Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2003, 10:31 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 160/158/125

Height: 5'4"

Default Stay At Home Moms #80

Welcome to a thread full of laughter and encouragment. Feel free to join in all new posters and regular posters too. As we support eachother in family matters and dieting.
Old 08-18-2003, 10:41 AM   #2  
burned out bus driver

Good morning!!!!
Well, Michele, I guess you are in the process of leaving a post- thanks for starting a new thread. Guess my obsession with short threads is catching.....

Hope that everyone had a good weekend!
I got a walk in this am-50 minutes. The weather is nice and cool here for August - at 7 am it was still in the high 50's- felt sort of like September (I like September weather much better!). It is with mixed emotions that I face this week. This is really the last week of summer vacation for us (we will be at the shore next week, and I am not too excited about that) and I wanted to get so much more done this summer. That week of jury duty really hurt......I am happy and sad at the same time that the kids will be back to school. Hard to believe that it is Dd's senior year too and Ds will be in high school. Golly how the time flies....... (Spryng- your last post touched on that too).
Well, I had better go. Got a busy week this week and lots to do each day (mostly errands). Have a great day.
Ginny
Old 08-18-2003, 10:42 AM   #3  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

GOOD MORNING!!

WI this morning was great! I am down 4 more pounds for a total of 8.5 in 2 weeks. I am starting to realize that I am one of those people who has a higher metabolic resistance.. so I will lose weight a little slower than most on atkins. but hey, if I can loose 10 pounds a month.. I will be thrilled!

I dont have a whole lot of time this morning. I have to leave in about 45 minutes to stop by church to pick up the key to the hall for the Daisy parent Meeting, then to Michaels to pick up a small memory book, then on to the grocery store to get some stuff for lunch. All this has to be done before 10:30 so that we can be back in time for DS's Best friend to come for a play date! he will be here until 2:30 then I have to take DD to dance, but together my packets for The meeting and then off to the meeting! ..SHeesh!

Last night I went to a Stampin' Up party! I had the best time! I ordered some stamps that look like crocheted snowflakes that I want to use for my Christmas treats for customers! I am so excited! One of the other reason's I want to go to Michaels!

I will try to check in later.. but if not, I will definately chat with you all in the morning tomorrow!

HUGS!
Old 08-18-2003, 10:53 AM   #4  

Good Morning gals!!!!! I'm home! We had a great time too. The kids spent a night with their Mam-maw and Hoss got to do some catching up with some old friends. I just kinda lurked around the first night and rested. Then we headed to MD to visit more family which was fantastic. More great food than I could have ever imagined and lots of wonderful loving people. It was a perfect trip. I'm so glad to be home tho. "There's no place like home"
The girls are busy doing their lessons already and Hoss is in the field so I've got a few minutes to try and plan my day. And catch up with you gals.

Wow Mel so wonderful for you to name her after your mother. what a great honor! Hang in there hon I'm keeping you in my prayers!

Spryng, you certianly are successful in your diets. I was reading what you said too about "fianlly..." BAH! I stand with Ginny on that one. You were 10# away before you got pregnant. And a huge WTG on the 7# loss. Like ya said tho make sure you are getting enough since your appitite is gone. Oh and are you taking a multi-vitamin??

Karen that recipe sounds great. I'm going to pass it along to my momma and auntie. They are both Low carbers. And with tons of success too.

Ginny where in nc are you all going? I hope ya have a great time hon. And i'm so proud of you and the chocolate cake incident!!! GJ!!!

Ok I need to get dressed and get the beds made Have a great OP day!!!
Old 08-18-2003, 11:06 AM   #5  
soontobethin

Hello ladies.
The only word to describe the weather here is HOT! Its suppossed to be 100 here today, under a heat advisory cause of the heat index. I only mention this because it seems most of you are having nice weather.
MIL was here for 4 days and spoiled my boys rotten. Bought them toys and clothes, etc. She was better this time than she usually is. But now she is gone, and we can get back to normal here.
My oldest ds got three mosquito bites on wednesday of last week. He woke up thursday, and his leg was swollen and infected. Took him to the dr, and found out ds has/will have a hyper reaction to bug bites. Great. Just means that his bug bites will swell up a little bit, and just have to keep an eye on them. To top it off, we had to spend a small fortune on his antibiotics for these dang bites.
Anyway, I have worked up to running up and down my stairs thirty times. It is quite the workout. I have been watching what I eat. It was hard on thurs. MIL took us to KFC all you can eat, but i just had a salad and a chicken breast that I took the skin off of. Sounds like every one did well on their diet this week. Talk to all of you later.
Old 08-18-2003, 11:07 AM   #6  
burned out bus driver

Well, I was still lurking online and could not resist to say hi to Karen and Michele.
Karen- you crack me up......right there with Spryng!!!!! On Atkins for 2 weeks - losing 8+ # and hoping for 10 # a month!!!!! Aren't you already almost there!!! I am proud of you! Hope that you are feeling strong today- just try not to overdo it. Sounds like you have a busy day on tap.

Michele- I am glad you are home too!!!! Glad that you had a good time too.

Gotta go. Dd is waiting for the computer.
Ginny
Old 08-18-2003, 11:59 AM   #7  
hangin' in there...

Hi girls!!! I have missed a few days, but it feels like forever!!! I have been saddled with sick kids here (the dreaded coxsackie virus + ear infections!) and I worked all weekend. I sorta fell off the eating-well wagon, but I am back on track now. And I will really try to get a work-out in this afternoon, too.

Congrats to Spryng and Karen on the weigh losses... WTG!!! You guys are doing great!

Ginny, I hope you have a good trip, even though you are not looking forward to it. I know what you mean about back to school. I am looking forward to the kids going so I have alone time with my little guy, but I feel like we didn't get to do so much of what I wanted. But, I think they had a good summer, anyway.

OK, I gotta make lunch for the kids, and I haven't even showered yet! Everyone else, I am thinking of you, even though I didn't mention you personally. I hope everyone is well!
Old 08-18-2003, 12:32 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good morning all!
WTG Karen on your loss for the week! Are you going to stick to induction or add 5 carbs this week? When I'm done with my two week induction on satuday I plan to just continue it and just add more variety.
Well I would love to get personal but I don't have time. Ginny? Have you heard anything from Jackie? Is she still on her trip? Boy I miss her!
I'll chat with you all later!
Old 08-18-2003, 05:08 PM   #9  
burned out bus driver

Hi!
Just a short hello. Came online to check email for Dh.

Jen- welcome back! Sorry to hear about the cocksackie and ear infections....oh, both can be so uncomfortable. Keep your chin up- and congrats for getting back on track. That can be so hard to do with a sick family. Hope that you get that workout in too!

Spryng- no, I have not heard from Jackie. I did email her to see if she was ok. From the sound of her last post she was just having a great summer and really busy. I am happy for her if that is all there is.

Did some stress eating this afternoon......just some baked tortillas but I can feel the salt already. And tomorrow I am going for WI too. (one day early, as Wednesday will be busy). That was dumb. Things are getting hectic here.....and tomorrow is route selection....oh, I hope that works out ok. BTW, Michele asked (I think) where in NC we are going- South Nags Head, on the Outer Banks. So, if some nasty hurricane slams into Cape Hatteras next week........think of me as we will only be a few short miles north of that . We have been lucky in previous years, and hurricanes have been out in the Atlantic while we were there, closing the beach for swimming- but other than that the weather was fine. I hope, for Dh that it is good, he is looking foward to some (or should I say a lot)of fishing.
Gotta go bring in the wash and get dinner finished.
Have a great nite!
Ginny
Old 08-19-2003, 12:27 PM   #10  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

Good morning!

I had so much fun last night at our Parent's meeting for our Daisy Troop! We have a full troop 14 girls.. we max out at 15 so we have wiggle room for one more girl.

Today is grocery shopping day! I need to stock up! Even Dh and the kids are complaining that there isnt any food in the house .. well, there is chicken, fish and salmon... lots of tuna too! lol!

Spryng - I am going to stick with just the 20 carbs right now. I am planning to start adding some fruit this week. I miss it. but other than that, I want to stay at the 20 carbs. at least through october.. I am hoping for 30 pounds gone by then

Ginny - LOL, I know, I laugh at myself too. THis is the most I have ever lost in 2 weeks on ANY diet. But sometimes you read about those gals that lose 15 pounds in 15 days on Atkins and it really makes you feel bad. But the cool thing is that I know I am losing inches. my clothes are a lot looser! But I am holding out for the 20 pound mark before I do any shopping. I dont want to get new clothes too soon and then have to replace them again too quickly! lol!

I hope route selection goes well today.. and I hope you show a loss. That salt is my worse enemy too!

Jen - I am sorry your kids are sick! that isnt fun is it? Tis the season though around here. As soon as September starts, my kids bring everything home. And I am the one who gets it all. I better stock up on my echinacia now! LOL!

Ok.. I better run.. I have lots to do today! But I will be around. I have lots of computer work to do today too!

Hugs to everyone!
Old 08-19-2003, 01:25 PM   #11  
burned out bus driver

Hi!
Karen- glad that you had such a good turnout for your Daisy meeting. (I am debating helping out with Pioneer Girls at our church this year...same principle) I am sure with all your crafting experience - someone such as yourself who crochets so beautifully must craft well too!- are an asset to any organization like that. Not that it is all about crafting, but any ability to hands on craft does help. Hope that you made some wise choices at the grocery store. I am sure that you did. The feeling of clothes getting too big is great, isn't it? (not to rub it in to our pregnant friends!) I am so happy for you and your weight loss. BTW, as I am not all that familiar with Atkins, are you supposed to lose at the same rate for the whole diet? I know with WW they promise 1 to 2 pounds a week.....nothing earth shattering......but I can't see myself without carbs either. You should be at your 30# goal in no time!

Well- to sum up my day......I am so thankful and feel blessed by the Lord. I got my route back!!!!!!! If I gotta work...and with college around the corner and 3 Christian school tuitions I must- then He worked out the best thing for me. My route does not have the most hours- and runs a bit longer in the afternoon than most- but the kids and their families are, for the most part- great.
Plus- did I mention about a month ago an aquaintance being killed in a horrible biking accident? Well, she has 3 children (two older) and a 7 year old who is on my bus. After her death- well, I really kind of felt that maybe the Lord would want me back on that route for this little boy's sake- as I know him from last year, knew his mama etc...... Maybe I can be of some comfort to make his life a wee bit easier. He will need all the love he can get. So I am thrilled......and can also drive my own Dd to school - and still have mid day off to help out at school with lunch monitor etc......What a relief!
Well, I have bored you enough. Going out for another walk (shortie) to bring be up to 4.5 miles today. See ya later!!!!!!
Have a great day.
Ginny
Old 08-19-2003, 02:10 PM   #12  

Good afternoon all!
Karen, alot of people like to add back some fruits. I'm one of those who don't miss fruits. When I start adding things back it will be after I start my maintenance phase, because then we can add back some breads and pastas and that is what I will miss. Right now I don't miss anything.. I am just really focused on getting this weight off and back into my size 8 jeans again. I can't wait to hit my goal weight and go shopping!!
Ginny, I am so glad you got your route back! Oh and to answer your question to Karen, no, you won't keep losing at the high rate she and I have been losing at. The first two weeks on atkins you will lose the most and fastest. Because most of it is water and your body flushing out glycogen. Then after two weeks most will only lose between 1-3 lbs a week. You can lose more if you have a low metabolic resistance and exericse alot, but most of us lose 1-3 lbs a week. You have been doing great on your walks. Good for you!
My day is going on as usual. I really need to increase my water but just can't seem to get enough in lately. But other than that I am doing great. We are having butterfly porkchops tonight for dinner and I'll probably have mine in a great big salad. I've never been much of a salad eater but lately I've really been enjoying it. I use the store bagged salads and add boiled egg, cheese, sometimes real bacon bits, my dressing and then some sort of meat to top it with, like sliced chicken or fish, etc. It makes for a very large meal with hardly any carbs so maybe that's why I love it so much.
Tanner is 8 weeks old today. Time is flying so fast. He is laughing all the time, sleeping like a champ, and napping well. I can't believe I've had three great babies. I've never had one with any problems, no colic, no food allergies, etc. I'm counting my blessings right now. I sure love'em to death. Oh and my ds (2 1/2 ) is now potty training. Today is day 2 for him. He's doing really well. Only a couple of accidents a day and he goes on the "big potty" not a potty chair. He thinks that because his big sister goes on the big potty than the potty chair isn't good enough for him, lol. But I'm for whatever works.
So that is my life right now, it's kind of busy at times but when they are all sleeping, like now.. it's just fine
Gotta go! TTYL
Old 08-19-2003, 02:14 PM   #13  

Oh, I forgot to ask Ginny how did your WI go today? What was the meeting about?
And I'm thinking about you Mel. I hope everything is going well with you. Only 6 more days until your little one will be in your arms! unless of course you have already had her, but since we haven't heard anything I'm assuming she is still safe and snug within you.
ok, I really am getting off here now. TTYL.
Old 08-19-2003, 02:20 PM   #14  

Glad to hear you got you route back Ginny! Congrats to Spryng and Karen on being big losers!!! Sorry to hear about your sick kids Jen. Hope they are feeling better soon.
I'm just posting quick. I had a full morning grocery shopping hair cuts and dental appts with the kids. I'm really frazzeled. They can get my nerve all waded up on days like today. So I tucked the all into bed and pray they are tuckered long enough for a nap. I'll check back soon tho. Hope you all are having a great OP day!
Old 08-19-2003, 04:21 PM   #15  
One day at a time.

Hi ladies,

I'm still around, and still waiting!

Yes Spryng, only 6 more days, and I hope they will pass quickly!!! Congratulations to you on you great losses, I can't wait to join you!

Ginny, Ds started back to school today, but I talked to the school and he will be able to miss on Monday to be with us at the hospital. He was so worried that he wouldn't because the have a reward program that would let him be exempt from exams if he didn't miss any days and has good grades, BUT, this year they changed it so that he can have 1 absent day and still be exempt! So, Ds is so... happy that he'll be there and, after we get home, I'll have help from Dh who's taking 2 weeks off from work!

I wish I could get more personal, but my large belly is making sitting and everything hard on me. Plus, the longer I stay up, my back spasms get worse.

I'll check back ASAP, y'all take care! TTYS
Closed Thread