Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-30-2015, 01:32 PM   #1  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Thumbs up October 2015 - Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - Everyone Welcome!

Hello Everyone! Welcome to the Check-In! Let's make it a great month!

I want to welcome everyone to the Daily Accountability Check-In. Our goal is to stay accountable and on track by posting our daily food and exercise choices. All food and exercise programs are welcome. Consistency is the key to reaching our weight loss goals.

Introduce yourself or jump right in and tell us what you have been doing.

Here's to the start of a great month!

Last edited by Diana3271; 10-31-2015 at 09:02 AM.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 05:02 PM   #2  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

I will start us off over here. Happy [almost] October!

flower - I love it when it rains too. Well most of the time. It rains a lot here so sometimes I wish it would stop. But I love waking up on the weekend to the pouring rain and just spending all morning in PJs, drinking coffee and relaxing! Sorry the PB was not exactly as you had been told. The Moon was pretty normal looking here, maybe a tad yellow. Not at all like the pictures I saw! Never thought it could have been from the lights though.

Nicholsfamily - congrats on the 8 pounds loss. THAT IS AMAZING!!!

LELi - I agree. Salads are always way better when they are interesting. I am so bad for just throwing dressing on some greens and choking it down lol.

Diana - enjoy your hair appointment!

Busy day off over here. Finally had two nights in a row of decent sleep! So feeling the energy to get things done. Lots of cleaning of things you can't see like the dogs, sink, sliding door track, some baseboards, my mattress, lots of laundry, etc. I am washing all my bedding getting ready to put on the winter duvet except it is sunny and WARM today! So might be holding off on that a bit longer. I hate when you spend all this time cleaning but your house still looks messy.

Baby and I went to Mother Goose this morning and this afternoon we are headed to Wal-Mart to take advantage of a free portrait session.

Scale is still up from the weekend, so I recorded it since it is the end of month. Putting me in a 0.6 loss for month. Depressing. If I want to hit my goal of under 200 for December 15 I really need to set up my game because there is no way I am going to make it at this rate.

I haven't entered anything in MFP yet today so hopefully I don't go over but here is today's plan.

B: omelette, slice of toast, coffee & milk, mini cheese biscuit waffle
L: mini cheese biscuit waffle, cheddar rice crackers & pesto hummus
D: mozzarella stuffed meatballs, wedges and some salad in a bag thing from Costco

Last edited by sotypical; 09-30-2015 at 05:12 PM.
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 06:42 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 245/241.2/170

Height: 5'5

Hi! My name is Divina. I'm a twenty-something year old from sunny and very dry California. Lol. I've struggled with my weight all of my life. I managed to lose about fifty two pounds by last thanksgiving. Sadly after that I shot back up seventeen pounds over this year. I've managed to get back into dieting and lose about five pounds of that recently.

For my dieting I'm doing weight watchers, how I lost the weight before, and I just started doing calorie counting too while watching my intake of processed carbs. As far as exercise goes I've been doing a combination of cardio and weight training which I'm hoping is attributing to this slow weight loss. Anyway...I'm determined to lose around eight pounds this month. Good luck to everyone!

B: traditional oikos banana creme yogurt (so tasty!)
L: a lightly dressed asian chicken salad
D: i'm planning to have roasted chicken, roasted potato wedges equating to one small potato, and some asparagus.
S: a banana and maybe a fudge pop after dinner

I'll also be going to the gym today.
DivineDivina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 09:30 PM   #4  
Trying to live below 200

Sotypical Welcome back!

DivineDivina Hi and welcome to the check-in. Sounds like you have a great plan in place.
Old 10-01-2015, 12:50 AM   #5  
Want2SmileAgain

S/C/G: 179/177.5/129

Height: 5'3"

Hi everyone. Just trying to stick with the discipline to get back into a body I don't hate. I have Cushing's syndrome which makes losing weight almost impossible. Have been working weekly with NRT (nutrition response testing) and finally lost three pounds. But it's taking forEVER and I'm losing hope.
Want2SmileAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 01:09 AM   #6  

hi everyone. Diana, thank you for the new page. I was a bit shocked when I saw it. October? oh no. Winter is coming again?

Once again it is late at night and I am short on time. So I will do personals tomorrow. Just a few quick words

hi Divina good to meet you. You have persistance. And that is worth a lot !

Want2SmileAgain I am sorry you are dealing with a phycical condition that makes weight loss slow at best. That must be so very difficult. Glad you are here.

Kelijpa According to a chinese medicine practitoner I used to go to, yes bouncing on the trampoline does help the lymphatic system. Its the movement of the ankle, I believe, that pumps the system. Although I could have that info wrong. She wrote a book called The body owner's manual. I like that title.

Will write lots more to people tomorrow.
Today I did not have any more of the peanut powder. It stayed on the shelf where it belonged. Tomorrow I will have more.
Hot chocolate 300
L: chicken sausage and salad 310
D: chicken with mustard lemon sauce and salad with BHF dressing 290
Frozen lemon protein stuff 30
Total for day: 930. ( but cocoa powder is high in carbs. So its not all that great)
I hope everyone has an awesome Thursday !

Last edited by flower123; 10-01-2015 at 01:14 AM.
flower123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 07:44 AM   #7  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

Want2SmileAgain Hi and welcome to the check-in.

Flower Welcome back!

Last night I watched Survivor and didn't get around to doing my stretches
This Morning: Nothing,Cody has an earlier than normal appointment at the groomer

I definitely have the edema going on. I woke with my left eye swollen, almost shut.

Calories for yesterday: 1410 +
Weigh In: 164.8
No Change

Have a great day!
Old 10-01-2015, 12:25 PM   #8  
Warrior Princess

I'm not posting as much these days but I'm still here, still trying to look like Jillian Michael's, and still look nothing like her. At least I can say that I've been exercising/running for almost 4 years without quitting! I never thought I would become an athletic person. I was the ultimate couch potato after work, plus smoked and drank like a pirate.

I'm thin but I'm fat thin...I guess that's better than being fat fat? It is what it is, right?

Have a good month, all.
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 12:30 PM   #9  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Good morning all, I couldn't get on this morning so now on the mobile site so will log my food later, same basically as yesterday except Apple instead of nectarine and no activia yogurt as I ran out...

178.5 this morning, still tracking in MFP so happy to be able to report that.

Sotypical -glad to hear you got some rest, my dog got a bath too,

Diana- sorry to hear the edema is bothering you again. I bought the Belleruth weight loss "album" on iTunes, I've been listening to the affirmations, I really like it, going to try and make it a habit.

Flower-I like that book title, too and thanks for the idea about the mini tramp, on YouTube they call it rebounding workouts. I'm going to try and do the gentle bounce as a warm up, when I do other exercises. I am using your quote with a small addition while practicing a technique from WW they call anchoring. I look at my ring and say to myself "negative thoughts and unhealthy behaviors do not honor me or the body in which I live" supposedly someday I'll just look at my ring and that phrase will pop into my head, probably while I'm hogging down some French fries

Last edited by kelijpa; 10-01-2015 at 12:31 PM.
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 12:58 PM   #10  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

Happy October, friends!

I'm up to 154.?, 4 pounds heavier than last month. My typical stress response is to slowly increase the carbs, stop tracking calories, not work out, etc. My dad's buriel is today, memorial is on Saturday.

Diana, my whole family responds to stress with morbid humor and laughter. we got the giggles when the morgue people came to get his body and could barely contain ourselves! It didn't help that one of the guys looked like either a vampire from Twilight or Neo from The Matrix, with his wool trench coat and stupid haircut. They left a rose on the bed, and the creepy cheesiness really set us off. We are terrible! Maybe we wouldn't be so weird about it if my dad wasn't the abusive person he was. It sure complicates the emitions and grieving.

Last edited by CoolMom75; 10-01-2015 at 12:59 PM.
CoolMom75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 01:16 PM   #11  
LosingWeightTheRightWay

S/C/G: 185/See Ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Happy October everyone!

Welcome Divina and Want2SmileAgain!! You'll love it here. It's a great place to stay accountable

Speaking of being accountable, I really need to start checking in on the weekends. They are always my downfall but if I have to write it down someone, i'm less likely to eat that bad thing, right?

Here is my check-in for today

Breakfast - 1 small slice of dark rye with a little light peanut butter and 1 small slice of sprouted barley and rue bread with a lightly fried egg and a little light cheddar + 1 banana

Snack - Strawberry flavoured Greek yoghurt tub

Lunch - Lightly fried Tofu w/ a little light soy sauce, some sweet potato with pepper and kale with a tahini dressing

Snack - Small palm-ful of dry roasted, unsalted almonds and 1 apple

Dinner - About a 1/3 cup cooked brown rice with chickpeas in a tomato curry sauce and kale salad on the side

Exercise - 45 mins or 2 miles on the treadmill

Have a great day everyone!
LELi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 01:18 PM   #12  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

add me to the list of people who just can't keep up with life and this board. I barely have time to read, let alone post. But, I am here - occasionally and checking in ocassionally! (so not to worry anyone that I might have fallen off the wagon again!

Weight keeps coming down, but I'm finding it harder to stay away from the quick fixes of simple carbs. That will be a battle for the rest of my life (and what made the 50 pound gain over the fall/winter/early spring) last year. But, I'm just shy of losing 50 pounds in even less time than I put it on, so there is at least that!

Hoping the treadmill desk will help!
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 08:45 PM   #13  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Well, we've had 5 inches of rain and we're expected to get 12-18 inches more. Yikes!

Novangel Great job sticking with your exercise routine. I thought of you last night at my hair appointment. There is MAJOR drama at the salon that I go to. A husband/wife own the shop and they are having major problems between themselves. All of the beauticians rent booths but they are all concerned with the situation.

Kelijpa I hope the meditation/affirmations are helpful. I listen while I am preparing breakfast and cleaning up. Actually, if I am home alone, I always have that one or the Relaxation Wellness one running in the background. I find that I'm not tempted as much with the Weightloss one and the Relaxation one seems to keep me more calm and focused with the stressors that I have dealt with the last few years.

CoolMom Wow, that guy does sound weird. You would think they would want to look as normal as possible with doing that type of work. We had a customer who did embalming (whatever you call it) and you would never know what he did. He always wore business suites when you saw him. I hope all of the ceremonies go smoothly for you and the family.

Leli I don't think I have ever had tomato curry, but that sounds good with the chickpeas and brown rice.

Berry Hi It's good to see you.

Waving Hi all around! Enjoy your evening!
Old 10-01-2015, 08:52 PM   #14  
Trying to live below 200

Total Approx 1320 calories +

Breakfast (325 Calories + coffee)
spritz olive oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Mediterranean Blend Veggies
14 g. Organic Valley feta cheese 30 calories
1/2 Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin or 1 piece Alpine Valley organic whole wheat bread 65 calories
1 T. pumpkin butter 25 calories
juice 75 calories or less
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (385 Calories)
Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 100 calories
2 slices Applegate Farms Black Forest Ham & lettuce 50 Calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Greek Yogurt 100 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (610 calories)
Turkey cranberry flatbread 300 calories
salad w/chicken & reduced fat balsamic 150 calories
fruit cup 60 calories
bite of DH's sandwich and soup 100 calories

Exercise:
LM Body Attack 61
Old 10-01-2015, 10:06 PM   #15  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Welcome Divinedivina and Want2smileagain!

CoolMom hope everything goes well and you can get relief from your stress

Novangel that's great keeping up your exercise/running for 4 years. I'm going to really try and keep up my jogging over the winter. Have no excuses, there's a gym at work, I just need to make it a priority.

LELi I love reading your food, I struggle with weekends, too. I definitely do better if I log in my food somewhere, even if it's off plan.

Diana hope you're feeling better with the edema. ETA-wow, sorry to hear about all that rain! Stay safe! I think the med/a ff really helps, I was listening while the guys were babbling on at work

Flower I bounced for 5 minutes before doing my weights and yoga, it was a good warmup.

BBB

Hope everyone has a good night and weekend

B-oatmeal, sunflower nuts, raisins, almond milk
L-romaine, mushrooms, olives, 5bean salad, Greek yogurt, wguacamole, siracha
D-salad, cod, cole slaw
S-Apple, banana
E- walk, weights (5 lb Dumbbells), yoga (20 mins)

Last edited by kelijpa; 10-01-2015 at 10:09 PM.
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote