Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-27-2017, 02:29 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 221/221/160

Breakfast - A packet of Better Oats Cinnamon Roll 100 Calorie Oatmeal w/ Flaxseed + 1 tsp. Honey - 23 carbs

Snack - A small, green apple - 0

Lunch - PB and sugar-free J on Sara Lee Multi-grain bread - 24

Dinner - A beef and black bean burrito (using a Floutout flatbread) - 20

Carbohydrates - 67

Vitamins/Thyroid Medicine - Yes!
Water intake (in oz.) - 107 oz.
Exercise - 30 min. HIIT workout/Treadmill and 30 min. Leslie Sansone HIIT DVD

Off to pick up the hubby from work for a late night with friends at Bellator!!!!!! So excited!

Last edited by spnfullasgr; 04-05-2019 at 10:53 AM.
spnfullasgr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 12:18 PM   #17  

Breakfast - A healthy Egg McMuffin w/ a Light Thomas multi-grain 100 calorie english muffin, turkey breakfast sausage, a dry-fried egg and a thinly sliced piece of swiss - 25 carbs

These are really amazing, you guys! You MUST give them a try!

Snack - A small orange - 0

** Just like apples, because of all of the health benefits I'm not including carbs from these.

Lunch - A grilled chicken flatout flatbread wrap w/ green leaf lettuce, fresh cucumber and light dressing - 16

Snack - A Cinnamon Apple Rice Cake - 11

Dinner - 2 hard-shell tacos w/ fresh tomato, cilantro, red onion and a small bit of cheese + mock spanish rice and a dollop of
fat-free sour cream

Snack - GUILTY PLEASURE - A Starbucks grande iced coffee w/ sugar-free vanilla and extra cream - 5

Carbohydrates - 75
Exercise - 60 mins.cardio w/ Leslie Sansone

Last edited by spnfullasgr; 02-05-2017 at 05:58 PM.
Old 01-28-2017, 06:07 PM   #18  

So I've gotten everything done that I need to get done for the day (house-cleaning, workouts, errands, etc.) and am looking forward to a little down time until I have to get dinner started, so I thought it might be fun to do a sort of weekly round-up of some things that I've found throughout the past few weeks that has either aided in my eating healthier, kept me motivated or is completely unrelated but something I absolutely love! I like reading things like this from others, so why not create a little rendition of it myself??

This will be a bit lengthy, so hang on tight!

.:. Weekly Round-up .:.
Week One!

1. ProFormŪ Step Up iFitŪ Trainer Treadmill with 8-Week Jillian Michaels Fitness Program - My husband gifted this to me for Christmas as it was my very top wish on my list last month! I'm absolutely head over hills over this thing, it's amazing! It has an awesome incline, a built-in speaker system, an 8-week plan by Jillian Michaels, not to mention more apps to work out to. It even has a built-in fan! - HSN

2. JAM Classic Bluetooth Wireless Speaker - One of my favorite things in life has always been music. It's such a huge motivator in keeping my workouts efficient. My hubby being the amazing hubby that he is also gifted this to me for Christmas and I use it every day! It uses Bluetooth to connect to my music library on my iPad. Love love love it!!! - Amazon

3. Mario Badescu Rosewater Facial Spray with Aloe and Herbs - My little sis bought this for me for Christmas and I'm crazy about it. It smells JUST like roses (rosewater, duh!), and you can spray it on before applying makeup or just for a fresh face. Will be buying this regularly for sure! - Ulta

4. Brinley Co Women's Durango-xwc Riding Boot - Behold! My new fall/winter boots! I've always wanted high boots but could never find any that would fit around my calves. I felt like I was taking a huge risk purchasing footwear online, but I'm so glad I did! - Amazon, surprisingly!

5. Laughing Cow Cheese Dippers - These are friggin' fantastic! Definitely one of my favorite snacks right now, and at only 8 carbs per pack? C'mon now! - I found these at my local Dillons, but I'm sure most grocery stores carry them.

Week Two!

1. Leslie Sansone: Walk To The Hits Radio Remixes (Featuring HIIT) on DVD - Okay, so Leslie Sansone is my ABSOLUTE FAVORITE fitness guru, and has been ever since I began learning more about fitness and all around wellness. She's constantly coming out with fun DVDs that consist of walking off your poundage. She's just recently come out with a line of HIIT DVDs and this is the first one I've tried. I LOVEloveLOVE it!!! It's so much fun, it's efficient and it makes my workout a complete breeze (not to say I don't sweat, I totally do!). It goes by so quickly because it's a blast! I will definitely be collecting them all. - Amazon

2. Ipsy - My sister turned me onto this subscription box (or excuse me, bag!) just recently and I'm so excited that she did! You fill out a beauty profile telling what skintone you are, what color hair you have, your complexion status and what sort of beauty and hair products you enjoy, then Ipsy sends you a monthly makeup bag (no two alike) full of 5 products that match your profile. There's $54.00 worth of products in one bag, and you only pay $10.00 monthly. - Ipsy

These were the products that were inside my January Glam Bag:

* The January Bag
* Sally's Box Loverecipe AcaiBerry Mask & Loverecipe Aloe Mask
* Manna Kadar Cosmetics - Paradise Blush
* Rimmel London - Lip Conditioning Balm by Kate Moss
* theBalm Cosmetics Bahama Mama Bronzer
* Naked Cosmetics - Mica Pigment in Desert Sunset #02

If you decide you're interested in Ipsy, feel free to use my referral link Here.

If not, continue on!

3. 20 oz. Blender Bottle - I carry this thing around with me absolutely everywhere. It's crucial that I get in my daily water these days, and this makes it easy to keep track of how much I'm drinking. - Amazon

4. Urban Decay Shadow Pot in Midnight Cowboy - Another Christmas gift from the little sis (she's pretty amazing, I know)! I saw this at Sephora one day and was instantly obsessed. The shade is a light pink champagne with silvery shimmer. It's subtle and perfect for a quick dab when wanting to go for a natural look, but gives a really pretty shimmer that can be lightly dusted over something more pronounced for date night. The little pots these shadows come in are really awesome too! - Sephora

5. theBalm's Nude Dude Nude Eyeshadow Palette - This palette has been so much fun to work with! I've always been more of a natural-look kinda girl, but this palette has pushed me to play with smokiness too! More and more I'm growing comfortable doing different looks and experimenting with darker plums and burgandy shades. - Kohl's

Week Three!

1. Tone Fitness Kettlebells - My husband bought me 2 of these kettlebells (a 5 lb. and a 10 lb.) a couple Christmases ago and YES, they ARE as awesome and worth the hype as people say. The workouts for these things are endless on Pinterest (Russian Twists and Overhead Tricep Extensions happen to be a couple of my fave exercises using kettlebells), and I plan on incorporating them even more in the near future! - Academy

2. Breaking Benjamin's Phobia album - This CD is SO my jam. I've been using this album as my Mon., Wed., and Fri. workout music and I've yet to grow tired of it. I'm going to be making a big playlist of my favorite albums to workout to soon... Hmm, I think I'll post it on my journal when I do! -- Anyway, if you're a hard rock fan, be sure to check it out. - Amazon

3. Better Oats 100 Calorie Oatmeal packs - I knew in starting this diet regimen that I wanted to include oats because of their wholesomeness and just all around health benefits. THIS is the best thing I've found to keep my portions under control. It's filling, it's very yummy without having to add any sweeteners and it's so easy to do different things with. - Most grocers

4. Bullet Journaling - Okay, so this is my new obsession. I really think it's going to be a great addition to my list of motivators to keep myself on track and give me something more to look back on and be proud of. Will add progress to my journal once I start! - Found a LOT of ideas for this on Pinterest

5. Flatout Flatbread - These things are outstanding! I use them in my grilled chicken wraps, I've made a pizza quesadilla with them once and I'd love to make a big batch of breakfast burritos sometime (oh! Next grocery day!). They're extremely filling, very healthy and the Light Italian Herb flavor is really delicious. Definitely a staple in my healthy eating from here on out. - I can only find these at my local Neighborhood Walmart

So there! 5 things for each of the first 3 weeks since I started my health kick! Will post a few others later after dinner. Hope you guys found something that might help you enjoy your weightloss adventure a little more - or at least have fun pampering yourself along the way. Enjoy!

Last edited by spnfullasgr; 02-12-2017 at 12:32 PM.
Old 01-28-2017, 09:17 PM   #19  

Week Four!

1. Thomas Light Multi-Grain English Muffins - If you've been following my posts, you know I just recently bought these yesterday to try out. They're incredible! They're full of fiber, low in fat and only 100 calories per muffin. I made a week's worth batch of healthy egg mcmuffins this morning and have already decided to make these muffins a weekly regular on my grocery list!

2. Blogilates 5-Minute Arm Workouts - Cassie Ho is a YouTube fitness guru who has created several body part-specific 5-minute workouts that I love! Her arm workouts are my personal favorite and I incorporate them every other day in my HIIT training! With these workouts, there's absolutely NO weights needed, just you and your arms and the motivation to keep going when your arms feel like they have lava coursing through them!

3. St. Ives Blemish Control Apricot Scrub - This is by far THE very best facial scrub I've ever used. It's sulfate and paraben-free, nothing but 100% exfoliants (walnut shells), and is the only scrub I've ever used that seems to get the job done that it sets out to do.

4. Parking further away - Okay, so this one is a bit different than all my others, but it's something I've been trying to do more often this month. Anytime I go errand-running, grocery shopping or am just out and about for whatever reason, I try to put myself in a position where I will be burning a few extra calories to get inside and back again. It's small, I know, but I get such a weird sense of accomplishment afterwards!

5. Bath & Body Works Cashmere Glow Ultra Shea Body Lotions & Mist - I bought several of the girls in my family some things from B&BW this last Christmas, and they were running a sale where you could buy 2 and get one free of any full size lotion or mist. I fell in love with this stuff instantly! It doesn't dry my skin like a lot of their lotions do, and it literally smells like buttercream frosting. The mist I really like using as a hair perfume. Do any of you ladies do this too, or am I just weird? Spray your hairbrush with your favorite mist/perfume and brush your hair?
Maybe I'm just strange!

Last edited by spnfullasgr; 02-12-2017 at 12:33 PM.
Old 01-29-2017, 01:17 PM   #20  

Breakfast - A healthy Egg McMuffin w/ a Light Thomas multi-grain 100 calorie english muffin, turkey breakfast sausage, a dry-fried egg and a thinly sliced piece of swiss - 25 carbs

Lunch - 2 Leftover hard-shell tacos w/ fresh tomato, cilantro, red onion and a small bit of cheese + mock spanish rice and a dollop of
fat-free sour cream

Dinner - A diet A&W Root Beer, Steak, green beans, a small baked potato w/ sour cream, and a side salad w/ ranch + 2 large sliced strawberries, a small, sliced banana and dark chocolate drizzle - Uhmmm... ???

Every Sunday is family dinner with the in-laws! Obvious splurge, I know!
I decided to celebrate my 4th week coming to a close, WOOHOO!
You can best believe that I'll be working this meal off in the morning!

Carbohydrates - 54 (known carbs)
Exercise - Rest Day!

Last edited by spnfullasgr; 02-06-2017 at 11:58 AM.
Old 01-29-2017, 03:17 PM   #21  

Thought this was hilarious!

Last edited by spnfullasgr; 04-05-2019 at 11:38 AM.
Old 01-30-2017, 10:54 AM   #22  

Lunch - A grilled chicken flatout flatbread wrap w/ green leaf lettuce, fresh cucumber and light dressing - 16

Snack - Halfed an orange w/ the hubby - 0

Dinner - Turkey meatloaf w/ garlic-swiss mashed cauliflower and a small side salad - 4

Carbohydrates - 56

Last edited by spnfullasgr; 02-05-2017 at 06:23 PM.
Old 01-30-2017, 07:08 PM   #23  

I created my February HIIT workout! I'm also going to make a popsicle stick workout jar before Wednesday sometime and have that be my fitness project for the month. I'll be sure to post pictures for!

January's 30 min. HIIT Workout -

Chest Press (home gym) - 30 sec.
Stepper - 30 sec.
Arm circles, Inner (Cassie Ho Blogilates) - 1 min.
Arm circles, Outer (Cassie Ho Blogilates) - 1 min.
Pushers (Cassie Ho Blogilates) - 1 min.
Kick-backs - 30 sec.
Leg ext. (home gym) - 30 sec.
Jog in place (fast) - 30 sec.
Overhead Tricep Ext. (w/ 10 lb kettlebell) - 30 sec.
Crunches - 1 min.
Bicycles - 30 sec.
Jog & Twist - 30 sec.
Mini squats - 30 sec.
Hydrate + Walk in place - 30 sec.
Side squats - 30 sec.
Quick feet - 30 sec.
Under the Fences (similar to a very low bob and weave) - 30 sec.
Over the Fences - 30 sec.
Side sizzler - 30 sec.
Skips - 30 sec.
Quick feet - 30 sec.
Russian Twists (w/ heels touching floor/using 10 lb. kettlebell) - 30 sec.
Arm T-Lifts (w/ 2-5 lb. weights) - 30 sec.
Front Arm Raise (w/ 2-5 lb. weights) - 30 sec.
Laing side leg raise (30 sec. per leg) - 1 min.
Bridge - 1 min.
Squat punches - 30 sec.
Squat pulses - 30 sec.

Uphill climbs on the treadmill (10 incline, @ 2.5) - 10 mins.

Stretch!

January's Most-Used DVD/Video Workouts --

1.0 Mile Happy Walk found HERE
Leslie Sansone: Walk To The Hits Radio Remixes DVD

February's 30 min. HIIT Workout -

Chest press (home gym) - 30 sec.
Stepper - 30 sec.
Arm circles, Inner (Cassie Ho Blogilates) - 1 min.
Arm circles, Outer (Cassie Ho Blogilates) - 1 min.
Back Behinds (Cassie Ho Blogilates) - 1 min.
Jumpropes - 30 sec.
Traveling Kick-Backs - 30 sec.
Gazelle Glider - 1 min.
Jog + Twist - 30 sec.
Suicides - 30 sec.
Crunches - 1 min.
Butt Lifts - 1 min.
Hydrate (walk in place) - 30 sec.
Chest press (home gym) - 30 sec.
Leg ext. - 30 sec.
Stepper - 30 sec.
Side squats - 30 sec.
Front-kicks - 30 sec.
Mini Squat Side Punches w/ weights - 30 sec.
Speed Bag - 30 sec.
Jog + Twist - 30 sec.
Angled Knee lift/Standing crunches - 30 sec.
Gazelle - 1 min.
Donkey Kicks - 1 min.
Laying side leg lifts (30 sec. per leg) - 1 min.
Butt Lifts - 1 min.
Bicycles - 1 min.

Uphill climbs on the treadmill (10 incline, @ 2.5) - 7 mins.
Jog for 2 min.
Cool down - Walk for 1 min.

Stretch!

New Workout DVDs/Videos for February --

Leslie Sansone: Walk To The Hits Party Songs DVD - Arriving on Wednesday!!!

Last edited by spnfullasgr; 02-06-2017 at 11:55 AM.
Old 01-31-2017, 12:33 PM   #24  

Snack - A Cinnamon Apple Rice Cake w/ 2 tsp. PB - 13

Dinner - Maple-mustard chicken and cauliflower w/ a small side salad - 8

Maple-Mustard Chicken & Cauliflower How-to:

4 Skinless, bone-in chicken thighs
Cauliflower (I just use frozen, much easier!)
Salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
1/3 Cup brown mustard
1 TBS yellow mustard
1/4 Cup sugar-free maple syrup
Chopped fresh parsley, for garnish

Preheat your oven to 375 *F. Season chicken and cauliflower with salt and pepperand transfer to a non-stick pan or 12-inch skillet that is oven safe. Set aside. In a small mixing bowl, combine mustards and maple syrup using a whisk.
Pour the mustard mixture over the chicken and cauliflower and then toss to coat.
Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, or until chicken is done cooking and cauliflower is tender!

Carbohydrates - 62
Exercise - 60 mins. cardio w/ Leslie Sansone

Last edited by spnfullasgr; 02-06-2017 at 02:27 PM.
Old 01-31-2017, 09:15 PM   #25  

My new workout DVD came a day early!!!
I'm super excited about it, will definitely be using it tomorrow! Anyway, good night all!

Last edited by spnfullasgr; 02-06-2017 at 11:54 AM.
Old 02-01-2017, 09:12 AM   #26  

I have to say I love reading your blog here...I actually did the 1 mile walk this morning! Quick and easy to fit in. I'm actually pretty fit (overweight fit) lol but need to get motivated to do more so this was perfect to get started in the morning with. I want to eventually get to 30 min workout in the morning but starting with the 15 as getting up earlier in the morning is hard for me Thanks! I'm curious about the videos but going to start with the free youtube ones....
mskittykat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 10:20 AM   #27  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mskittykat View Post
I have to say I love reading your blog here...I actually did the 1 mile walk this morning! Quick and easy to fit in. I'm actually pretty fit (overweight fit) lol but need to get motivated to do more so this was perfect to get started in the morning with. I want to eventually get to 30 min workout in the morning but starting with the 15 as getting up earlier in the morning is hard for me Thanks! I'm curious about the videos but going to start with the free youtube ones....
Hi! Thank you, mskittykat I'm so glad! I absolutely LOVE the 1.0 Happy Mile of Sansone's, I thought it was really good at masking the fact that you were working out because of how much fun you have doing it.
I know exactly what you mean about getting up early! I have to be at work at 6 am. during the week, and so I make myself get up at 4, yuck. It's so tedious some mornings, but it pays off, I promise. Makes ya feel that whole self discipline thing!
And don't you worry, you'll get to those 30 min. workouts before you know it.

I'll be sure to post anything new of hers I find!

Last edited by spnfullasgr; 02-06-2017 at 02:28 PM.
Old 02-01-2017, 10:35 AM   #28  

So unfortunately I woke up with a very sore throat this morning. I was busy taking care of a sick hubby for the past week who managed to kick it pretty quickly. Going to be upping my daily dosage of 500 mg to 2,000 mg of vitamin C, drink mega amounts of water to keep any awaiting fevers down and I decided to take off early from work for a little extra R&R.
Despite the sore throat, my behind was up at a very early 4 am working out. LOVEloveLOVE my new HIIT workout that I created. I was starting to get a little burnt out on the old one, so I think each month I'll switch things up a bit.

I will be doing my measurements today, but no weigh-in until probably the weekend. I need a new scale, mine is so busted! - Will post my results soonish!

Snack - Hot chicken broth - 4

This stuff is savin' my soul right now, y'all! My sore throat is very grateful.

Snack - Hot chicken broth - 4

Dinner - Stuffed peppers w/ ground beef, fresh cilantro, black beans, red onion, a bit of cheese and a dollop of sour cream - 10

Carbohydrates - 59
Water intake (in oz.) - 127 oz.
Popsicle stick workout #1 // 5 min. Jog on treadmill @ 3 - COMPLETE!

Last edited by spnfullasgr; 02-06-2017 at 11:51 AM.
Old 02-01-2017, 01:21 PM   #29  

Quote:
Originally Posted by spnfullasgr View Post
I figured it would be a good idea to track my measurements somewhere, so why not here? Here goes!

Starting weight/measurements (1/2/2017) --
Weight - 214.6
Arms - 14"
Bust - 44"
Waist -39.5"
Abdomen - 45"
Hips - 49"
Thighs - 30.5"

I cannot wait to see these numbers plummet!!!

It's been a month since I began my journey into weightloss, and I have to admit, I've had a few tough days! I've really enjoyed finding things that keep me motivated, though, and figuring out how to take something not so healthy and turning it into something I can have anytime I want has been kind of a blast! -- I'm noticing small changes in my body already, but the biggest and most positive changes of all are my mood, my energy level and the self-discipline that I'm building in myself.

Here's to the next month of losing some weight/inches and never finding them again!

February weight/measurements --
Weight - (Will weigh-in this weekend after I buy a new scale!)
Arms - 13" (1" loss)
Bust - 42.5" (1.5" loss)
Waist -36.5" (3" loss)
Abdomen - 42" (3" loss)
Hips - 47" (2" loss)
Thighs - 28" (2.5" loss)

13 inches GONE!!!!!

Last edited by spnfullasgr; 02-06-2017 at 11:49 AM.
Old 02-01-2017, 03:26 PM   #30  

February Fitness Project: Popsicle stick workouts!

I took 28 large popsicle sticks (each to represent a day of the month, including my rest days) and used an array of my favorite colored sharpies to color both fronts and backs. Then I wrote in a silver pen small workouts that can be accomplished in 5 minutes or less!

This project is super versatile and can be molded to your personal needs/wants. If any of you decide to do the popsicle sticks, please feel free to post pics here so I can see whatcha did.. And remember, have fun with it!

Last edited by spnfullasgr; 02-06-2017 at 11:48 AM.