Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2016, 03:23 AM   #46  

Holy Moly, you all are already 3 pages in to July ! What a prolific community you are Thank you Diana for starting the July thread. I hope you had a good time at the wedding !

Misti what a bra excursion you had! $12.50 each? That's quite a deal. It sounds very exciting. And pretty. Glad you are making up for all those years when you had nothing pretty or well fitting. You talked about the extra fat on your stomach after losing weight. My "kids" were horrified when they saw my wings after I lost weight. Yes, my arms now have wings Thats what I call all that extra skin that hangs down when my arms are not at my side. Fortunately, no one gets to see it because I wear sleeves that do not show anything above my elbows. My skin wings are my secret

BelovedWarrior Congratulations on the 230s. Great job! Re: your sister being told to not go as low as 1200 calories, she may be quite active and burn off a lot of calories. Thus needing more calories to properly stoke her body furnace, so to speak. I think it is a personal situation. For some 1200 is not okay. For others 1,000 is fine. Just depends on daily activity, age etc.

Syckgirl Guess you are leaving soon for Las Vegas. I hope you have a GREAT time. And eat some awesome food. Great that you are back in the 150s.

SunDove glad you get to "putter around and do nothing" this weekend. I hope your bra shopping goes well. Glad you are working on the breathing and getting bras that facilitate it.

Ennay i am sorry your scale is stuck. I hope it is saving up for a good drop very soon. But 5.4 lb loss in a month is great. Almost 2 lbs a week

Terry I like your positive outlook. That's the way to do it !! I hope you have a great time visiting with your sister.

Nicholsfamily congrats on getting things back under control. I hope this weekend is not too hard on the food situation. If so, tuesday will be here soon enough. It sounds like you re-established the groove this past week.

Ciecie Glad your fittness goals were met. I would be shocked if i read one day that they were not met. You are an inspiration

Sassypants happy belated birthday do your son. Sounds like you did great having a small banana split. And only 2 small slices of pizza. Moms need to celebrate their kid's birthdays. After all, they were kinda busy on that day (8 years ago, in your case)

Magistra glad you were able to get in a nice walk. I suppose it is not very humid most of the time where you live. Its the humidity that makes things so opressive sometimes here.

IdealProteinNewbie Costco sells vaccume pack Rotisserie chicken? I didnt know that. I used to like their regular rotisserie chicken.

Coolmom I hope things are going well

Diana not surprised that you had a good time at the wedding. I knew you would. The cake sounds delicious. I never heard of mac and cheese at a wedding. Sounds like my kind of wedding. Being from the north, I have never had shrimp and grits. Imagine that Glad there was a photo taken, even if it was at a distance.

Kelijpa I hope you are at a great festival this weekend.

Everyone else

I hope everyone has a great rest of the long weekend.
Old 07-03-2016, 07:30 AM   #47  

will work out in a few minutes.
Old 07-03-2016, 10:43 AM   #48  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

I forgot to mention something else. Going back to the mall last week for the evening makeup tutorial was totally worth it. I usually go for a natural look in my daily life. I will add in some extra color for fun at times but still keep it more natural and subdued. The tutorial gave me confidence to wear the evening colors with confidence. I still probably kept it more subdued than the SA would have wanted, but that's my style. Gotta stay within my comfort zone.

Before church tonight we will be going out with friends to a steak dinner. I will try to keep things in moderation. I have found that I do better mentally, if I have the splurge meal later in the day. Meaning, if lunch is the splurge (like our Thanksgiving meal) it sets me up to eating more even later in the day. If the splurge is later, I stick to my plan for breakfast and lunch and then have the splurge for dinner, go home (as long as there are no crappy foods at home), and go to bed. I had a gain for yesterday but my eating was very controlled and I feel I did well. So, I need to keep working on this, with the goal of minimizing my gains for off plan times.

Calories for yesterday: unknown
Weigh In: 169.6
Up: 1.4 pounds

Last night I did: Debbie Siebers Slim & Limber
This Morning: a section from Oxycise in the Office

Have a great day!
Old 07-03-2016, 10:58 AM   #49  

did 2 miles of leslie sansone's heart healthy walking at home. will power walk to church in a few minutes and will power walk and run errands on my way home.
Old 07-03-2016, 12:46 PM   #50  
California licensed CPA!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'8

hi ladies!

159.0 this morning...COME ON!!! LOL

argh! ha ha it's slow going...VEGAS tomorrow! Hopefully be 158 when I go tomorrow - 3 pounds shy of the 155 I hoped for but I didn't realize this would be so hard! It's usually easy...age I guess. BOO. oh well, my belly is flat again

had coffee, need to get ready for church and find some food real quick. Back later!
Old 07-03-2016, 01:15 PM   #51  

just power walked and ran an errand on my way home from church.
Old 07-03-2016, 04:41 PM   #52  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

Diana, the wedding sounds like it wasca good time. Enjoy your dinner with friends!

Beloved, I went off coffee a while ago because of bad teeth clenching. I switched to decaf but still had the issue so quit that too. I still have a minor clenching, and never really know the reason. Every time I do this I end up back on my cup a day.

Ennay, I guess we are neighbors! I live in Hillsboro.

My weight has been pretty much staying the same on 1100 to 1400 calories. I lost 4 pounds and then stabalized.
Old 07-03-2016, 05:21 PM   #53  

took my sister and brother-in-law's two dogs for a power walk.
Old 07-03-2016, 05:50 PM   #54  
my 1st baby "Pepe le Pew"

S/C/G: 276.8/272.2/health

Height: 5' 4"

Happy SUNDAY!!

Diana – the wedding and reception sounded like it was a good time had by all. And, I’m glad to hear you and DH enjoyed yourself. It sounds as though they did not have the “traditional” wedding food. I think it is great when people make their wedding “THEIR” wedding!! Now you need to find another event, since you were so comfortable in your clothes. Your personal shopper sounds like she’s worth her weight in gold. I would love to find someone like that … I am so happy you found her. I may just have to head your way once I lose all my weight and borrow her from you Awesome and fun … re the makeup.

Syckgirl – your bison taco sounds scrumptious. Be safe on your “favorite ROAD TRIP!” BRAVO on the FLAT BELLY!! I bet you will look SIMPLY FABOULOUS!! Have fun … oh, and you can have adult bottles on the trip, you don’t have to have the “baby” bottles anymore … ENJOY!!

Sundove – I didn't google it yet, I'll have to do that. Another one that I find interesting is "stubborn like a mule." I wonder if that came from the Bible where that mule would not cross the bridge and then it talked to its master. I just have a strange way of thinking ... one more ... ?? pillar of salt?? Lot's wife?? I do hope the hip gets whipped into shape soon (well, whipped may be a bit drastic… but, you know what I mean ) I see you have a new avatar picture … is this your hacienda? I’ve been daydreaming about travels. You’d be shaking your head if you heard what I’m running in my head It’s like the old movie – Around the World in 80 days … I guess there’s nothing wrong with dreaming… ENJOY your weekend. Do you have a cookout?

Flower (power) – HUGS!! Yeah we sure are a gabby bunch. Your “wing secret” is safe with me Thanks for the input in the 1000 – 1200. I, for now, feel okay striving for 1000. I don’t hit it regularly, like today I’m almost at 1100 … but, it’s better than almost being at 1500 What plans do you have for this Independence Weekend celebration? I’m just hanging low and listening to the big booms from the neighbors. Oh, I am going to a Bible Study tomorrow (odd thing … never did that on the 4th before…but the people are fun. I’m curious what the topic will be). I have worked out a schedule to get my place in order. I just hope I stick with it. I hope your mouth/teeth and other things that hurt in the night… are doing much better.

CoolMom – Oh! I remember that now… I really hope it has helped. That’s a big sacrifice! Great job on the 4 pound loss and then stabilizing. You are about 2/3 of the way there… SOON … VERY SOON!!

Novangel – I know you said you were taking a break from here for a while, but in case you are lurking … and :$$tips: … Seriously though, I hope all is going well.

Ciecie - I bet the doggies enjoyed the power walk! Enjoy your weekend.

><><><>

Okay – so Yesterday’s calories were under 1200 and I gained .8 pounds – go figure. I eat 1800 and lose .6. I guess it’s time for more cheesecake Today’s WI – 240.0

Enjoy the rest of the weekend –
Old 07-03-2016, 06:37 PM   #55  

Height: 5'8.5"

Hello all.

Just catching up on reading all your posts. Glad you are all staying on track.

I survived the night guarding the fireworks stand, ha ha. We had a lot of fun playing games -- had one especially lively card game called "Treason" that kept us all awake better so we played that one for hours.

I did break my "no eating at night" rule but it was planned and a reasonable exception. A lot of the snacks people brought were healthful, and I managed t stay out of the cookies and chips, and eat an "okay" portion of the delicious breakfast our leaders cooked on their grill. We planned not to stay for church, as we would all have just slept through it ha ha.

I planned to grab a nap and head to the deep water pool but it said online that it was closed again. Their schedule says open on Sunday but this is the second time it has said closed so will call and find out what gives. My muscles need the warm water; not a dip in our condo pool at these low temps (although I would normally do that) and don't feel up to heading to the gym so will just sit here and drink coffee lol.

Have a great rest of weekend.

Old 07-03-2016, 09:09 PM   #56  

just got back from another power walk with my sister's dogs.
Old 07-03-2016, 09:22 PM   #57  
California licensed CPA!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'8

belovedwarrior LOL I already have an adult bottle all ready to go with me! LOL Tito's organic handmade vodka

I am doing my roots right now...so much fun! NOT

today so far has been like this:
b - egg whites w/shredded cheese and madras lentils
l - Mediterranean salad w/chicken
d - 5 pieces of sushi (I love sushi but I have a sushi threshold! I can't eat more than that)

I'm sure I'll eat something else, something small...I'm starved!

Last edited by Syckgirlsfv; 07-03-2016 at 09:23 PM.
Old 07-03-2016, 09:38 PM   #58  
my 1st baby "Pepe le Pew"

S/C/G: 276.8/272.2/health

Height: 5' 4"

Flower ... I found this page that gives bunches of cliche origins ... http://www.businessballs.com/clichesorigins.htm

Enjoy
G
Old 07-03-2016, 10:01 PM   #59  

Diana Wow it all came together with the makeup & feeling comfortable in your dressy clothes. Enjoy your dinner tonight

Thanks Flower! No bra shopping after all. Just being more conscious of breathing seems to help a lot. How are you doing?

Sycksgirlsfv Enjoy your trip---the road trip sounds fun too! I hope you get a happy number on the scale tomorrow. WTG on 158 and flat belly

CoolMom on sticking to your plan.

BW Maybe you lost inches even tho the scale isn't showing it today. Funny how that happens sometimes on slo scale days.
Here is Wikipedia on origin of by Hook or By Crook https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/By_hook_or_by_crook
I used to have a book by Isaac Asimov, the science fiction writer. He wrote on many other subjects, incl. Asimov's Guide to the Bible https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asimov...e_to_the_Bible (2 vols., Old & New Testaments). He talks about name origins a lot. Very readable. (His popular science books got me over my terror of chemistry).

So what's running in that head of yours re vacation, enquiring minds want to know ? Aren't you about due for one? Retired people need them too

Hip is doing so much better, thanks! I want to get back my range of motion and that will take time. It's really made me aware of breathing & posture, so that's a bonus. No cookout, was gonna drive to the Sierras and bailed. A dear friend just lost her husband and I will spend time with her tomorrow, so glad I stayed home.

Avatar is Tumacacori, AZ, I think it's the oldest Spanish colonial mission in NA, and quite beautiful. On land of Tohono O'odham people. I stopped there because there was a national park sign & I wanted to buy the senior pass. Didn't realize it was mindblowingly beautiful mission with a lot of history, and had never heard of the tribe. I'm going back this summer to spend time on their lands.

Misti Hope you enjoy a good night's sleep!

Today cals 1437
B cabbage fritatta, coffee & cashew milk 244
L chicken salad (chicken breast, celery, red onion, toasted almonds, 0-cal mayo, Dijon mustard 496
D zoodles with ground turkey marinara and tofu masquerading as crumbled feta. 380
S cheese toasted baguette--these things are skinny, guessing 300, carrot, cucumber, Cold Brew coffee

Last edited by Sundove; 07-03-2016 at 10:24 PM.
Old 07-03-2016, 10:39 PM   #60  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

HI Everyone!

The church service, fellowship, and fireworks were awesome. A really nice and fun evening all around.

Re the wedding foods. It was a very Southern affair. They had koozies for everyone at the bar area. On one side it it had their names and date, etc. On the other side it showed a deer in cross hairs and said "the hunt is over". Meaning they found each other and no longer on the hunt for someone. Again, a Southern thing. There was a huge balcony area with a view of the USS Yorktown. We have a local baseball team and they have fireworks after their home games. So, when the game was over there were fireworks. They had pictures taken with the fireworks. So, the scenery was beautiful.

Breakfast (330 Calories + coffee)
spritz olive oil in pan
XL egg 80 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
300g. Mediterranean Blend Veggies 90 calories
14 g. Organic Valley feta cheese 30 calories
1 T. tomato paste 10 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/sugar/stevia blend and cream

Dinner
salad w/ranch
dinner bread