Escaping the 140s!

You're on Page 4 of 35
Go to
  • 143.6 today. I wanted to be 50 pounds down for my birthday, but I'll have to settle for 49.8 pounds down! Ha.

3.8 lbs until 130s.

Nevermind, I went to the bathroom and re-weighed after that… 143.2!!!!! -50.2 pounds overall, 3.4 pounds until 130s, 2.2 until I'm no longer working off my 52.4 pound regain!
  • Quote: 143.6 today. I wanted to be 50 pounds down for my birthday, but I'll have to settle for 49.8 pounds down! Ha.

3.8 lbs until 130s.

Nevermind, I went to the bathroom and re-weighed after that… 143.2!!!!! -50.2 pounds overall, 3.4 pounds until 130s, 2.2 until I'm no longer working off my 52.4 pound regain!
    You must feel wonderful. Congratulations and happy birthday. What a gift to yourself.
  • Thanks Theresa . How is Nutrisystem going?
  • Hi ladies! Mind if I join in? I'm starting in earnest to work on a small regain. I want to make the correction now before things get out of hand. Getting out of the 140's sounds like the perfect short-term goal!

And happy birthday Ladyfat!
  • Welcome Moving Forward! And thank you! Congrats on catching yourself before it got bigger!

Up to 143.6 today, but that's fine. Fluctuations and all that. Seem to have settled into a 143 point something weight, so probably won't see 142 point something until next week.
  • 142.8 (!!!)

3 pounds until the 130s!
  • Arriving tomorrow
    Quote: Thanks Theresa . How is Nutrisystem going?
    You're very welcome. My order of Nutrisystem is arriving tomorrow morning via FedEx. I'm pretty anxious to begin on Friday morning. I'm sure I have had a weight loss this week. I can't wait to weigh-in on Friday.

WOW! You're doing so well - just 3 pounds away from the 130's. Don't forget to start a new thread when you get there because I intend to join you.
  • Glad you joined
    Quote: Hi ladies! Mind if I join in? I'm starting in earnest to work on a small regain. I want to make the correction now before things get out of hand. Getting out of the 140's sounds like the perfect short-term goal!

And happy birthday Ladyfat!
    So happy to have you on this thread. Let's keep moving down.
  • Thanks for the warm welcome ladies! The thought of joining a 130's thread is amazing! Ladyfat, I'm SO glad to have caught this before it got out of hand. I worked so hard to take the weight off in the first place and the thought of going back there just sickens me. When I got down to the low 130's I intentionally decided to regain some weight in hopes of stabilizing at a weight I could more easily maintain. The problem is that I kept going and my clothes have started to be uncomfortable. I needed to buy an entirely new wardrobe that I love. I did some soul searching recently when deciding whether to buy the next size up or make a correction. Now that I've made the choice, I'm so glad I did!

I work well with incentives and am thinking about a Fitbit or similar fitness tracker tool when I reach my goal. My dilemma, though, is that it this also seems like a tool that I should just buy myself because it would help. Opinions? Anyone have experiences with them?
  • I absolutely love my Fitbit (I forgot it today and when we walked the dog on my way home from work, I was like THESE STEPS ARE FAKE NOTHING IS RECORDING THEM! MY STEPS!) and use it to make sure I burn enough calories that I'm still in a deficit at 1400-1500 calories (the lowest I can usually go). I aim for 10k steps and hopefully more.

I literally regained ALL the weight I lost. I just lost 50 pounds, but I've lost over 100 pounds… like let's see, 52.4 last time, 50.4 this time, 34 the time before that… so in like 5 pounds or so, I'll have lost the same amount of weight (cumulatively) that I will weigh, despite never having topped 195 pounds total. Yay eating disorder/yo-yo!

I'm so excited to get past the re-gain into fresh weight, haha (141 was my previous low adult weight).
  • Wow! That has to have been so frustrating! That makes me grateful that I've got a relatively small loss to work on. How long has it taken you to get the 50 pounds off? It must feel great to be approaching your lowest adult weight.

I've been on track for four days now and the scale has not budged one bit. It's actually gone up! I think the increase is due to a big bruise I got and should go away. Still, I'm waiting for the scale to go down. Although I know it's not realistic, I think I want instant gratification.
  • Quote: Thanks Theresa . How is Nutrisystem going?
    I'm down to 143 this morning and started Nutrisystem today. It went very well and I wasn't hungry at all.
  • Hi there!

Hoping to join in! I've been maintaining between 145 and 149 for years, hoping to get into the 130s, or as close as possible, for my wedding (haven't seen the 130s since grade school), but I know it will definitely take a long time!!

This morning: 149.4
  • How exciting Theresa! My mom lost tons of weight years ago with Nutrisystem. I'm sure it's a different program now because that was over 20 years ago. Nonetheless, I've seen good results firsthand. The fact that you weren't hungry is great!

I've finally registered my first loss! I'm down this morning to 145.3. And that's after I had a pretty generous cheat meal last night.
  • Congrats movingforward & Theresa! Great progress.

Quote: Hi there!

Hoping to join in! I've been maintaining between 145 and 149 for years, hoping to get into the 130s, or as close as possible, for my wedding (haven't seen the 130s since grade school), but I know it will definitely take a long time!!

This morning: 149.4
    Welcome! I haven't been in the 130s since middle school (grades 6-8) and I'm also hoping to lose weight (well, I already have lost some lol) for my wedding, next December. I'm going dress shopping in a couple months so I want to be within 5-10 lbs of my final goal weight by then. Best of luck!

I'm down to 142.6 this morning! I can tell lately when I'm going to have a drop because my hipbones are just that much more defined, lol. It's funny, I fluctuated quite a bit this week (143.8, 143.2, 143.6, 142.8, 143, 143.2, now 142.6) but I much prefer that to what happened the week before, which was 144.8, then 144.2 for FIVE DAYS STRAIGHT, ha.