Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2003, 06:27 PM   #46  
I Can and I Will

Thank you for the warm welcome... I am so pleased to be back here. I went for a walk today and canned my marinara souce... so it was a good and busy day. Going to have a light dinner and then another walk. Did great with my h2o today as well... is there something i am missing for the points?? Hope not. I will check back here later...
Thanks for listening...

Sandyb
Old 09-03-2003, 06:52 PM   #47  

SandyB: You get two points if you stay on the program you use for your dieting, one for water and one for exercise and it is always a day behind. So you would have gotten points for yesterday's total so be sure and tell me tomorrow what your points total is.

Ok, I have stats for Faye, Debbie, Carri, and Julie. Waiting for everyone elses......

CUBS WIN CUBS WIN! When I came upstairs last time one of the cardinal players had just hit a grandslam homerun in the 5th I think it was making it 7 to zip. In the 6th they rallied and won 8-7! Yahoo puts them a game back of the division leader.

I got my yorkies car seat today and it is really cool. It is all black quilted fabric with lambswool insides and he really likes it. In fact, I got out his harness to adjust the size since he has grown since he wore it last and he came over to my feet, sat and stuck his head forward for me to put it on thinking he was going on a trip! He is so funny.

Well, better go help dh put up a new light fixture. He is getting mad at it so it isn't going well!

Faye
Old 09-03-2003, 07:22 PM   #48  
2006 - Panda Remix

Hello friends!

Yesterday I got 2 points for eating, 1 point for water, but no exercise - I did go shopping and walked around for about 2 hours though which is better than nothing.

SANDYB:- Welcome to you! I have found this group to be a real encouragement, posting my points daily really helps to keep me in check. Today, it was 8.30pm and I still hadn't done any exercise - previously I would have just not bothered, but because I knew I had to post my points tomorrow (and I did no exercise yesterday), I made myself get on my exercise bike for half an hour. So I think the accountability of this group is a real help!
I am so sorry for you losing your friends daughter and your brother - I think you have done well to put on 'just' 10 pounds. You say that you are normally a happy and optimistic person, but aren't at the moment, please go easy on yourself as you are grieving and need time to get over your losses. Just take it one day at a time and be kind to yourself!

JULIE:- Just a quick note about the eating while cooking - I sip a huge glass of water, listen to my C.D walkman, and munch on a carrot!

HONEYROSE:- Congratulations on fitting into your shorts - I bet that felt great. I agree with your hubby that you must be gaining muscle, so the scales aren't changing dramatically. You obviously are getting slimmer ( hence the shorts fitting) - I've started measuring myself with a tape measure as well as the scales, so even if the scales don't register much of a loss, you'll be encouraged by the loss of inches.

Hello to everyone else

Amanda xx
Old 09-04-2003, 12:09 AM   #49  

S/C/G: 198/ticker/135

Height: 5'7"

Amanda! Hi there! Great idea on the measuring. I will definately begin that as part of my weigh in. If I can see inches dropping, I wont feel so bad about the scale staying the same )

I did well today OP. However, I sat too long at the sewing machine. Time for a hot shower and bed. Check in tomorrow morning. nite girls

Old 09-04-2003, 12:17 AM   #50  

Evening,

Welcome SandyB:great to have you here with us....you will receive all kinds of love and support here!!! These are terrific women~~~ I offer you my condolences on the passing of your brother. I know this must be a difficult time for you, come to us as often as you need to.

ladies, it is late so I will reply in the am..sleep well
Old 09-04-2003, 07:21 AM   #51  

THURSDAY: Today is Time for us Thursday! Take some time to smell the roses, read a book, take a walk in the park or get a facial! DO SOMETHING FOR JUST YOU TODAY!

I got a: for points. I didn't get in enough water yesterday and taking Citrucel, I HAVE to get in enough water. BAD Faye!

I am going walking in the mall and to breakfast with a friend that used to post here a long time ago. We have set up a time a few times a month to meet. Even though she lives in town, I don't see her much. We lead very different lives and she still has children at home though they are older.

Ok, Amanda, I added your stats to the rest now I am waiting for the rest of you to pm me your personal info for newbies! Let's get on the stick ladies!

Faye
Old 09-04-2003, 08:17 AM   #52  

Good Thursday Morning Chicklets,

Pts for yesterday: 1 pt for water, and 2 pts for program, 0 for exercise, Sunday is make - up day though I promise. This morning I am doing it!! right after I post here. No excuses!!!

Hope all of you chicks have a healthful day!!! I will catch up with you all tonight when I get home from work. Toodles!!
Old 09-04-2003, 08:57 AM   #53  

Hello All,

I just have to put my two cents in about complements. When I was in college (during the stone age) there was a lady who came to visit our psch class. She had been morbidly obese -something like 450lb. the doctor told her if she didn't lose weight she would die. They put her on all kinds of diets and nothing worked. Eventually they sent her to a shrink and he found out she had been sexually abused as a child. The weight was her way of trying to keep men at a distance. When she came to understand this she started loosing. She weighed about 250 when I met her. I'm not saying that fat people are unattractive although they definitely take a negative image in our media. I am saying I think our minds can work against us. We are all good lovely people who deserve the best out of life! If someone complements you say "thank you" and congradulate yourself on your hard work. Of course, the lady I met was an extreme case.

After I wrote this I sat and looked at it wondering if I should really post it. I am nothing if not opionated. I don't want to offend anyone. Wouldn't mind getting a conversation going though. I know I see some of myself in that lady I met. Sometimes I'm not sure if I want to be noticed especially by men. But Faye is right we have to do what is best for ourselves and let the rest of the world make their own choices..

I'm sorry to hear about your loss Sandy. (you know which one). I've been there and its hard. Take care of yourself. Make that a priority. People will find all sorts of things that you should be doing but its important that you have the health to carry on. You won't be numb from this forever.

Glad to hear everyone else is well

Debbie--Lee
Old 09-04-2003, 10:18 AM   #54  
I Can and I Will

Good Morning Ladies!! Yesterday i drank my h2o, exercised and stayed on program... yeah for me!! LOL Just talking and being on here yesterday helped me immensly so far.... i feel great today!! Its so nice to know theres othere out here who know what i am feeling and going thru... I greatly appreciated all of u!
My biggest hurdle is making sure i get my exercise... i am always busy around the house, but i need to get out and do something... walk or bike or something. That said.... i will come here and post when i am NOT feeling like exercising and u guys can kick my butt ... OK?? I am drinking my h2o and am going ot have a bowl of cereal for breakfast after i am done here. I hope you all have a FAB day. Talk to u later!

Sandyb
Old 09-04-2003, 10:29 AM   #55  

S/C/G: 198/ticker/135

Height: 5'7"

Yesterday was a good day OP. I got 2 for that, 1 for water and 0 for exercise. It was my 'off' day anyway and I sat on my behind all day. lol.

Need to get moving here. Lots to do!
Old 09-04-2003, 11:15 AM   #56  

Good evening eveybody and a Warm Welcome to Sandyb.

I last posted yesterday morning and I feel as though I've been away forever!

First my points, I got all 4 yesterday (wednesday).

Faye, you were right about the pain being a stitch. Yesterday I walked quite slowly and there was no pain.

Hi Sandyb, I'm so glad you decided to join us. I have only been here a couple of weeks myself but I have really come to depend upon the group. The girls are very warm and friendly and Faye is fantastic. She'll help you to stay on track. I was sorry to read about your loss, you must have been devastated to face so much all at once.I hope you are better able to cope with things now. Just don't be too harsh on yourself. 10 lbs. after what you went through is very little.

Am going for my walk, it will be shorter than yesterday as it's quite late.

Will post again later

Ritu

Last edited by ritu; 09-04-2003 at 11:35 AM.
Old 09-04-2003, 11:59 AM   #57  

Way to go girls! You are doing great!

Pam: YOU GET A: for points.

Sandy B:YOU GET A: for points

Ritu: :YOU GET A: for points

Debbie:YOU GET A: for points

Wow this is a great day for everyone. I am so proud of you. FROM ME TO YOU:

http://view.greetings.yahoo.com/gree...?2GNXNXRNDWHUR

I walked a mile and a half in the mall this AM and had a LOW FAT breakfast at Bob Evans and now I am going to sand and paint that mess in the kitchen. Someone broke one of the redwood slats that hold my handle etc on my fence so now my dog can't go outside on the deck until it can be fixed. There is always something to be fixing around here!

I need to get into the pool and get some glider time in today too so I got to get hopping.

I am waiting for personal stats for the following people and thanks to those who have already provided info:

No stats yet:
Sarah
Sandy
Sandy B
Tonya
Belegirl
Shauna
Ritu
Missy (on vacation)
Bella

Faye
Old 09-04-2003, 02:13 PM   #58  

Hello ladies!
Gosh, it's weird posting in the afternoon! We had a blackout here around 6am, so I went shopping all morning and just got home. Had to eat Wendys for lunch (grilled chicken and a salad)and had a cappachino for my morning coffee (loads of sugar, I'm sure)......I just hate getting thrown off schedule.

Anyway, I got all 4 points yesterday.......today's gonna be a struggle. I'm still sooooo tired! I don't know what's wrong. I thought exercise is supposed to give you *more* energy. The only thing I can think of is that the heavy weightlifting is more taxing than I thought and my body is trying to get used to it. I don't mind being sore, but I hate being tired!

Thanks for the cooking tips, everyone....I made it through last night without snacking while cooking. I had to keep my water bottle in my hand the whole time so I wouldn't forget

Sounds like everyone is doing great today! Stay strong

Julie
Old 09-04-2003, 04:09 PM   #59  

Hi! I'm back, my daughter says I'm getting obsessed; if enjoying sharing thoughts with like minded poeple is being obsessed, then I suppose I am.

Faye, I'm sorry I missed your earlier post about sending you my profile. I promise to do so tomorrow. I got 3 points today. I didn't go for my walk finally. Actually my son was at home, he returns to University this month and I'm getting all sentimental. Stupid really, cos he will be back in December for a month.

Amanda, I absolutely agree with you. I have started walking regularly since I joined here, not least because I want my points. Plus seeing how committed everyone is sort of pushes you. Also I was pretty relaxed about my programme. But talking to Faye has helped and now I have started maintaing a diary where I actually note down calories. That's a first for me.

Julie, have you ever tried writing a daily journal, I was always eating a little extra here and a little extra there cos I'm surrounded by food all the time in my house. I used to read about the importance of noting what u eat but I couldn't be bothered. Then after I joined this forum, I felt so motivated by everybody, that I also wanted to put in that extra bit. Now I actually write down everything I eat and their caloric value. I have a small notebook and I use a new page for a new day. It helps in that it has made me conscious of every morsel that I put into my mouth. So the extra snacks have stopped. I am able to stick to 1300 calories. Of course I have to confess that I've only been doing this since Monday!

Pam talking about compliments- I received an unintended one today - my sister in law who has this strange competitiveness asked me if I was dieting. Obviously it's beginning to show. And I loved the feeling.

Lee I haven't forgotten the curry recipe. It's just that I'm not exactly a brilliant cook. I will ask my friend though, she runs a catering business. I am meeting her next week.

Debbie, lucky you to be down to size 9. You seem to have a supportive husband. And he's right, muscle does weigh more than fat.

I can go on forever, but I think I'd better stop before you guys throw me out for garrulousness.

Good night ladies, and sweet dreams.

Ritu:

Last edited by ritu; 09-04-2003 at 05:14 PM.
Old 09-04-2003, 04:32 PM   #60  
2006 - Panda Remix

Hiya

Yesterday (weds) i got 2 points for food, 1 for water and 1 for exercise - I fitted in 30 minutes on the exercise bike even though it was quite late, so yeah me!

Faye:- I loved your card! It was lovely and really cheered me up. Thank you for being such a good motivator!

Hope everyone is well and happy

Amanda xxx
Closed Thread