Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2016, 12:26 PM   #301  

Hi Guys n Gals,
Plugging along here, good days & not so good. February doldrums? Thank-you one and all for the encouragement & support. My first batch of kombucha turned too vinegary, so I am trying store bought today--best not to start an experiment on a workday, lol.

Beloved Warrior Thank-you! Keep up your great work! good on you for taking notes for maintenance. Phasing off IP reminds me of reading about spaceships entering earth's atmosphere after being in orbit. Kind of bumpy, but it can be done, and the rewards are amazing as you are already discovering, with ease of movement, less pain.

kelijpa Thanks for reminding me I still have my Bubbie's probiotic sauerkraut in th fridge--I'll throw some on my salad!

Treasa How's it going?

Nicholsfamily I think your plan is really smart. It's a big psychological switch to go from losing to maintaining.

Flower123 It sounds like you are turning that ship around. Your Friday menu looks great.

I feel like I'm trying to turn over the ignition on an old car---sputter, sputter, sputter, and then finally the engine roars to life & I'm rolling along. I'm taking this vintage car to weekly Salsa dancing class. If nothing else keeps me on track, it will be watching myself in a big wall of mirrors. Even if my weight is ok, eating whatever I want in the moment makes me sluggish and anxious.

I am back to my original low carb plan, trying to find a structure that keeps away the ravenous morning hunger and still lets the weight come down.

Wishing everyone a relaxing weekend as we march toward spring--5 more weeks!

Last edited by Sundove; 02-20-2016 at 10:41 PM.
Old 02-20-2016, 01:38 PM   #302  

just had lunch! a nice healthy salad!
Old 02-20-2016, 05:11 PM   #303  
my 1st baby "Pepe le Pew"

S/C/G: 276.8/272.2/health

Height: 5' 4"

HAPPY SATURDAY!

Angie! 12 POUNDS!! Awesome --- WTG! I see you weigh in at a clinic. Can I ask what plan are you on? Thank you for the definition of NSV. That being said – I had a challenge last night. A friend and I were going out for fish (this is Wisconsin – we have Fish Fries ever Friday). The place I’d “planned” to go to had nowhere to park, so I can only image what the wait would be … and it was only 4:45 pm! So we went to a different “unplanned” restaurant. Oh… to watch the hamburgers and fried fish and onion rings and CRACKERS --- go by! Well, it was certainly challenging my mental state. HOWEVER, I had my big A - - Chef salad. And the lady was able to swap out the cheese for another boiled egg!! Yeah me!! I had my own dressing with me. It all worked!

Flower – THANK YOU! And, thank you for the info on PB2. Is PB2 the brand name? I hope that you didn’t lose any electricity and that your weather mellows. OH... BTW -- I love you new avatar.

Sundove – I’m sending you a bunch of --- ENJOY!!!

MOnty – I hope all is well

Everyone have a terrific weekend

Last edited by BelovedWarrior; 02-20-2016 at 05:14 PM.
Old 02-20-2016, 07:52 PM   #304  

i'm having a good weekend. going to see race tomorrow!
Old 02-20-2016, 09:15 PM   #305  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

Quick post for now. I need to do the dishes and clean the kitchen. I will try to come back later.

Total Approx 1300 calories +

Breakfast (250 calories)
coffee w/cream & sugar
Organic valley vanilla shake 190 calories
coconut water 60 calories

Lunch (400 calories)
iced coffee my usual way 50 calories
seared salmon 200 calories
sauteed veggies 50 calories
mixed fruit 100 calories

Dinner (650 calories)

Amy's mushroom risotto 240 calories
seared sea scallops 160 calories
green beans 50 calories
Vanilla Greek yogurt parfait w/blueberries 200 calories

Exercise:
KCM's Your Best Body Workout 1 w/added cardio rests w/12's
I forgot that this is a higher rep/med weight workout. I used my heavier weights. Did anyone hear me say "ouch"?

Last edited by Diana3271; 02-20-2016 at 09:25 PM.
Old 02-20-2016, 10:32 PM   #306  

S/C/G: 215/173.2/125

Height: 5'2

No personals for now. Will try to get to them tomorrow.

Weigh in this morning: 134.8
Exercise: 1 mile on treadmill/2.5 miles on exercise bike/45 minutes playing softball
Calories: 1215 (woo hoo!)

Well after trying on a ton of swimsuits today for my daughter's birthday party I got one. However, I am NOT happy with the way my body looks. You don't realize how much extra skin you have until you try on a swimsuit and look at yourself. Luckily, my husband I purchases a new exercise bike and a weight bench yesterday...in hopes of creating our own little gym. The weight bench should definately help me tighten all of these parts..but I don't know how much it's going to help with the lose skin...BLAH! Hope everyone has had an amazing Saturday. 74 degrees today at our place!! Colds coming back tomorrow but we took advantage of it!
Old 02-20-2016, 10:45 PM   #307  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Penny Chicken and dumpling soup sounds wonderful!

Flower I also like the VBulletin format and think it's a good one. I'm a member at another forum, that also uses VBulletin. They don't have as many options, maybe it's older but still very easy to use. This forum is much larger and has more traffic than the other one. I hope the weather holds out for you and isn't too bad. More chicken and dumplings, .

My Grandmother used to make the best chicken and dumplings. It could literally heal whatever ailed you. Good stuff.

Ciecie Enjoy the race. I'm glad you are having a good weekend.

Sundove Sounds like you are tweaking things and working on a plan for yourself. Keep at it. You will get it figured out.

BelovedWarrior Hi I hope you had a good day.

Nicholsfamily Some of the loose skin with tighten on it's own, over time. Weight training will also help with how the body looks.

Waving Hi all around! Enjoy your evening!
Old 02-21-2016, 04:40 AM   #308  

Hi
I read the posts. But I am on the iPad. So I will not do personals now
Saturday was Costco day. Some of the samples were really good. One very fattening. I am guessing the samples combined were 400 calories. The rest of the day I had about 1250. So the total was around 1650. Not great. Sunday I hope to keep calories down to 1300.

I hope everyone has a great Sunday.
Old 02-21-2016, 09:07 AM   #309  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night I added on: Tamilee Webb's Total Body Stretch (seated)

I am at the same weight for day 3. I guess the balance of the weight, from before Valentines is actual weight gain, which is 2 pounds.

Calories for yesterday: 1300 +
Weigh In: 166.8
No Change

Have a wonderful day!
Old 02-21-2016, 09:18 AM   #310  

going to be headed out the door to run some errands in a few minutes!
Old 02-21-2016, 09:53 AM   #311  
Warrior Princess

Diana: You're not the only one but most people do have a FB account. I keep going back and forth about deleting it. I didn't really want one in the 1st place but I got it to keep up with my husband's band stuff, but now I mainly go on to get vacation ideas, photos, and information in travel groups. I might delete it someday. It is a waste of time for the most part.

Penny: There was a time that I was very addicted to running but after about 3 years I got bored. Hopefully I get addicted to lifting...who knows.

Flower: I've had garbage washer and dryers my entire life and had this one not died (only lasted 8 years) I'd still have it. I did learn one thing and that is never again with GE products. Complete junk. All of the condo units have GE appliances and 90% have been seen down by the dock door to be disposed of. We've all had to upgrade. I love the LG but would rather not have had to spend the money. Such is life.

Sunday is my other rest day since I work open till close. I'm hoping for a good money day $$$$. Have a good day, everyone.
Old 02-21-2016, 09:59 AM   #312  

Diana It sounds like you are poised to show a net loss. I'm relieved to be in a holiday-free stretch now. That said, I do intend to celebrate daylight savings (in a non-food way)

Flower123 I'm glad you weathered the weather. I hope you are out of the winter storm season soon. Great job on accounting, and keeping the samples to a reasonable limit! Those good ones can can sure be triggering for a lot more damage--been there done that. I should probably hire someone to lead me through my Costco shopping and away from the samples.

Beloved Warrior Thank-you for the will power dust--I needed that

Nicholsfamily What Diana said--your skin can tighten for months after weight loss--I've heard up to a year. I like the idea of having your own gym so that you can always get in a workout when it fits your schedule, no matter what the weather.

Yesterday
B omelet with cabbage, protein shake in coffee
L protein chips, veggie soup
D salad with chicken
S cabbage, protein bar, protein shake in coffee, pineapple-coconut flavored kombucha
I did a lot of cooking (and tasting) Calories about 1300
Old 02-21-2016, 10:16 AM   #313  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

Last night was the Shriner Black Tie Ball. We were not told what would be served for dinner. As I thought might happen laid before me was nothing but CARBAGE . The mystery meat was buried under so much gravy as to be barely visible. So I changed and instead of partaking of that I dined instead upon total commitment to Atkins 72 Induction WOE . Carefully noticing my available choices I wisely choose the glass of water and cup of black unsweetened coffee.

I did get many questions from others seated at my table as to why I was not eating. The bottom line here is I really enjoyed the evening and socializing with new found friends. Neither my wife or I knew any of the Shriners and their Ladies that we sat with. It turns out that they were all Shrine Clowns and boy are they ever a fun loving group. Being a bit of a clown myself from time to time I fit in really well.

I overate when I got home. Zero Carbs, just too much of the allowed food.
I decided to cook and crumble some ground beef and then add the crumbles to melted butter and Frank's Hot Sauce with a little salt and pepper. I ate it with a spoon similar to Chili and it was so good that I ate a full 16 oz. I will make this again but in advance so that I can freeze it into more reasonable portion sizes.
Old 02-21-2016, 10:30 AM   #314  

larry, you made a smart choice! I wouldn't have eaten meat saturated with gravy either. YUCK!
Old 02-21-2016, 09:01 PM   #315  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Flower Sounds like a good Costco day!

Ciecie I hope you were able to get everything done today. I did pretty good with catching up on things today.

Novangel Were you busy today? My hairdresser is moving soon. She has always been self-employed. She sold her salon a few years ago when her aging parents became ill, eventually passed away and she had her own major health scare. She went to another salon but was still self-employed. Recently, the owners of that salon are in the middle of a nasty divorce. She is tired of all the drama and is planning to go to a Sola Salon. That way it's like having her own salon again and she doesn't have to deal with anyone else. Have you ever heard of Sola Salon? It's a national chain. Hopefully it will work out for her.

Sundove I am glad not to have any events coming up. Hopefully I can keep my focus and make some progress. How did you like the kombucha? Did this one taste like vinegar?

Larry Great job sticking to the plan. Sounds like you had a lot of fun.

Waving Hi all around! Enjoy your evening!
Closed Thread