Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2003, 07:44 PM   #76  
Quit counting at 45!

Default I'm back!!

I got home last night and is it every good to be back home. I am also enjoying the few days off before going back to work. The wedding and anniversary were really fun. I ate way too much and had too little exercise. Tomorrow it's back to Curves for me.

It sounds like there has been a lot of activity around here this week and a few newbies too. It's nice to see this site hopping like this. We all need all the support we can get and give.

I would love to address each one of you but I don't have a lot of time to be on here so I just want to let you know that I was thinking about you when I was gone and am really glad to be back.

Talk to you again real soon!
Old 09-04-2003, 09:04 PM   #77  

Thank you all for the kind words & prayers for my son-in-law & daughter. It means a lot. It's really scarey. I heard my daughter had her sister go to her house yesterday & help her give the house a good cleaning...."just in case". That's so sad. It's hard for a mother to find a way of comforting their child at a time like this. I also, think of all the families that have already lost a family member.

Hi Wilma, glad you're back...happy had a good time.

Hi Gary, I've been here...you must've miss the posts.

Hello to Mitchypoo...hope all is well.

Hi Amanda...glad you're doing well on your diet....I finally lost that 30th lb this week. Took me forever to drag that one off! Got about 10-15 to go.

SunnyD...you sweet thing...with all the talent! You put me to shame!! I do enjoy all your hard work, though! I've been working on other things, & gotten a little lazy with my graphics.

mrshummer...hang in there.

eisenj.....that's a very good thing your sunday school class is doing. I can tell you, the packages stay very far behind, but they do receive them. Yes, the temperatur is very bad. Somewhere between 130 & 140 degrees. Chris gets one bucket of water every 3 days to take a rag bath & wash his uniform. Then 3 bottle of water a day. I drink more than that a day at my pc. My daughter sends him care packages with candy bars, etc,... If anyone wants to pray for him or send him a card or letter....
SSG Letson, James C.
HHB 2-5 FA
Unit #91492
APO, AE 09320-1492

Sami....hi & thank you for your prayers. The house....well.....more stress! Going very slow. It'll be ok....we'll make it. My nurse called Monday...says the Methotrexate I take on Monday nights has caused a very low white blood cell count....gotta go to the dr Monday.

Hello to everyone else...God bless all of you.
Old 09-04-2003, 09:19 PM   #78  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Wink AGAIN

WILMA- Hey you--glad you had a great time-- and even better you are going back to curves and not "taking any more of a break" -My Hero!! Talk to you later.

SHERRY Sorry to hear you are so sick still. I understand what you mean- you want to get a rest but you know that you feels so bad you may never get up. You have to do your best 'cause your family needs you to be YOU--- do what ever you can to get healthy and leave the rest to God to take care of. Little steps each day are much better than NO steps. Prayers and (((HUGS)))

CHRISTIE Good luck with your and your daughter's weight loss-- you are on the right track getting a hold of it early-- some people just have a problem and others don't-- aint fair! Me, I was always so skinny growing up-- 6 ft. and 155 pounds when I graduated high school-- the guy they would have kicked sand on at the beach if I would have gone!! Too far to drive- 5 miles from my house... today's youth are so much healthier looking-- even my skinny 6 ft. 4 inch son at 175 pounds looks good because he is so toned from weight lifting and working out.

AMANDA- Great job on the bike work-- I can't stress enough the lifestyle change!! Again- I am not offended at your remarks on Iraq! I think we all want peace!! Hope the weather cools down for you-- not with Nigel

SUNNYD As I mentioned earlier I know about drug problems and brothers-- my father was an alcoholic-- fortunately for me he didn't start drinking until I was 18 so it didn't affect my childhood-- I don't have the fondest memories of him though of his later years-- he died at 54 of pancreas cancer. He was always good to me but not the best husband to my mom-- he had girlfriends in his later years, including my mothers' brother's wife. My brothers both got involved with drugs early in life-- the cocaine, crystal thing-- I never touched them. Anyhow without all the details- I am the oldest, the next brother cleaned up after he lost everything and 2 wives thru the Salvation Army, my youngest brother went thru it too but just was never able to totally kick it even though he was much better. He died a few years ago from a heart attack attributed to excessive drug abuse from years before-- hence care of my nephew, his mom the same problems plus she is a fruit loop. Prayers for your brother and family.
My garage is done, thanks for asking- I now have 30 extra square feet of storage for my son's stuff!! What a gift I will be able to give his future wife!!!

[B]MICHELE--Great attitude! Vikings are one of my favorites behind-- way behind MY RAIDERS!!!! My Pastor is a die-hard Vikings fan born and raised in minnesota.[/BHave fun at the Mall- my kids love it there- my ex wife is from Minnesota too.

Wife just called for dinner- Gary
Old 09-04-2003, 09:54 PM   #79  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Talking Welcome home, Wilma!

HELLO WILMA! Welcome home! So glad to hear you had a nice vacation, but it always feels good to come home again --- doesn't it? Do you have any pets? Bet they missed you if you do...

Speaking of Curves... I am still waiting for the new place to open here. I called them this afternoon, but still no answer. I reallly am interested in joining. I did take a "look-see" this afternoon on the web-site and am looking forward to trying something new and meeting some new people. Hope they are open by Monday (Sept 8th) sure would like to begin soon.

Well, I will say a good-night to you...
It's nice to have you back

And a very 'good-night' to all my new dear friends... I will catch you in the morning. Don't forget to say your prayers...

Last edited by SunnyD57; 09-04-2003 at 10:06 PM.
Old 09-05-2003, 06:47 AM   #80  

Hi friends

You asked what my friends sons name is, it is Nathan and his mom is Dona. Please prey that God will heal his drug addiction.
I did drugs as a kid experimented with pot ,cocaine, mushrooms etc. When I married my husband he had to get tested for drugs regularly. We stayed clear of any parties and did not eat any things with poppy seeds. He had high security clearance at his job.The FBI came around the neighborhood to question your neighbors about your activities so you need to be sweeky clean.When we got saved we decided not to drink or allow people to smoke in our home. My mom died from smoking and we wanted our kids to have nice pink lungs. Now that my kids are teens and they face peer presure I pray they make good chooses.I know that Christ drank wine and it is ok to drink, but I do not want to be the person that encourages someone to go off the wagon. Also in order to be a good witness I want to be clean.
I'll get off my soap box now

Be back once the kids go to school.

~It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop~ God bless
Old 09-05-2003, 08:08 AM   #81  

Angry TGIF...

ANGEL-LOVER ~ Good Morning Charolette! How are you feeling today? It is so nice to see you are posting again. I hope you feel up to yourself again real soon!

I am so happy that you posted your DSIL's (Dear-Son-In-Law) address! I will send him a card or two... please, let your daughter know that we are lifting her up in prayer, okay. It must be so very hard. How many children do they have? How old are they? I just couldn't imagine... I worry about Joe being on the road (especially in winter) never mind being "in a war!" You are "all" in my prayers!

CONGRATS to you on your weight loss!! As you get closer to your goal - it will come off slower, but you know to just hang in there... it will come off. That's what I keep telling myself --- each and everyday! I have lost a bit more since I joined on... I am now at a 11lb total weight loss as of today I just cannot wait to see the 190's again (I am using 10lb mini goals).

How's the other web-site coming along? Have you gotten it all straightened out yet? I know how frustrating it can be. You asked me about having my own web-site... what you are going through is why I don't. I have thought about it! Right now... I am content to have this place to share & encourage --- maybe in the future. When it is fixed I would like to see the web-site, if it's okay.

Have a good day, Angel!! (((Hugs)))

GARY ~ How very sad! You too have been through much!! I am so very sorry for the loss of your brother and so young!! God will bless you in so many ways for stepping up and caring for your nephew, Ron.

I am afraid that mine is well on the path of destruction as well... he has totally left the family now - no one knows where he is, no address, no phone... ... He has three girls from two different girlfriends. Two of his girls & the mom stay in touch with my whole family - they are so sweet. This way we can be there for she and the girls. The whole situation is just so frustrating and sad. All I can do is PRAY for him --- and to me that is pretty powerful all by itself, but with your added prayers just think of the power!! I will never give up hope! The last time I saw him (many years ago) he hugged me so tight and wouldn't let go! And just sobbed!! My heart just aches for him, I love him deeply.

Thank-you Gary for allowing me to vent and for your prayers! And for the care of your DN. You are right... "Life is very short & very Precious!"

On the bright-side... so glad to hear you got your garage project finished. Always feels so good when you finish, doesn't it. Have fun watching your football! I watch some... but the Cleveland Browns aren't much to watch these days I know... some fan I am. I have hope that they will do better one day. I do enjoy the Cleveland Indian's (baseball) and keep a close eye on them

Have a great day, Gary!

Today... I will finish Fall-cleaning our home (had to do paperwork yesterday, so I didn't finish) and finish making the cards for some family & friends. We have a birthday party to go to tonight for our nieces daughter - she'll be 6! She is so precious! Don't you just love birthday parties! Then on Saturday, Joe & I are going to a Festival for most of the day where there are over 500 crafters, performing their crafts, all set up in the hillsides and through trees - it is just so much fun (!) and the weather is going to be Fall-perfect!!!! Cool & Clear, yeah!

Hope that you all have a perfect day into the weekend too!!

Last edited by SunnyD57; 09-05-2003 at 09:11 AM.
Old 09-05-2003, 08:33 AM   #82  

Wink Hello Judy...

GOOD MORNING, JUDY ~ I am sorry I missed you there...

Thank-you for their names , it just helps me to personalize my prayers. Is her name Donna with one 'n'? That is different if it is... my name is 'Donna' (SunnyD) with both n's. But I have enjoyed being called Sunny or SunnyD - it is so cheerful

Drugs are just so wicked, aren't they!? That is a place I never went or had an interest in, never smoked either. Just ate! That's where I found my comfort and still struggle with to this day. An on-going battle I'm afraid. I cannot wait to be in heaven where we will have perfect bodies and live good, productive, happy lives with awesome gardens to enjoy... sounds so good doesn't it But addictions are addictions... and they are all painful places to be. That's why it is so important for us all to uplift and support one another in the Lord! It gives us the "strength & courage" to do it and know we are not alone. Don't you think so too? I have been doing so much better since I have joined this thread & had the support of all my new friends here! I hope that you will feel the same. I will keep your children & you in prayer. And BIG "pat-on-the-back" for staying clean & drug free and being good examples for your children.

Do you feel any better today, Judy? What did you decide to make for dinner? My Joe didn't get home till 8:30 last night after leaving the house at 7am... so I just made scrambled eggs for dinner last night--- boring, I am afraid. Tonight I am making us a nice big salad with leftover steak sliced on top along with some red peppers, red onion, toasted almonds and shredded cheese. I am so glad that Joe likes salad's too... often times he ask's for them.

Well, I hope you have a great day today, whatever you decide to do!
God Bless!!

Last edited by SunnyD57; 09-05-2003 at 09:28 AM.
Old 09-05-2003, 10:48 AM   #83  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Hello all

Sunny~Your real name is beautiful, but you are Sunny to me now! You didn't say anything but I noticed in your signature that you have lost 2 lbs. since 8/31! Woo hoo! Your salad sounds really good, i'll be over at 6:30! (I invite myself to you and Gary's house it seems)

At work at the insurance company today. Must go for now!
Old 09-05-2003, 10:48 AM   #84  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Thumbs down TGIF

HI LADIES

I hope you all end the week well! Just finished putting all the stuff in the crock-pot for scalloped potatoes, never had it this way before but the recipe looked easy-- it was. I will see tonight if it is fit to eat! It was my turn to cook, Angie made chicken picata last night and made a dish with fettuchine, basil,tomatoe,onion,garlic and bacon (turkey) and olive oil on Wednesday-- we really love that one!
Just hanging around to take the nephew to school-- we are getting new rain gutters today-- for the first time in the 24 years I have lived here! Doesn't rain that much here to worry, but last year we got a new roof, asphalt, and the water just pours off it. I had a shake one before and the water would kinda stay up there. Just had 150 foot run of fence put in last week-- boy that wasn't cheap! I put the first one up 24 years ago for $1,400 this time it was $1,800 for the one side (about 1 third of the fence I have)-- oh well, every thing has gone up in 24 years--BUT WAGES I should have put it up myself with my brother-- but the wife wanted it to be FINISHED Not saying I don't finish things, it's just, well sometimes I think I will have a few days off and start something then the next thing you know someone calls for a job and I am tied up for a few weeks/months. she didn't want half a fence for the winter

ANGEL-LOVER Hey! I have seen you there I posted to you. You and your daughter-SIL are still in my prayers. Great job on#30!!Keeping busy I see with your projects.

SUNNYD The Indians Girl if it isn't the Dodgers it isn't baseball!! I am going to be working on one of the Browns players homes in a month or two-- Griffith-- he has a house near my area and a builder I do drywall for is the builder. I don't know much about him other than I think he played for the Vikings before and was a pro-bowler a time or two, a DB I believe. I never had any interest in drugs- always scared me really-- I did drink however beer most days of the week between 24 and 30-- some days a little much I quit for 18 years-- I started drinking beer again about a year ago- one or two most nights-- better watch it! My wife blames my extra 5 pounds in the last year on that-- NAH, couldn't be

Well taking the nephew to school-- Gary
Old 09-05-2003, 10:51 AM   #85  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

MICHELE!!! WE POST AT THE SAME TIME AGAIN!!! YOU ARE WELCOME FOR DINNER ANYTIME!!

ALSO SUNNYD-I HAVE A NIECE-SUNSHINE-(SUNNI) AND HER SISTER SUMMER DAWN
Old 09-05-2003, 10:54 AM   #86  

Hi I'm back

~SunnyD~ My friends name is spelled with one (n).

When my mom died due to her smoking I was vary angry . God told me to stop and look at myself and stop judging her. I am slowly killing myself with food . It is a legal way of commiting suicide. I don't want my kids to be angry with me for my abuses. My addition to food is a tough road, because you can't go cold turkey. You need food to survive. Also our bodies are the temple of the Holy Spirit ,and I should not be trashing it. I love the Lord and want to honor him by my body. He did not create this form I live in to be abused. Therefore I will with his love and guidence mold it to the vessel he wants me to be.

Last night we had pancakes and sausage for dinner. I need to do more crock pot dishes and cook more on the weekend to make healthy meals that are quick to prepare. It is not healthy for them to eat fast food. My daughter left her lunch on the kitchen table this morning. Guess what was in it? Two cookees, a granola bar,and favored water. Where have I gone wrong!

~EZmoney~ Thank you for the cooking ideas. Your brother would be so proud of you taking care of his son. You sound like a man of character. He needs a christan man to be his mentor. I know it won't be easy.

~Willma 12 ~ I am a curves member too. I got my membership in January. I think I have used it 10 times. I keep making excuses not to go. I hate to exercise and thats part of the problem.

~Christie~ My daughter Laura had a weight problem too. The doctor told me to get her into soccer or swimming. She picked soccer for a while, because she liked the outfit and playing with the boys. The coach put here in defence so she wasn't running up and down the field alot. She dropped out of soccer and joined dance. She loves the costumes and they work out hard. Last night they said they were thinking of dancing nationally in Los Vegas or Orlando. My shy young lady gets up stage in front of hundreds of people to perform. What a difference a few years makes.

I would love to write to everyone ,but it takes forever for me to type, so please forgive me. Have a blessed day

~ nobody can make you feel inferior without your permission~
p.s. I collect quotes so I'll share them with you if thats ok!
Old 09-05-2003, 11:14 AM   #87  

Angry Hi!

MICHELE ~ Sure!!! Come on over! You are more then welcome!

I thank-you for the compliment on my name - I like it too, it's just nice to have a nickname... never had one before (well, other then Joe's for me --- "peaches").

Also thanx for noticing my wt. - yes, I have lost some more and in hopes to lose another 10 within this month I am going to give 'Curves' another phone call this morning ~ in hopes they will be open soon!

Have a great day at work! (((Hugs)))

Last edited by SunnyD57; 09-05-2003 at 11:24 AM.
Old 09-05-2003, 12:17 PM   #88  

Talking Hi Wilma...

HI WILMA! I DID IT! I have made an appointment for "CURVES" for Mon- the 15th of Sept. ~ that's their first day open! I am so excited!!!! It has been a long time since I have gone outside my home to exercise (since I left Jazzercise 9 yrs ago!). The owner sounds so sweet and she even mentioned that she may want me to work for her... we spoke for about 20 min. I thanked her for the consideration, but told her that I really wanted to concentrate on getting myself taken care of this time. When I worked for Jazzercise I lived there, but worked so much for them I rarely got to get in a full workout for ME! I am so excited... especially since you are a "Curves" woman too, I will have someone to relate to. Thanks again, Wilma, for the encouragement to call them. I have always liked working with machines too.

You have a good day and an even better weekend!

Oh... while I was writing to Wilma... I got a phone call, little Sierra (the birthday party for tonight) is ill with strep-throat ! Party cancelled... poor baby. Later...

God can't allow His people to be ashamed.

And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the Lord your God, that hath delt wonderously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Last edited by SunnyD57; 09-07-2003 at 09:02 AM.
Old 09-05-2003, 04:28 PM   #89  
Quit counting at 45!

Sunny: I'm so glad you've joined Curves. I love it. I've already lost 1 1/2 inches off my waist and have only lost 2.5 lbs. It's all about building muscle. The weight will come off!!

I just came back from a workout. You can go whenever it's convenient for you. The one I go to has really good hours but I do wish they would open a bit earlier in the morning so I had more time before I go to work. I really did miss it. It's such an easy workout and it works.

Well, gotta go make supper. MY DS's are going out tonight and need to have supper early. I'm so glad that they'll be on a regular schedule and we can have meals together. Please pray that they find a car pool situation. They can take public transit and it's an hour each way so they do have that option but a car pool situation would be better.

Have a great day!
Old 09-05-2003, 05:24 PM   #90  
2006 - Panda Remix

Hi encouragers!,

I am sitting here enjoying a glass of white wine after enjoying a gorgeous meal cooked by Nigel to celebrate our anniversary. Nigel is an excellent cook and made fresh pasta with a napolitina, red wine, chestnut mushroom and fresh parmesan sauce, with reduced fat garlic bread. Yum! The meal wasn't exactly low fat, but I had planned for it so everything was within my control!

Sorry to hear everyones stories and experiences with drugs - I know that God can heal people from drug use and I will pray for everyone involved in them.

Well done to Angel-Lover and Sunny D on your weight losses so far - hope to be joining you soon! It is my weigh day tomorrow so I will let you know (trust me to eat a big high fat meal the night before weigh day!)

SAMI- I am so sorry to hear about your church and school - I know that despite this and all the other problems you face, YOU WILL NOT BE DEFEATED!

You are all in my prayers

Amanda xx
Closed Thread