Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2016, 08:12 AM   #76  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

Nicholsfamily I would avoid meditating while driving. BUT look into affirmations. They are positive words and comments that can help you make positive changes. I enjoy Belleruth, you might prefer someone else. She has one on weight loss. I also like the Relaxation and Wellness one and she has one that's just affirmations. You might be able to listen to the meditation at work and the affirmations while driving. You can listen here or buy CD's. I have bought from Amazon and her site Health Journey's

http://www.healthjourneys.com/kaiser...Loss_flash.asp
http://www.healthjourneys.com/kaiser...ness_flash.asp
http://www.healthjourneys.com/

Last night I added on: Intense Stretch from Perfect in 10 Stretch
This Morning: 1/2 Oxycise Level 2 workout

Calories for yesterday: 1500 +
Weigh In: 168.4
Down: .2

Have a great day!

Last edited by Diana3271; 04-05-2016 at 08:13 AM.
Old 04-05-2016, 08:47 AM   #77  

Height: 5'9"

It is all Cold and Icy here too, but don't take it seriously ~ Spring IS Here!

Today mixed Green Juice, Orange Juice, Coconut Water and Ice for a Green Pineapple Smoothie for Breakky!

Cocunut Water for Snack.

Grab a Juice/Green Drink Downtown.

Get my weekly illicit D&D Medium Coffee with Cream and Sugar (so I don't die)

Have leftover Avocado and Mushroom Soup for Dinner with a Juice/Coconut Water/Tea.

Legions of Bestows on All!!

Last edited by Inkrid; 04-05-2016 at 08:48 AM.
Old 04-05-2016, 09:33 AM   #78  

S/C/G: 234/179/160

Beloved, yea a 'planned cheat day' is useless. it is allowing bad behavior. it is is giving into excuses and want of an addiction etc. for me a real lifestyle change means just that...the only way I could 'give me more' was to just have a 'higher but totally controlled' carb limit for the day.
it works...you change your thinking if you give yourself limits.......free for alls I have had many, keeping my self under control was critical.

HI ALL
easy day with windy windy crazy wind out there but yard work. need to keep ahead of Mother Nature hope the wind and pollen treat me well LOL
so far so good

surf and turf later. ribeye and crab legs.

that will be it for the day. in a non hungry mode which means I eat less, one time a day...hungry is eat more, like 2-3 times a day.....but sweet thing is that my less eating means calorie deficit so hopefully that will give me a drop................but who cares? for me it has changed from losing more lbs. to just enjoying my eating menu wow, I lost the obsession with the scale and it is glorious. but believe me I was nutso on 'dieting' before and I got results, but my ZC plan now just keeps me in such a good space that I have changed so much of my attitude now.
whatever it is I love it!

have a great day all
Old 04-05-2016, 10:29 AM   #79  

S/C/G: 214/160/140

Height: 5'4

Hello Everyone! I'm back after hosting two family parties (DH's side and then mine) on back to back weekends. I did a great job not eating leftover potato salad or stuffing. Also, it turns out I've lost my taste for Milky Ways, Reese's, etc. so it was no trouble keeping away from most of the Easter chocolate. Maybe if I keep eating healthy I'll lose my taste for bread and butter. Full disclosure: I found I still like Cadbury and Lindt milk chocolate and that is what I've chosen in lieu of a birthday cake (my b'day is in a few days). Anyway Easter was a smashing success weight wise compared to Christmas, but I would like to get myself back into a lower carb way of eating - right now I'm basically in maintenance mode. I'll probably stay here for another week and then I'm going to try to really get back to lower carbs (which for me ends up meaning lower calories since refined carbs make me HUNGRY).

Nicholsfamily This time of year can be exhausting with all the sports, First Communions, and other Spring gatherings. When my boys were playing baseball, I'd have been happy just maintaining, and I wasn't even coaching (though my husband did a couple of years). I think I told you before that baseball was near torture for me - I'm glad that's in the past for my family and that my two youngest are now running track instead. I really respect and admire your dedication. Good job getting to work early to get that schoolwork done.
Sundove: Oh no! I'm hoping that some of this self discipline is becoming a habit! At least I hope my taste bud changes are permanent and that I won't be eating the Halloween candy this year.
Coolmom: I've never eaten at a French restaurant either, but I guess there'd be enough bread there that it would totally throw me off course.
Flower: The weight does seem to come off faster when you still have a lot of weight to lose. I'm back to trying to do a mile on my trampoline before breakfast.
Angie - Congrats on the loss! Sounds like you're doing awesome! Last I was really checking in you were up with bloat from Disney. Time flies and pounds fall...
Diana: Congrats on the loss! You've been doing great since vaca!
Chickie: It's always the weekends! Last year between Easter and August I was able to keep all wine and desserts to the weekend and I was still losing about a pound a month. I'm lighter now and I'm not sure that strategy will work anymore. I was thinking about still allowing wine on weekends but cutting dessert back to two days a month. We'll see...
Inkrid We actually had a little snow here this morning in Philadelphia!
ZCA- I know you're onto something with the zero carb as my hunger goes waaaaaay down when I'm only eating fat and protein and my willpower is sky high because I don't even want anything bread-y or sweet. I'm giving myself another week of maintenance eating and then I'm going back to very low carbs. I'm wondering if you're going to stay zero carb when you're in maintenance mode? I know I won't.
Kelli - do you take a yoga class or do you do it with TV? Yoga with a class is hard for me as I find the meditation aspect frustrating. I like doing yoga (and Pilates) videos. I never feel I'm doing the exercises right but my muscles scream otherwise.
feverpitch - yeah, low carb was a bit of a revelation to me too in that I'm so much less hungry even though I'm eating less calories. You've got the formula right.
catinhat - Hi! I love your screen name! Dr. Seuss is a genius!

Hello from 'Nova Nation to everyone I missed! How 'bout those Wildcats!!!!!! What a game! What a final 10 seconds!

Last edited by Treasa; 04-05-2016 at 11:17 AM.
Old 04-05-2016, 11:01 AM   #80  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

Good morning!

I snuck out of bed to eat breakfast without the puppy. Haha! He was up way earlier and already taken outside and fed.

Flower, yes, we got a little pug puppy. He's a sweetheart.

Nicholsfamily, the restaurant has small plates and we ordered 6 plates to share plus two cocktails. Oi! A buttered jalapeno muscles, duck tartare, mushroom crepes, kobe beef sliders, asparagus and chicken cordon blue. Everything but the chicken was delicious. Then I got coffee and a dessert sampler.

Yesterday, I dropped off my car to get a tow hitch put on and had to ride my bike home, and back later to pick it up. It is such a short distance and my legs were feeling it. Yikes! I need Psychgirl back here to inspire me back into longer rides.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 04-05-2016, 12:22 PM   #81  

Just one LOL...

Was about to get in car to go downtown to get Green Drink and do errands. THE DOOR WAS FROZEN SHUT!! Now I'm a strong girl and can't even remember the last time I couldn't open an iced car door!! Went around to the passenger's side, managed to open it (which was facing the sun) but barely. FINALLY pushed open the driver's side door from the inside!!

Parked in the sun (it's still 30 degrees) "warming it up" LOL!

SO had leftover Potato Soup instead. Threw some Shredded Cheddar in for my trouble.

It IS Spring! It IS Spring!! Aaarrrggghhh!

Last edited by Inkrid; 04-05-2016 at 12:24 PM.
Old 04-05-2016, 01:48 PM   #82  

Hi all
A quick post from my ipad. Today I am down in weight. I did not log in my previous day's weight. It was too depressing. So I am not sure how much I lost in the past 2 days. Suffice to say some of it was clearly water weight. I have 4.2 lbs to lose to get to my goal weight. Although goal weight is lower when I go to visit relatives. Partially because if I go there below goal, no one is too horrified when I eat like a sumo wrestler. Their restraints are very good.

I hope you all have a good day. If I wrote a strange word, please blame iPad autocorrect

Last edited by flower123; 04-05-2016 at 01:50 PM.
Old 04-05-2016, 02:51 PM   #83  

Ever had those days when you wonder if Things Are All in Your Head or if No, It's All True, You are Not Being Paranoid? LOL

So the Nicest Woman in the World (I really think/thought this) said to me at the end of a phone conversation, "I assure you this has nothing to do with your family! I'm ending this phone call now!" Background: She needed one more person for a course she was running and I couldn't give her a definitive answer concerning my son. She was all, "I'm going to cancel the course then." OK, I was talking about him for a bit, and may have been going on and on (as moms will do). Though I've never been "THAT mother".

Maybe I'm too sensitive but I was stunned.

Then my paranoid brain starts thinking of a few more jabs/slights/tones/change of conversation from the same environment/different higher up people this past week.

My DS was NOT the best kid in the world, but he did get into this great program despite himself. Not jealousy from them, but evil eye? I'm all, Do I stay clear of this place? Not mention my family again even if they ask?

Kind of cried as I thought I'd be celebrating more and I'm not one to brag ever, so ... Sorry so confusing, confused myself!

P.S. Trying not to Eat.

Last edited by Inkrid; 04-05-2016 at 02:55 PM.
Old 04-05-2016, 04:22 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 214/160/140

Height: 5'4

Oh, Inkrid, I'm sorry. Maybe she was just having a bad day? Like she was feeling put upon and didn't want to listen if it wasn't going to get her anywhere? If that's the case, she'll eventually apologize to you. I'm not excusing what she did. People who are abruptly rude like that to someone who is being nice and respectful to them (even if they don't care about what the other person is saying) have the problem. I know how it is when you have an incident like that and you run over the conversation a million times in your head, but the bottom line is, SHE is the one with the problem. It may be that she wasn't having a bad day at all, but she's simply a self centered world revolves around her kind of woman. In any event, try to let the negative experience run off your back. It sounds like she was only ever an acquaintance (as opposed to a friend) anyway. Now that you know she's prone to that sort of rude behavior, it'll be best if you can just exchange pleasantries with her but keep your distance. Life's too short to let rude people get to you.

Last edited by Treasa; 04-05-2016 at 04:24 PM.
Old 04-05-2016, 04:40 PM   #85  

That's what my DH said (he just got home). She called his cell first by mistake, abruptly said, "Sorry, wrong number, (DH's name)!" as she was trying to contact me. He says she is probably stressed because she is trying to get this course set up. And now she has to contact the handful of people who were going to take the course and tell them it's off. Very Kingdom Lost for Want of a Horse thing going on.

I was upset because I have ever known her as a lovely person. Now I know what she's like when she's stressed though!!

But I had a few other people snap at me or act a little weird this week. Have regressed back 200 years and am wearing my Greek Amulet and throwing salt in and outside our door. Kein Ayin Hora! LOL

P.S. Instead of Eating my Emotions (the usual) am having a third cup of coffee!!

Last edited by Inkrid; 04-05-2016 at 04:43 PM.
Old 04-05-2016, 10:00 PM   #86  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Flower Good job on your day. Were you able to get on the trampoline?

CoolMom Hang in there and keep trying. I bet the new French place was wonderful.

Sundove We were posting at the same time this morning. I think, if you are listening to the weight loss one until you get to maintenance, you can wean yourself off the that one. After that just listen to the affirmations from the weight loss one or even the regular affirmations cd. I listened to the grief one for a long time. I put it aside and started to focus more on the other CD's. I went back to the grief one and I can tell that I made progress and I didn't need it. In fact, it was uncomfortable to listen to it. It's like my mind knew that it didn't need it any longer and that I was OK. I have not had that same experience with the weight loss or wellness/relaxation ones. It's like you know when it's time to move on. So, what I am saying is that I think you can continue to use the weight loss one into maintenance, as long as your mind still needs it. That's my thought.

Catinhat I'm glad you found us. When it's the end of the month, look for my last post. I will put a link for the new check-in.

Feverpitchfiasco Keep tweaking your plan and making it work for you. It's all a learning process to find out what works for you. Someone else may be successful with their plan but it won't work for you. We are all different. Keep up the great work.

Kelijpa Did you exercise tonight? We have been having some warmer temps. I wish I could share with you.

Inkrid I hope the coffee was good. I need mine daily. or I WILLl die.

ZCA72 I hope the surf and turf was good. Sounds delish!

Treasa Congrats to you! Gosh, I wish I could lose my taste for chocolate/peanut butter. I won't even go into the hot romance I had with Reese's on Easter.

I hope I didn't miss anyone. Waving Hi all around! Enjoy your evening!
Old 04-05-2016, 10:02 PM   #87  
Trying to live below 200

Total Approx 1500 Calories +

Breakfast (405 Calories + coffee)
spritz olive oil in pan
XL egg 80 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
300g. Mediterranean Blend Veggies 90 calories
14 g. Organic Valley feta cheese 30 calories
1 piece toasted Alpine Valley organic sprouted honey wheat bread 60 calories
1 T. pumpkin butter 25 calories
coconut water 60 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (395 Calories)
Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 90 calories
2 slices Applegate Farms Black Forest Ham & lettuce 50 Calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Greek Yogurt 120 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Salad w/grilled salmon & BHF's ranch 700 calories

Exercise:
The Firm Hard Core Fusion w/10's
Old 04-05-2016, 11:31 PM   #88  

Angie, great job grappling with the food monster. You were masterful!

Coolmom your new pug pup is beyond cute. I bet that you will find a way back to the bike riding routine. I want a local exercise buddy. arf for the cutie pug

Sundove you did great yesterday on your calories and carbs. glad you are getting back down after last week.

catinhat nice to meet you. Glad you found the April thread

feverpitchfiasco WTG learning moderation. Working on attitudes toward self re: food. Very impressive

Kelijpa "the shot rocket". One does what they can when sinuses are acting up

Nicholsdamily wtg re: the 1.4 lb loss. You wrote "It’s always so hard to straighten out once you’ve screwed up" yes. I find that the longer it goes on, the harder it is to reign it back in.

Diana, great re the .2 loss. every ounce in the right direction is great. To answer your question, yes, I forced myself to do that trampoline after I announced here that I would. Somehow that declaration worked I wonder if I can trick myself into doing it every night by writing here that I will. You wrote about having a difficult time with death and loss. I also do. It seems much worse for me than many people I know. There's a new show about adoptees being reunited with family. OMG I need a lot of tissues for that show. And that's about lost and found. Still it gets me every time.

Inkrid I am sorry you had an encounter like that. With the woman. Sounds like she has a personal issue. No one who is kind talks to another person in such unkind ways unless they are dealing with something personally. Regardless, I am sorry you were right in the line of fire.

ZCA72 So glad that the ZC diet is working well for you. And you are less than 20 lbs from goal.

Treasa What is the exact date of your birthday? My brother's is on the 8th. Wishing you an early happy birthday.

Magistra I hope your day has been good

Hi to everyeone else who did not post in the past 24 hours

Today is the same calories as yesterday only I must admit to adding in 2 medium size apples. 4 in all. It could have been a lot worse. I had to work on not getting something worse at the market. I know that when I get back into that comfortable weight ( which is still too high) I am tempted to eat things that are bad for me.
So total for the day is about 1600 Exercise will be 15 minutes of Jogging on mini trampoline

Hoping everyone has a good Wednesday.

Last edited by flower123; 04-06-2016 at 12:20 AM.
Old 04-05-2016, 11:43 PM   #89  

S/C/G: 284/279/180

Hi friends! Have not caught up I a few days. Have done well on plan, even aftr an extremely stressful day yesterday. Nothing major, just crazy, fighting kids while I have PMS. Had to take all 3 to the bank while DH and I had to get papers notarized. Thankfully, no ice cream in the house as that is my go to stress reliever food. Everyone went to bed and I stayed up, flipping between Dancing with the Stars and the Voice. I would have devoured a pint of Ben and Jerry's for sure in one sitting. Instead, I drank my water and went to bed. The scale showed me appreciation this morning. Today was a good day, kids were awesome (and actually helpful!), then I went to work for a few hours. Got a lot accomplished. I may head back over Sunday to get a little more done before we leave town the end of next week. I promise I will do personals soon. Have a great night everyone!
Old 04-06-2016, 01:25 AM   #90  

S/C/G: 400/368/250

Height: 6'

I did a lot better today on making good decisions. Even if I did have a slice of the cake my coworker brought in lol. I bought the cake to begin with anyway, so I was having a slice dang it! We special ordered it from the bakery to use as a centerpiece for the main table at her baby shower.

Had the last of my turkey kielbasa for lunch, along with a few chunks of cheese, and some olives. Brought a banana but didn't eat it.

Dinner was some salmon that I just seared off in a skillet and steamed some green beans. Did two fillets of salmon and extra beans so that I'd have leftovers for work tomorrow. I need to eat salmon more often. Every time I do, I forget how much I love it!
Closed Thread