Getting Out of the 170s!

You're on Page 16 of 34
Go to
  • Good Morning Ladies! Welcome Keika and Ladymarion, and congrats on your recent losses! I've been stalled, and feeling blue because the weather is rainy here and I'm not able to get out. I also work from home, which is a whole other dynamic that I just have to deal with. I'm fighting late afternoon munch attacks and really have to get a handle on them if I want to progress. Hope to get some exercise in this evening even if it's just an aerobic class at the rec. center.

Hang in there and let's stick to our plans!
  • Thank you WebWoman! I know the struggle of working from home, when I was studying I would eat entire jars of Nutella while reviewing my notes. I find that brushing my teeth and flossing after every meal helps me a bit with staying away from the fridge...after all it took so long to floss...you don't wanna mess it up. Have fun with the exercise! None for me until Friday due to mouth surgery and I am really looking forward to going back to the gym! I have bought some new gym gear that I can't wait to show off ))
  • Good Morning All!

I am jumping in to join you very happily! I finally moved out of the 180's to see 179.6 today! I always feel so motivated in a new decade because I never want to see that "8" again. I will be working it hard for the next few days until I know the 180's are gone for good. Putting myself into this thread so early keeps me accountable.

Webwoman - I also work from home so I understand the challenges it brings. I LOVE it for so many reasons but it is not without its challenges for sure (for many reasons and the kitchen is just one of them).

I'd love to say I won't be here long but 10 lbs is a long journey at this weight so it could easily be 6-8 weeks. So a little about me. I have 7 (mostly) grown sons ages 19-29. They are all out on their own....college counts in my book. Since I haven't been as active with the kids, my weight has steadily increased over the past few years until I finally put my foot down and started a new way of eating in January. I've now lost nearly 30 lbs and I've been happy to have my husband join me and he has lost almost 40. We are still going but the bigger challenge will be to maintain. I use this site to keep me accountable daily. I am a daily weigh-in person (for the good or the bad).

Good luck everyone!

Sheila
  • Welcome, sheilaE! I agree, college totally counts as being out of the house. It's so sweet that you and your husband are taking this journey together!

As for me, maybe this is TMI, but I'm ovulating this week. What rotten timing, just when I had hit a new decade. -_- I saw my lowest this week at 179, when I popped in here all excited, and since then, I've been treated to a slow crawl back up to 181. I know I've actually lost fat, though, because my measurements all came in half an inch smaller, and I have been super good this week (minus one party where I ate a modest amount of dessert). So, here's hoping the water weight will come off in a whoosh next week and I can come back here in good faith.
  • 174.6 didn't lose much but I didn't gain at least .. hoping to be out of the 170s in 2 weeks
  • Joining this thread today since I am finally back at 178, last seen in October 2011! It's been a roller coaster ride since them but I am on the way down now for sure. At 78, weightloss is difficult although as a Mod on this site I sure should know how to do it. Having a new and very active man in my life sure helps. (Been widowed twice so this is a bonus!)
  • Hi there, i just left 170! after about 7 days of 170.8 (I know I shouldn't use the scale every day but i can't help it!) I hit 169.4 this morning. Now I know this could just be water weight fluctuations, etc. but i was SO happy to finally see it dip below 170. It WILL happen ladies just keep doing what you're doing!!
  • Quote: Joining this thread today since I am finally back at 178, last seen in October 2011! It's been a roller coaster ride since them but I am on the way down now for sure. At 78, weightloss is difficult although as a Mod on this site I sure should know how to do it. Having a new and very active man in my life sure helps. (Been widowed twice so this is a bonus!)
    Wow congrats Ruthxxx, what an inspiration! and congrats on your new man!! <3
  • Jeaton, Congrats on getting into the160's! That is fantastic. I can see the 160's but I know it will be awhile before I can live the 160's. For now, just happy to be in the 170's.
  • Quote: Joining this thread today since I am finally back at 178, last seen in October 2011! It's been a roller coaster ride since them but I am on the way down now for sure. At 78, weightloss is difficult although as a Mod on this site I sure should know how to do it. Having a new and very active man in my life sure helps. (Been widowed twice so this is a bonus!)
    Ruth Congratulations on your new active lifestyle with your new guy and weight loss. I'm sure it brings a new perspective to life! Let's keep it up together!

Sheila
  • Good morning ladies,

I ate late last night so my scale number's not good this morning, but at least I know why! Planning on a healthy day with lots of salad and skinless chicken (I love Sam's Club rotisserie chicken!).

Wish it were warmer for walks outside, but later in the week it should work.

Have a great week!
  • Last time I weighed myself was on Friday, and I was 171.6. I'll weigh myself next on Wednesday. I'm hoping to be 169!
  • HA! I KNEW that was just water weight last week! Three days later, I'm down from 181 to 178! Here's hoping that drop keeps going throughout the week! ;D

Harrypotterrocks, I'm sending all the positive vibes towards you! You can totally do it!
  • Quote: HA! I KNEW that was just water weight last week! Three days later, I'm down from 181 to 178!
    YES! Congrats Keika!

I am at 177.4 today after an odd jump yesterday to 179.4. Could it actually have been the carbie veggies I ate? Seems very odd because nothing else was out of the ordinary. Oh well, its gone today and I am at home for 2 days alone. My husband is traveling which makes my food life much simpler.

Onward and downward we go!

Sheila
  • Quote: Last time I weighed myself was on Friday, and I was 171.6. I'll weigh myself next on Wednesday. I'm hoping to be 169!
    Harrypotterrocks We can't wait to hear! It's Wed. Did you make it out of the 170's?