Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2017, 03:22 PM   #301  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chunkahlunkah View Post
Congrats on 145, Eagle! I hope your ear infection clears up soon; those can be brutal.
Thanks- still have the ear infection and it sucks. Probably be going back to the doctor today.
Old 07-23-2017, 10:19 AM   #302  
Shorty getting fit

S/C/G: 162/132/119

145.6 as of yesterday! If I keep losing at this pace, I should be out of this decade by the end of August. Time will tell!
Old 07-24-2017, 01:32 PM   #303  
Here to Learn

Still at 144.4 for me. Waiting for another whoosh! Haha.

My ears are doing better- I went back to the doctor and they think I have something called "eustachian tube dysfunction" and I don't have an ear infection but rather my eustachian tubes are blocked and causing ear pain because my ear pressure isn't equalizing like it should. They think it's being caused by my sinues so I've been treating my sinuses and hopefully that will take care of it. My ear pain is better.

Chunkah- congrats on the continued loss!
Old 07-25-2017, 12:47 PM   #304  
Here to Learn

Up to 144.8 today- had a major binge at dinner last night. The good part was there was no junk food around, so everything I ate was relatively healthy but man I could not stop eating. Today is a new day, however, so moving on.

My ear pain is significantly better and I think I'm on the mend there.

My workouts are non-existent right now because my husband and I have been working on the house getting it ready to sell, or on the new house getting it ready to live in. I'm staying active, just not doing my cardio or hiking or weight lifting stuff right now. I was totally lazy last night though- I have been getting 12K steps per day in or more for a while now, yesterday I barely got over 3K.

How about the rest of you? How are your workouts going? How's life? How's the weight loss journey? Who's still here?
Old 07-26-2017, 12:37 PM   #305  

S/C/G: 215/173.2/125

Height: 5'2

It has been a back and forth battle for a little bit now. I am at 146.2 this morning. I am beyond frustrated with the way my body looks but only I can change it. The stationary bike and higher calories have made my likes so much chunkier and I only feel comfortable in leggings these days. I went from exercising 1 - 2 hours a day to doing 25-30 minutes on the stationary bike and some ball in the afternoon. My food intake has been awful too. A little bit of this and a little extra of that isn't going to hurt is what I say. But today is day 2 of doing better. I've already did 25 on the stationary and today the plan is doing a mile walk and possibly some more ball. The only way I've learned to keep my legs small is by walking. Hope everyone else is doing well!
Old 07-26-2017, 02:08 PM   #306  
Here to Learn

Oh, Nichols, I totally understand you. Even when I was skinny, I had huge thighs. I always have to get "relaxed fit" pants that fit me like regular pants fit regular people. And my legs definitely got bigger as I did- I'm not one to gain solely above the waist. So my thighs and calves are still quite large.

I've been having more health issues lately and have no idea what is going on with me. It could be partly stress because we're supposed to be moving in a month and money is super tight right now and we have all the stress of packing, getting our house ready to sell, etc. In addition to the ear thing I've begun having joint pain and fatigue which is making me super irritable. I haven't been exercising either, and haven't been sleeping well.

The good news is there is light at the end of the tunnel- this process should be over in a month or so and so while this next month is seriously going to suck, at least it will soon be done. I hope, anyway.

My weight bumped up to 145.6 today.
Old 07-26-2017, 04:34 PM   #307  

Oh no I hate that for you Eagle. I really hope you start feeling better. Pain can definitely make a person feel irritable. Hopefully it's all over quickly for you and your pain subsides!
Old 07-27-2017, 09:37 AM   #308  

Woke up this morning and had dropped .2 lbs. So I am at 146.0 Trying to meet my 145.0 goal by August 5th. I feel there is plenty of time to get to that weight as long as I stick to it. Breakfast wasn't that great this morning but it was low in calories and I am having my coffee now. Coffee usually will keep me pretty full until noon for lunch. I hope everyone is having a great day.
Old 07-27-2017, 02:17 PM   #309  
Here to Learn

Argh. Up to 145.8 today. I know it's temporary but it's unnerving to see the scale moving up.

I felt a bit better last night. My joint pain is better today, my ear pain is worse. My energy level is poor. I did talk to my doc yesterday and she made a change to what I'm taking so maybe that will help. Hope so!

Nichols, way to go on the .2 loss! Hope you make your goal! I'm jealous of your coffee, I gave it up a couple weeks ago for the rest of the month of July as part of my experiment to see if anything in my diet was impacting me. It wasn't coffee specifically I was worried about but rather that I use whole real cream in my coffee (one of my few indulgences) and I didn't know if the cream was causing issues. Based on the fact that I haven't gotten better, I doubt it now, but I'm determined to finish the month out. But on August 1, you can bet I'm having a cup of coffee. And chocolate. That was the other indulgence I gave up.
Old 07-28-2017, 02:21 PM   #310  
Shorty getting fit

Cheers to my fellow 140's.

I last weighed today and was at 144.2.

I'm planning to sign up for Beachbody On Demand. I recall you mentioning that you have that too, Eagle. Do you like it? It seems like a really good deal to have access to so many quality workouts.

Right now, I'm only doing Brazil Butt Lift. Probably 80% of the time, I'm doing the same workout out from it. The shortest one, of course. I like how intense & effective it is, while still being short enough that I can easily fit it in. I can feel myself needing some variety though, so I think 10 Minute Trainer and possibly even T25 will provide some spark.

Last edited by Chunkahlunkah; 07-28-2017 at 02:22 PM.
Old 07-28-2017, 02:26 PM   #311  
Here to Learn

Down to 144.4 today, and feeling a bit better. Hoping I'm kicking whatever virus/illness I've had for the past few weeks. Joint pain is better, ears are still popping but not hurting today, energy level is better.

I hope everyone has a great weekend! Let's stay on plan!
Old 07-28-2017, 02:34 PM   #312  
Here to Learn

Quote:
Cheers to my fellow 140's.

I last weighed today and was at 144.2.

I'm planning to sign up for Beachbody On Demand. I recall you mentioning that you have that too, Eagle. Do you like it? It seems like a really good deal to have access to so many quality workouts.

Right now, I'm only doing Brazil Butt Lift. Probably 80% of the time, I'm doing the same workout out from it. The shortest one, of course. I like how intense & effective it is, while still being short enough that I can easily fit it in. I can feel myself needing some variety though, so I think 10 Minute Trainer and possibly even T25 will provide some spark.
Hi Chunkah! I do have Beachbody on Demand. I was slow to convert because I like owning my DVD's but there were multiple programs I wanted to buy and one year of BoD at $99 was less expensive than one program at full price or two at a discount so I opted to sign up. It's been a great decision. I have had very little problem with it (I think one day I couldn't get in because they were doing an update or something- I waited an hour and got in) and I've been trying all different programs. I had previously already done P90X, P90X3 and Insanity. On BoD I've done T25, Piyo, 30 Day Yoga Retreat, Beachbody Yoga Studio, I tried Cize but sucked at it (haha) and I've done one video of YouV2 so far. Oh and I did one video from BodyBeast. So it's been good because I've got to try a bunch of different programs. I still plan to do 22 Minute Hardcore (after I complete T25) and I also want to do the new one "Shift Shop" some time. I also want to do Tai Cheng because I think it would be a good way to fix some balance and mobility issues I have.

Congrats on 144.2!
Old 07-28-2017, 02:41 PM   #313  
Shorty getting fit

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleRiverDee View Post
Hi Chunkah! I do have Beachbody on Demand. I was slow to convert because I like owning my DVD's but there were multiple programs I wanted to buy and one year of BoD at $99 was less expensive than one program at full price or two at a discount so I opted to sign up. It's been a great decision. I have had very little problem with it (I think one day I couldn't get in because they were doing an update or something- I waited an hour and got in) and I've been trying all different programs. I had previously already done P90X, P90X3 and Insanity. On BoD I've done T25, Piyo, 30 Day Yoga Retreat, Beachbody Yoga Studio, I tried Cize but sucked at it (haha) and I've done one video of YouV2 so far. Oh and I did one video from BodyBeast. So it's been good because I've got to try a bunch of different programs. I still plan to do 22 Minute Hardcore (after I complete T25) and I also want to do the new one "Shift Shop" some time. I also want to do Tai Cheng because I think it would be a good way to fix some balance and mobility issues I have.

Congrats on 144.2!
Thank you so much for the BoD lowdown! I'm even more excited now to get it. The price is unfortunately a little higher now (unless they're hiding the $99 deal). It's still a great deal though for people who want more than one of the workouts, and I'm one of those people.

I bow to your P90 and Insanity prowess!
Old 07-28-2017, 03:03 PM   #314  
Shorty getting fit

I just checked out their web site again to make sure I was remembering the price correctly, and to check if the $99 yearly price was hiding somewhere. Sadly that price appears to be gone. Now the options are...

* $39 for 3 months (so $156/year)

* $160 for a full year
With this one, they throw in some "freebies" like ********** and food containers. I'm not interested in the containers whatsoever and only mildly interested in the shakes.

I'm leaning towards the 3 month trial, but idk yet.

ETA: Decision made! I went with the 3 months option. I just did the first T25 workout.

Last edited by Chunkahlunkah; 07-28-2017 at 04:16 PM.
Old 07-28-2017, 05:32 PM   #315  
Here to Learn

Quote:
I just checked out their web site again to make sure I was remembering the price correctly, and to check if the $99 yearly price was hiding somewhere. Sadly that price appears to be gone. Now the options are...

* $39 for 3 months (so $156/year)

* $160 for a full year
With this one, they throw in some "freebies" like ********** and food containers. I'm not interested in the containers whatsoever and only mildly interested in the shakes.

I'm leaning towards the 3 month trial, but idk yet.

ETA: Decision made! I went with the 3 months option. I just did the first T25 workout.
Huh. I didn't know they raised the price.

I don't blame you for not being excited about the shakes. I'm not either. I actually did buy them for a while but they didn't make me feel any better (definitely not the magic potion they claim) and they have way too many carbs for me. The push for people to buy the shakes is crazy- I'm sure that's the main money-maker for Beachbody. I even had a coach tell me that, that the entire point of Beachbody on Demand is that they'll lose money on their programs (obviously, since people don't have to buy them any more and have access to all of them) but they make it up on shakes. I've noticed a huge uptick in advertising- seems like every Beachbody trainer is posting pictures of themselves drinking "the healthiest meal of the day" and telling everyone why the need it. I LOVE Beachbody's programs. I ignore all their product pitches for their shakes, vitamins, etc.

PS: T25 is so fun! I had a bit of trouble with some of the moves at first but I picked it up after a couple weeks and I absolutely love doing T25. It's my favorite Beachbody program so far. I hope you love it too!

Last edited by EagleRiverDee; 07-28-2017 at 05:33 PM.
Closed Thread