3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Getting Out of the 170s! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/307123-getting-out-170s.html)

katiam247 12-12-2015 08:55 AM

Grrrr - gotta vent! I saw 171.8 two days ago, yesterday was 172.6, this morning 173.2! :?: I haven't eaten much in the grain department, kept under 1300 calories and my weight is going the wrong way! Feels like I am going to be stuck here forever! :vent over:

How is everyone else doing?

rachelinala 12-12-2015 10:14 AM

171.4 Sigh, I am stuck. It's OK. It'll happen.

ultrapeaches 12-13-2015 12:07 AM

177.2 on Friday, down 2.2lbs. Gotta love that first couple weeks of dieting.
Kat & Rachelinala, could you be about to start your period? I gain a little water weight no matter my diet the last couple days of my cycle, but I've often "wooshed" afterward. You guys are both almost out of the 170s - I hope this thread doesn't die next week when you move on.

BVMarie 12-13-2015 12:40 AM

I hear you Kat! I gained a couple pounds this last week and today I'm finally back to where I was a week ago. Talk about running in place! Don't get discouraged, weight loss has its own pattern. As long as you know you are eating healthy, things will turn around. When I gain a few pounds like that. I've noticed it helps when I drink more water and really watch sodium intake. Hang in there!

katiam247 12-13-2015 07:11 AM

Hallie - I am at the age where I don't have to worry about those hormonal ups and downs and I love it! lol

BVMarie - I mostly drink water with my meals and usually have water with MIO in between. But, DH and I do eat out a few times a week especially this time of year because of Christmas shopping, errands, etc. I know there is too much sodium in restaurant food. I complain about that all the time. I would much rather have them cut their sodium, than reduce fat (which is traded for sugar) and reduce portion sizes to reduce calories. Those I can do myself. But, once the salt is added, there is no way to remove it! I do try to look at their menus before I go and see if they have a nutritional chart that lists sodium, then try to pick something lower in salt.

rachelinala - hoping the scale starts moving down for you, too!

BVMarie 12-13-2015 12:15 PM

I agree Kat, restaurants have a lot of added sodium. Things will get better when this busy time of year passes!

I weighed myself this morning and I'm still stuck at 176.4!! I can't seem to budge past that weight! I have been so busy shopping the last week that my water intake has barely been 60 oz a day. So I'm thinking I'm retaining water a bit. Hoping we all see some downward movement on the scales soon!

Eydawn 12-14-2015 04:00 PM

Still holding steady, maintaining between 175 and 178. If I can keep that through the holidays, I'm sure I can work at dropping after! :)

BVMarie 12-15-2015 10:25 AM

I weighed myself yesterday, I was at 176.8... the wrong way again. Pushed my water yesterday and weighed myself this morning, 175.8. So I'm definitely retaining water. Also I noticed on my weight chart my weight spikes and plateaus twice a month. Once during ovulation and TOTM. I guess I just need to accept that I will be gaining a few twice a month. I think that added weight would come off easier if I stuck to drinking my 100 oz daily, but this time of year is so busy for me!!

BVMarie 12-15-2015 10:31 AM

Kat- I was researching MIO ingredients to see if any have been hindering your weight loss and I came across this article.

BVMarie 12-15-2015 10:32 AM

Oops forgot the link!
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2011/06/04/now-they-are-trying-to-sell-you-diet-water.aspx

katiam247 12-15-2015 03:00 PM

Eydawn - Congrats on holding steady this time of year. That is a real accomplishment considering all the available food.

BVMarie - Thanks for the article, but I don't think that is what is holding me steady. I just looked up the ingredients on those ICE sparkling water drinks and they have about the same ingredients and I have been drinking them before I tried MIO. Actually, I am getting the store brand now. When I looked at the bottles of those, there are less artificial coloring, but some of them have propylene glycol and/or Potassium Benzoate, too. BUT, I will start paying attention to the ingredients on the bottles now, because I read where citric acid and Potassium Benzoate together will make benzene and is considered very toxic. Those I will leave on the shelf! So, thanks, again!

Also, with the propylene glycol, I am an ecigarette vaper and I have been using them since I quit smoking about 5 years ago. So, I don't think it could be causing a stall either. It may be because I am getting close to the weight I held for years before gaining. I remember being around 150 for years until I remarried and wasn't hounded about my weight anymore.

katiam247 12-18-2015 06:35 AM

YAY!!! The scale finally moved in the right direction!! :dance:

170.2 this morning. I might just might make the Delicious For Christmas goal! Only 1.2 lbs to go for that!

How are all the rest of the 170's gang doing?

BVMarie 12-18-2015 04:17 PM

I'm currently holding at 174.6. Slow progress these last 2 weeks! How's everyone else doing?

midnight12 12-20-2015 05:22 PM

Hi Everyone! This morning the scale finally read 169.4. I was stuck on 170 thru 170. something for around 2 weeks, so I was happy when the scale finally moved. It took a few days of eating a bit lighter than normal and a change up in exercise.

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/purpvi...9/120/169/.png

katiam247 12-20-2015 09:00 PM

Congratulations, midnight! Save me a spot in the 160's thread. Hopefully, I will be there in a few days to a week!