Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-25-2016, 08:11 AM   #361  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night I added on: Tamilee Webb's Total Body Stretch (sitting)
This Morning: Oxycise in the Office 2

Calories for yesterday: Unknown
Weigh In: NWI since I didn't, miraculously, feel skinny this morning

CoolMom Yay for your DH doing the cooking.

Scotsgal Congrats on the new low!

Have a great day!
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 09:56 AM   #362  

Good Morning

Thank-you Everyone for the lovely Thanksgiving wishes! I hope everyone thoroughly enjoyed the day, even if you live in a country where it is not a holiday!
It strikes me as funny this morning how much time I spent yesterday thinking about my diet on a day that celebrates food abundance. I sure did my part to celebrate abundance Congrats to all who lost, or stuck to their goal for the day. And to the rest of us, here's to restarting or resuming!

Diana That's HUGE if you can say you are using more moderation on the special days! I don't even think I will weigh for awhile even if I do wake up feeling skinny!

Zoniegirl TY for the book rec--I'm pretty sure I would like it if you did--we have a lot in common!

I'm feeling deliciously lazy today....it's overcast & I am still getting over the tail end of a cold. Going into the hard core holiday season, with days getting shorter, I am wondering the best strategy for maintaining, possibly losing. Without it leading to a self-sabotaging bingefest. I lost 95 lbs a few yrs ago, and a fair amount has crept back on. The lowest weight was too low, but I am drifting upward. I feel my big diet left me with a tendency to binge. Also, a lot of people around me tell how great it is that I've "kept my weight off". I'm not sure if it's enabling some denial on my part, or keeping me from making even worse food choices.

Going into the next few weeks.....I do not have to stuff myself or partake of every treat that comes into my line of sight. "If it's to be it's up to me."

Last edited by Sundove; 11-25-2016 at 09:59 AM.
Sundove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 10:05 AM   #363  

S/C/G: 175/175/150

Height: 5'8'

Default New to This

Hi guys! So I am a college student and I managed to lose a lot of weight during the summer but gained all of it right back within the first 3 months of school. My goal is to get to 150 and be as fit and strong as possible, and I am currently 175 right now. Just in need of support and people to be accountable to I tend to over eat and yesterday ( Thanksgiving) I managed not to. Partly because my brother told me to eat in moderation cuz I usually call him when I feel down. Debating if I want to go do a run today, like now. Idk. I
RuvaC15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 10:32 AM   #364  
Stay Focused & Committed

S/C/G: 237/205/184

Height: 5" 5.5

Good morning everyone,

A quick check in for me.

All is going well with me. My weight was the same this morning and I'm happy with that.

Today's Log

B: 1/2 Turkey sandwich, tea
L: 1/2 chicken breast, yellow squash, asparagas, sweet potato casserole
D: Turkey, greens, 1 Great Value ice cream cup
S:
Exercise Walk or Firm DVD
GettinFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 01:21 PM   #365  
California licensed CPA!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'8

morning ladies!!!

i did okay yesterday, but I did eat more than usual! I didn't eat breakfast and just had my tea...
B - slimming detox tea
L - turkey breast, small amount of mashed potatoes, stuffing, green bean casserole, tiny slice of ham, small slice pumpkin pie covered in whip cream!
D - few bites of leftovers, small slice of deli sammich from Friday
ANOTHER small slice of pie and 2 mini bottles of wine, one shot of vodka

LOL I'm not weighing again until tomorrow (I think!) but my stomach was relatively flat this morning - not bad considering what I consumed yesterday!

I hope you all had a blessed Thanksgiving!!! we are going to ride our bikes today it's going to be 76 degrees and sunny...perfect! tomorrow and Sunday we are supposed to get rain. Back later!

Last edited by Syckgirlsfv; 11-25-2016 at 01:21 PM.
Syckgirlsfv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 04:39 PM   #366  

S/C/G: 246/see ticker/160 or less

Height: 5' 3.5"

Default 11/25/16

Hi everyone, hope you are all doing well today!

FYML - Good luck on your W/I and with the tattoo!

Scotsgal - Sorry about the car - that can really put a dent in the budget ( I know from personal experience). Congrats on your new low!

Diana - I very much appreciate your presence here! Your story and journey are an inspiration!

GettinFit - Good job on your walk!

Weekend- Your menus sound delicious! I hope your leg feels better soon.

Kelijpa - Congrats on your WI!

Lisa - You have a lot to be proud of given all of your daughter's accomplishments! Sounds like you both had a great day yesterday.

Syckgirls - Congrats on your maintenance!

CoolMom - Good luck getting back on track!

Teri - Regarding the frosted windshield, you might check out the home shopping channel and website, QVC.com, because I saw a product on there last night that looked pretty cool. It was basically what Monte Cristo described. I jotted it down. Item no. V-34186, Frostguard Windshield and Wiper cover for $27.96 on sale (Black Friday and all). Hope this helps!

Sundove - You're welcome. Hope you enjoy the book! Yes, I agree we do seem to have a lot in common. Congrats on your big loss a couple of years ago. Everyone always says maintenance is where the real work begins. Keep at it...you will find your way!

Ruva - Hi and welcome! Hope you find lots of support here. Congrats on your moderation yesterday!

Greetings and support to anyone I missed!

Yesterday - calories 1,790; carbs 127; fat 55; protein 96; sodium 1,272; sugar 58. Exercise - 3.5 miles, burned 350 net calories. Steps, about 13,000. Water - 60 oz.

Today - WI 205.0, down 1 pound from yesterday, up 1.4 for the month. I guess my 2 weeks of binging and increased carb training paid off because I lost a pound after Thanksgiving! But, seriously, I was more moderate on that day than any day for the last 2 weeks. Strange!

Plan for today - calories 1,611; carb 93; fat 57; protein 149; sodium 2,606; sugar 44. Exercise - 4.2 miles walking with dogs, burned 415 net calories. Steps so far, 12,699. Water - 100 oz.

I've decided to increase my walking mileage to 4.2 per day. Trying to increase my little dogs' walks as they get into better shape. Also, I've noticed I'm going faster. I did today's 4.2 miles in the time it would usually take me to do 3.5 miles.

I bought some new clothes this week on sale for Black Friday and had a NSV...bought size Large instead of XL. And, they fit. Granted, the outfits are those velour jog sets, but still...pretty cool!

Hope everyone has a great day and thanks so much for your support for the ups and downs of this journey!
Zoniegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 05:05 PM   #367  

Hi ladies,

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Jennifer and I had a pretty good day. This is the 1st Thanksgiving since my mother passed away in March. I feel bad that I did not remember until later in the day. I should have.

Zonie, Yes, Jennifer and I had a pretty good Thanksgiving. I was under the weather but able to make dinner. My turkey was a little dry but the stuffing was soooooooooo good. I'm actually kinda proud of myself. I'm not really much of a cook.

I had to go to the ER this morning. The infection in my gums is not getting any better. I am in agony, I can't eat. I was popping ibuprofen and acetaminophen like candy and it still wasn't working. I felt dumb going but I just couldn't take the pain anymore. I tried calling the dentist but they were closed.

I'm sorry to complain. Have a great Friday night.

Last edited by lisaloveshearts; 11-25-2016 at 05:09 PM.
lisaloveshearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 06:17 PM   #368  

Hi everyone I hope you all had a great day yesterday.

Quickie post for now, just got back and finally sitting, will eat dinner after. Yesterday went very well, had a 1/2 chick breast (stuffed)with broccoli and salad and salad with broccoli for dinner, s.f fudge pop, and nuts. Skipped the restaurant until tomorrow night! Wed did 2 mile vid walk and 35 min. outdoor walk yesterday which was really nice.

Very active day today, cleaning up, clearing and cleaning fridge for new batch! Out for a little walk and cappuccino, walking in stores ..then grocery shopping and now back..the day flew..feels good to take my sneakers off and I wanted to come and write because once I eat and hit the couch I am p robably down for the night! lol

Today's menu- tuna salad with lettuce and onion for lunch, roast chicken for dinner with squash and broccoli. I had no time to snack during the day but tonight having a s.f fudge pop after dinner!

kelijpa, congrats! : ) HOpe you have a wonderful weekend too and had a great time with your parents.

Lisa I am sorry to hear that you are in so much pain and hope that infection gets better, I hope they prescribed antibiotics for that.

Sych, sounds like a lovely day there! Hope you had a great time bike riding.

Hi Diana, hope you had a great time as well. Nothing like that "waking up and feeling skinny" feeling lol sounds good!

Sundove, wishing you a speedy recovery on that cold. I find myself thinking a lot too and planning etc. but that's helping a lot. Hope you had a great evening and wake up to a fresh new day tomorrow, that we all do.

RuvaC15

GettinFit, nice going on maintaining those recent losses this past week and after the holiday too!

ZonieGirl, ty I am soooo much better! I noticed a big difference between yesterday's walk in town from a week ago and in general as far as activity.
Congratssss on the new clothes and wtg on that walk! I Love those velour sets! They are so comfy and pretty too! Congrats on that milestone of going down a size That is great!

A big hello and hug to all of you out there, hope you all have a great night. I am going to eat dinner and then hit the couch! lol Sofa surfing is most definitely on the menu for tonight! Catch up more tomorrow.
Weekend Boater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 08:14 PM   #369  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

It sounds like everyone did a great job with the holiday!
RUVAC15 welcome!

I ate in moderation yesterday and finally treated myself to the dreaded wine I have been craving!.....Ya know it was not as good as I hoped <sigh> but that did not stop me from drinking it all
But I did log all my food and drink yesterday 1751 cal (even with the wine) 31.7 Carbs....my limit is 20 so oops. Did not make my protein or fat for the day and WI this am up .4 so I think all and all a success. My sister did as promised and we had plenty of green veggies for me to eat along with turkey. I even skipped the stuffing and potatoes...that is a first

I will check in tomorrow
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 08:57 PM   #370  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

Calories today: 1360

Not too bad, even with leftovers.

Lisa, a quiet Thanksgiving with your daughter sounds lovely. I'm sorry the infection is still bothering you.

RUVAC15, welcome and good luck with your weight loss goals.

Kelijpa, congrats on the good weigh-in!

Diana, I guess psychgirl was the only one to wake up feeling skinny the day after thanksgiving. Good job getting through it with improved restraint.

Eta: I wonder how Flower did through the holiday and if she is recovering from another mother encounter. If you're out there, I'm thinking of you!

Last edited by CoolMom75; 11-25-2016 at 08:58 PM.
CoolMom75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 09:31 PM   #371  
California licensed CPA!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'8

ladies

hope you all had a great day - it was a perfect So Cal day today! we did ride our bikes - 20 miles. that should take care of the extra food LOL

I had Thai fried rice with chicken for dinner (well, 1/2 of it, from Thai restaurant delivery) we're getting ready to watch a movie called The Trust. Everyone have a good night!!!
Syckgirlsfv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 10:56 PM   #372  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Sundove We seem to be in similar situations. My low was too low, too. People are always congratulating me for keeping the weight off. It all feels like such a lie and that I am living a lie. People make it sound so easy and nonchalant, when every day is some sort of battle. I also feel that I can teeter toward binging. I don't think I had that issue before or it wasn't as much of a problem. I just overate back then. I have heard a lot of people say that the dieting makes you more prone to binging. I don't like the word binging but, it is what it is, and that is my tendency with off plan days. My goal is to get that under control.

RuvaC15 Hi and welcome to the check-in. Good luck with your weight loss goals.

GettinFit Great job on your day.

Syckfirlsfv I hope you had a nice bike ride. ETA: I see you went.

Zoniegirl Congrats on the pound and the new clothes!

Lisaloveshearts The pain sounds awful. Nothing wrong with going to the ER when you are sick. I paid them a visit not too long ago, too. It was a first for me. I pray you get some relief and feel better soon.

Weekend Boater Sounds like you did well yesterday.

Nancylmrn
Great job skipping the extra carbs.

CoolMom Another good day for you. Have you gone on anymore bike rides or contemplating the group rides?

Waving Hi all around! Enjoy your evening.
Old 11-25-2016, 11:06 PM   #373  
Trying to live below 200

Total Approx 1380 Calories +

Breakfast (260 calories + )
Organic Valley vanilla Fuel shake 260 calories
coffee w/cream sugar/stevia blend

Lunch (400 calories)
Chick-fil-a Grilled chicken cool wrap no dressing 350 calories (I needed something easy and quick since I had stuff to do)
iced coffee my usual way 50 calories

Dinner (720 calories)
homemade cheeseburger (lean beef patty, cheese, lettuce, tomato, 1 piece bacon, ketchup, mustard, bun 500 calories
1 serving oven fries 120 calories
melon/fruit cup 100 calories

Exercise

Jessica Smith youtube 30 minute interval walk/jog (I mostly jogged)
Old 11-26-2016, 03:25 AM   #374  

Smile November goals 2016

Hello! Happy Holiday! Hope that everyone did well!
!
Scotty Girl...thanks for telling me about the deicer.
Zonie Girl...thanks for telling me about the car covers.

Lisa Love... hope your gums get better soon. When I get sore gums, I get a bottle of peroxide from the drug store and mix 1/2 peroxide and 1/2 water and gargle with it a couple times a day...and it really helps. A pharmacist can tell you what kind peroxide is the right kind.

Syckgirl....walkers in the barn...are you talking about yourself or do you have horses? 20 mile bike ride...GOOD for you!

Welcome Ruva...sorry about your weight gain...something tells me you are not alone.

I ate at a restaurant for Thanksgiving and got the senior serving size. I skipped the mashed potatoes and gravy and got the broccoli. I ate a bite of pumpkin pie and whipped cream from someone else's dessert. I ate half my meal at the restaurant and half four hours later. I saw the new "Harry Potter" movie Fantastic Beasts. It was delightful. British casting was wonderful...I hope that there are more movies to come.

218/214/211/214.5/209 I am happy that my weight is coming back down after some slips.

No cardio on Thanksgiving. The mall was closed. I swam 60 laps yesterday and did some shop walking.
Teri000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2016, 08:30 AM   #375  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Good morning all,

Had the Thanksgiving free-for-all yesterday, it was a good visit with my parents. 180.3 this morning, hopefully mostly water weight...well, at least some... I did something to my foot it's a little swollen near my arch, doesn't hurt when I have slippers on like it does with bare feet, I think maybe a I'm stepped on something when we were hiking.

Hope everyone is doing well and has a great day and weekend
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote