Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-03-2015, 09:00 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 215/173.2/125

Height: 5'2

Personals:
Coolmom: Yummy! Chocolate Banana Bread sounds delicious!

Larry: Glad to hear that your leg infection has cleared up and 13 lbs?! WOW! Awesome job!

Watercolor Sugar binges suck! But it happens just get back on the wagon and get on moving forward!

Novangel: WTG on a 3-day straight workout!

GoodyFay: Good luck on dinner with your Father-in-Law.

Diana: Another loss for the day! Awesome job!

Weight today: 140.6
Calories today: 1350
Exercise: 1 mile walk

WOW. It’s been a long Thursday. It’s 7:56 PM here and I could’ve gone to sleep and rested well all night about an hour ago I’m so tired. However..I’m super excited for Friday to get her and get over with. Saturday I am taking my daughter to see the Nutcracker and it’s a surprise but I can’t wait because she has been begging me to take her (I keep telling her we can’t do it this year…) lol.

OAN: I have a question for those who have dropped a significant amount of weight…my hair is falling out! I’m losing a ton of hair…all the time and it has thinned out so much since starting the weight losing. I’ve lost a lot of hair before I started doing it but it seems like it has thinned out so much more now…anyone else do this?? Or know why?

Well enough of my jabbering! Everyone have a great night..I’m off to watch some Roseanne and relax!
Nicholsfamily1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 09:01 PM   #47  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

Nicholsfamily I hope you and your DD have a great time at the show. My hair, eyebrows, and lashes are all thin due to thyroid issues. I can't contribute it to weight loss.

Larry Good news from the Dr. Congrats on your hard work!

CoolMom Glad the scale is cooperating again. Nothing like doing all the right stuff but things not working out how we feel they should.

Treasa Good job on your food.

GoodyFay Your FIL sounds like he's stressful to be around. I hope the dinner is better than you expect. I'm sorry you are having to deal with all of that. You have made great progress. Hang in there and keep up the great work.

Novangel Great job on the gym.

Watercolor I'm sure some of the gain is water. A couple days back on track and it will be gone.

Merowi Enjoy your evening.

Waving HI all around! Enjoy your evening!

Last edited by Diana3271; 12-03-2015 at 09:03 PM.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 09:06 PM   #48  
Trying to live below 200

Total Approx 1410 calories +

Breakfast (325 Calories + coffee)
spritz olive oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Mediterranean Blend Veggies
14 g. Organic Valley feta cheese 30 calories
1/2 Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin or 1 piece Alpine Valley organic whole wheat bread 65 calories
1 T. pumpkin butter 25 calories
juice 75 calories or less
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (385 Calories)
Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 100 calories
2 slices Applegate Farms Black Forest Ham & lettuce 50 Calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Greek Yogurt 100 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 calories)
DH wanted to go to a new BBQ buffet place. Not a fresh veggie in sight! I nibbled and picked around. I have no idea about calories but tried not to eat much since I didn't even like it. DH didn't like it either. I am just going to say I had my normal amount of calories. 700 calories

Exercise:
Amy Dixon Breathless Body
Old 12-03-2015, 09:41 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

Today: One (1) gram carbs and 792 calories.

I post on Facebook frequently and now some of my friends are asking about the Atkins Program after watching my weight loss. They want it also.

My hard cover edition of the 1972 Dr. Atkins Diet Revolution book that I ordered arrived today. Now to curl up in a comfortable chair with it and start reading.
Larry H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 11:23 PM   #50  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

Nichol, hairloss with weightloss is a constant issue I have. When it starts growing back in I get the fringe, I call faux bangs.

Right now I'm resisting a big chop.
CoolMom75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 06:27 AM   #51  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone! TGIF!

Last night I added on: Upper and Lower Body Stretches from Perfect in 10 Stretch
Nothing for this morning since it's my early day

Calories for yesterday: 1410 +
Weigh In: 162.2
Down: .6

Nicholsfamily & Coolmom I should have mentioned that I have heard of other people having issues with hair loss with weight loss. But I think mine has more to do with thyroid issues. I have to use eyebrow products to fill in my brows since there are gaps. It is so frustrating.

Have a great day and start to your weekend!

Last edited by Diana3271; 12-04-2015 at 06:27 AM.
Old 12-04-2015, 08:06 AM   #52  

Height: 5'9"

Hi Gang!

OK, today I had two mini oranges and coffee.

Yesterday I had two pieces of bacon for breakfast.

Had leftover garden salad for lunch.

A handful of almonds for a snack.

Neighbor brought over some chocolate/syrup/nut/egg thing from New Orleans (!)

Dinner had an omlette with avocados on side.

Hope to have a salmon salad today.

Cheat: Dunkin' Donut coffee

Planned Dinner: Chicken nuggets made with almond meal (mix in blender) and egg. Spinach.

Hoping to get to the point where I don't need or sneak sugar in!!!

Great job Everyone!!
Inkrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 08:46 AM   #53  

S/C/G: 214/160/140

Height: 5'4

NicholsFamily - I always had super thick hair. My hair started thinning (to the point that I was concerned about it) when I was at my heaviest, but when I began losing weight hair started actually falling out. I was just commenting to my husband a few days ago that I think my hair is getting thicker and yesterday my hair dresser said, "Well, your hair's thick like mine." No way is my hair as thick as it used to be, but I do think it's thicker. And no question it has definitely stopped thinning.

I believe hormonal imbalance was at the root of my hair loss. When I was at my fattest, I had so much excess estrogen. And then when I began to lose weight, all the estrogen my fat cells were storing began to be released into my system. Not only was my hair falling out but I was spotting in the middle of my menstrual cycle. The doctor told me spotting was fairly common with weight loss and was related to estrogen levels. I figure the hair loss was too.

Hormones are funny things and need to be kept in balance. Remember insulin is a hormone too and your insulin levels are definitely a lot different now than they were when you were heavy. Also, you may be left with mineral deficiencies. I have not done any hormone therapy (other than vitamin D3 - which is a hormone) but I have played around with vitamin and mineral supplementation. I think I've hit on a good combination for my particular physical needs right now. I'm not sure if it's my supplementing that has begun thickening my hair or if it was just getting all my hormones stabilized these last few months. I guess we'll find out as I've jumped back on the weight loss bandwagon after taking four months off.

In any case, you may want to take a good multivitamin, if you're not already. https://labdoor.com/rankings/multivitamins

p.s. I know I sound like a bit of a whacko always touting vitamins and minerals, but really, they've changed my life because they've changed how I feel. I guess I'm a typical new convert, on fire and always proselytizing. Sorry, I just can't help myself.

Last edited by Treasa; 12-04-2015 at 08:50 AM.
Treasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 09:11 AM   #54  

S/C/G: 214/160/140

Height: 5'4

I did great yesterday and I'm back at my tracker weight! I got in my 10k steps and eating went well too.

Tonight's going to be tough. My husband and I are hosting a retirement party for his long time business partner at a fancy restaurant downtown. I know I'm definitely going to be drinking wine. And while I'm usually able to pass on the dessert, the bread is so, so hard for me to just say no.

I'm figuring if I eat the bread (and the potato and the...) it'll set me back at least three days. I'm wondering if I have three days to spare and still be where I want to be by Christmas? I think I do, but I'm going to kick myself if I don't hit my minigoal. No way I'll be able to wear that outfit next Christmas - it'll be way too big!
Treasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 05:36 PM   #55  
4th times the charm!

S/C/G: 215/175/140

Height: 5' 5"

Hi everyone!
WT: 179.2

LARRY- Your dedication is inspiring and what your doctors scale is showing is amazing. the best part is that you enjoy it.

DIANA- Thanks for your kind words....I keep trying to remind myself of the progress I've made in my HEALTH since I started changing things back in March.

TREASA- Your outfit sounds adorable! You can stay strong with the bread! Thanks for the kind words.

PENNY- Good luck with your upcoming week! I like the idea you suggested of building in a little bit of a "splurge" allotment. I either go hyper healthy or totally junk out. Working in a bit of a "kid food" everyday might help me from going on a bender. Thanks!

NICHOLS- That is going to be such a special wonderful treat for you daughter, and for you too! How excellent! My mom surprised me with a Nutcracker trip when I was little and it was one of my favorite memories to this day! Have fun and definitely let us know how it was!

COOLMOM- All your cooking sounds delicious! Such restraint with the lasagna and banana bread! After smelling something cook it can be so hard to resist!

MEOWRI- Thank you, you kinda hit the nail on the nail on the head. Its sad how he's alienated a family that love him if he was just around. And I realized that my "being miserable with myself" lately had gotten me extra crazy sooo.....

Today I am trying a new "philosophy" of really trying to be nicer to myself and meeting myself at a middle point (there's that whole "moderation" thing coming up again!). I'm listening to everything that's worked for you guys and suggestions and trying to find the magical mix that I can live with. I think that reminding myself that when I started this back in March, I didn't want to do it using the "super restrictive strict ways" I had lost with in the past but more of a "general lifestyle change" - which would probably not show the quickest results short term but long term, and overall, would hopefully be for real and forever. I've turned my general health around very nicely according to the Dr and that's something to be very happy about.
Last nights dinner with the FIL was as expected...full of his judgmental sense of humor and disinterest in his new grandchild (our niece). But what I didn't expect was my sticking to plan!

B - oatmeal with flax seeds
L - kale pesto, chicken, veggie, quinoa bowl
D - green salad w/ basil vinaigrette, grilled salmon, 2 grilled scallops, 2 grilled shrimp, a few bites of the potatoes gratin
9 oz pinot grigio (oh wait..... make that 15 oz ...there was a post dinner decompression glass)
100 oz water

THANKS EVERYONE!!!

PS... this may sound odd but... I drink mostly carbonated low sodium mineral water...some people tell me I shouldn't drink carbonated things (because it expands the stomach?) Does anyone have an opinion on carbonated/non carbonated water?

Last edited by GoodyFay; 12-04-2015 at 05:49 PM.
GoodyFay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 06:34 PM   #56  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

W 156.6 (down another pound)
B egg on toast, coffee with milk
L lasagna and Brussels sprouts
D Brussels sprouts, pinto beans, kraut and salsa

Goodyfay, no idea about issues with carbonated water. Does it give you problems or is it just that you heard it might?

Tressa, good luck with the party!

Diana, doesn't look like the buffet place did any damage. I hate it when veggies are hard to find at a restaurant. It seems ridiculous to even have a menu without it but it happens a lot.
CoolMom75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 06:54 PM   #57  
Slow and sure chick

Goody
That advice is usually given to patients who've had weight loss surgery, b/c it WILL expand their stomachs. It's not a big deal otherwise. Enjoy!

Larry
You GO guy!

Day one back off sugar. Tomorrow will be easier. Today will be survived.
Watercolor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 07:29 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

Default Atkins Induction Day 229

A great NSV today. I lost another 2 inches in my waist. I am now wearing size 40 pants. I started in April in size 50 pants.

I also found out my Tuxedo fits, maybe even a little too loose. I have not been able to wear it for the past eight years because it was too small.

I have not gone off my Atkins Induction eating plan since I started 229 days ago.
Larry H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 10:03 PM   #59  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

This will be a quick one for me. I was up early today and I'm feeling it now.

Total Approx 1410 calories +

Breakfast (325 Calories + coffee)
spritz olive oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Mediterranean Blend Veggies
14 g. Organic Valley feta cheese 30 calories
1/2 Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin or 1 piece Alpine Valley organic whole wheat bread 65 calories
1 T. pumpkin butter 25 calories
juice 75 calories or less
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (385 Calories)
Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 100 calories
2 slices Applegate Farms Black Forest Ham & lettuce 50 Calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Greek Yogurt 100 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 calories)
Salad w/grilled salmon and BHF's ranch 700 calories

Exercise:
TF Fire 30
I have been trying to do longer workouts but that didn't work out today. I was short on time due to fighting with some office equipment. I think they all ganged up on me today and I lost. Office machines 1 Diana 0 But I guess I got the last laugh . . . . the adding machine and paper shredder ended up in the dumpster and they will be replaced with shiny new equipment tomorrow. Take that! Don't mess with me!
Old 12-05-2015, 07:04 AM   #60  

S/C/G: 175/174/155

Height: 5'6"

Good Morning all
Crazy day yesterday so didnt post but scale yesterday read 166.2lb.Couldnt believe it,game on I tell myself,ate more than I shouldve last night so going to shake that off and keep pressing toward goal, '
"I'm not what I want to be,but GOD isnt finished with me yet"
Everyone have a truly blessed weekend and keep the workers at site in San Bernadino in your prayers,cant imagine going to work and never coming home again,my heart truly breaks for the families especially the children,one mom had an infant at home.
merowi2 is offline   Reply With Quote