Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-08-2016, 11:59 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 230/230/170

Height: 5'7

Default Need Support Friends

Hey guys, I'm new here! I use to be 150 lbs a couple years back and worked out 2hrs a day. I was very fit but had terrible self image issues and still do. Although now I am around 230 lbs and need to get in to shape! All this weight gain has made me feel terrible physically and emotionally. I would like to make some friends who want to make each other accountable and motivated to eat better and exercise. I love sharing recipes and hearing your recipes and other tips! Thanks guys
Secrest0ut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 06:44 AM   #2  
Determind Member

S/C/G: 323/313/168

Height: 5ft 6"

Hey! Welcome! this place is good for community, even though it is a little quite here compared to how it used to be. I started at 323 and I am now 28.7lbs down as of this morning. I would love to be a support if you need it, however I must say that I am 5 hours ahead of you in Scotland and after living in the states for 4 summers in a row, the food that we can buy from the supermarket is very different. But I am here to help whenever I can

Do you follow a specific club? track your calories? have a food diary?
Scotsgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 08:49 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 214/160/140

Height: 5'4

Hello SecrestOut! Hello ScotsGal! I'm back on here after maintaining this summer. I consider maintaining a triumph because I really fell off the wagon as far as exercise (and to some degree eating) goes. I did get very jiggly and that's what I'm focusing on now (more than food) as jiggly makes me feel unhealthy.

What I'd say is that working out 2 hours a day is A LOT. And there would be no way I could maintain that long term. I've realized for me that bread and sugar are basically the same thing for my body and that I need to eat them in moderation. Carbs (other than vegetables) make me physically hungry and crave more carbs. I'm more of a salty bread person than a sweets person so for me this means understanding that if I eat toast with my eggs and bacon in the morning, about two hours later I'm really going to have to fight off hunger. It's weird because it's more calories to eat the toast. So I've learned that I need to keep my carbs down. I've also learned most importantly that nutrasweet triggers my hunger just like real sugar and bread. I'm keeping away from fake food.

You've proven that you can lose weight. The trick will be keeping the weight off. And to do that, you need to figure out the triggers that make you eat. They may be psychological and/or physical. I was rail thin in my teens and twenties. I didn't get overweight until my mid-thirties. I didn't figure out why I was overweight until my late forties. If you can pin down the cause for your eating, I promise you that's half the battle to keeping the weight off.

My own plan is very simple. I try to get 10k steps in each day and I keep the carbs down. Nothing is off limits right now but once I'm in the Fall groove as far as my kids' school and sports schedules, I will probably keep any desserts off limits until Christmas. Wine and bread on weekends only. I'd like to get down to 140. I'm just not certain I want to do the work involved to get there. LOL

Last edited by Treasa; 09-09-2016 at 08:55 AM.
Treasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 10:00 AM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotsgal View Post
Hey! Welcome! this place is good for community, even though it is a little quite here compared to how it used to be. I started at 323 and I am now 28.7lbs down as of this morning. I would love to be a support if you need it, however I must say that I am 5 hours ahead of you in Scotland and after living in the states for 4 summers in a row, the food that we can buy from the supermarket is very different. But I am here to help whenever I can

Do you follow a specific club? track your calories? have a food diary?
Thanks for responding! I will take whatever support I can, even though our time zones are off quite a bit!
Recently I tried The Perfect Health Diet which is essentially like a paleo diet.

• Eat real food: recently living plants and animals.

• Eat mostly plants—but low-carb!

• Among plant foods, favor in-ground starches.

• Don’t be afraid to eat fat! Hunter-gatherers flourished on a fat-rich die

This seemed to be working but I lost motivation and began eating junk again. I also use to count calories and keep a food journal but I'm not good at keeping up with that.
Old 09-09-2016, 10:02 AM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treasa View Post
Hello SecrestOut! Hello ScotsGal! I'm back on here after maintaining this summer. I consider maintaining a triumph because I really fell off the wagon as far as exercise (and to some degree eating) goes. I did get very jiggly and that's what I'm focusing on now (more than food) as jiggly makes me feel unhealthy.

What I'd say is that working out 2 hours a day is A LOT. And there would be no way I could maintain that long term. I've realized for me that bread and sugar are basically the same thing for my body and that I need to eat them in moderation. Carbs (other than vegetables) make me physically hungry and crave more carbs. I'm more of a salty bread person than a sweets person so for me this means understanding that if I eat toast with my eggs and bacon in the morning, about two hours later I'm really going to have to fight off hunger. It's weird because it's more calories to eat the toast. So I've learned that I need to keep my carbs down. I've also learned most importantly that nutrasweet triggers my hunger just like real sugar and bread. I'm keeping away from fake food.

You've proven that you can lose weight. The trick will be keeping the weight off. And to do that, you need to figure out the triggers that make you eat. They may be psychological and/or physical. I was rail thin in my teens and twenties. I didn't get overweight until my mid-thirties. I didn't figure out why I was overweight until my late forties. If you can pin down the cause for your eating, I promise you that's half the battle to keeping the weight off.

My own plan is very simple. I try to get 10k steps in each day and I keep the carbs down. Nothing is off limits right now but once I'm in the Fall groove as far as my kids' school and sports schedules, I will probably keep any desserts off limits until Christmas. Wine and bread on weekends only. I'd like to get down to 140. I'm just not certain I want to do the work involved to get there. LOL
I am hooked on carbs and sugar, it's my horrible addiction that is very hard to break. When I did the Perfect Health Diet I stopped all bad carbs and sugar and it made me feel a lot better so I need to start doing that again.
Old 09-19-2016, 04:53 AM   #6  
banned

Ill be happy to be your friend
showeverything1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 05:06 AM   #7  
banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secrest0ut View Post
Thanks for responding! I will take whatever support I can, even though our time zones are off quite a bit!
Recently I tried The Perfect Health Diet which is essentially like a paleo diet.

• Eat real food: recently living plants and animals.

• Eat mostly plants—but low-carb!

• Among plant foods, favor in-ground starches.

• Don’t be afraid to eat fat! Hunter-gatherers flourished on a fat-rich die

This seemed to be working but I lost motivation and began eating junk again. I also use to count calories and keep a food journal but I'm not good at keeping up with that.
That's great advice! good luck
showeverything1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 12:51 AM   #8  
Moose

S/C/G: 204/202/140

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secrest0ut View Post
Hey guys, I'm new here! I use to be 150 lbs a couple years back and worked out 2hrs a day. I was very fit but had terrible self image issues and still do. Although now I am around 230 lbs and need to get in to shape! All this weight gain has made me feel terrible physically and emotionally. I would like to make some friends who want to make each other accountable and motivated to eat better and exercise. I love sharing recipes and hearing your recipes and other tips! Thanks guys
Hello! I am also new here and looking for friends! Feel free to message me! :]
I totally understand having bad body image, I've been dealing with it for 10ish years... I am also 30 lbs. up from where I was last year which has made my issues worse. I highly recommend journaling your thoughts and feelings. It's therapeutic and it helps to organize your mind and form a plan of action, at least it's that way for me. :]

Never give up the fight for a better life. :]
tessagetsfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 08:21 AM   #9  

Hello everyone!! I am also new here and need to lose about 50 pounds. I currently weight 206 at 28 yrs old. When i was 18 i used to weight 160 pounds. Always had poor bodyimage since childhood... Used to be a chubby kid.

I am a mom and dont want my daughter to feel the same as i did. I need to change and be healthy for her. She is 13 months old.

I need support and need to feel like im giving support to other "loser" as well.
Ps english is my 2nd language.
MarieMendis is offline   Reply With Quote