probably be doing that every weekend for the next couple of months, as I have another that will be coming up empty in March 1. Oh well. At least I get to listen to a lot of audiobooks while I work.

Ronja - Nice job with the cake. I tend to have that same reaction with not wanting to eat a cake after I make it, even if I don't taste it I seem to absorb the sugar and fat somehow. Of course I just deal with this by making the cake a day or so early, lol.

Margot - Nice to hear from you...keep up the hard work!

Madetothrive - Hi and welcome (back?) to the check-in. I just picked a nice round number that was pretty close to my highest weight. I don't think the particular numbers matter that much, it is more about the journey, you know? Anyway, congrats on your loss so far!

MonteCristo 01-30-2017 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vixsin (Post 5298313)
I need to vent.

So a client at work told my boss that I am patronizing. Me? What the what? I answer the phone and am the office manager so I talk to the client a LOT. I would never label myself as patronizing. He did say that she's under a lot of stress and was upset at all the bills I was sending her (part of my job is billing too).

I was floored. Never in my life has someone said that about me. It totally hurt my feelings and I ended up letting it eat away at me and I burst into tears (not in front of anyone).

Maybe she's taking her stress out on me? Maybe my crappy nights sleep is letting my emotions run wild today? I also think TOM is due to make his evil appearance within the next week and a half. I'm sure it's a combination of things, but still....NOT NICE, Elise!! :mad:

Bonus: I wanted to eat rice cakes with peanut butter after that and I didn't! So yay for that.

Thanks for letting me vent. I need a hug, I'm moody today. LOL.

I see a very hot and relaxing shower and early bed time in my future tonight!

Did you have to explain to the client they were wrong about something? Because some people think if you tell them they are wrong you are being patronizing automatically. I wouldn't let it worry you...unless you start getting the same feedback from numerous sources.