Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2003, 10:47 AM   #16  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Hello CE'ers!

Gary~Now dear.......who has to make an appointment to go to the Dr's? You are losing your sight and your mind.....too beautiful, ha! And you and I have something in common. I too am 0- blood and they always want mine. I try to give but my veins are not so great anymore and the chicken ones won't even try to find a vein. But i keep trying

Well, he's on his way from Iowa, there's no changing my mind now! He called me at work this a.m. to let me know he was getting a little bit later start. He called me last night but I have been sick and I missed his call. I left work at 3:30 yesterday and ran an errand, came home put on my jammies and went to bed. I woke up around 9:45 but then went back to sleep. I do feel better this a.m. but still feel a little fluey(i know that isn't a word, but you know what I mean) Gosh, i need to calm down and just enjoy this time with him. Think I have to pray about it.

Sherry~Oh, I'm so happy to hear from you and i'm so sorry you were ill. You'll be in my prayers, dear.

Hello to all.......sorry, i'm bad about individual posts.

Have to get working...
Old 08-30-2003, 06:24 PM   #17  
2006 - Panda Remix

Hi everyone!

I am not doing so good at the moment. I don't feel like myself - I feel very run down and low and just want to stay in bed all the time.

I've been having all sorts of food cravings (for the first time in 4 weeks) and for the past 2 nights I've had a takeaway pizza. I was in the supermarket today and the pringles and quiche and cheese were all calling out to me, but I didn't get any so it could be worse.

I think I've got a bug or something, I feel quite nauseous all the time and am sooooo tired. I got up today and went into town to go to the gym, but once I got there I just couldn't face it..... no energy, felt sick and dizzy.

I'm trying not to feel guilty about this 'blip'(guilt is something I really struggle with) and am telling myself it's just because I'm feeling a bit ill. It's just knocked me for six because I was doing so well and feeling really good about myself and I don't really know whats happened to change everything .

I am going to take it easy tomorrow , I've just got 5 books from the library so I'm looking forward to reading them. I've just got to stop putting pressure on myself to be 'perfect' all the time (another problem I'm afraid).

Sorry to go on

Blessings to you all

Amanda xx
Old 08-30-2003, 09:33 PM   #18  
Faith in Him

Height: 5' 9"

Default Hey everyone!

Whew! Y'all can so write on and on and on I like that, but it gets busy!

I hope you are all doing well. I've been remembering everyone in prayer, especially those who have illnesses on top of their weight loss struggles like myself.

Amanda - Welcome! I haven't had a chance to give you a shout from Texas! I will be 30 in Nov, and feel as you do, especially the last month - wanting to stay in bed, read, watch tv, and eat...I don't like when I get depressed like this. I have added you to my prayer list. Oh and I can't wait to talk with you more about England and Ireland (LOVE IT!!! Dream destination to get to someday!)

Well I finaly received my tapes from healthmasters.com by Dr. Ted Broer. I've started reading and listening to the material. Mostly it is eating as God created us to eat - Biblical and Koscher as well. The statistics and research on why mankind is so sick with cancer, ibs and other colon related diseases, and just illness in general - having major connections on what we have been eating for ....well since birth! Very interesting information. I'm excited about starting these changes...been trying to get used to the water though - for me that is the first step. He recommends, and I have ready many times else where to drink half your body weight in water....so 100lbs you'd drink 50 ounces of water a day. I should be drinking like 1 gallon and 1 quart.....my eyes are swimming already with a clear path to the restroom! But I've done it before and I already have my mug that is a quart, it's easier for me to keep track, I know I must drink 5 of those mugs full. It's hard to let go of the cokes though....and sugar, but I know it is what is best for me and I'm tired of being sick.

I pray that you all are encouraged this week by each other and those who celebrate the holiday Monday that you enjoy the time with family and friends.

Love in Christ -
Old 08-30-2003, 10:17 PM   #19  
2006 - Panda Remix

Thanks for the kind words Daise, it will be a pleasure to get to know you.

Amanda xx
Old 08-30-2003, 11:19 PM   #20  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Amanda~I'm sorry you aren't feeling so well right now but I want to tell you that you are not alone. I too sometimes get like that. When I sleep a lot and want to just hibernate in the house, i know i'm not myself. But I would suggest you just be kind to yourself and things will be better. I try to find comfort in the Word too. You can go to any of the online bibles (my favorite is unboundbible.com and then do a search on a word, like comfort, or worry, or whatever and hopefully you'll find what you need there. I usually do. You'll be in my prayers too.

Well, he wasn't exactly a toad, but I don't think Doug is my type, nor me his. We went to shopping, went to dinner and drove around for awhile. We're suppose to go to church tomorrow which will be fine, but i'm rather disappointed. Again.... I give up. He's gonna have to just come and knock on my door and find me, i'm tired of this.......
Old 08-30-2003, 11:20 PM   #21  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Thumbs down SATURDAY NIGHT

HI LADIES-

I have a few moments during halftime of the football games I am watching. My favorite college team USC just whipped AUburn so I am pretty happy

I had a pretty easy day today- had chores planned but only tackled a few of them. I did work out on the elliptycal though for 45 minutes. My daughter came up from school to visit for a couple of hours before she went to work. She is working this holiday week-end at the resort she was at this summer, they have her on call-- if she is free and they need her she works, if she isn't free no problem. Says all the roommates are getting along well except the only one they didn't pick (she took the place of one they did pick but quit school in the summer)- they really like the other girl but she is a slob-- not much fun in a small condo! I am sure they will work it out or beat her up.

The wife and step-d are out of town til Monday, daughter and son working, and the nephew is with his mom for a couple of days so it is quiet here. Liking it!!

SUNNY I forgot to reply on your childhood- I am so sorry. One thing I have always done is uplift my kids and be there at their events-- I know that isn't always possible in the military. I am in construction so I had a lot of options, I could go in early, work late or week-ends to make up for lost time if needed. My kids played year round sports and I never missed a thing-- I was truly blessed. I won so many Father/Parent of the year awards just for being around-- the kids used to always call me snack-daddy because I brought treats a lot of times-- even still today to their colleges.
I cook often at home-- the regulars know the story-- several years back my son and I were lounging in the living roomwhen the wife came through the door after a very rough day-- anyway we ask "what's for dinner" in the wrong tone of voice she replied "whatever you are making, in fact from now on you are cooking 1 day a week to help me out!" I started out making things I knew, then started buying cookbooks, then the internet. In fact that is how I ended up here on 3FC-- looking up a recipie- anyhow I began to enjoy it so I was cooking 2 then 3 days a week. Now we each plan 2 or 3 meals a week to cook-- if I get home first then I usually get it going on her days to cook too. We each do the cooking and the laundry-- whoever is here to do it does it. My wife makes healthy stuff- I lean more towards casseroles and crappy food

SAMI Sorry about all that trouble at work-- you deserve a big raise and time off!! My daughter has started taking a new drug for her IBS- it is levsin, she said she will let me know how it treats her. How are the wedding plans going over the holiday-- it is coming soon!

MICHELE I hope your world is rockin' right now If he is the right guy for you!!If he isn't you can use this old joke I remember-- know what Iowa stands for? Idiots out there wandering around was at a comedy club once with a friend and the comediene asked her where she was from, you guessed it Iowa.

PANDA Hey dear don't worry-- you are working towards a lifestlye change! Don't beat yourself up. Just do the best you can when you can-- if you feel a little better then go walk a little until you feel up to the gym again. You don't have to do it all at once- just keep moving forward!! A little at a time-- for every mile you go walk- no matter how slow-- is one mile you didn't sit and snack and feel bad about yourself. Prayers

DAISE Good luck with the new workout tapes and diet-- sounds like a great program-- keep us informed!

Well doitforme, Wilma, Zoe, Sherry, Amy and the rest-- hope all is well...

Out for tonight-- go to church tomorrow--

IN HIS LOVE- Gary
Old 08-30-2003, 11:24 PM   #22  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

We post together again Michele my dear one--- so sorry it isn't looking good! but don't give up! I felt the same way, almost did- then I met my wife. God can help us move mountains but we have to bring the shovel-- bring two if you need!! Read that today in either my Guideposts or Decision mag-- like it. Love Ya
Old 08-31-2003, 08:36 AM   #23  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Thumbs down A GOOD SUNDAY SUNNY MORNING TO YA!

It's just me...

Sending a brief greeting to you all!
I hope that today -A NEW DAY - brings
A New Joy into your lives and opens New Doors...

Go to church and let God bring a
Newness into your thoughts, actions and your lives today...

Be kind to yourself & you will be kind to others.
With Love & God's Blessings!
Old 08-31-2003, 05:26 PM   #24  
2006 - Panda Remix

Angry Thanks you guys.......

Thank you all so much for your kind words and prayers, I feel a lot better today. I think just sharing how I was feeling helped, as did a good nights sleep.

GARY - you are right, this is a long term lifestyle change for me. My problem is that I put a lot of pressure on myself and then beat myself up when I'm not perfect. That can lead to depression, but I think I've nipped it in the bud this time, which is good!

Michele - thank you so much for your kind words. Sorry your date didn't turn out to be 'the one' - I am praying that God brings your life partner to you soon.

Daise - thank you for being so kind, I look forward to getting to know you better.

Sunny D - you are a star!

I'm back on programme today and might go to the gym tomorrow, I'll see how I am doing.

Thank you all so much, you have all helped me to feel alot better.

God bless you guys!

Amanda xx
Old 08-31-2003, 09:39 PM   #25  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Thumbs down SUNDAY

HI EVERYONE

Well I made up for my easy day yesterday today. I had to re-organize my garage-- I can sometimes get a big pile of materials for my jobs looking pretty messy in the garage. I have so many things that I need from time to time but not every day-- I try to keep them in their place, however, when I am jamming home- emptying out truck and taking off to another job, tennis, etc--- well, you get the idea! So today was the day to clean-up. I also decided to open up a wall in my garage- I now have an opening that goes under one of the floors of my house-- this gives me a 7' by 4' area to store stuff (my son's crates of collectible sports stuff!) the only problem is that it is only 4' high-- a nice crawl space nonetheless. Tomorrow I will hang the drywall on it. I had to remove a bunch of shelving to get to it that I need to fix too. That is why they call it Labor Day right?

Just finished making cheese enchiladas for dinner for my son and I- Not sure if my daughter will make it for dinner or if it will be with that "BOYFRIEND" again-- just don't get it- she can see him at school right? is it my fault he only lives a mile from me and came up to see his family too? Does he have to have dinner with MY DAUGHTER? can't he eat with HIS family?

MICHELE- Hope today went better for you! At least I hope it was comfortable-- that was a long trip for him, must be dissapointing for him too. Prayers.

SUNNYD Thanks for the greeting today-- I didn't go to church though- 40 lashes with a wet noodle deserved!! I had no excuse- got up in plenty of time and planned on it, just decided at the last minute that it would be that much later before I started on my room--- felt a little guilty all day

AMANDA That's the attitude!! Every day is a new chance to start over! You are well on your way to a better life!!

WILMA- hope the vacation is going great!-- SAMI- how are those kids? helping you with wedding projects? Sherry- hope all is well, doitformeSue- campin', campin'! Zoe--HELLO!!! DAISE, AMY,JOANNE and anyone this old man forgot- hope to hear from you soon!!

Well have to put the enchiladas in the oven-

IN CHRIST-Gary
Old 08-31-2003, 11:28 PM   #26  

Hello I pray things are going well today. I have to make this fast because I need to go to bed I have to work on LABOR day and we know I have Labored a lot. LOL!
My kids all had friends over for dinner so it was a big event. And two of the girls have friends spending the night. I got more wedding things done today. I am taking the four days before the wedding off and it will be nice because the kids will be in school.

EZ-Today the sermon at church really hit home. It talked about how our live are not going to be easy when we choose to follow God. What it came down to was when we are doing Gods will it doesn't mean are lives become GREAT! We still have tough times to keep us close to God. I thought of you. If you only did what you wanted and not what you felt God wanted you may not of taken you nephew. But God will bless you for doing his will.

Amanda-I pray you are feeling better. There is something going around but it does seem to pass quick. I pray that you are able to move and make a fresh start.

Daise-I hope the tapes help. What does it say about the IBS? How is your boyfriends Mother?

SunnyD-When I have a tough IBS it seems to take a couple days to feel better. I just eat very light and drink a lot water (and coke diet of course) I hope that you are better today.

Mitchypoo-I was really praying that this would be it. I know the right one is out there. And in God's time you will meet him. I tell my son just do what you like doing and if you meet someone you will have something in common already! (Of course if all he is going to do is watch tv he will never meet anyone! LOL)

Sherry- How is things going is your swelling down? You take care of yourself!

I want to ask for prayer for a friend of mine from church he has just found out he has cancer. He will go through some surgery wensday. And I just found out my step father in law has cancer. Pray that the Lord will heal them if it is his will.

In his name.
Old 09-01-2003, 01:04 AM   #27  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Hello CEers,

Well, I gave it a go, but today got ONLY worse! First he calls me 15 minutes before he was suppose to be at my house to tell me he was still at the hotel for some lame reason, so we decide to meet at church, so we do and we go in, sit down, start the P&W music, he excuses himself and tells me he'll be right back (I assume to go to the restroom) and then he never returns...... For the whole service I sat there alone. And then I meet up with him and i ask what happened and he says he didn't want to interrupt the sermon... I was just flabbergasted! He doesn't like women pastors, and guess who was pastoring? But he didn't know that until he came back from the restroom, so I'm not sure if that was it. I told him I thought it was very rude. He never apologized or seemed to get it. I just said, Look, I'm sorry but this is not working out and the fact that you don't think what you did is rude, says a lot. So we parted ways. I went to the State Fair with a friend and had a great time........I won't even tell you what all I had to eat! It was very naughty!

I've decided Mr.Right is gonna HAVE to knock on my door, cuz I'm tired of this....

It's late, i'll catch up with you all individually later.
Old 09-01-2003, 09:59 AM   #28  
2006 - Panda Remix

Hello C.E's

Still feeling on top of things today, although I'm still debating whether to go to the gym - if not, I'll go on my exercise bike.

Michele - I am sorry your 'date' went from bad to worse..... it sounds like very odd behaviour and very disrespectful. God obviously didn't waste any time in showing you that he is not the right man for you. When I met Nigel, it didn't work out at first but God kept us together and we stayed very close friends for the next 3 years - during that friendship we grew to love and respect eachother so much that we gradually fell in love with eachother and we are now a very happy and solid couple. I certainly wasn't expecting that to happen, but I am so glad it did!. I suppose what I am saying is God moves in mysterious ways and you never know what is around the corner in Gods plan for you.

Have a lovely day everyone

Amanda xx
Old 09-01-2003, 10:44 AM   #29  

Default newbie that is christian and 100lbs to loss

Hi I'm 46 and need some support. I need to lose about 100lbs. I am a Christian wife and mother of two teens. We live in SC. I just found out I have sleep apnea which is partly do to my weight. I have been on all kinds of weight programs. This time around I'm developing my own program. Something I can live with for a life time. With Gods help and your love I know I can do it.
Old 09-01-2003, 11:40 AM   #30  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Thumbs down LABOR DAY

HI LADIES

Well before I get to laboring I thought I would check in with everyone. I see we have a new one-- cool-WELCOME! EISENJ
The nephew made it back safe and sound and ON TIME!! for a change, that is a good start for his mom but I doubt that will last. It may get better though as this time I am the one that sets the rules- not the social services or his mom.
My DD made it for dinner -- I knew she would pass on a date with her boyfriend for some of my enchiladas - he was probably busy-- I didn't ask, didn't care The nphew, son, daughter and myself all played scrabble after dinner-- sure wish I could compete

MICHELE Sorry this one wasn't the one or at least it isn't looking like it-- don't give up-- but if you want them to start knocking on your door-- make sure you give them the address and a map Glad you turned the day into a good one anyway-- forget about the fair food-- it doesn't count since it only comes once a year

SAMI Nice sermon at your church! Wow- all those kids for dinner, must have been way cool! I am so glad you are getting some days off before the wedding to finish the details- have you decided on the dress (color) yet? I am sure either of the 3 will be fine! Prayers for your church friend and s-fil.

AMANDA I hope you feel better as the day goes on-- that is a great idea to work on the bike if the gym is out of the question for the day.

EISENJ Another welcome-- you are at the right place for support. A lifestyle change is the right idea-- how old are the teens? My friend has sleep apnea- he found out while they were doing a test on his mil at his house-- he went to sleep while they were testing her and the expert noticed-- funny thing the mil didn't have it! Ever since he has been on the machine to help him breath he has slept much better and feels alot better too.

Well off to the garage for the rest of the day--

IN HIS CARE- Gary
Closed Thread