Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2016, 08:10 PM   #31  
California licensed CPA!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'8

hey everyone! I'm heading out for a bike ride and will post the day's food after dinner, but I wanted to say that yesterday I weighed 164.6 in the morning and THIS morning I weighed 160.8!!! whole lotta water I guess

I'll be back!
Old 08-03-2016, 10:49 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Well, had to run errands after work, so no time to workout. I did eat on point today, but had a drink at game night. But it was carb free, so I should be ok. Walked 26 minutes during my lunch break. Still no weight change for the month.

Menu:
Breakfast: 2oz cream cheese
Lunch: 2c. burgoo
Snack: 60g pepperoni
Dinner: loaded chicken and steamed broccoli and cauliflower & long island iced tea

Totals: 22nc and 1560 calories

Last edited by MonteCristo; 08-04-2016 at 08:38 AM.
Old 08-03-2016, 11:25 PM   #33  
FY,ML

S/C/G: 245/179/145

Height: 172cm

Default August 3rd

Today was pretty good. I ate clean and healthy for a total of 1,044 calories, got in my 10,000 steps, and did my workout. Today's workout was lower body fix so it was leg day. I could barely walk after but I forced myself to go on the treadmill for a bit after which loosened up my legs a bit and got my heart rate going. My abs and arms are still sore from yesterdays workout. I am super excited for tomorrow as I found someone selling some vanilla shakology for real cheap and there's so much I can do with shakology. I think it will be fun to incorporate into my eating plan.

Last edited by FYML; 08-03-2016 at 11:25 PM.
Old 08-04-2016, 12:12 AM   #34  
California licensed CPA!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'8

fyml a girl at my work drinks shake ology...she gave me one and I still have it in my drawer! It's chocolate.

okay, I rode 21 miles and burned over 1000 calories

menu:
b - Trader Joes oats and flax
l - salad w/organic romaine, rotisserie chicken, beets, walnuts, and balsamic vinaigrette
s - pumpkin pie pop tart
d - omaha burger on multi grain sandwich thin, tomato, jalapeno relish, muenster cheese

dessert: gluten free oatmeal cookie (low sugar, small size)

I'm in a deficit due to the 1000 cals burned

Last edited by Syckgirlsfv; 08-04-2016 at 12:13 AM.
Old 08-04-2016, 01:10 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 196/158/150

Height: 5' 6"

I’m still eating off plan. I seem to be stuck here, but it’s probably temporary. I was busy rearranging furniture and cleaning and that was actually exhausting sweaty work, so I opted out of my walk today.

B: cheese bagel w/butter, coffee w/vanilla cream
L: chicken wrap, garbanzo bean and ancient grain salad
D: 3 chicken flautas with hot sauce
D: pineapple popsicle

Thanks BW, Sundove, and Chris! I will try to be kind to myself. I’m not sure what’s going on with my mood. It could be the change in daylight. It brings old familiar feelings back to me. I will be going back to work in a few weeks and I usually feel more excited about that than I do this year. The summer break was too short. I guess I’m feeling that nudge to retire. I chose to take fewer students this year than last year, so I’m looking forward to a little easier year, and that’s a good thing.

Tomorrow my plan is to eat off plan. My family is going to the Hollywood Bowl to hear Stravinsky’s Firebird. We will take a picnic dinner with us and probably have some kind of dessert with that. I’m looking forward to it.
Old 08-04-2016, 11:41 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Does anyone do the math on their weight loss? Do you find it to be accurate for you? I keep track of my calories I eat with MyFitnessPal and my calorie burned with my Polar fitness tracker/HRM. If I put the information in a spread sheet, using the standard 3500 calorie/1lb guideline, based on my performance over the past 5 weeks I should have lost 13.4 lbs. I actually lost 13.4 lbs. This isn't just a coincidence, whenever I track it, it is always right on the money. I'm not sure if I find this comforting or depressing. Comforting because clearly my body works "correctly" and if I just stick to my plan I'll continue to lose the weight. Depressing that I don't have any excuse except for laziness.
Old 08-04-2016, 03:02 PM   #37  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

No workout for yesterday - chaos

Last night: Tamilee Webb's Total Body Stretch (sitting)

This Morning: Oxycise in the Office 1

Best Buy can't commit to a date for the in home computer install. I have decided to do it my self. Wish me luck and a little prayer can't hurt. I think I need some divine intervention. I have felt so out of the loop since not having a computer at home.

Still wishing everyone the best.

Hopefully I will be back to normal within a day or so. Or maybe I should say normal for me, whatever that is.

My meals were the same as usual except I had steak bites with my dinner salad.

Calories for yesterday: 1495
Weigh In: 171.4
No Change

Waving Hi all around
Old 08-04-2016, 08:21 PM   #38  

Diana I so appreciate your checking in. Your posts are so anchoring for me. Sending you good wishes with the computer installation. maybe they have finally evolved to be mostly ready to use.

Everyone Else

MonteCristo Congrats on the 13.4 lbs lost! I think it's quite wonderful that you've figured this out about how your body works. It makes it harder to fall into the trap of rationalizing eating that will lead to gains. But yeah, maybe a little depressing too, to realize there's no "free lunch" this process.
I do not track all that closely, so I can't say for sure if it's been my experience. I use MFP as a planner. I pretty much know how many cals & macros will work for me, but it's from ~ 6 decades of experience, well not that many as a dieter, that would be only 5 decades

Magistra I hear ya BIGTIME re retirement. How great that you are teaching a lighter load this time.

Sycksgirlsfv Congrats on knocking the weight off. Water begone! My mouth waters each time I read your meals, and my legs twitch when I read your exercise--you go girl!

FYML I looked up **********--first time I'd heard of it. I'm looking forward to hearing how you like it. I think you're due for a treat. EDIT not sure why the shake reference got censored...

Chunkalunkah I'm sorry to read about your anemia. Are you feeling better? I think you'll know when you're ready to exercise. Take good care of yourself meanwhile.

Beloved Warrior Howdy out there in BusyLand! Hope you are enjoying yourself, not getting too tired.

Howdy Newcomers and Welcome! Looking forward to getting to know you here.

Today is one of those rare days when I don't feel very hungry. Maybe because I ate a lot yesterday. It was healthy food but a little more than I really needed. I had a great pilates lesson from the teacher who I felt intimidated by, and also a good body work session. My core is stronger than a few months ago, but there is a lot to do yet. It was nice to hear the teacher say I'm in a good place with upper abs and breathing, now need to work on lower abs, and all the rest.

check in 1003 cals
B coffee/cashew milk
S tofu skin roll ups
L yam/chicken salad Using white yams that are like potatos
D gigantic plate of cauliflower cooked with a couple eggs, scallion, evoo.

Happy Friday Eve!

Last edited by Sundove; 08-04-2016 at 08:24 PM.
Old 08-04-2016, 09:56 PM   #39  

Height: 5'8.5"

Hi everyone

Wow, it has been a while since I have checked in.... so busy getting things ready for the surgery. Two more weeks!! There is so much to do trying to stock up on items, etc. I will be off work a month so will hopefully have more time to catch up with everyone, although I have been told I will be pretty exhausted. After I go back to work, it is pretty much that and rest for 8-12 weeks (because the incision is so extensive).

Thinking of all of you and cheering you on!!!
Old 08-04-2016, 10:12 PM   #40  

I'm excited for you Misti!
Old 08-04-2016, 10:38 PM   #41  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Misti Wishing you the best.

I am at home and on the new computer. I don't really like the new look from Windows 10. I don't like change, so there will be an adjustment period. At least I have the convenience of being on the computer at home. It will be nice to get back to my old routine.

Total Approx 1495 Calories +

Breakfast (400 Calories + coffee)
spritz olive oil in pan
XL egg 80 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
300g. Mediterranean Blend Veggies 90 calories
14 g. Organic Valley feta cheese 30 calories
1 T. tomato paste 10 calories
1/2 Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 45 calories
1 T. pumpkin butter 25 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/sugar/stevia blend and cream

Lunch (395 Calories)

Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 90 calories
2 slices Applegate Farms Black Forest Ham & lettuce 50 Calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Greek Yogurt 120 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Salad w/grilled chicken & BHF's ranch 700 calories

Exercise:
Michelle Dozois Peak Fit Pure Cardio
Old 08-04-2016, 11:18 PM   #42  
FY,ML

S/C/G: 245/179/145

Height: 172cm

Default August 4th

Today was another great day. I snuck out of work a bit early today so I could get my workout in before going to buy my shake-ology. I ate clean and healthy for 1,020 calories, did a pilates fix, and went on the treamill for 20 mins atfer that. I also got in my 10,000 steps. I am not sure I liked the pilates workout. It needed a lot of body strength that I just don't have. I will keep continuing to try as it is only on Thursdays but at one point during an exercise, I physically could not lift my leg as my thigh was completly locked.

For those of you asking about the shake-ology, I absolutely LOVE it but it is way too over priced. It is $120-160 per a 30 day supply. I only get it when I can buy it cheap so todays bag was $50 which is still expensive for a protein powder. It is sugar free and most definately the most versatile protein powder out there. I like to cook with protein powder and make dense smoothies with oatmeal, banana, etc so that it is kinda like a dessert. I am going to make protein brownies with my shake-ology and probably another couple batches of protein pancakes. Since I avoid refined sugar as much as humanly possible, shake-ology is the right pick for me !

As for tracking calories in and calories burned, I track my food calories using myfitnesspal and I sync my fitbit to it everynight for calories burned. Then in the top corner, there is an option to complete your diary for the day and when you do it will say "If every day were like today, you'd weigh ____ pounds in 5 weeks". I write these down in my day planner which I use as my weight loss journey diary. At the end of every week, I find the average of my expected 5 week average and log it in my diary. I believe next week is the 5 week mark since I have been using my diary so I will see just how accurate myfitnesspal is !

Last edited by FYML; 08-04-2016 at 11:19 PM.
Old 08-05-2016, 07:56 AM   #43  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone! TGIF!

Nothing for last night
This Morning: Oxycise in the Office 2

Calories for yesterday: 1495 +
Weigh In: 171.2
Down: .2

Have a great day and start to your weekend!
Old 08-05-2016, 10:39 AM   #44  

Yeah! I lost another pound! Just a pound and a half above my weight goal for August 1! So I'm losing a little slower than my goal, happy I'm still moving in the right direction...
Old 08-05-2016, 12:14 PM   #45  
my 1st baby "Pepe le Pew"

S/C/G: 276.8/272.2/health

Height: 5' 4"

HEY everyone! How’s it going??

I am very happy. I can’t say I’ve always been connected enough to know what I feel … but it is so great to know, I feel happy.

The last few days have been just steaming hot, and with no AC it got a bit close in my home too. Thank God for fans TODAY!! it is very (love the sun) and comfortable. Windows are open, a breeze comes in now and again – the perfect day! (ooo and I just had a whiff of flowers come in the window - nice!) I hope to show my duplex by the 15th. In order to do that … I have put on my phone that I am on vacation until the 15th, and I will follow-up with calls then. I HAVE GOT TO get focused!! And, again thank God, since I’ve lost 55 pounds and my knees are not as sore – I can do more! Little by little!

I’ve been sloppy on my calories (average 1751 calories in 5 days). THAT just isn’t going to work. Yes, it’s way lower than 7 months ago … BUT it won’t work to lose weight! I need to get things reined back in!

So, that’s about it for me --- what’s new with y’all??

ByebyeKitty … great job downsizing at Starbucks and doing your “fitness blender.”

MonteCristo – yum yum fried bologna & scrambled eggs – I do the same with hotdogs! Re do the math – I love math – but you lost me re the calculation explanation – other than what you figured was accurate. IT sounds interesting, I just don’t understand. PM me if you want to explain more as it’s something I would like to understand and check against my loss and intake.

Sassypants – WOW o WOW you are really zooming… you are passing me up WTG girlie! Misti’s surgery is August 19th. We must have had your same storm here … it was raining cats n dogs in Appleton and zip zero nada in Menasha. Like you, only 15-20 minutes apart. I drove right thru the line of rain - no rain … such a weird feeling. on the garage sale. You sound so talented regarding putting together complete outfits. It’s too late for input, but I would pay more for clothes being sold online than at a garage sale. But, that being said … $3 does sound like a good price.

Sundove – I, like you, get soooo affected by change in daylight. Makes me sad I didn’t realize you were working outside the home – I thought you were retired. WOW! Thanks for the observation of sleep and carbs. I will have to keep that in mind. I know when I was doing IP I’d wake up “bam” and think “what can I do… oh I should do …” It was like when I was on prednisone … a little manic. Enjoy your weekend Love your new avatar. It looks like a “face” on the cactus; it also looks very very tall! GREAT encouragement from your intimidating teacher

ChrisMohr so close to 8/1 goal … WTG!

YIPPEE!! It’s Play MISTI for me !! GREAT BIG HUGS!! Being sent your way!

Diana – what a bummer re Best Buy! I hope the process of setting up the computer goes very smooth. (praying) … just read your comment on Win10 … YEAH! I hear ya, they really mess things up for the sake of “change” ARGH! Question – did you get a touch screen?? I don’t have one, but the neighbors do and I’ve been helping them with applications … and I often forget, but then I use it and when I get home – I try to touch my screen … DUH!

Chunkalunkah - I sure hope you feel 100% very very soon!!

FYML – keep up the good-hard work!! Glad to hear you got a good price on the protein powder. I love to save money … ENJOY your weekend!!

Magistra – retirement sucks!! (not really I’m just trying to be discouraging so you don’t desire it so much ) Curious – how can you determine the number of students in your class? OH! I can’t wait to hear about the concert!! Sounds fun and exciting!

HELLO!! To Flower, CoolMom, ciecie, Nichols, Syckgirlsfv, and Kieljpa ...
Closed Thread