Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-01-2016, 12:14 AM   #1  

Question Not losing at all - 1200 calorie and low carb

I'm so frustrated and wondering if I should be looking at possible medical issues or if I'm just doing something wrong.

In the past I have lost weight on the SBD. I decided to take that approach again. I did the PH1 2 week induction and lost .05lb. Each day I put everything I eat in My Fitness Pal. I kept clean and was also low calorie in the 1200 - 1300 range each day. No loss at all. It did help cut back my sugar cravings but nothing else. This has never happened before, I've always lost a few lbs the first week.

I decided to try to eat really clean, stay in the 1200 calorie range daily, focus on soups for dinner (homemade) and really watch the carbs. This would seem like a good way to move forward. I live in Mexico for 6 months of the year so SBD has been difficult to maintain. I'm taking many elements of it and focusing on lean protein, eggs, whole grain carbs (limited), and low fat dairy.

Now a week later and still nothing. Any thoughts?

Thanks so much!
mexigrl64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 01:10 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 220/150/140

Height: 5'6"

Hi, mg.

I don't know anything about the SBD so I really can't comment on that, but I can tell you what happened with me because it sounds very similar. I was eating really well (sounds like exactly what you're eating)... low calorie, lean protein, whole grain carbs, low fat dairy, veggies, some fruit, and soup. I never snacked, no junk food, I never drink soda or juice,... Not only was I not losing weight, I continued to gain weight. Very frustrating!

I almost completely cut out the whole grain carbs (only occasionally have a small serving of black beans & polenta, one of my favorites), completely eliminated all dairy except the small bit of 1/2 and 1/2 I put in my coffee in the morning, and eliminated the soup. So now I'm on low calorie, low carb, raw fruits & veggies, lean proteins. I have found it very easy to stay below my calorie count each day and the only carbs I'm really eating are in my fruits & veggies, and I've lost over 20-lbs in a month.

Of course, everyone's body chemistry is different so who knows, but our diets were practically identical... perhaps the same tweaks could help you? As far as medical issues go, I'd think suspect #1 would be your thyroid. Good luck, and hang in there!
NorthernLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 07:51 AM   #3  

Height: 5'9"

Hi mexgirl64,

Maybe try Raw Vegan. Only Fruits and Veggies. Surprisingly, you can thrive on this diet! I would add an Egg or some Dairy in there once a week/month. But yeah, every Body is different! Try something for a month and a half. If no improvement, try something else for a month and a half....
Inkrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 11:57 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 245/129/120

Height: 4'11

Are you measuring your food with a food scale?

I was counting calories and not losing because I was overestimating my portion sizes.

You need a food scale to succeed, even if the food is prepacked weigh it and log it.

Also it doesn't sound like you've been counting for too long so just give it time as well.

The only way to lose weight is to use more engery that you take in, so calorie counting will work if you are truly measuring how much you take in!
chel325 is offline   Reply With Quote