3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Weaning off of SUGAR,one day at a time (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/308846-weaning-off-sugar-one-day-time.html)

merowi2 03-28-2016 08:45 AM

Weaning off of SUGAR,one day at a time

I am 43yrs old and am addicted to sugar which I believe is the route of my weight loss sabotage. I welcome anyone to jump on board here with their own discussions on sugar detox one day at a time.

Inkrid 03-28-2016 10:04 AM

I would stock up with salty foods. Or an abundance of dairy. For me I need a fix to get away from a fix.

merowi2 03-28-2016 02:29 PM

I am trying to keep carbs lower as well and I retain water weight when I have too much sodium so not sure which is lesser of 2 evils.Thanks Ingrid for the advice

Inkrid 03-28-2016 02:57 PM

When I truly go crazy I reach for a spoonful of nut butter. That helps too!

guacamole 03-28-2016 06:54 PM

I have felt sooo much better since eliminating things like baked goods, chocolate, and other candies. Now that ice cream season is around the corner, I wonder if I will be able to not indulge during family outings to the local shop? My reason for cutting out sugar completely was because I realized that my intake had slowly crept up considerably without my noticing. I didn't realize how much sugar I was actually eating! My goal has been to cut it out completely, but if I knew I could develop new habits and have the occasional treat without it turning into an everyday thing, I would have sugar in moderation - I just seem to not be able to do moderation. It does seem pretty daunting to say I will never have a piece of cake again, but for now, that's what I have to say.

Dina123 03-29-2016 03:53 PM

Hello i am new here and also hooked on sugar. I find if i dont
have it near me im ok. Once i have one of whatever it is i end up eating the whole box.:(
One day at a time starts today for me again.:dizzy:

merowi2 03-29-2016 07:37 PM

Guacamole I am an all or nothing person with sugar so much that I needed to just retrain my brain to just enjoy natural sugars as fruit .I want to be able to have one piece of chocolate and that be enough.
Welcome diana123 one day at a time
Today second day at keeping sugars at bay,Lost 2lbs. Headache and mood wasn't bad at all,It feels like I am serious this time in thinking of my health first and not just the number on the scale.If I can wean off of sugar and most carbs then the weight will come down.

Dina123 03-30-2016 09:33 AM

Had a good day yesterday. Was offered candies, donuts and so forth and i kept saying no.
I went to market and got myself and family sugar free snacks .Lets see how today goes.

merowi2 03-30-2016 05:44 PM

Yeah Dina that's awesome.
Today I had 58g sugar which is right at what myfitnesspal allows and a little over carbs.This was a hard day,no real headache but felt cranky.
Had too much salt yesterday so the scale went up 2lbs which I know is water weight,going to run 2 miles tonight and drink tons of water so we shall see what scale says tomorrow.I really really want this 20lbs gone yesterday.

Dina123 03-31-2016 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by merowi2 (Post 5250333)
Yeah Dina that's awesome.
Today I had 58g sugar which is right at what myfitnesspal allows and a little over carbs.This was a hard day,no real headache but felt cranky.
Had too much salt yesterday so the scale went up 2lbs which I know is water weight,going to run 2 miles tonight and drink tons of water so we shall see what scale says tomorrow.I really really want this 20lbs gone yesterday.

Merowi2
Another day without the extra sugar. If only i could lay off the breads.
I didnt even crave the sugar but i think cause i wasn't around it. The weekends are harder for me.
How did you do today?

merowi2 03-31-2016 07:32 PM

Hi Dina
I kept my sugars right at 58g where mfp lets me .only a little over on my carbs,Today was easier.I didn't want to eat everything in site and tonight I am not craving sugar so we shall see what scale says tomorrow,.

merowi2 03-31-2016 09:09 PM

Well this evening after my first post I completely fell off the wagon and gorged on sweets,probably 1000 cals worth.
ugh will I ever get this?

Dina123 03-31-2016 11:22 PM

Merowi2
someone once told me trial and error and that always stuck with me. So you made an error by eating a lot of calories or sweets I think you said so tomorrow is a new day just start over and know that you can do it. I did pretty good today I made me a whole bunch of vegetables for the weekend. I found me this sugar-free snack so that should last for the weekend as well. I think I would rather have salty than sugar. I believe this is day 3 for me. You can do it just start over and do it. Get rid of as much sweets that are around you that you can and have other stuff to substitute it instead. Good luck..Dina

Dina123 04-02-2016 12:21 AM

merowi2,
How did you do today? It was a little harder for me today. There was a big box of candy in front of me and i thought I'll have just one.
I knew i wouldnt have just one so I walked away from it.
It wasnt easy but I did it.

merowi2 04-04-2016 08:56 AM

Good morning Dina
Great job on walking away from candy.I agree I'm an all or nothing person so I wouldn't have been able to stop at one. Big step for me is that I have not touched one piece of my kids easter candy.I made them take it to their rooms,.
Weekend went pretty well, I had a great trail run with my good friend yesterday .Thank you for your support, I am feeling much stronger to start the week.Best wishes to you for a successful sugar detox week.