3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   300+ And Ready to Try Again #390 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/30663-300-ready-try-again-390-a.html)

thinthinker 08-15-2003 03:39 PM

300+ And Ready to Try Again #390

God Bless America!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

We chat on Wednesday and Saturday at 8:30 EST, 7:30 CST.

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

thinthinker 08-15-2003 03:44 PM

Hi everybody! :wave: By now, some of you may have heard and some of you may have been in the Power Outage of 2003. I just got my power back a few minutes ago and decided to drop in here and say 'hi'. Not staying though, the power company says to try and stay with minimal usage until they can get everyone back up and running.

Have a good day!

justme2338 08-15-2003 03:58 PM

Hi girls. Just a quick update on the interview. It turns out that I am WAY under qualified for the position. Now, I knew that already so it's no shocker. Lot's of good stuff have come out of my experience though. My boss now thinks I have balls of steel for actually putting myself out there, my director thinks I'm a super star for showing initiative. And the hiring manager now knows who I am and that I interview very well.

So, it's been a great day afterall. (I'm trying to be super positive about this, can you tell?)

peekabooangel 08-15-2003 04:57 PM

Tina: Loved the man......got a good laugh and I needed it today. My boss is away and OMG everything that could go wrong did....don't that just figure. Murphys law you know. Can't believe it will take so long for your credit check? Anyway, my sil has been at the dell site checking things out and says there is some good deals. Me, I had to have it at the moment!!! I went to staples and bought off the shelf....

Thin: Glad your power is back and you are up and running.

Justme: Way to go on the interview and like you said look how many people you have impressed!!! Good job.

Okay gotta run,
Sandy

Stepping Out 08-15-2003 05:49 PM

Hello Ladies!

:stars: Sorry I haven't been in lately. This has been another rough week. Our "new" engine seized up yesterday as DH was on his way to work (at his brand new job!) Now I'm REALLY homebound:( . Thank God for our church family :) . A friend is letting us borrow his car for as long as we need it. My DH will be using it to get back and forth to work until ours is fixed.

I went to TOPS Wednesday-GAINED 1.25 lbs :( . I'm not going to let it get me though. Tina, thanks for your post the other day. Food has been my "drug of choice" for too long!

Duckie: You and your family are beautiful!

Barb: Enjoy yourself in FL :cool: You must be in the Panhandle.

Thin: Glad your power is back on!

Tina: I hope you're able to get your computer probs resolved soon!

Mary: YUCK! I hate UTIs! Hope you're feeling better soon.

Joanne: It's hard sending your baby off into the world. I'm sure he'll enjoy school.

Lori: Checked out your cute "cat brats"! And good for you reporting Brian to his P.O. I hope they'll take action on their end.

Hope everyone has a "fun Friday"!:D

Stepping Out 08-15-2003 05:58 PM

P.S.

Welcome Soon 2 Be and Evilyn! I know you'll love it here:love:

MichelleK 08-15-2003 06:42 PM

Helllooo everyone! Its nice to see some posts!! But I have to make this short because I have to get dinner going! I got home late today because I had an interview too!! I fax'd my resume last night from home and this morning at 8:10 the girl on the phone was all excited and really wanted me to come in this afternoon for an interview because they were getting ready to make a decision and the administrator really really liked my resume! So say a little prayer and keep your fingers crossed or whatever you want to keep crossed....I would love this job! Its closer to Andrew's daycare and more money! And better health insurance benefits that THEY pay for the family! Can't beat that...its hard to find a company that pays for family coverage today including dental and vision! Oh please let me be the lucky duck this time! I know I just got a new job in June but I really really really really want this one!

Ok I'll be back I'm sure!

TTFN Michelle

MichelleK 08-15-2003 09:03 PM

Geeshh....here we go again!

2cute2Bfat 08-15-2003 10:29 PM

Michelle... I have all my fingers, toes, legs and eyes crossed for you. :dizzy:
I sure hope it works out. :crossed:

Joanne... don't worry about that little gain. I call those "flucuations" not gains. I had hoped to lose those 2 more pounds and have been pretty good most of the time... but I too gained a pound. :rolleyes: I am not stressing over it. I am disappointed... but not defeated.

Lori... cute pictures of your "babies". I bet they are very entertaining.

Sandy.. I tend to be more like you... I like instant gratification. :lol:
That is not only with food... but everything. :rolleyes:

Natalie... I LIKE THE WAY YOU THINK !!! There were sooo many positives from that interview... I am glad you could see them too.
Your day will come. :yes:

Thin .. I am so happy you have your power back. Did it mess up any of your jobs?? How long were you without power ?? I would HATE for that to happen to me. Many years ago we were without power for 5 days... It was from a MAJOR winter snow/ice storm.
Thanks for starting the new thread too.

Wow.. this is the most I have been here in quite awhile.
Keeping it short gives me more time to come here more often.
I love long posts... but they sure are time consuming when writing them.
I am still exercising every morning. :strong: It is my TOP priority.
I am eating less... but need to get more veggies. Just eating less does NOT do it for me. I have to EAT wisely. BALANCE is the key for me. I need VEGGIES to lose. Not sure why just eating less does not do it for me.... but I have the knowledge that I need to eat veggies... now I MUST work them in MORE. PLUS WATER !!! I cannot tell you how important lots of water is for my program. When I lack on water I don't lose. When I drink tons of water I do.

And I can't forget the importance of EXERCISE. That has really helped me not only physically... but also emotionally and mentally.
There is a difference between emotional and mental. Water helps BOTH.

Okay.. gotta run.
Amanada... haven't heard from you in quite awhile. Who else is missing?? Lucky, Kat, Steph, who am I missing. There are two Joannes... only one has posted recently. If I missing your name... come tell me ... "HEY >> YOU FORGOT ME"

loranden 08-15-2003 11:07 PM

Wow, Michelle and Natalie, way to go on those interviews! Isn't is great when you get feedback like that?! :cp: Now, if only you guys get those jobs---and I am pulling for you!

thinthinker 08-16-2003 12:48 AM

Hi all! :wave: Still a quickie. :o We were without power for 22 hours. :( I was actually just finished with my last job on Thursday, had done 6, and was on my way home when all the lights went out. It was very freaky! I got to an intersection and the traffic lights were out and here I had just gone through that intersection 10 minutes earlier. I thought, "well this is going to make rush hour fun!" Then I went another 1/2 mile up the road and the traffic light was out and I thought, "that's really weird, usually if a car hits a pole or something you may have one light out and some businesses, but not going up a 1/2 mile". Then I kept going up the road another mile and all the lights were out and then I really got worried. Flog me, if you will, but my first thought was terrorism. Ok, so sue me, but that's what I thought. The car radio went staticky and then they were announcing that there was no power up the entire Eastern seaboard and well, I was sure we had another 9-11 on our hands. But thankfully that was not the case.

I got home and 'the baby' was supposed to drive to Flint that night and when I got home I told him, "humor me, whatever, but please do not drive to Flint tonight." Then I had the boys fill up everything we had with water. They laughed at me and I told them, "it's only water, I can water the garden if we don't have to use it" so they did.

I managed to get to one of the big groceries (which was actually able to stay open through the whole ordeal) and get some bagged ice that I loaded into my chest freezer downstairs to help keep it cold and some bottled water for drinking and some batteries.

We sat out on the front porch until 11:30 PM on Thursday night with patio torches going. It was too dang hot inside and there was a nice breeze on the porch.

BTW, I'd like to put my plug in now for citronella plants. I've had them for several years now, but this year in particular, I planted one in a ceramic pot on my front porch (you know, in my secret garden that isn't such a secret) and we have not had one moscitoe (ok, how the heck do you spell moscitoe?) bother us on the porch. It's like heaven! :D

Anyway, the power finally went back on about 2:30 this afternoon. They were asking people not to turn on their air right away so that everyone could get their power restored before everyone started just using full blast. So we waited until the sun went down and it got a little cooler out before turning the air back on. :(

I had all those reports to do online, but obviously couldn't so I had to call them all in and do them by hand. I had 6 jobs and a lunch to do today, but I had to call all the companies and get them postponed. All worked out well except for the lunch but they said it wouldn't count against me. :)

Well girls, that's my saga. I've not had a chance to read so I will call it a night. You all have a good one.

pjkdreamer 08-16-2003 06:52 AM

Good Early Sat am Chickies!

Have to be at work at 6:30 so just have a moment to wish you all a good healthful day!

check back in this afternoon:wave:

Grannie39074 08-16-2003 08:25 AM

I'm here

justme2338 08-16-2003 09:25 AM

Hi girls. It's going to be a busy day for me, we are taking a trip up to my dad's house for his birthday so I'll be gone all day. but I had to drop in and read your posts. And tell you this....

Last night we went to the mall and I pick up the most amazing workout DVD. It's belly dancing to hip-hop. Has anyone tried this? It sounded like so much fun so I picked it up. I'm going to try it this afternoon before we leave and I'll let you know how it goes. I figure once I drop another 40 pounds you'll be able to see a waist and I think this will help it to shrink even more...

Have a great Saturday!!

Natalie

katrinabgood 08-16-2003 10:04 AM

Hi

I'm back, did you miss me? Nah, I didn't think so...

I've had some ISP issues lately, just could not get on-line...not power failure related though...even before that.

Thin: I'm glad you got your power back...this was some far reaching power failure! We were not affected, THANK GOD...but the next town over was! I heard that traffic lights were down, for a while, and that half that town was without power...whew...I'm glad we managed to escape...we're only about 50 miles from NYC.

BTW...it's spelled, M*O*S*Q*U*I*T*O. I'm going to have to get me some citronella plants!

Yesterday, I went to the doctor for a check up...and ONLY because he would not give me a referral for my mammogram without a check up...:rolleyes: Here I am, all excited, cuz I KNOW my weight is less than the last time I was there...and the first words out of his mouth are, "So, what are you going to do about your weight?" Burst my bubble, cuz his scale said 246, while mine said 250 yesterday morning! I managed to stammer out something about my low carb way of eating...he told me that I would be better off following a 1500 cal diet and exercising daily. Said, "You can diet all you want, but without daily exercise, you won't maintain any kind of loss." I wanted to say...You don't look like you spend much time on the treadmill either, buddy...but thought better of that.

But...I know he's right...so I'm on my way out the door for a walk. Just might have to give this daily exercise thing a try.

Gotta run...well, WALK! See you all later.

PS...Big,heartfelt thanks to LUCKY, who called me last night to see if I was okay...:love: