Escaping the 140s!

You're on Page 6 of 35
Go to
  • KitKat- I don't think ladyf comes here anymore. She's in the featherweight thread. You might try reaching her there. I'm not sure what she did to lose so well. I began on my own cutting my calories to 1,200 per day and for the past 12 days have been doing Nutrisystem. Boy does it work well if you work it.

Best wishes to you.
  • Theresa, I'm glad to hear NutriSystems is working for you! My weight is stalled out. I've lost nothing since I've started. 😥 Granted, I've not been perfect. But the scale is seriously not giving credit where credit is due. I'll keep going, but I'm starting to feel discouraged, which isn't a good mindset. This is a battle of wills I'm having and I WILL win. I'm very stubborn.
  • Quote: Theresa, I'm glad to hear NutriSystems is working for you! My weight is stalled out. I've lost nothing since I've started. 😥 Granted, I've not been perfect. But the scale is seriously not giving credit where credit is due. I'll keep going, but I'm starting to feel discouraged, which isn't a good mindset. This is a battle of wills I'm having and I WILL win. I'm very stubborn.
    You WILL win this. Please don't give up. What kind of eating plan are you on. I'm committed to two months of Nutrisystem and then will go back to my 1,200 calorie per day diet. All things being equal, I should lose 1 pound per week on 1,200 calories due to my height and weight. I'm so determined. I can't think of anything that tastes better then thin feels. You can do this. Best wishes.
  • Back when I wasn't thinking about my weight, I remember being 135, then after a year or two of a very stressful job situation, I was up to 150. I don't remember being in the 140s, and now I'm back in here as of this week. I am similarly on a 1,200 cal/day plan with 30 minutes of strength training daily. Hopefully I don't spend too much time in 140 land.
  • I'm calorie counting, eating approximately 1300 calories per day. Thankfully, the scale has budged some this week. I'm trending in the 144 range this week. I'm going to update my tracker now. I'm feeling more encouraged. Of course, tonight is a girls' night out with some friends, so I already know I won't be on plan today. But I did turn down my hubby's offer of French toast for breakfast, so I feel good about that.

Thinwhiteduchess--You must be tiny! You weigh close to my weight but you are 4 inches taller. If only I could gain some inches....

Theresa-Thanks for the encouragement! You're right!
  • Quote: Theresa, I'm glad to hear NutriSystems is working for you! My weight is stalled out. I've lost nothing since I've started. 😥 Granted, I've not been perfect. But the scale is seriously not giving credit where credit is due. I'll keep going, but I'm starting to feel discouraged, which isn't a good mindset. This is a battle of wills I'm having and I WILL win. I'm very stubborn.
    That's excellent, Moving Forward. You WILL win this. I won't give up either until I reach my goal no matter how long it takes. I can only afford my commitment of 2 months on Nutrisystem, then I go back to my low calorie diet.
  • Quote: Thinwhiteduchess--You must be tiny! You weigh close to my weight but you are 4 inches taller. If only I could gain some inches....
    Ha! I wish I could say I was tiny. You would be surprised how much weight I pack in around my middle. :P
  • Good morning - I'm only 5' 2" but I used to be 5' 4" - That's what aging does. LOL So I'm in the overweight BMI until I get down to 136. I will do it. I know I'm losing as my clothes don't feel so tight around the middle and I can button my size medium LL Bean coat much easier. I weigh in on Fridays. May you all have a great day.
  • Just thought I'd check in to see if anyone posted on this thread. My new shipment of Nutrisystem processes tomorrow and it's always so exciting to get the big box. I'm doing really well on this diet. Be back to check in tomorrow.
  • I'm so glad it's going well Theresa!

I've been pretty darn faithful to my calorie counting and the scale moved back up this week. What!? I thought it was a fluke with water weight, but the higher numbers aren't going away. Today I ate close to 1000 calories. That ought to help, but I don't want to eat this low long term. I'm fine taking this slowly, but I need to see things going in the right direction.

I'm currently watching Fit to Fat to Fit for the first time. Crazy premise. These people get to make weight loss a full time job. Must be nice! I've been resisting exercise. I'm starting to feel that exercise is the push that my body needs to start letting go of the weight quicker. I can also use the hot coach that this lady has to push her along. Ha!
  • Thanks so much, Moving forward. This is a fun diet and teaches us to eat small portions. The portions are pretty small. LOL

I think I did the same as you yesterday and only had about 1,000 calories. I wasn't that hungry for some reason. I got on the treadmill again this morning. I do find it boring, but that's about the only form of exercise I can do inside. January is a cold time of year here in Maine. My treadmill was a good investment. Even my husband gets on it daily.
    You've lost quite a bit of weight so far and surely the scale will continue to go in the right direction. Keep up the good work. Talk later. Theresa
  • I'm doing the happy dance! I'm down to 139.5 and have escaped the 140's. I'm thrilled with my weight loss. I'll be going to the "Out of the 130's in the Featherweights and hope to see you all there soon. My eating plan is working very well and I rarely get hungry. Hope to see you in the featherweights. Theresa
  • I've been in the 140s for about three weeks now. I lose an average of 4-5 lbs a month. I'm at 146.0 so I'm going to be around until March but no longer I hope! I've been on a mission since June 18 when I was at my highest of 181 per the doctor, and I'm only 5'3" tall. Down 35 lbs and still considered overweight until I get below 141 (which is still overweight for my frame). One week at a time....

Itry to have a 500-cal deficit at least five days a week. I rarely go over my "even" calories even when we go out.....it's getting easier each month. I cut out almost all processed foods except organic/homemade pasta, fresh 3-ingredient tortillas that I cook, homemade bread products. I eat no diet or light foods, just portion control. I grow my own produce and buy meat and dairy locally (except for poultry). It's slow but I don't feel deprived doing it this way, and it's something I can do for life.
  • Welcome PrairieQueen! Congrats on all the weight you've lost. It really sounds like you've got a good plan that is working well for you.
  • Ive been stuck in the 140s FOREVER it feels, but it is completely my own fault. Holidays, business trips, events with friends etc have all taken their toll.I feel like i have no self control lately. Lowest weight was 142.0, current weight is 146.2, Goal weight is 128. (Starting weight was 198). I would REALLY like to get to 138 by the end of the month but thats not very realistic. lol