Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2003, 08:53 AM   #31  

Morning all!
4 points for yesterday!! I can't believe I made it through the whole week! Thanks to everyone for all the good vibes we've spread around. I'm going to try to keep up the momentum as long as I can.....

Sunny thought: It's sunny here...and only in the low 60's! It's supposed to be nice and cool today, which is good cuz I've got to start insulating and drywalling the big room over the garage.

I got my oldest daughter (9) a skateboard yesterday instead of school clothes. She didn't need any new clothes, and she's been such a couch potato all summer. I figured anything that gets her outside is going to improve her health and attitude (she's a major grump sometimes.........just looooves to be pensive. Probably just pre-pubecent hormones, I hope!) We have a nice level paved driveway and the road is seldom traveled, so I think she will be safe as long as she stays in the driveway. I've given her all the safety speeches, and she's fairly fearful of being injured anyway, so this should be a really good thing for her.

Anyhoo, I'm gonna go watch her.....cuz she's been practicing all morning. No Saturday TV!!! Wow, now THERE's a sunny thought!

Later babes,
Stay strong this weekend!
Julie
Old 08-23-2003, 12:02 PM   #32  

Julie:YOU GET A: for points and for the week for finishing the challenge! Way to go now just keep going!

thought from me: We are all winners in this game! We can conquer the mountain set before us and post the goal flag at the top! Continue to do what you are doing and your goal is easily within reach!

Faye
Old 08-23-2003, 06:04 PM   #33  

Good Evening Ladies,

Where is everybody on this gorgeous summer day? Not too much happening here, went to do the grocery shopping when I got off this afternoon, and then made dinner, veggies....were delish, also had a grilled pork chop, yummy:

Have not done the exercise tape today, will do it after my dinner settles a little, and I will also have to do it tomorrow to make up for Thursday...feeling strong though...despite the chaotic day at work....the last 2 days have been awful! my usual remedy for that was food (esp.junk food), but I abstained! and by the way Jane and I worked everything out, but it is so nice not to turn to food for comfort on both counts. I am eternally grateful that for today this food obsession has been taken away.

Thanks for the inspiration as usual Faye....have you made your selection for your mother of the groom dress?

Mirabelly, ahhhhhh to be anywhere it was in the low 60's would be devine!! did you get that garage cleaned out??

Crazy Grace, Satine, you girls take care of yourselves, I will ck in later on tonight!!
Old 08-23-2003, 06:15 PM   #34  
Soon-to-be Sexy Lady

I think I should be OK this weekend and should be able to stay OP. I haven't been feeling really well...it's this whole guy situation that has got me down. And what REALLY isn't helpful, is the fact that no one is really here for me right now. My best friend is "too busy" to talk to me about things, and is more concerned about her husband starting school...even though I was once there for her every crisis. My other close friend lives an hour away and just gives me the "get over it" speech, as does everyone else. I haven't told my mom about any of this...I'm not sure why, I guess I was just afraid she'd think badly of me. Although I'm going to have to come up with some explanation if #1 breaks up with me tonight and doesn't want to go to Ireland with me. He said he'd call around dinner time, and it's 6 PM now, so I'm not sure what will be happening.

Sorry for going on about this...I know it doesn't pertain to weight loss or whatnot...it is just keeping me a little sane right now to just get it out.

Last night went really well for me. I broke up with #2 and he was very understanding. It was all bittersweet in that we were sad, but you could tell he was being strong for me. (Either that or I've deluded myself and he could care less) But I miss him alot...his good times were important to me. But it seems like work will be ok and it seems like we will even still be able to be friends....

Anyway, to the point...yesterday I got a point for exercise a point for water...and...I was about 200 calories over with a half roast beef/cheese sandwich and cup of cheesey noodle soup...the breakup dinner.

So, I'm not working out today, because today is my day to skip, so I'm getting my 2 points in for exercise (since today is an off day), I'm doing pitiful on water...but I'm working on it...and plan is within reach as all I've had is 160 cal for breakfast (2 cookies), an iced fudge ripple drink and a ham and cheese sandwich. So maybe about 600-700 so far for the day...leaving 600-700 for the rest of the day. Should be cake as I'm too nervous to eat.

Sunny thought? I got a shirt at the mall for $3.50! That was an accomplishment for me!
Old 08-23-2003, 06:21 PM   #35  
Soon-to-be Sexy Lady

Actually, STRIKE THAT...despite the FOUR chocolate chip cookies last nite, I AM ON PLAN! 4 POINTS FOR ME FOR FRIDAY!!!!

That is a REAL sunny thought!
Old 08-24-2003, 05:30 AM   #36  

SUNDAY: Silly Poll Sunday! Our silly poll for this week:

Have you ever lied on any documents about what your real weight is and by how much?

My poll answer is Yes, and I think the biggest lie was probably 50 lbs or so.

Missy: YOU GET A: for points. You met your challenge so you get a !

I decided to take yesterday off so I was not quite op but I did a hour in the pool, total of 27 minutes on the glider and got all my water in.

I GET A: for points.

My dd, sil and dgs are going to Nashville this next week for his work for a couple days and so they wanted to borrow our portable dvd player that works in the car for Thomas. Since we needed to go to the bank we dropped it off. Tom and Jack were outside talking and dd and I were in the living room trying to talk around the T terror. PREFACE When my ds called me about getting married he asked me if his sister was mad because he hadn't talked to her would I have her call or e-mail him so I sent her an e-mail telling her he would like to hear from her.) So, with that being said, I ask her if she had talked to her brother. She looked thunderstruck and didn't speak! I said you know something don't you? She said yes but she couldn't tell me she had promised. We got into this Lucy/Ethel routine about the wedding until she said, JUST TELL ME WHAT YOU KNOW! I WON'T TELL HIM! Well of course we both knew even though he told each of us not to tell the other. For a 30 year old man, he is such a little boy! She said she was shocked and I said so were we. So now we are all excited about the whole thing together and I DON'T STILL HAVE TO KEEP IT A SECRET FROM HER WHICH IS WHAT I WAS REALLY HAVING TROUBLE WITH!

Well, ladies gotta go.

Faye
Old 08-24-2003, 09:08 AM   #37  

Morning Ladies!
Well, it dang near frosted last night!!!! When I woke up it was 40 degrees in the sun.....it's supposed to warm up some today, but I hope the cool trend lasts and it actually is the start of fall. Fall is my absolute FAVORITE season.

Yesterday dh and I spent all morning insulating 1/2 of the big room over the garage. We still have to finish the insulation and drywall and then paint, carpet and we'll finally be able to finish unpacking all the boxes of sewing/craft stuff. That will probably still take a couple of months, because our weekends are pretty busy.

SO, I did get my exercise and water......but we went to a bbq at a friend's house and I ate way too much meat. 2 hamburgers, and a turkey kielbasa, plus some pasta salad. I was conscious of what I was doing and decided not to worry about it. I'm back OP today, and I have fighter practice this afternoon, so I should be 4 points for today.

Missy: I feel for you honey! Please don't feel badly about spilling your troubles here. We're all supportive of each other in our whole lives, not just "weight loss". Yoiu can't really separate the two can you? I mean, everything we do and feel effects how we eat and what choices we make....it's all interconnected. So, stay strong and focus on the long term goal. Realize that it takes alot of hard work to keep a relationship going! I've been married for nearly 12 years, longer than my parents were, and I love dh more everyday. But sometimes.........we just have to hang on through the bumpy parts in the road! You'll make it through all this, I know it! Big for you!

Well, gotta sew!
Julie
Old 08-24-2003, 09:45 AM   #38  

Good Morning All,

pts for yesterday: 1 pt for water, 1 for exercise and 2 program pts

Julie, 40 this morning, I am coming to your house!! I would absolutely love it!! It is in the 80's here, and foggy and thick with humidity!! sounds marvelous there

Faye, hello friend and mentor..........as for the poll, yes I have done the thing with telling the "untruth" about my weight. My drivers license says 300 (I just got them renewed the other day, I wasnt even 300 4 yrs ago! but now I am getting a little closer to that weight!! 326.3 and counting down, so by the time I renew them in 2007 I will be 130 ish!! ) I MEAN IT, I WILL BE!! THAT GIVES ME MORE THAN ENOUGH TIME, actually I hope to be in 2005! that is certainly attainable. But that is the only thing I lied on, the old D.L, but of course anyone could look at me and tell differently!l

Missy, I am sure breaking it off with #2 was heartbreaking, and sounds like you did some real soul-searching and made the best choice for you. That takes courage, I am proud of you. Those of us that have "compulsive overeating" issues, do not normally make healthy choices in other aspects of our life either, the "disease": and I liken it to that of an alcoholic or drug addict,
robs us of our "senses", and our lives tend to spiral out of control, some of us kept it in check, but with me it progressed to the point of "not wanting to live", (a couple of times, I just really did not care anymore, couldn't care anymore), each good thing we put into our mouth and each negative thought we replace with a positive affirmation, just makes us stronger when it comes to doing the "next right" thing. This choice you made for yourself, and your decision to focus on man #1, is a big step, and a couragious one!! you go girl!! all of your "moons and stars are coming into alignment"....you are achieving a balance, something I am trying to attain in my life....I say to you!

Tonya, crazy grace, Satine, where are you chicklets!!

sw 356/June 5th/Aug 7th 331.4/Aug 23 326.3
next goal: 30 lbs bu 12/31
next goal: lose 50 lbs
final goal: 130ish
Old 08-24-2003, 02:46 PM   #39  

Pam: YOU GET A: and you are a for completing the challenge!

Ok here are the long range and short range challenges. I know that the Aug 31 one hasn't ended yet, but it gives you a leg up for the next one.

Long range goal: 30 lbs by Dec 31st. That is less than 2 lbs a week and you can do it. I saw what you all did last week.

Short challenge: Exercise 4 days this coming week for AT LEAST 45 minutes if you have been doing it fairly regular and 30 minutes if you are just beginning! I am issuing a special smiley aside from your daily one for each day you exercise! Let's really try and accomplish this girls and get into a good exercise routine. This is less than what health experts recommend and I know you can do this. The desire to get fit is within our hearts because you all worked so very hard last week!

Faye (I will post the new challenges on the beginning post when we go to the next thread)
Old 08-24-2003, 05:07 PM   #40  
Soon-to-be Sexy Lady

Well I for one must say thank you to faye for spurring us on this past week. I was amazed at what I managed to do. Yesterday was a little odd, as all I ate was 2 cookies and a ham sandwich...but I did manage to stay OP then. I got 3 points yesterday as I neglected to do my water as I should have (AND needed it with all the crying ) BUT, I am feeling better today. Went to the gym, did 30 min of cardio, which was rough of course, but, it was worth it. AND, I'm down to 144....though I'm NOT counting my chickens yet...I'm counting that as "sadness fasting" weight loss. In that I've been so upset to eat the past few days, so...I just pray it doesn't all pile back on once I start eating normally. But if it DOESN"t...whoo boy, look out, I may actualy make the challenge!

Anyway, thank you all so much for your sunny thoughts fo rme. They really carried me through.

I know I have a long way to go in life, but with friends like you guys, it makes it just a little bit easier and doesn't make me feel so alone. I'm so proud of us all for staying so on plan last week. It must be faye's brilliant leadership skills!

I'm up for the short challenge for next week...it SHOULDN't be a problem. but who can say.
Old 08-24-2003, 05:50 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 198/ticker/135

Height: 5'7"

HI everyone!

gosh weekends are always so busy for me and today was just a beautiful day in the mid 70s and sunny. i couldnt bear to stay inside!

I am doing well OP and got 4 pts yesterday. So I made it thru the whole week.

Weigh in - I am still at 146. No complaints though. I seem to lose weight very slowly. I picked up some of the One a Day Weight Smart vitamins I have been hearing so much about. I had to go to 3 stores to find them!

Today I had a light yogurt with some granola in it for breakfast
lunch was half a healthy choice turkey breast sandwich with lettuce and tomato only, and dinner.. I havent decided yet. I am thinking Baked potato -loaded with healthy stuff.

I never have more than a minute to visit.. but I want you girls to know I am thinking of all of you and cheering you on! I am working like crazy from home and also quilting in every spare minute I have. Fall and winter are right around the corner.. so I am in the quilting mode

Catch you laterzzzzzzz
Old 08-25-2003, 06:55 AM   #42  

MONDAY: Today is Mission Monday. Our mission this week should coordinate with our challenge. Try and find a time to work on your exercise for the week. I guarantee that a regular exercise routine will help improve you greatly!

Debbie: YOU GET A: for points. You are doing marvelously.

Don't slack up ladies just because our challenge is over. Continue to try hard to stay within your 4 points for the week. I had a weekend of kind of sloppy eating but I am up to getting in my four everyday this week again. Have to reach my personal challenge the end of next month!

I guess dh and I are going to get tickets and take Thomas to Monsters Inc on Ice next month. These tickets are $45 apiece! Even for a little kid. Plus they charge you some extra B$%^&*() that amounts to $5.50 apiece so these tickets are costing us $152 for just the three of us! The thing is, I desperately want to take him because she never lets us take him to stuff like that or even offers. Either they or her mil takes him to everything. Story behind this is brother is getting married and she is stupidly afraid and threatened by it. DH and I talked for many many months about this and have always maintained that once she found out ds was getting married, miraculously we would get dgs more often and as God is my witness, after being over there Sat afternoon and finding out she knew, I got an e-mail asking me to 1-babysit for him and 2-would be like to take him to this ice show! So we are really looking forward to it even if it puts us in the poorhouse!

Check in later

Faye
Old 08-25-2003, 08:33 AM   #43  

Good Morning everyone!
This is going to be a very busy week for me, so I may not be posting as much. In the belly dance world (yes, there is a belly dance world ) we have these weekend long workshops with the REALLY great teachers from around the world. We do this mainly because it is often difficult to get really good training. So, anyway, there's a lady named Amaya coming all the way from New Mexico to teach us all this weekend. I've taken workshops from her before and I KNOW I'm gonna get my hiney whoooped. We take class all day Saturday (9 to 4), then get dinner and perform in a show saturday night (should get out around 11), then do it all over again Sunday. It's grueling, but so worth it. Amaya is an expert in a flamenco-ish form of dance, so we're going to learn skirt work and fan work.......should be a blast.

But, before all that.....I have to sew costumes, and build a show set, and set up the set, and then tear down the set......oh, and somewhere in there I need to rehearse! Plus, the kids start school on Wed! woo hooo

Ok, so I need to get sewing.....I got 4 points yesterday. Fought pretty well at practice, but my body is very sore today. Dancing should work out the kinks tonight.

I'm up for the short challenge. Though all my exercise this week will be devoted to rehearsing.....if I push too hard, I'll be totally pooped on Sat.

Later babes,
Julie
Old 08-25-2003, 09:02 AM   #44  

Julie: YOU GET A: for points. Exercise is exercise whatever form it comes in! I can just imagine me belly dancing. My belly would continue to dance 2 hours after the rest of me stopped! It is becoming one ugly sight. It not only is sagging badly, but is developing a V in the middle, but I ain't a complainin' cause it means out goes the fat!

Our power went out for about 1/2 hour and it is really hot and sticky here so genius that I am got on my glider and started working out! WHEW! I only do 15 minutes at a time, but I got 45 total minutes in yesterday and hope to do the same AND a pool workout if the pool is opened today. It was closed all day yesterday for some reason. Maybe I sweat off a lb or two!

Did I tell you I am going to do a 5K walk in October? I have never walked a total of 3.1 miles, but I know I can do it! I just want my dh standing at the finish line with a camera! That will be one nice goal to achieve when only 8 months ago I could barely drag my butt 1/2 mile. Maybe I should get spandex to wear No, that is too horrible even for me to consider.

Have a great day ladies!

Faye
Old 08-25-2003, 09:33 AM   #45  
Soon-to-be Sexy Lady

Well I got 4 points for yesterday and did a little exercising to make up for the fact that I didn't on Saturday (even though it's a day off). It's amazing what one weekend of trauma will do for a diet...seemed to have lost a few pounds, but I'm not bragging it up until later in the week when I see for sure I'm not just dealing with that fake weight loss.

Anyway, going to the gym tonight to start a new exercise routine...that should be interesting as I share with a man what flabby parts of my body I need to work out.

Boy update: I am broken up with #2...but I still love him, which is making things really hard for me. I am going to try to work th ings out with #1, but I am worried that th ings between us won't work because he won't be able to get past the breech of trust and b/c I'm questioning whether or not romantic tings between us will still work, but that's basically b/c I haven't been intimate with him for 2 years. So we'll see I guess.

Anyway, that's all for now, I'll check in later.
Closed Thread