Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2016, 08:27 PM   #106  

S/C/G: 408/355/150

Height: 5'4

Hi everyone. I am somewhat new around here, well not new but I mainly lurk and sometimes post in 300+. I feel like I am at the end of my rope and I need an outlet, someplace to be accountable and maybe even get a little support.

A little bit about me, I am 34, recently tipped the scales at 405, which is my rock bottom. I need to fight to save my life now. You all are such motivation and I look forward to getting to know you all. I am committed to reaching my goals this time around and I know I can, last year I lost 45 pounds in the span of 5 months so I know it is doable. It's just hard to focus on losing weight when I have so much to lose, so I am trying to force myself to think of the task at hand as a bunch of smaller tasks instead of one giant one.

Today was a somewhat bad day but I did manage to get some exercise in, although not as much as I wanted, but still something, which is better than nothing. I know it will get easier as I go on. One day at a time.
Old 04-06-2016, 09:28 PM   #107  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

I just finished watching Survivor. I still need to do some stuff before bed. I have read all the posts, but this will be a quick one for me.

Belovedwarrior I never knew Ona's real name. Of course I had all the info at one time but deleted it. I can get the info, but haven't done it. All of that was during a really rough time for me. I have really worked my way through all of that.

Jags Hi and welcome to the check-in. My high was 400 too. Take one day at a time. If one day is too much, take one meal, one hour, whatever it takes. Great job on the exercise. Your day may not have been all you wanted it to be but you did make some good choices. Build on those. Just like you said about the smaller tasks. Tweak your program, little by little as you go along to make it work for you.

Total Approx 1500 Calories +

Breakfast (405 Calories + coffee)
spritz olive oil in pan
XL egg 80 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
300g. Mediterranean Blend Veggies 90 calories
14 g. Organic Valley feta cheese 30 calories
1 piece toasted Alpine Valley organic sprouted honey wheat bread 60 calories
1 T. pumpkin butter 25 calories
coconut water 60 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (395 Calories)
Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 90 calories
2 slices Applegate Farms Black Forest Ham & lettuce 50 Calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Greek Yogurt 120 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Salad w/roasted chicken & BHF's ranch 700 calories

Exercise:
The Firm Ultimate Fat Burning Workout
Old 04-06-2016, 10:02 PM   #108  
Trying to live below 200

Kelijpa & Sundove I wanted to come back to make a comment about the meditation/affirmations. With the grieving one that I listened to, it felt like my brain was saying that I have healed to a point that it was time to move on from that focus/cd. I'm not sure if that's really the way it is or if it's scientific that that's how the brain works. But that's how it felt for me. I still find the relaxation/wellness one comforting, as well as the other ones.

I think the weight loss one would work in a similar fashion. IF, it works, you are healing yourself while listening to it. IF it works, you should get to a point that you won't need it. Or maybe you won't need it as often or to the degree you need it now. Maybe just a "tune up" per say or step down to Relaxation/Wellness, affirmations, etc.

I don't know. It sounds hokey but I absolutely don't see where any harm can come from it. Also, I was very miserable with all of the loss I had gone through. The CD seemed to help me turn that corner and to start feeling better about things. Maybe it's all a coincidence and it was time for me to heal.

With my weight, I don't think I will ever be "normal". I will just have times that I'm in better control over my situation. Does that make sense? Hopefully the CD's can help with the focus of staying in control over what could be, without that control.

WOW! That's getting pretty deep.
Old 04-06-2016, 10:10 PM   #109  

S/C/G: 400/368/250

Height: 6'

Jags: You and I are in a similar boat. I was 400 on December 1st, then lost 35 pounds (365) gained back 15 of that (380) and as of about five minutes ago in the bathroom, I'm back down 8 pounds at 372. We're not too far off in age too; I'm 26 (27 in November). For my health and sanity, I need to keep losing weight! I look forward to seeing you around the forums! <3
Old 04-06-2016, 10:21 PM   #110  

S/C/G: 408/355/150

Height: 5'4

Diana: Thank you for the welcome and words of encouragement, I need them bad.

Feverpitchfiasco : This was me, Jan 2015 384lbs, march 371 lbs, may 345lbs, august 374 pounds, now 405, so its been a roller coaster year Gotta keep pushing..... You will see me around, specially because we are so similar, it will be great to help motivate each other.

Thanks for the kind words.
Old 04-07-2016, 12:24 AM   #111  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

Welcome, Jags! Good luck with your goals.
Quote:
With my weight, I don't think I will ever be "normal". I will just have times that I'm in better control over my situation. Does that make sense?
Diana, this is exactly where I'm at. It is an overwhelming realization at times, especially when I've slipped again.

Belovedwarrior, it sounds like you are having a relaxing time. Yes, it's a new pic. I'm wearing the mystery knit-a-long cowl I made recently. We were only given a snippet of the pattern at a time and it was fun.

Calories were about 1500 to 1700 today. I did get groceries and made a menu plan.

Last edited by CoolMom75; 04-07-2016 at 12:29 AM.
Old 04-07-2016, 02:02 AM   #112  

S/C/G: 196/158/150

Height: 5' 6"

I am having a rough few days. It started with my son's birthday. We threw a party for him, and laughed the night away. It was so much fun, but there was this incredible 4 layer chocolate cake. I am such a pushover for a good cake, and unfortunately this one tasted as good as it looked. So, yes, I had a few pieces of cake. I could have just had a taste but I kept going.

It's been a really busy demanding week and I'm also taking a little business trip this weekend. It's not far, just an hour and a half away but I get tired easily when I travel. I don't know what it is, maybe not sleeping in my own bed, not having the comfort of my own kitchen and bathroom?? Lol! I will be staying in a nice hotel, so it should be kind of fun.

On the up side I got some more exercise this week. I think after this weekend, I will be able to settle back into my plan and get serious!

I have caught up and have enjoyed reading everybody's posts. I hope you all have a lovely day! I think it's going to rain here over the weekend.
Old 04-07-2016, 02:37 AM   #113  

going to try to write personals. 3 days ago I got a pop up window from microsoft saying that on April 6 they are going to install windows 10. There was no option to choose no. So true to their word, they installed windows 10 tonight. Was weird. I looked at my laptop and noticed it was installing. It didn't even prompt me. Just had a mind of its own. I would buy a mac. But the only mac I could afford is a big mac. And well, I have not been to the golden arches in decades. So windows 10 feels like Dorothy after the tornado in oz. Lots of learning curves for this almost 65 year old woman.

so, after that preface, here are the personals

Feverpitchfiasco Glad you enjoyed the salmon. I REALLY like Alaskan salmon. I could eat it every day. Re: your second post, I am so grateful that you can find support here. This is a great thread.

Coolmom great photo. Love the shawl, scarf not sure what it is called. AND you do look beautiful. Great that you were down a few ounces today. Every bit counts.

Kelijpa, will answer you again. Because the little post I made earlier was so small The mind IS a pesky thing indeed. I messed up today. Just because the weight was coming down. I seriously need some reprogramming. Should try the hypnosis. Just always shy away from psychological stuff. Which is absurd to do. Re what you wrote about the 3FC mobile site, there is an option at the bottom of the page to see full site, or something like that. It makes it the regular Vbulletin interface. Before I learned that trick I did not like posting on my ipad here

Sundove, you wrote that your calories were on the high side. For you 1060 is on the high side? I remember when I was seriously dieting, that would have actually been high for me as well. Oh how I long to get back into that groove. Rock on <3

ZCA72 oh how I wish I had the stamina to do the ZC way of life for a while. You are an inspiration!

Diana I think alcohol causes fluid retention for me. But not sure. I only drink it when I am with my mother as long as I have enough alcohol in my I am great being with her. I do love her so much. but a very long happy hour helps when I am there. I really HAVE to listen to the bellaruth weight loss recording. I have it in my favorites ( which I assume are still there after the rude win10 upgrade

Treasa Happy birthday on the 8th !! I will think of you when I am calling my brother to wish him a happy birthday then. The candle in the bunny's ear sounds interesting. FYI that is a real thing for humans. Its called candeling. It is to remove wax from ears. Its a special wax tube. Okay, I digress. Wishing you happy birthday

Novangel really glad to hear that business has picked up for you. I guess the move to a new place was successful. Yes, it sounds like you are very busy. Hope you get some rest. Re: larry, I wonder the same thing. Hope he is okay

Nicholsfamily awesome that you lost weight even during TTOM. Sorry about the phone. But I am glad that at least it works. Was it you who said that you didnt like your current phone because you prefer iphones? Hope the cravings are not as bad on Thursday.

Inkrid you continually amaze me at how healthfully you eat. Your smoothie sounds delicious

chickiechoo please do keep us updated about the pool guy. And if possible a photo would be nice. ( okay just kidding). Congrats on your loss Tuesday. LOVE the name of your swimming group "happy Hippos". Makes me happy to read it.

BelovedWarrier sounds like you had a lovely day despite the fog. congreats on the great weight loss. Impressive, to be sure

Hi Jaqs. Sorry its so difficult for you. But this is a great thread. There's just something about it that I find like "home". I hear ya when you talk about having a lot to lose. I had a lot to lose many years ago. It was daunting. But what you say is right. Smaller goals. And def. one day at a time. Together with others here, you can do it. Even if it is 2 steps forward and a step back. Hope you will post often

Magistra sorry about that layer cake. Cake happens. I know how discouraging it can get. But I am sure you will find your way back on track. This weight loss stuff is so tricky for many of us. I hope your business trip is good. and that you get to enjoy some rain.

whew lots of personals ! Lots of good people here posting

Went to the ND Naturopathic doctor today. She confirmed what the nurse said who muscle tested. The teeth thing is because of liver. For many that would be frightening. But for me it is not. Because there are so many good alternative effective things to take for it. I was prescribed 3. I am sure things will turn around soon, now that I will be taking these supplements. one is glandular. another, enzymes. the third, well the writing is too small for me to read the ingredients. But I trust my ND. She is amazing. I start taking the glandular tomorrow. That's the important one. Anyway I am so relieved that this will not require dental intervention. I do not have dental insurance. Nor would I have the money to pay for dental work. This has been going on for a while. But only recently was it traced to liver function by the alternative nurse practitioner. Then today by the ND. I feel certain they are correct. The ND has a perfect DX history with me.

I promised myself two days ago that if I got good news from the naturopath, I would reward myself with some cheat food. So I had chocolate covered salted caramel balls from the bulk section of the health food store. Calling them healthy may be an oxymoron. But at least they were organic. Then I had a few ounces of cheese. Honestly, I regret having eaten it all. But it was very good.

I hope everyone has a great Thursday

Last edited by flower123; 04-07-2016 at 02:43 AM.
Old 04-07-2016, 02:54 AM   #114  

S/C/G: 400/368/250

Height: 6'

Today has been a REALLY GOOD food day. Lunch was another salmon fillet and green beans (which was just as tasty cold as it was hot for dinner last night. <3 I adore cold salmon). After work, I took a 2.5 mile round trip walk to Target and back because my bathroom scale needed new batteries and I maaaaay have bought Star Wars. Fun fact; had I been born a guy (and had my mother not completely ix-nayed the name), I'd be Darth Vader. Like. Legit. My dad is a major SW nerd =P

Dinner is just a throw together thing because it's getting late and I wanted to eat before bed. Took a pound of ground chicken, 1 egg, bunch of curry powder, turmeric, cumin, and salt and made little patties. Then I remembered I had a couple pouches of curry simmer sauce, so I used the Far East Foods brand panang curry simmer sauce thing and threw that down over the patties. And then I added about a cup of shelled frozen edamame and covered and simmered for awhile because why not. I love edamame and hey I ate a green thing with each meal today! =P

Came in at a total of 43 net carbs which is my lowest since starting this whole low-carb thing. So I'm super happy with today, between eating well, getting in a good walk, AND buying an awesome movie (I maaaay have seen Star Wars in theatre about 4-5 times. Once with my dad, once with my sister, twice with my roomie. Maybe once on my own. I can't remember if I did or not).
Old 04-07-2016, 06:15 AM   #115  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Good morning all,

187.2, we had bean soup last night, it was yummy, but the sodium...l'm going to pack up my lunch and make my smoothie, and keep on keeping on.

Diana I believe all you said, I'm definitely going to need the weight loss one for a long time, I downloaded a couple from the site, started with relaxation, now the pollen will be coming so I'll try the allergies one, too.

Flower I was resistant to Windows 10, too, but it's not horrible, beet of luck.

Well, I better get moving , best to all
Old 04-07-2016, 07:04 AM   #116  

S/C/G: 234/179/160

novangel, I do weigh every day BUT for me now, I don't go ape like I did if it doesn't go down now I use the scale just to see where I am....and since I am right now eating big kcals. on my plan, I am basically maintaining. see one sweet thing about ZC is I never gain. I can eat so much meat in a day it is crazy and I don't gain an ounce. I am satisfied in eating of course which is wonderful. So since I found a plan that makes me happy and 'controls' me, I am fine with losing super slow now toward my goal number. I was a 'dieting monster' when it was all about the lbs. coming off, now I am in a way more relaxed mode on that

Beloved I am thrilled to see you write that retirement is GREAT and byebye to the rat race!! that is what we are going for, early retirement situation. I want to start into my more relaxed time in life at a younger age so I can really do what I want while I am still so super active.

flower, yea the last lbs are always a pain for everyone I am losing so much slower now but it is ok. since ZC is my lifestyle now, I accept the lbs will drop when they want. I don't force it anymore which is easier on my mind right now LOL

-----HI ALL
hi to anyone new...boy this thread is rocking. alot of people on it and I am reading away and enjoying hear about everyone's journey.

my best advice is if you are switching to an LC lifestyle, then just do it. to play with carby junky food if you are not into LC a long time is playing with total fire. if newer about LC, get on your plan and hold on with dear life. pony up all willpower and tips you need to make it thru cravings. carby junky good are your enemy point blank. it is all about changing to a healthy eating plan and healthy foods and every time you 'excuse or pretend' you are trying...you are just fooling yourself. you are not trying and you are pretending you are on a LC plan when you are not.
'putting' treat meals etc into your day....those might happen later down the line after you are way more LC experienced person...cause then you can get back on plan and stay there etc. When newer every time you go off plan, you are just cementing in the fact that you will make excuses to eat junkier stuff and it is ok. it is't ok if you are wanting to change you lifestyle into a healthy one. it isn't ok if you are trying to make a new pattern of eating. it isn't ok if you are needing to learn control, new meal plan, how to get thru social situations on LC plan etc. These things are only learned if YOU DO them, not 'try' to do them. What I typed is just some of my thoughts and experiences on making a big change into a new health way to eat and making it work for good. off the yo yo train forever a healthy body takes commitment. there is no magic pill or anything other than YOU keeping your decision and acting on it to change. everyone's mileage may vary on what I wrote but it is what worked for me. I did what I said I was going to do, with having to fight thru hard times on this journey and all but I was a Doer...not a Tryer.
that is what finally worked for me. duh, I knew this, I just didn't want to do it LOL but once I realized I had to DO and not 'try', it all fell into a good place for me......ok done rambling out some thoughts

2 ribeyes today

I love them and got a great price sale again. freezer is stocked.

best friends neice is getting married may 4 and we need to shop. good thing is now I get to shop for a nice outfit in a smaller size oh yea that matters to me. shopping was always a nightmare never being happy in what I saw in the mirror , but now with losing what I have I feel I am in a much 'oh so better' place with the clothes area so hopefully I can find something nice when we hit the road and hit the stores tomorrow.

alot to get done today. off to get the day rolling, everyone have a fine Thursday!!
Old 04-07-2016, 07:51 AM   #117  

Height: 5'9"

Hi Gang!

Will probably visit my DD, and you know "Life on the Road"! Will order Juices, Salads and the Low Carb or Veggie options! But will probably end up fatter!! Will let you know!!

Am currently waging war with my pants. My 14s are falling down and my 12s won't zip up. It's like my entire body got skinnier but my butt and stomach got fatter to make up for it.

Am waiting for the "WOOSH"!!!

says the !!
Old 04-07-2016, 08:02 AM   #118  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night I added on: Tamilee Webb's Total Body Stretch (seated)
This Morning: 1/2 Oxycise Level 2 workout

Calories for yesterday: 1500 +
Weigh In: 168
No Change

Have a great day!
Old 04-07-2016, 08:17 AM   #119  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZCA72 View Post

my best advice is if you are switching to an LC lifestyle, then just do it. to play with carby junky food if you are not into LC a long time is playing with total fire. if newer about LC, get on your plan and hold on with dear life. pony up all willpower and tips you need to make it thru cravings. carby junky good are your enemy point blank. it is all about changing to a healthy eating plan and healthy foods and every time you 'excuse or pretend' you are trying...you are just fooling yourself. you are not trying and you are pretending you are on a LC plan when you are not.
'putting' treat meals etc into your day....those might happen later down the line after you are way more LC experienced person...cause then you can get back on plan and stay there etc. When newer every time you go off plan, you are just cementing in the fact that you will make excuses to eat junkier stuff and it is ok. it is't ok if you are wanting to change you lifestyle into a healthy one. it isn't ok if you are trying to make a new pattern of eating. it isn't ok if you are needing to learn control, new meal plan, how to get thru social situations on LC plan etc. These things are only learned if YOU DO them, not 'try' to do them. What I typed is just some of my thoughts and experiences on making a big change into a new health way to eat and making it work for good. off the yo yo train forever a healthy body takes commitment. there is no magic pill or anything other than YOU keeping your decision and acting on it to change. everyone's mileage may vary on what I wrote but it is what worked for me. I did what I said I was going to do, with having to fight thru hard times on this journey and all but I was a Doer...not a Tryer.
that is what finally worked for me. duh, I knew this, I just didn't want to do it LOL but once I realized I had to DO and not 'try', it all fell into a good place for me......ok done rambling out some thoughts
ZCA I HAD to copy this because it really spoke to me. I realize that I am trying, not doing, and I can DO!

It reminds me of when my cardiologist told me to exercise more and I said I would try. He said "That means you won't."
Old 04-07-2016, 12:57 PM   #120  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

Mornin'

W 157.? (down about a pound, 10 pounds up from low)
B egg and stuff on toast, coffee with milk

I'm making chili today and also have chicken sausage and veg.

Sundove, the coffee sounds interesting!

Flower, hopefully your teeth feel better quickly with the supplements. I still have trouble with teeth clenching. Drives me nuts and gives me a headache.

Novangel, great to read that work is picking up for you!

Inkrid, hopefully you'll conquer those 12s soon! I was hoping to get into the next size but a little derailment made my jeans start to feel snug. Oops!

Zca72, it is inspiring that you have found your way. I hear you on the doing not trying. Tough love!
Closed Thread