Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2016, 11:56 AM   #406  
my 1st baby "Pepe le Pew"

S/C/G: 276.8/272.2/health

Height: 5' 4"

Default Warning - 5 days of catch-up

Hi ALL!!

It’s been awhile since I’ve checked in. I know we don't have to make comments, as Diana said, but I like to connect with ya 'll.

It’s just been busy (which is good). The GREAT thing??? I’m still OP! 100% (well, maybe 99.9% because there were a few crazy days I didn’t get my 4 Cups of veggies in --- but if that’s the worst thing, then I think I’m still doing great). I’m down another 2.5 pounds which is a total of 11.5 since 2/5 and 16.5 since 12/5.

Now – to catch up (I have 3 pages of this forum to read – ) WOW! It sounds like a bunch of you suffered some nasty weather. I gotta say – it has been sooooo mild here in Wisconsin! Stay safe everyone!

ZCA72 - This is a great informative, encouraging, and inspirational place! I hope you hang out with us. If you want some EXTRA SPECIAL inspiration – check out Larry in this group. He has been on LC plan for 311 days --- on plan = 100%. I see you have sardines. I love sardines… but, I have to have crackers or something to just cut the taste a little. How do you eat/prepare them. And… to all you RIBEYE lovers … I’m on that team! For now – only tenderloins – but someday is coming

Diana – you are always an inspiration … I hope you find what you’re looking for – to help your DH. I also love your sense of humor – about your dog and your DH. I am glad to hear that you are getting better sleep. re: angioedima flare up

Sundove – thanks for the rest wishes – I did just that on Thursday! I did NOTHING but watch the boob tube and movies! I needed it! Hey question, what is the recipe for your cabbage omelet and which protein bar are you using? I’ve decide to hang out on IP for 10 weeks – 1 week off (it’s my birthday, but I’m not going to go crazy – I’m going to Door County for a week) … then I’m going to jump on South Beach (SB). regarding hearing loss. Question?? If you work in a noisy environment has that been a factor in your hearing loss? I understand (a bit)… I loss hearing in my left ear in a 2 hour period. “Profoundly deaf” they said; I wasn’t even on the chart. They think a virus hit the nerve. Hearing aids won’t help me either. I hope you find some improvement with your “never to be lost” hearing aids Great to hear you’re hitting you less than 1000 calorie plan! Best of luck with your mom today! I’ll be thinking of you throughout the day!

Flower – hey there. I’m catching up on posts --- so, I’m sure this will be answered, but… I hope that your plan for Tuesday worked out well for you. I would LOVE to see some of your cards, but I wouldn’t want to add extra stress to you physically, for having to make more, should I want to buy some. I understand the ‘stiff’ thing; I have fibro. You mentioned “being an old crone like you” … well – I don’t know how old your crone is – but I’m going to be 61 in 1 months … so I think I qualify BTW I didn’t play basketball (I couldn’t even jump 2 inches off the ground at this point). And, no exercises because of the plan I’m on --- nope, just chronic constant knee pain. BUT – I’m going to get better!!

Larry – thank you for sharing a recent picture. You look MARVELOUS!! I love your sense of humor – enemy line at subway! And I love your heart – getting drenched for our beloved veterans. I salute you! 311 DAYS of 100% on plan!! FanTasTic!

Angie – Great : job – keep up the hard work! I need to throw a bar in my purse too, otherwise I’ll end up like this Wednesday (which was a very unplanned day – but I survived). The plan you’re on sounds similar to what I’m doing. It’s quite restrictive – but it is doable. I hope you start seeing the desired results you are looking for and that you have GREAT SUCCESS at the confirmation party. I have a pampered chef I’m going to tonight --- YIKES! No samples for me! I see you are on lose it – I’ll send a connect; it will be from uffdah2. No moping for the rest of the month! Laugh! I just watched “what about Bob” last night… love that movie! It’s crazy! Who do you order your groceries from? Angie … no chips and your prize not feeling like crap and seeing 1.8 down on the scale! You ROCK!

Nichols – VACATION!! Awesome! It sounds like you have a 32 hour day. You ARE supermom! Seriously though – Great job staying on track with all the extra stress. Stay focused! Just curious – what is your major?
Treasa – GREAT willpower at your son’s banquet. Funny how you ate before remembering – it probably kept you on track that way. WTG! I hope you get through the birthday party … good thing February is a short month – that $100 has less days to travel RE: DH observation – isn’t if funny? We get like “ya huh” about their comments – but in reality we are glad for the input.

ciecie – your dedication to your plan deserves a celebration Terrific job on the continued organization. You inspire me…

debest – Great pics in your Avitar. Is this new? I hope you have a good and successful weekend! ENJOY! I see you posted your menu, is there a certain program you are using to record your food?

Volatis – Car problems really can throw a wrench into plans… I hope it gets fixed soon. Re: willpower – it’s more HANGING TIGHT to my “Why” am I doing this. I don’t want to rely upon a walker or wheelchair. And, I’m so very tired of constant pain. My legs are shot – and I am going to do everything in my power to prove I will NOT need knee surgery. As long as I remember WHY I’m doing this… I will stay in the game mentally! I have to. I read somewhere that people are like --- oh, I can’t give up my wine for thus n such plan. And the responding comment was: you give up wine for 9 months when you are pregnant, and longer if you breast feed. So… I just tell people I’m pregnant and am having a hundred and 19 pound baby

Hey Michelle! I’m just catching up on 5 days of posting so, what I say may already have been said, so sorry for any repeats First – I LOVE 3FC’s. It is my group! And, it is an AMAZING resource. I like going back, on some of the forums, and reading old posts – especially in the plan that you are thinking of using. AND I find the before and after pictures very inspiring. It is a great thing that you are nipping this in the bud… at 15 pounds rather than 51. GREAT JOB! I’m also on loseit.com so let me know if you’d like to connect on that. Regarding the little gage at the bottom of some of the posts – you have to have 20 days in before you can get permission to get a signature – which is where you put the gage. I hope you will find this a welcoming place and continue to hang out – I’m sure we’ll have a MARCH forum starting very soon. Angie mentioned she liked the sound of your spaghetti squash lunch – I did too. Is it possible you can write it up in recipe form? I get the gest of what you are saying but it’s a little muddled in my head. Thanks…

WHEW! I think that took me 1 ½ hours. BUT – it was well worth it; because I care about you all and it helps me stay focused.

Everyone have a terrific weekend!!
Old 02-27-2016, 12:38 PM   #407  

just 45 minutes of leslie sansone's party hiits! hope to do one more later on today.
Old 02-27-2016, 01:32 PM   #408  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelovedWarrior View Post
Sundove Hey question, what is the recipe for your cabbage omelet and which protein bar are you using? I’ve decide to hang out on IP for 10 weeks – 1 week off (it’s my birthday, but I’m not going to go crazy – I’m going to Door County for a week) … then I’m going to jump on South Beach (SB). regarding hearing loss. Question?? If you work in a noisy environment has that been a factor in your hearing loss? I understand (a bit)… I loss hearing in my left ear in a 2 hour period. “Profoundly deaf” they said; I wasn’t even on the chart. They think a virus hit the nerve. Hearing aids won’t help me either. I hope you find some improvement with your “never to be lost” hearing aids
Hey, BW You look radiant in your avatar! WTG on staying OP & great results to show for it Re cabbage omelet, do you already know how to make an omelet? If not, I can add more detail.
I use a small non stick pan (Green Pan), and 1 lg whole egg, 1/2 cup egg white. Once I flip it, I add the cabbage, fold it over, & eat it.
For the cabbage, I slice top to bottom into 1" salbs, then cut those further into sections for easy sauteeing. I very lightly spray & toss the cabbage with olive oil that I buy at Whole Foods--(like PAM spray but it's propellant-free). I like to sprinkle garlic powder too.
High heat for a minute and then add in chicken stock, just enough to cover the bottom of the saute pan, cover and let it simmer a few minutes until the cabbage is tender but not soggy. I've grown really fond of cabbage--it's filling, has a nice sweetness, and loads of nutrition. Anyway, I put some into the omelet, and use the rest throughout the day. The trick is to have it tender but not soggy, but it's really good however it turns out!

Your IP to South beach plan sounds really solid. You'll still have structure, but also some more choices, better nutrition & habits for the long haul. IP has given you a powerful kick start--nothing beats it for that!

I've read posts from a lot of people who phase off ketogenic diet for a special occasion, and they have no problem resuming a diet. Some are discouraged by the experience of powerful cravings--if you do, keep in mind there is a physiological drive to encourage us to gorge on fat- & carb-rich foods after a rigorous diet. I experienced this, but not everyone does. I was on IP for 7 mo. I deal with that post diet bingeing by consciously re-assuring myself that I'm not starving & don't need to bulk up. If I do give in to the urge, I just move past it, no fretting, scolding or otherwise dwelling, because I know it will eventually self-correct. It's not a return of old habits, just an old old survival instinct that isn't needed in this circumstance of dieting.

Thanks for the good wishes re hearing! At least I get to try them for 45 days. That's a BUMMER about suddenly losing your hearing in one ear due to a virus. I wonder if it recover? My hearing environment is an orchestra of low level machinery fans, beeps, muffled speech behind surgical masks, sometimes other things like music, foreign accent. If I even get a little improvement, I'll feel good about it. I also think it will be more fun to be at social gatherings. Btw, I have my old crone card too, 63 in May. But 23 on the inside

I gotta say, I'm glad I've made it to this age considering the alternative. Just wish the knees & hips were happier at this point. At least we're getting them healthy. Go YOU

Last edited by Sundove; 02-27-2016 at 01:44 PM.
Old 02-27-2016, 01:58 PM   #409  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treasa View Post
Sundove - I believe that earwax thing! I'm one who gets ringing and ear pressure so this really interests me. I'm going to pay attention now. I know my saliva and body temperature changes according to my hormones. I'm literally so cold when I have my period (and right before) I will sometimes wear sweats, two quilts, and a blanket to bed and I still feel cold. The funny thing is that I didn't even put two and two together until my husband pointed it out to me about a year or two after we were married and I complained one day that I was cold. He said, "well, yeah, you're getting your period. You're always cold when you're getting your period." Oh. Thanks, hun. Any other really obvious observations I'm missing about my own body?
Treasa! It's uncanny what they notice, when sometimes they can seem clueless!

That's really interesting that you have such marked symptoms. It's been a while since I had periods, but all I ever noticed was an irrestistible craving for cheetohs & KFC. I guess it was the salt and crunchiness. .

Your ear ringing and pressure sound fluid-related. Our bodies sure do give off a lot of clues! I remember reading an article in the 1970s or 80s about the Dalai Lama's visit to the US. He was accompanied by his personal physican, who was not a Western MD. This healer saw some Westerners for consult, and the reporter watched him take a pulse, smell the urine, and accurately diagnose Atrial Septal Defect.

Your coldness does not sound fun! I felt that way when I weighed too little, after my big diet. I could not stay warm no matter what I did--not fun! And I --was at the top of the 'normal' BMI range for my ht. I wonder what makes that happen.

Last edited by Sundove; 02-27-2016 at 11:26 PM.
Old 02-27-2016, 02:20 PM   #410  

I understand about coldness. dr. has me taking levothyroxine for underactive thyroid. don't like taking it but it has helped with the coldness.
Old 02-27-2016, 03:13 PM   #411  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZCA72 View Post
Hi everyone, new to the site. Page 1 of the thread Diana said everyone jump in and say what you are doing. So here I am!

I sure love accountability and would love to pop in and post my daily routine.
Zero carb eater, so don't be shocked at my menu please
Welcome from another Zero Carb eater
Old 02-27-2016, 03:16 PM   #412  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

Another evening surrounded by CARBAGE The only difference is I prepared and cooked it.

I cooked for a Shrine Function last night. My wife requested goulash, not the Hungarian kind but rather the one made with Elbow Mac and Homemade Spaghetti sauce. As is that was not enough she wanted Chocolate Chip and Sugar cookies for desert. I also prepared a salad with dinner rolls and Butter.

I enjoyed a diet Pepsi and joked with those present that I don't know if I would trust food that the cook would not eat.

As I am still following ZERO CARB I did not eat the salad. When we got home I enjoyed some chicken drumsticks

I just got back from Love Honda Motor Sports in Homosassa, FL. I got a new front tire and tube as well as an oil / filter change for my motorcycle. The old tire was losing air rapidly. Before I stuck a can of fix a flat in it as an emergency it went flat in an hour. After the fix a flat the tire still went flat but took 12 hours. The tire must have had other problems as well because the bike is cornering 100% better with the new tire. An amazing difference in handling. It was a 45 minute trip from my house to the dealer and a frigid 36 degrees when I left home. Wind chill at 60 MPH was 17 degrees
Old 02-27-2016, 03:45 PM   #413  

S/C/G: 234/179/160

Diana my tapes are Jillian Michaels BodyShred and another I can't remember the name of
I have the tough Leslie walk tapes and the HIT one with party songs. I like her alot. I do all my walk tapes with hand weights.
I borrowed some Insanity tapes from a friend. woof. tough but I try

I hear you on the prime rib. it is not like I remember from long ago? no idea. my fav steakhouse luckily does have a crusty outer shell, not like the 'buffet miserable' prime rib some places serve. I real good prime rib must be cooked the old style way, not the fast boring slap it on the plate way I have had many a prime rib out that was sub-below par for sure.

Beloved, fortunately I love the taste right out of the can. I just eat up the sardines. I require nothing with them. I would never eat a cracker LOL I wasn't a big fan but then I just kept eating them and boom, now I love them to no end. I put a few cans in my backpack on mountain hiking trips. So easy a meal. My kiddo freaks when she smells them tho on trail HAHA...too bad for her. it is hard to find ZC food for stuffing in my pack so if she hikes with me she just needs to deal!

HI Larry!!

Last edited by ZCA72; 02-27-2016 at 03:48 PM.
Old 02-27-2016, 04:19 PM   #414  

beautiful day here in Mayville, ny! took care of recycling. will go for a power walk in a few minutes. larry, that's great that you planned ahead of time for dinner last night.

Last edited by ciecie; 02-27-2016 at 04:20 PM.
Old 02-27-2016, 05:10 PM   #415  
my 1st baby "Pepe le Pew"

S/C/G: 276.8/272.2/health

Height: 5' 4"

I'm not waiting 5 days again... I'm sure you are all glad too... because I think I wrote my first novel this morning - for my post

Sundove - thank you for the enthusiastic encouragement I am going to copy your words and keep them... from one 29 year old crone to another AND, thank you for the cabbage omelet recipe. I have napa cabbage so I think I might try that for supper this week. RE: IP to SB... my plan is to start with Phase 1 of SB, so if I do have any cravings they will be addressed within the first 2 weeks. I agree about it having better nutrition and more choices. I think my system is getting tired of the whey, pea, and soy protein. BUT! I'm not knocking the plan -- you definitely lose weight with it. I look forward to doing some exercises too (Diana has so many good selections for exercising ). AND -- YES! We are getting them healthier (knees & hips). Is there any retirement in the near future? The Dalai L example you gave in T's post makes me curious re: their way of medicine... I'd have fun interviewing someone from there.

Treasa - I hope you get warmed up soon...

Larry - WOW - 17 degree wind chill factor on a motorcycle --- are you thawed out yet? Glad the tire problem was fixed and the ride is much smoother.

ZCA72 - Hmmmm Sardines out of the can -- maybe I'll have to try that. I can see where it would be an excellent/convenient source of protein on a hike.

ciecie - beautiful here too... just a little over 50 degrees. A kid was out on his skateboard in shorts and t-shirt... On Feb 27 IN WISCONSIN!! Crazy Weather!

Last edited by BelovedWarrior; 02-27-2016 at 10:37 PM.
Old 02-27-2016, 06:38 PM   #416  

I had intended to do an additional leslie sansone dvd today but decided to take advantage of the weather and went for a power walk and run some errands instead. my fitness goals for today have been attained.
Old 02-27-2016, 07:00 PM   #417  

S/C/G: 234/179/160

ciecie---yippee! you met your goal. that is great!

I also had a great ZC day and met my goals. feels so good doesn't it?
Old 02-27-2016, 09:12 PM   #418  

hi everyone Will do personals later
Weight was up this morning. Still recovering from the food binge on Thursday. Trying to make it until dinner time without eating something else. I have an hour to go. Today the pickings at costco sample cart were slim. So I went back to the same carts twice. I made a friend of one of the sample ladies. She will be calling me tonight. She gave me her phone number before christmas and I never called her. So now, she asked for my phone number. I tend to be very friendly to the sample people. After all, they do feed me

I also had 3 small granny smith apples. So Costco samples and the apples were the deviation from the diet.
Will be back later for personals. And my caloric tally for the day. Sending best to all
Old 02-27-2016, 11:06 PM   #419  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

I read all the posts but won't do personals. DH and I watched a movie and it's getting late. I will post a couple thoughts from the posts from today.

I am also cold all the time from hypothyroidism. But, I have also noticed that I get really cold right before TTOM. I especially notice it right before bed. My feet are like ice cubes. Then during the night and morning I get hot. This scenario is the sign of my hormonal fluctuations which leads to TTOM. Also, speaking of the ear wax, I don't have this exact situation, but something equally odd. Right before TTOM my teeth feel nasty. Please don't think I walk around with a skanky mouth. I brush and floss 3 times a day. But I can feel extra build up right before/during TTOM. Also, my teeth become particularly sensitive. I spoke with my dentist and she confirmed that this stuff can happen to some women with hormonal changes.

I felt a bit hungrier than normal today, so I ate my usual breakfast instead of the shake I normally have on Saturday. My calories may be a bit higher, not sure since I haven't added them up, yet. I felt it was best to eat my usual and not fight the whole thing or go off in a different direction. I wasn't feeling particularly strong today and didn't want to rock the boat too much.

Total Approx 1625 Calories +

Breakfast (405 Calories + coffee)
spritz olive oil in pan
XL egg 80 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
300g. Mediterranean Blend Veggies 90 calories
14 g. Organic Valley feta cheese 30 calories
1 piece toasted Alpine Valley organic sprouted honey wheat bread 60 calories
1 T. pumpkin butter 25 calories
coconut water 60 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (480 calories)
Salad w/grilled chicken 350 calories
apple 80 calories
iced coffee 50 calories

Dinner (740 calories)
grilled chicken tenderloins 250 calories
Amy's mushroom risotto 240 calories
asparagus 75 calories
blueberry Greek yogurt parfait 175 calories

Exercise:
KCM's Weights - Full Body w/active rests - w/12's
Old 02-28-2016, 02:28 AM   #420  

Hi again. And now.... Personals
Diana I think you did great keeping the calories down as much as you did. Shows restraint. My feet and body also get cold. Guess its thyroid, even though my TSH. T3 and T4 are perfect with the bio identical thyroid I take. My cold condition cannot be TTOM That ship sailed many years ago. I hope tomorrow you will be feeling better

ZCA72
Quote:
When I hit maintenance I am changing nothing in my eating. no up the carb ladder for me
I think that is very wise. Being in maintenence is a slippery slope.
WTG meeting your goals ! Seems you get a lot of great exercise.

Ciecie ditto above. WTG achieving your goals. You always do so well with that. Great dedication

BelovedWarrier great to see your lovely BEAUTIFUL face ! Amazing, the weather in WI in February. in the low 50s. sorry about the hearing loss in your left ear. I hope it does not bother you too much. I bow to you for staying 100% OP for all this time. And your weight loss for the month is awesome. I am so sorry that you deal with Fibro. I am more crone than you I will be 65 in June. And yes, I could take a picture or 2 of my cards. The photos dont come out great. But I will do my best. Thanks for asking

Larry I am surprised that the air temp in FL was 36 degrees. That's very cold for down there. Glad you got to go home after cooking that high carb dinner and have some chicken drumsticks. I marvel at your dicipline. Larry, how do you post your photos here? I like what you do with the clickable thumbprint. I would like to know how that particular way is done.

Sundove interesting, but not surprising what you wrote about how the Dali Lama's physician diagnosed. Eastern medicine has some deep wisdom and more. Congrats on another loss in weight. yay. I am sending good thoughts for your time with mom. Staying OP while you are with her.

Novangel I hope life and work are less stressful. I think this is a stressful time for so many. Many people are dealing with life transitions of one sort or another.

Treasa I had to laugh when you talked about what your husband noticed about you feeling cold when you get your period. Cewl that he actually noticed.

Psersonals all done now
I got the call from the Costco sample lady. OMG she preached to me. Non stop. Reading out of a book most of the time. No religion in particular. Just preaching. I didnt know how to get away. Finally after a long time, I interrupted when she took a breath. And I said I had to get ready for bed. But thanked her so much for calling. I knew it was not such a good idea to give her my phone number. But honestly, I didnt want to be impolite. I am so very glad I had not told her that I go to bed very late.

Today's estimated calories
Coffee 70
Costco samples ( I will rename this "breakfast") 500?
Apples 250
Lunch chicken sausage and salad 310
S: Peanut frozen stuff with sugar free sauce 180
D Chicken with salad 310
Total for day: 1620 ?

I hope everyone has a great Sunday.
Closed Thread