Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2003, 02:39 PM   #31  

Angry

Hi! It's Tuesday 11.30 p.m. my end.

I seem to be really behind things. First my points, I drank my water, stayed on the programme AND excercised Monday and Today.

Sunday, I only got 2 points as I ate a whole slab of diet chocolate.

Faye, thanks for the tip about the calculator. I'm trying to now also keep track of the calories. BINGEING - I've just gotten off a marathon. Last year I lost 32 lbs. in 4 mths. Stopped dieting in Jan. and have since gained 36 lbs. I agree with everything you say, only problem is that I know the theory, I can't seem to follow it. Hopefully this time...As for snacks, I find it easier to abstain altogether. If I could learn to eat them in moderation half my problems would be over.

Pam, I export pashmina shawls and garments to France. That sounds much fancier than the business actually is. I have a very small unit in the garage and I export to a friend. I have just recently started exporting to the U.K. But my business is very very small. I also think that pashmina is the most over rated commodity.

Lee, I'm glad you think my house is fun - wish I thought so too! Actually it's good for the kids, it's like community living and they grow up very secure.

I went for a long walk today with my son. I am a little worried as I developed a slight pain in the right side of my chest as I was walking - I hope it's not the heart.

Good night

Ritu

Last edited by ritu; 09-02-2003 at 03:37 PM.
Old 09-02-2003, 05:06 PM   #32  
It is what it is...

Default question

Faye - question - I must have done something wrong on that dietician site, where you can get the calories you need in a day to lose weight - well I went there and im put all of my information and it is saying that I could have 2700 calories per day and "90"
grams of fat - doesnt that sound a little high? I marked it for losing 2 pounds per week....maybe it is right but I just thought I would ask you - what did yours say?

Girls - Have a great evening...I am getting ready to leave work here in a little while and try to figure out what is for dinner I guess!!
Old 09-02-2003, 06:15 PM   #33  

Ritu: YOU GET A: for both days! Way to go! As for the pain, if you are not used to walking that much, it may be just a stitch. When I first started walking, I hurt too, but IF it subsides pretty quickly when you stop, it is probably just your body not being used to walking.

Carri: Try doing the process again. I am allowed a top amount of 2480 and 640 fat calories. I just did it again and it came out ok. Are you short, by any chance? If you have a significant amount to lose and you are fairly short, your calorie intake right now would be pretty high I would imagine.

Cubbies won the first game in their double header and it was a really long (5 hour) game so they have another in about an hour. Going to go down and watch it so see you gals in the morning!

Faye
Old 09-02-2003, 06:40 PM   #34  

Hello All,

Faye you are so right about the high calorie snacks! I have also come to realize that we are being manipulated like lab rats when we fall for these things. I have a background in communications and I know advertising. I still have a major fight with them though. Coke-cola is my major downfall..

I spent all day mowing grass and I didn't go off my program. I guess I should get something for this. Who knows what the future brings.

Thanks so much for all the different insights one finds on this site

Debbie-Lee
Old 09-02-2003, 07:24 PM   #35  
2006 - Panda Remix

Hi Girls!

I get 2 points for staying on programme, 1 point for water and 1 for exercise. Yeaah me! I went to the gym yesterday and did 20 mins on the bike, 20 mins on the treadmill and 5 mins on the rower ( that rower is a killer!). I also did all the weights and 80 sit-ups (with an ab-cradle). I felt stomach muscles working that I didn't even know I had! And the good thing is that I don't ache today, (i did last time I went) which shows I am getting fitter - well that's what I'm telling myself anyway!

I am just avoiding snacks at the moment, preferring to eat fruit if I am peckish. When I have lost a bit more weight (I've only lost 5lb so far) I might have the odd snack, but I'm not too bothered at the moment. I don't want to prohibit snacks and treats altogether as this is a lifetime plan, and even skinny people have treats once in a while! The thing that I can't have in the house is cheese, I tried buying a lower fat one instead but ate the whole block in a day - cheese on toast for breakfast, cheese sandwiches for lunch and pasta with loads of grated cheese for dinner! No, I cannot be trusted at the moment so it's best to steer clear of it for the near future! If you ever looked in my fridge or cupboards, you would think I am soooo healthy, but that is because I eat all the unhealthy foods as soon as I get them and they don't last long enough to be put in a cupboard! (but not anymore!)

Lee - thank you for saying I sound nice , you do too!

Faye - hope you feel better soon, you have done so well to keep up some exercise while you are poorly - you get a

Anyway, ta ta

Amanda xx

Last edited by Amanda Panda; 09-02-2003 at 07:30 PM.
Old 09-02-2003, 09:35 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 249/215/165

Height: 5/5

Evening chickies!!!!!!!!!!!!

Was wondering if anyone out there has had this same sort of problem that I am experiencing right now. I have noticed that as of late I am getting lots of compliments and to be honest it kinda scares me. It is almost like if I am fat they wont notice. Don't know why it scares me but it does. Probally the unknown out there. Well was just wondering.

Ritu, I hope that all is alright with ya.

sandy
Old 09-03-2003, 06:47 AM   #37  

Good Afternoon ladies,

I am doing high protein today - just got back from lunch where I had chicken satay (minus the sauce) and vegetables.AND I'M HUNGRY AGAIN. I was trying to keep track of the calories, maybe I need to eat some more.

Faye thanks for the encouragement. You're probably right about the pain -I'll see if it recurs when I go for my walk this evening.

Sandy, enjoy the compliments, you've earned them. But you're right about poeple not noticing one as a woman when one is overweight. It's as though one is nuetered. Maybe, one tends to withdraw into oneself when one is not feeling one's best. I know my confidence has taken quite a beating. It's silly, I know that I have a lot more to offer besides an ideal body, but I still allow my weight to get me down. You're probably unconsciously more open to poeple right now, your body language must be different.

It must be morning at your end, Have a good day everyone, will catch up later.

Ritu
Old 09-03-2003, 07:41 AM   #38  

Good morning everyone (Good Night Ritu),
4 points for yesterday.....

I think I'm still overeating somehow. I eat small, healthy meals throughout the day. But then when it comes to cooking dinner, I get in trouble. I love to cook, and I cook very healthful meals....but lately I've noticed that I pick at the meal throughout the prep time. I actually snack while I'm cooking. What's up with that??! Then I eat a regular dinner, trying hard to control my portion size. Then, for some odd reason, I simply *must* eat while I'm watching tv at night. I'm not hungry, but I feel like if I'm sitting on the couch--then I need to have a snack.

I know I could probably cut out about 500 calories a day if I just could control those two things! Any ideas? I'm thinking that if I work on a knitting or embroidery project while I watch tv, my mind and hands would be distracted. I used to do this all the time, and actually it's about mitten knitting time here in Maine anyway. My friend calls this "hand candy" : )

So, how do I stop snacking while I cook? I mean, I *have* to taste now and then to know if it needs seasonings....

I guess it's a good sign that I can recognize my habits. Just have to control them.

Time to get to school,
Check in later,
Julie
Old 09-03-2003, 08:34 AM   #39  

WEDNESDAY: Today is Wednesday's woes. What is bothering you or irritating you? Get it off your chest!

Debbie L: YOU GET A: for points!
Good for you!

Amanda: YOU GET A: for points. Way to go girl!

Sandy: Overweight women tend to overanalyize why someone gives them compliments. You cannot control how the world reacts to you other than standing up for yourself AND being a voice on how fat people should be treated. Work on feeling comfortable with the new status. It may be difficult, but it will come with time. Put the old you and everything that goes with it behind you and concentrate on the NEW you and enjoy the accolades.

Julie: YOU GET A: for points. YOU MUST learn to leave the snacks in the cabinet and there is no easy way to go about this when you are cooking. I do walk out of the kitchen when I don't have to be watching something all the time to keep me from eating or tasting too much. Try and limit tasting until towards the end and then add more salt pepper or whatever it is you feel it needs.

Talk to you ladies later this AM

Faye
Old 09-03-2003, 08:50 AM   #40  

Good Morning Chickadees,

pts for yesterday: 1 pt for exercise, 1pt for water, and 2 pts for program.

Mirabelly, it is a good idea to have something in your hands to do when you are watching tv...I try to work on my scapbook or something, especially if I have already had my food allowance for the day. As far as tasting while you cook, I use to do that all the time, now I know I cant!!!! I just have to rely on my intuition t and my sense of smell to know when it is ready. What I find myself having the most trouble with now is when I am cleaning up afterwards, I get this overwhelming urge at times to nibble!!! Imagine that, old habits are truly hard to break!!!

Ritu, I agree I think when we feel better we begin to exude confidence, and to some people that makes us more approachable, I feel it really does all come from the inside.....and those compliments, I too think we should take them and say thank you, it is hard for me too, I try to accept them and not qualify them with some kind of response. It is nice to get noticed for your efforts isnt it...So, Sandy, just take them when you can get them!!!!

Amanda, for getting your exercise in, you are getting so keep up the good work.

Lee, so true, we are bombarded with all of those ads!! ugh! it wokrs for them so they keep doing it, they play on our weakness do they not??

Satine, good to see you again, hope you are doing well!!! When I started working with my dietician she told me I needed 2300 calories a day and she would gradually decrease it as I lost weight. I find it challenging to get that much in per day, and I rarely do, but now that I am becoming much more active, I find that I am requiring more!! and water!!! wow, I must have been completely dry, because I am making up for it now!!! the 90 grams of fat does sound like a lot, I try not to go over 65 if I can. Even though there are similarities with us all, I feel that our programs have to be individualized...you will find what is right for you. Your body will tell you what it needs.

Welcome back Honeyrose! good to see you again

Well girlies, gotta run, got 2 more posts to do then it is breakfast time, I am

later chickies
Old 09-03-2003, 10:39 AM   #41  

Pam: YOU GET A: for points!

I DID 5K THIS MORNING! Now I know I will be able to finish the race with no trouble! Yeahhhhhh! There was even a couple steep hills I had to walk and did ok. I was tired, very hot (it is really humid today) and sweaty, but not out of breath or anything. Well I am off to the pool before it pours down rain, but when did that ever stop me....

Faye
Old 09-03-2003, 10:46 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 198/ticker/135

Height: 5'7"

Good morning!

Went for my walk this morning (in the rain) came home and showered.. haha I know.. whats the point? Rain doesnt feel clean!

Got all 4 yesterday. Doing so well at staying OP and my clothes are getting looser and looser. Oddly enough.. my weight isnt going down much. My husband says I am buildling muscle and its heavier than fat.. so what I lose in fat is being replaced by muscle weight - hence no loss when I step on the scale. Very frustrating.. but I am so glad my clothes are loosening up!

I got a pair of white shorts for my birthday at the end of May. Size 9. I couldnt get those things halfway up my thigh the day I got them. I wore them comfortably on my trip last weekend. And they were NOT tight!! I felt so good about it.

Julie.. I used to be a muncher too. I have found that keeping my hands and mind busy help. I quilt.. so lately I have been piecing quilts, making sure to keep a huge glass of ice water near my workstation. Sometimes if the cravings are really bad.. I get out the headset and talk on the phone while quilting and it gets me through it. If all else fails.. snack on air popped popcorn, carrots, celery.. stuff like that. Eating while cooking is another bad one for me so I keep my water handy and take a big drink when I want to grab up the food. Deviled eggs are my worst enemy when I am making them! Of course I want to eat all of the broken ones that do not look pretty. Its so tough not to do it.

Pam.. thanks for the welcome back I see you are still doing great OP and with your points!!

Check in later.. my quilt pieces need pressing!
Old 09-03-2003, 02:22 PM   #43  
I Can and I Will

Default Hello everyone... can i join u? :)

Hello ladies, I havent been on here for quite a while... seems the summer just slipped away and now thtas the kidlets are back to school, i can devote some time to me. This had been an extrememly hard summer for me. My best friends daughter died in July. Then a month later to the day, my brother passed away. He had a heart attack at work. He was 42. I gained 10 lbs... nothing fits anymore... i feel fat and ugly. I tend to be an emotional eater... so i have been doing that a lot lately... even when i know thats what i am doing... i just cant seem to stop it. I am 5' 10" and weigh now 240. I believe this is my all time record... the highest i have ever been. I want and need help to stay and be motivated. I feel preety good today.. I am here and posting... so thats a start. I am drinking my h2o...watching my food intake. I need to exercise more... so when i finish here, i am going to do my pilates work out. I turned 40 in June and am a stay at home mother of 3, ages 10, 7, and 4. I am looking forward to meeting u all and hope that i can help someone else to feel good. I am usually a very optomistic person... so this is very strange and hard for me... Usually i get the blues for a day... then they are gone. I know i am dealing with alot right now... so any suppoet and encouragement will help me immensely. I hope you all have a FABULOUS day! I look forward to being here daily... well, more like 3 or 4 times a day...lol

Sandy
Old 09-03-2003, 02:32 PM   #44  
It is what it is...

Angry Afternoon

Welcome Sandy! I think that post was your first step in a newer, thinner you....you can do it... and we are all here to support you...sorry to hear about your friends daughter and your brother, that would be extremely hard for anyone....

I will tell you a little about myself ( as Faye will ask me too later )
I am 29 year old female, married for almost 10 years, no kids as of yet...got a little doggie named Les....live in Indiana ( p.s. we
are having GREAT weather here today, temp 75 and bright and sunny ) ... I need to lose about 90 more pounds, I have lost about 26 since May-ish....

I had a bad day yesterday, went to Chinese buffet...love the chinese food...wish I knew if any of it is low fat.....gotta have it sometime...but back OP today!!!

Hi to everyone!!!!
Old 09-03-2003, 04:08 PM   #45  

Welcome Sandy! It is great to have you here. Let me speak to your heart for a moment. I know you grieve for your brother, especially since he was taken suddenly with a heart attack. YOU need to understand that you can be in the same place as your brother and he definitely wouldn't want that for you! We are here for you and will help you to get fit and healthy!

**Ladies to differentiate between the two Sandy's gigglez and sandybrat that still post here, refer to sandybrat as SandyB and gigglez as Sandy**

Carri: CHINESE the evil food! I love Chinese food too and it is SOOO high in fat even veggie stuff. Just pick yourself up and get back in the saddle!

Debbie: We missed you! Hope you had a nice time while you were away. YOU GET A: for points! Yeah for you!

the Cubs are getting their butts kicked and I couldn't stand watching it any longer.

I am so excited. I have a BIG surprise planned for dh for Christmas this year if I DON'T TELL HIM! I am horrible about secrets. He desperately wants to go to a Cubs convention sometime and the next one is in January so I am having dd buy his convention ticket for Christmas and I am paying for the rest of the trip (well sort of as I pay the bills. It is HIS paycheck! ) He gets to drag me with him and I know he will just schreek with joy about that!! Actually, we pretty much do everything together so I am looking forward to it too. I plan on having a whole page in our baseball trip scrapbook just for Cubs autographs.

Well, better check on the laundry and make sure the cat isn't undoing my patch job. Yep, he tore it out AGAIN while I was out walking or at the pool. I got ready to sand and paint it and part of the drywall tape was missing and here was a quarter size hole! I guess until I can get it completely dry, sanded and painted, he is going to have to go in his carrier every time I leave the house.

Not to be a NAG, but I don't have one person's personal info that they want to post to newbies yet! Please pm it to me so I can compile it. Otherwise you are going to be repeating it over and over! See Below from a post of 8/29:

Faye
Quote:
**REQUEST: TO KEEP FROM ALWAYS HAVING TO REPEAT YOURSELF REGARDING YOUR PERSONAL INFO AND STATS YOU PROVIDE TO NEWBIES, PLEASE SEND ME A PERSONAL MESSAGE WITH THE INFO YOU WOULD INCLUDE ABOUT YOURSELF TO POST TO NEWBIES. I WILL COMBINE EVERYONE'S INFO/STATS AND EVERYTIME WE HAVE A NEWBIE, WILL POST THE INFORMATION AS A GROUP, OK? WHEN WE HAVE A NEWBIE JOIN, I WILL THEN GET THEIR INFO AND ADD TO THE GROUP.
Closed Thread