Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2016, 04:34 PM   #61  

Good evening everyone😉
I have survived tonight's class...hallelujah! That was hard - at one point we were told that whoever was slacking will be eaten by the lifeguard...straight away my hands were up and I was shouting for help hoping the nice young man has a big appetite!!😂 Happy hippos Sassypants!👍

I didn't weigh this morning as I had a suspicion I would be up...I know coward but just like Nicholsfamily I can be good as gold through the week but here comes w/e and that's it...I only look at the food and whop...its on me🤔

Inkrid good luck with real food👍

BelovedWarrior enjoy your wine and happy belated birthday! 🎂 I'm still trying to workout the decisions made in a hot tub...🤓

Diana and Sundove hope all is well😊

Hi and best wishes to everyone!xxx
Old 04-04-2016, 05:18 PM   #62  

Hi all
Diana, thanks for the welcome back and willpower dust. I appreciate it. congrats on the .4 loss !

Sassypants, I hear ya re the peanutbutter cups. Sorry you lost all the personals. I have had that happen a couple of times

Nicholsfamily you will figure out the whole next step of the weight loss, and maintenance process. often, its easier to navigate the weight loss when people are further away from goal.

Inkrid, your menu sounds delicious. Good luck eating real food !

BelovedWarrier Wishing you a happy belated birthday. Contratulations on the "VERY GOOD life decisous"

Chickiechooo
Good to meet you. Funny story about the lifeguard.

Wannabehealthy good to see you posting on this thread

Magistra thanks for the great words. I appreciate it. Congrats on being on plan Sunday. What a great feeling that is ( I remember ) You rock

I am writing personals only to those who posted today. But I want to say hi to everyone else Sundove, Kelijpa, CoolMom, Novangel, noshoes, feverpitchfiasco, steelslady, ZCA72, Jlynn0611, Angie, Arabellarook. Volatis and Larry who seems to not have posted this month.

I already went off my well intentioned plan for the day. I had 2 granny smith apples. To be honest, I am expereincing some trouble with my teeth on one side of my mouth. I will see the naturopath on Wednesday. But this has thrown me off balance with eating because I am not able to have salads. Somehow cut apples are easier to manage. Having much increased cravings for food. I will figure out a new-normal eating plan. I hope everyone is having a good Monday.

Last edited by flower123; 04-04-2016 at 05:19 PM.
Old 04-04-2016, 07:11 PM   #63  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Height: 5'6"

A good weigh in for me today. I've had a cold/sinus thing going on for the last week, and just got TOM, so to lose under those conditions is just short of a miracle. Last week when I was in the grocery store I had the most overwhelming craving for chips...it was like a wave of wanting washing over me - it hit me, and I started pushing the cart in that direction and rationalizing to myself why it was okay, but thankfully my sanity returned and I resisted. I didn't like it one bit, but I reminded myself how awful I feel when I cheat, and that if I'm going to cheat it should be planned and for a very special occasion...not wasted on a Friday night at home alone. I also tried to conjure up the fantastic feeling of wearing my new dress to work last week, and to picture other cute outfits I'd like to wear some day. Anyway, I made it through, which is a new thing for me...in the past I would have caved for sure, so I'm kind of proud of myself.

Diana -- I saw that you were talking about Ona. I miss her. I still have a hard time wrapping my head around her being gone. I wonder how her mom and aunt are doing, she always did so much with and for them. I always think of her when I hear about her favourite tennis player.

to the newcomers!

I've been reading everyone's posts, but I don't have the oomph to do all the personals I'd like to today.

Weighing in M/W/F at the diet clinic...
March end weight: 232.2

04/01 - 231.0 (-1.2)
04/04 - 229.2 (-0.8)

April goal: 220
Old 04-04-2016, 07:33 PM   #64  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angie View Post
Diana -- I saw that you were talking about Ona. I miss her. I still have a hard time wrapping my head around her being gone. I wonder how her mom and aunt are doing, she always did so much with and for them. I always think of her when I hear about her favourite tennis player.
Great job on fighting through those cravings.

I didn't know that you knew about her passing. I didn't want to mention any names, in case you didn't know. We have a big tennis center here and I always think about her when it gets to be that time of year. I've got my years and months mixed up, but I think she passed away right after my Mom did or maybe it was a year later. It truly rocked me when I found out. I had the link to the obit that was sent to me but I deleted it since it upset me. I wish I still had it. I don't think her family were very supportive of her weight loss success, unfortunately. I remember her last post was that she went into the hospital for a colonoscopy and testing. She came out and her post sounded like she was doing fine. It seems like she passed right after that. Do you know anything else about her passing or being sick? It has kinda bugged me ever since. It just seemed so quick and that was it. I know that's the way life is. I obviously don't deal very well with life.
Old 04-04-2016, 08:21 PM   #65  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Sundove I have seen there are some new cauliflower crusts available now.

ETA: Here's the link. Maybe Angie and others are interested, too. http://www.outeraislegourmet.com/

Noshoes HI

Flower I hope you get the teeth/tooth figured out. That can be painful.

Magistra Look at you, all on plan and walking with Leslie!

Sassypants Great job sticking to your plan this weekend!

Wannabehealthy
Hi

Nicholsfamily Hang in there. I'm sure most of the gain is from water. I mentioned previously about meditation. I think that might help relax and destress you.

Inkrid Good luck with your eating.

Belovedwarrior Your trip sounds wonderful!

Chickiechooo LOL Sounds like a fun class.

Waving Hi all around! Enjoy your evening!
Old 04-04-2016, 08:23 PM   #66  
Trying to live below 200

Total Approx 1500 Calories +

Breakfast (405 Calories + coffee)
spritz olive oil in pan
XL egg 80 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
300g. Mediterranean Blend Veggies 90 calories
14 g. Organic Valley feta cheese 30 calories
1 piece toasted Alpine Valley organic sprouted honey wheat bread 60 calories
1 T. pumpkin butter 25 calories
coconut water 60 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (395 Calories)
Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 90 calories
2 slices Applegate Farms Black Forest Ham & lettuce 50 Calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Greek Yogurt 120 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Salad w/grilled chicken & BHF's ranch 700 calories

Exercise:
The Firm Cardio Party

Last edited by Diana3271; 04-05-2016 at 10:01 PM.
Old 04-04-2016, 10:55 PM   #67  

coffee 100
Breakfast 2 apples 300
Lunch chicken sausage and vegetables soup 300
Snack Frozen PB2 and protein stuff with chocolate. Frozen 200
Dinner chicken and vegetables 280
Snack same as earlier 200
Total for day: 1320

Will do 15 minutes on jogging on mini trampoline

Last edited by flower123; 04-04-2016 at 10:55 PM.
Old 04-04-2016, 11:21 PM   #68  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

I'm clawing my way back on plan but tonight went hog wild at a new French restaurant.

Good to see Flower checking in. Waving hi to everyone!
Old 04-05-2016, 12:00 AM   #69  

Diana Thank-you for the cauli pizza link! I can't wait to try it. It's nice to see so many products that are low carb-friendly. And extra nice to have a ready made option.

flower123 Welcome back--good to see you!

Magistra Love that are you are getting the good feeling from your day. I think your avatar smile looks even brighter today.

Angie, I enjoyed reading your description of the craving experience & breakdown of the things you used to stay strong. WTG! It's so nice to get the scale reward, along with that good feeling about yourself.

BelovedWarrior Thanks for keeping us posted! I'm happy for you that you are making some good life decisions. Btw I think you should consider keeping an ice axe in your car! By me, cold is anything under 60 F. Today had a chilly breeze, but 90F is predicted for this Wed., then chance of rain 2 days later. I'm looking forward to complaining about the heat.

I've read everyone's posts but I'm pooped! And another long day is looming, so I will make this short. There is sure a lot of will power energy here today.

Today wt was up a lb to 163, no surprise after Sat late off plan meal.
Cals 942, carbs 42
B vanilla whey shake
L BBQ protein chips, fresh salsa, cucmbers
D pizza burger casserole, salad with chicken, evoo, WF blue cheese dressing
S jicama sticks, broccoli cheese muffins

'Night All

Last edited by Sundove; 04-05-2016 at 12:11 AM.
Old 04-05-2016, 12:01 AM   #70  

S/C/G: 232/226/137

Height: 5'3"

Took a few days, but I found the April post!
Old 04-05-2016, 12:54 AM   #71  

S/C/G: 400/368/250

Height: 6'

I was very good during lunch:

-3 eggs worth of egg salad (I hardboiled a bunch of eggs the other day, and these were the last 3!)
-1 no sugar added diced peach cup
-grande iced americano with sugar free mocha from Starbucks

Dinner... not so much choice wise for WHAT I ate, but whereas I would have gone whole ham on the containers, I exercised moderation. Which has ALWAYS been my downfall. I went to the grocery store with Roomie, and ended up with Safeway's beef stroganoff soup from the deli, and a pint of Ben & Jerry's (peanut butter cup fudge core!). Even a month ago, I'd have just eaten the entire container of soup and plowed through the entire pint. But I only made half the container (which is about 1.5C) and ate a few bites of ice cream while the soup was heating up (and I threw in about 4-5oz of turkey kielbasa for some added protein... =( And sodium). Only about .5C total before I capped it and put it back in the freezer.

I've been trying to do the low-carb thing. I did, somehow, manage to come in at 90 carbs today! But... I'm so not educated yet on the carbs/fiber thing. Net carbs is carbs-fiber right? According to MFP, I had 8g of fiber today, so my net carbs would be 81? Either way, I've been averaging 146 or so the last couple days, so this is still somewhat of an improvement in that area.

Overall, I'm still really excited and enthusiastic about all this. I'm making mistakes and slipping up here and there, but my mood is remaining SUPER positive! And while I'm acknowledging my mistakes, I'm also still able to acknowledge that I'm learning a lot and steadily doing better. This feels less like a 'Diet' and more like the main dictionary definition of diet; the foods one habitually eats. I'm learning to make better choices, and to forgive myself when I don't make them while acknowledging that I can and should do better.
Old 04-05-2016, 01:24 AM   #72  

coolmom loving your avatar. Did you get a new little quadruped? I hope the meal at the french restaurant was good.
Old 04-05-2016, 06:42 AM   #73  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Good morning all!

Happy April, whew, time is going by fast...although yesterday was a little slow at times, we got just enough snow to make me work from home and give me a wicked sinus headache. All better now (Flower, I used the snot rocket before bed and some nasogel worked pretty good) getting ready for work, driveway and road melted, really cold last night. C' mon spring.

185.5 this morning, LoseIt app working well, will try and get exercises, yoga in tonight.

Diana

Best to all
Old 04-05-2016, 07:44 AM   #74  

S/C/G: 215/173.2/125

Height: 5'2

Personals—
Sundove: Hope your long day goes fast!
Coolmom: I’ve never ate at a French Restaurant. Let me live through you for a minute and ask what did you eat? Lol
Flower: The trampoline can be a work out in itself. And I agree that it’s a lot easier to lose weight when your further from your goal..a person starts to get comfortable!
Diana: I’m going to try it. Maybe I can google how to meditate in a car since that’s the only time I really get any peace and quiet.
Angie: YAY for a good weigh in day!
Chickie: At one point and time I could manage my weekends. We will eventually find away too!
Beloved: Thank you for the compliment! You also look amazing in yours! I think once a person succeeds at something they sometimes feel like they no longer have a goal…and eventually self sabotage. Or maybe that’s me..sometimes I feel like stress pushes me. As crazy as that sounds.
Hey Inkrid and everyone else!!

Weigh in: 134.6 (Down 1.4)
Exercise: 20 minutes on stationary. First softball practice tonight so I may run with the girls but that will be about all the workout I get in..unless I brave the cold air on my lunch today.
Calories: 1250

About to head off to work! I usually try and get there a bit early to go through some homework since it’s quiet there. Since the kiddos are on spring break it’s a tad bit loud here and not much homework gets done by me.
I did really well yesterday considering how off plan I was during the weekend. It’s always so hard to straighten out once you’ve screwed up..
I hope everyone has a great Tuesday!
Old 04-05-2016, 07:56 AM   #75  

Hey Nicholsfamily Yay for that 1.4 down! I think your comment about self sabotaging/lacking a goal is spot on. Once i reached my weight loss goal, it became surprisingly difficult to persuade myself not to eat whatever I wanted. Once I regained almost 30 lbs, my motivation eventually returned.

I hope it quiets down for you once your kiddos are back in school. Once you get the hang of meditating, you can take moments here & there to do it, even in a bathroom stall at work. While driving, you might like to listen to affirmations. Some of us like Belleruth Naperstek. Diana posted a link to where you can download them. There are a couple on stress & relaxation. I would love to see one on weight maintenance, specifically.

https://healthy.kaiserpermanente.org...TZxmGL2IKPpI!/

Last edited by Sundove; 04-05-2016 at 08:02 AM.
Closed Thread