Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-30-2016, 11:58 AM   #496  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Good morning all!

Struggling through telework this morning, not everything was working correctly, that makes it a challenge to be productive, but I made it.

Ended the month 179.7, thrilled with that, I wasn't expecting to see that until next month. Looking forward to the weekend, hope everyone has a great one. Kind of cool and damp here, hope to be able to get in a walk outside later.

Have a great day, best to all
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 12:50 PM   #497  

S/C/G: 186/135/125

Height: 5.5 feet

Walked for about 40 minutes or so with a stop at a garden to wait out some rain for maybe 10 minutes.

And then up and down the stairs here 5 times. I read that you have to do stairs to stop being winded on them, even runners (on the internet) say this. Can't be bad for you either though huh?

Last edited by snapple; 09-30-2016 at 12:51 PM.
snapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 12:59 PM   #498  

Today dead. No planning. Leaving for boyfriend's in the evening. Worked well over 24 hours straight, had a nap and need to be on my way. Went severely under my plan with calories, but don't feel like eating. Sorry for not replying, will do Sunday or Monday.
Ameline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 01:33 PM   #499  
Shorty getting fit

S/C/G: 162/132/119

Snapple - I thought of you when I was stocking up on frozen veggies last night. What are your go-to's?

Ameline - I hope you get a good slumber soon!

Monte - Thanks for the tutorial. I never thought to measure thighs like that!

I compared my stats with mid July. I'm down only 6 or 7 pounds from then, but it's made more of a difference in measurements than I expected.

Waist: - 1.5 inches
Butt: - 0.5 inch
Thigh: - 1 inch (when measuring the same way as I did in July; also measured Monte's way today)

I regret not measuring my hips back then for comparison. I know I've lost there bc that's where I had this kangaroo pouch thingy going on in front. It's thankfully shrunk a lot.

I only did those 4 spots today. Today's numbers are what I'll use for a comparison at the end of October.

Last edited by Chunkahlunkah; 09-30-2016 at 02:07 PM.
Chunkahlunkah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 01:46 PM   #500  
California licensed CPA!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'8

sundove I don't have a scale that does anything but weigh! I want one like yours...I will google but what's your take on how good the one you have works as far as accuracy?

I'm up again today! 162.4!!! I'm sure it's sodium from the middle eastern food. that's what I get! I've been under or at calorie goal every day and last night rode 17 miles. So it'll right itself I guess. I feel like I should have been under 160 by now

today:
b - trader joe's egg white salad, 2 slices turkey bacon
s - mini babybel light
l - provided by the temple, but if it's not good for me I have turkey muffins and zucchini.
d - tbd
exercise - probably a rest day
Syckgirlsfv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 02:08 PM   #501  
Shorty getting fit

S/C/G: 162/132/119

Sorry, Syck. Fried foods do that to me too like clockwork. On the plus side, as the water weight leaves it's likely to take some fat pounds with it too.

Last edited by Chunkahlunkah; 09-30-2016 at 02:09 PM.
Chunkahlunkah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 02:31 PM   #502  

S/C/G: 186/135/125

Height: 5.5 feet

Hi Chunka

Way to go on your measurements! Are you working out too?

As for frozen veggies, what I like is these little boxes of Green Giant brand. They come in different combinations. They are "sauced" to various degrees and you can microwave them. Fast and easy, just trying to get a little healthier in my habits.

I have been wanting to make a sautee with garlic and frozen spinach. I read that spinach offers a lot of iron but then on all the frozen spinach at the store it says only 4% iron. I wonder what gives?
snapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 02:54 PM   #503  

Syckgirlsfv The scale I use and just re-purchased is Ozeri. It's 32.00 now, down from 50.00 a few yrs back. Re accuracy, when I was getting weighed weekly by a coach, I compared it and the weights were in synch. (The coach had a state of the art medical thing, maybe Dexa?). Then I compared to the one w use at the hospital to weigh patients--also "state of the art" but just lbs.

I never compared the fat & water %s. I didn't care much as long as the weight was going down. But I always looked at all the numbers and saw a consistency. So when my water of fat %s changed, I had confidence in the pattern if not the absolute number--does that make sense? So if my weight went up but fat was same, water number higher, I had some confidence that I was retaining water, not gaining fat.

For real accuracy, I think you have to do water displacemnt or a very pricey electronic thing, and even the latter isn't that accurate. So I go with what my scale tells me, and use fit of clothes and little areas on the body, to corroborate. (Face thighs)

There are other scales out there that might be better, but I just went with the familiar. One thing is that I always take two weights. The 2nd one is always about 1-2 lbs lower, and it stays at that number no matter if I weigh a 3rd & 4th time.

Here it is:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004NXUAXW...i%2Bscale&th=1

Last edited by Sundove; 09-30-2016 at 02:57 PM.
Sundove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 04:28 PM   #504  
California licensed CPA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chunkahlunkah View Post
Sorry, Syck. Fried foods do that to me too like clockwork. On the plus side, as the water weight leaves it's likely to take some fat pounds with it too.
thanks..and of course you're right! I'll look forward to that!
Old 09-30-2016, 04:33 PM   #505  
California licensed CPA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundove View Post
Syckgirlsfv The scale I use and just re-purchased is Ozeri. It's 32.00 now, down from 50.00 a few yrs back. Re accuracy, when I was getting weighed weekly by a coach, I compared it and the weights were in synch. (The coach had a state of the art medical thing, maybe Dexa?). Then I compared to the one w use at the hospital to weigh patients--also "state of the art" but just lbs.

I never compared the fat & water %s. I didn't care much as long as the weight was going down. But I always looked at all the numbers and saw a consistency. So when my water of fat %s changed, I had confidence in the pattern if not the absolute number--does that make sense? So if my weight went up but fat was same, water number higher, I had some confidence that I was retaining water, not gaining fat.

For real accuracy, I think you have to do water displacemnt or a very pricey electronic thing, and even the latter isn't that accurate. So I go with what my scale tells me, and use fit of clothes and little areas on the body, to corroborate. (Face thighs)

There are other scales out there that might be better, but I just went with the familiar. One thing is that I always take two weights. The 2nd one is always about 1-2 lbs lower, and it stays at that number no matter if I weigh a 3rd & 4th time.

Here it is:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004NXUAXW...i%2Bscale&th=1

that looks just like the one I was considering...here it is
https://www.amazon.com/GoWISE-USA-ap...t_sims?ie=UTF8
Old 09-30-2016, 05:35 PM   #506  

Monte - thanks for the tutorial! I'll take some measurements tomorrow and post.

Sundove - great job resisting sugar! And I think I will check out that scale. I love data!
nicoley73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 06:13 PM   #507  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

I just succumbed to a binge. It is so stupid, I'm a little embarassed to say what it was....lime corn chips with chocolate ice cream. IDK what came over me. I'm trying to decide if I just want to move on, or if I should not eat the rest of my planned menu for the day.
MonteCristo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 06:48 PM   #508  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

MonteCristo I don't think there's anything wrong with just moving on and eating your healthy food. I have read that restricting/punishing yourself can cause more damage. Whatever you decide to do, wishing you the best and tomorrow's a new day
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 08:25 PM   #509  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

HI Everyone! I am going to watch a movie with my DH and then I will post the check-ins for the new month.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 09:09 PM   #510  

Nicoley Thanks for the support! That scale is definitely fun for us data freaks lol! Syckgirl Loooks like the same one, and you found a better price
Btw should be used on a hard, level surface, but not stored in the bathroom. So I store mine under my bed and drag it out each day to the bathroom just to weigh. You need to weigh barefoot.

MonteCristo I agree with kelijpa, start fresh on your plan without cutting back. Mostly be kind to yourself--it works

Snapple Nice job on your day!

Enjoy the movie Diana!
Sundove is offline   Reply With Quote