Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2003, 09:35 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 198/ticker/135

Height: 5'7"

Goodmorning!

Wow.. I am already up and at 'em hard. I got my walk in, made breakfast for the kids (yogurt for me ) And spent an hour listing on my auctions.

I got all 4 pts yday

I'm going to get the kids involved in something this afternoon so I can work some more on my quilting. I have found that busy hands and busy mind keeps me from eating.. so I am staying busy!

Julie.. those workshops sound wonderful. I could never see myself belly dancing though. I have the skin/flabby thing going on around my middle and it kind of hangs in a W shape. That would definately be less than attractive! Ahhh I miss the days of flat tummy.

Faye .. I am very happy you are getting to take Thomas to see Monsters Inc on Ice. That will be so exciting for all of you. I just love doing things like that..even for myself! Also, I know you can do the 3.1 miles.. I do that 3+ times a week.. and 3 months ago I couldnt even do 1/10th of a mile without huffing and puffing. You can do it and we'll all be cheering you on!

later girls
Old 08-25-2003, 09:36 AM   #47  

Good Monday Chickies,

pts for yesterday: 1 pt for water, 1pt for exercise, and 2 program pts.

Sounds like a great mission to me Faye, I accept!! We are all going to do this....we are going to kick butt this wk!! a 5k walk? that is fabulous news!! you wil be so proud of yourself!! I am proud of you just for attempting it!! that is fantastic did you ever say which dress you picked out for the wedding? if you did I missed it. Has a date been set yet?

Mirabelly, you dancing chickie you!!! sounds like work to me!!! but also sounds like loads of fun!

Honeyrose...fabulous! all 4pts all week, well bring it on girlie, let's do it this week too

Missy, you hang in there.....I know it sounds cliche' but times like these really do make us stronger.

This is going to be a great week for me, off tomorrow and Wednesday and then off Sunday and Monday of next wk!! cant believe I will be off on a Sunday, and a holiday to boot I never get holidays off....we are planning a cookout/birthday party for Jane's neices' fiance. should be a blast!!! and I am already planning my menu will make sure there is something there for me so I can stay within my plan. Feels great to be "on track", and disciplined, and to plan ahead with "taking care of myself" in mind. I am truly blessed.

all of you chicklets have a great day, and I will ck in later
Old 08-25-2003, 11:51 AM   #48  

Bummer! It IS a 5 MILE walk not a 5K as we were originally told. The lady who e-mailed me said there would be vans for those who could not do the whole thing, but it kind of takes the neatness out of it. I don't know. I am going to wait and see what my dd says about the whole thing. I was doing it with her and Thomas.

Debbie: YOU GET A: for points.

Pam: YOU GET A: for points.

I have been an hour in the pool and 1/2 so far with the glider so I only have one more 15 minute increment to do. I want to get the downstairs cleaned today and maybe the upstairs this evening.

Talk to all you girls later.

Faye
Old 08-25-2003, 12:36 PM   #49  

Hi gals.
Just popping in while I eat lunch.

For those of you saying you have too much belly to belly dance.......I've got news for you! It's a folk dance. It's been passed down from mother to daughter to grand daughter for thousands and thousands of years. It predates the Bible! (yes, it's very likely that Jesus "belly danced". Try to get THAT picture out of your head ) It's used to ease childbirth. It's for young and old, skinny and fat........and it's inside each and every one of you, whether you know it or not! This dance is made up of natural movements that harmonize the body, mind and spirit. When you dance in this way, you feel beautiful...you ARE beautiful.......it's NOT a skinshow! (not that any of you said it was.....)

I've had 3 cesarean sections and more than enough belly for five dancers.....I weigh 238 pounds, for crying out loud!! And I'm totally addicted to Oriental dance (to call it by it's true name)

Rent a video, take a class....I guarantee it's the most fun you'll ever have working out!

There's a bellydancing thread in the exercise forum here. You might want to check it out!

Well, gotta sew. Everyone stay strong! Faye, I think you should still do the walk, even if it is 5 miles instead of 5K........you can do it! Especially if you start preparing now.

Julie
Old 08-25-2003, 03:06 PM   #50  

Afternoon Girly Girls!

Just popped in for a sec to say, I did the 2mile WATP tape to the end (without stopping), today is the first day I have done it all the way through!! The plan is to do this till 9/25 then start on the 3mile tape. Feeling

toodles girls, catch you later....oh and Mirabelly....still not sure I could belly dance or oriental dance or whatever you want to call it! who knows one day, maybe!!
Old 08-25-2003, 03:48 PM   #51  
The ever shrinking woman!

Hi ladies! making a quick hello , busy busy monday , hate it

I can't wait to go home, argh !

hope you all have a better day than I am having tho!
Old 08-25-2003, 11:50 PM   #52  

Evening girls,

Just wanted to say good night and pleasant dreams...

check in with you tomorrow am
Old 08-26-2003, 05:03 AM   #53  

WE ARE ALL OUT EXERCISING SO DON'T POST HERE. WHEN YOU ARE FINISHED WITH YOUR ROUTINE, COME TO #22!
Closed Thread