Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-08-2015, 03:50 PM   #76  

Hi all,

I'm coming back with a rather sheepish expression.... I have been rubbish for keeping my accountability going! I did pop by a few weeks back, trying to get back I to things, but I disappeared again a bit fast!

August was a busy month, we bought our first home, moved, decorated into September, adopted a rabbit, had a birthday... I'm sure I'm forgetting something! It has been a hard few weeks. Anyway, I keep getting a bit fed up with my weight, and I keep trying to commit to dealing with it, but my motivation lasts all of 5 minutes. So I'm going to do my best to form good habits again, and stop by more.

I satrted going to Badminton classes, so am getting some exercise in, and I hope to build in a couple more hours a week. Food-wise, my meals have always been reasonably healthy, but it's the extras that need to go. Will kep a food diary for a few days to help me out.
Coop27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 04:17 PM   #77  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Zumbachica good to see you

Diana I am so with you on the "like an addict" thing, DH wanted brownies on the weekend, I made them, had one, no big deal, but maybe that awakened the napping FatGirl, I listened to Tara Brach for the first time last night, it was a teaching on genuine acceptance, very interesting. Belleruth is my go to.

CoolMom she's annoying, isn't she good job working on getting back on plan.

Coop welcome back, congrats on the new home and bunny and happy birthday!

Nichols love the new pic, you look great, fit and happy.

LELi the app I use is called Simply Yoga, it was recommended in a magazine I read, it's free with an ad at the end, I think it was 3.99 maybe for the full version without the ad. Hope you're feeling better.

Flower

DivineDivina great job getting to the gym!

So, giving blood tomorrow, first time in a few years, hope it goes well. I did good with food today, the inner struggle was fierce at times, but I'm not giving up. I put an alarm in my phone to make me get up and walk, today I changed it to a Bob Marley song, Get up, Stand up, pretty funny when it went off today, but it did get me to go, so that was good.
B-oatmeal, raisins, sunflower nuts, almond milk
L-spring mix, olives, 5 bean salad, mushrooms, wholly guacamole mini, Greek yogurt, siracha
D- chicken sandwich, half a beer
S- yogurt, Apple
E- walk, plan to do yoga, maybe bounce a bit

Best to all

Last edited by kelijpa; 10-08-2015 at 04:34 PM.
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 05:30 PM   #78  
LosingWeightTheRightWay

S/C/G: 185/See Ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Thanks for all the get well support. Still don't feel so great today. I think I need the weekend to sleep it off. And luckily I have the whole of next week off work.

kelijpa - Thanks for the info on the app!

Here is my check in today

Breakfast - 2 small slices sprouted rye bread, one with light peanut butter the other with light cheddar and tomatoes. I also had one orange

Lunch - 2 slices of leftover veggie pizza

Snack - A couple of handfuls of popcorn

Dinner - Not sure. Don't really feel like anything in particular.

No exercise today. I am going to have another early bed night.

Have a good one all
LELi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 07:35 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 178/178/130

Height: 5'2"

Hi all,

Diana - I saw that part of SC is being evacuated. I jumped on here to see if you were in that part, and I take it you're not? I feel so bad for the people having to evacuate.

Coop - nice to meet you. Good job on the classes! I hear you on the healthy eating, but needing to get rid of all the "extras". I am currently working on that!

Kelijpa - the bouncing sounds fun! It reminds me I have a mini trampoline somewhere in storage. I need to get it out and use it while I watch TV! Also, gonna check out the Simply Yoga app.

Nichols - I didn't see the "old" you, but the new you looks great!

Leli - enjoy the next week off work and enjoy your early bedtime. Good to listen to your body. Feel better.

Here's today's food:

B - scrambled egg w/ zucchini and mushrooms; black coffee
L - chicken strips, 2 hushpuppies, (that's southern food) and handful of french fries. (I ate at a cajun restaurant today)
Snack - 2 squares dark chocolate
D - Not sure what I will eat for dinner. Possibly roast chicken, brown rice, and a salad / cooked spinach

I'm doing good staying away from the refined sugar and white flour products, but I think the hushpuppies may have flour in them. I didn't think about that at the restaurant, I just scarfed those suckers!
Lemondrop01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 09:35 PM   #80  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

DivineDivina Body pump is great. I think it also give you a cardio effect. Glad you were able to make it to the gym.

Coop Welcome back! Conrats on your home! Sounds like you have had a lot going on.

Kelijpa Gosh, brownies are so hard. I have heard so many times "You used to make me homemade brownies all the time". If I have them in the house, I won't be happy until the are all gone. I have bought DH a brownie, but I know it's not as good as homemade. I have also bought these: http://www.vitacost.com/no-pudge-fat...e-mix-original I can make a very small batch with this mix. I still think Belleruth is helping. Every day is still a challenge, but not quite as challenging. My higher calorie days are not as high, etc.

Leli Sending healthy thoughts your way.

Lemondrop It's all around us. We have been very blessed and lucky not to have any problems, so far. Gosh, I have scarfed down more things than you can imagine. Sometimes it just happens before you know it.

Waving Hi all around! Enjoy your evening!
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 09:38 PM   #81  
Trying to live below 200

Total Approx 1410 calories +

Breakfast (325 Calories + coffee)
spritz olive oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Mediterranean Blend Veggies
14 g. Organic Valley feta cheese 30 calories
1/2 Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin or 1 piece Alpine Valley organic whole wheat bread 65 calories
1 T. pumpkin butter 25 calories
juice 75 calories or less
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (385 Calories)
Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 100 calories
2 slices Applegate Farms Black Forest Ham & lettuce 50 Calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Greek Yogurt 100 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 calories)
salad w/grilled chicken & BHF's ranch 700 calories

Exercise:
Walk Your Way Slim
1 Mile w/Leslie (purple mile)
Old 10-09-2015, 06:40 AM   #82  

S/C/G: 215/173.2/125

Height: 5'2

Ok I'm going to vent...I'm extremely frustrated and I haven't had this happened the entire weight loss journey yet...I have gone from 151.0 to 153.8 in 9 days. Why am I going up? I am very worried. I'm still working out and still eating right so I don't know what's causing it.
Nicholsfamily1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 07:58 AM   #83  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone! TGIF!

I am grateful for the weekend!

Last night I added on: Stretch from Michelle Dozois Ultimate Workout
This Morning: Oxycise Level 2 workout

Calories for yesterday: 1410 +
Weigh In: 164.8
Down: 1.6 pounds

Have a great day and start to your weekend!
Old 10-09-2015, 11:48 AM   #84  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Good morning all, 179.2 this morning

Drizzling today, good day to telework I guess, feeling somewhat normal today, well normal for me

Lemondrop I'm enjoying the bouncing, my DH keeps saying don't bounce too high and bump your head on the ceiling, no danger of that

Diana thanks for the link! Weekends are awesome!!

Nichols don't get too frustrated, I know easier said than done, do you feel like you're retaining water at all? Like are your socks leaving marks on your legs, rings a little tight? Keep watching, you may have to tweak something. Are other indicators, like your clothes, telling you you're still getting smaller? Lastly, do you weigh at the same time and at the same point in your routine, like I always weigh before I drink my coffee, it seems like one sip can totally change the number. Best of luck figuring it out.

Best to all

Last edited by kelijpa; 10-09-2015 at 11:49 AM.
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 09:11 PM   #85  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Nicholsfamily Could you be dealing with hormones? Hang in there and give it a few days. Hopefully it's just fluctuations.

Kelijpa Normal is a good thing. It's better than whatever the alternative might be. I have had my "moments". Have a great weekend!

Total Approx 1410 calories +

Breakfast (325 Calories + coffee)
spritz olive oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Mediterranean Blend Veggies
14 g. Organic Valley feta cheese 30 calories
1/2 Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin or 1 piece Alpine Valley organic whole wheat bread 65 calories
1 T. pumpkin butter 25 calories
juice 75 calories or less
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (385 Calories)
Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 100 calories
2 slices Applegate Farms Black Forest Ham & lettuce 50 Calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Greek Yogurt 100 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 calories)
salad w/grilled salmon & BHF's ranch 700 calories

Exercise:
Jari Love's Get Extremely Ripped 1000 Hardcore w/8's

Last edited by Diana3271; 10-10-2015 at 07:57 AM.
Old 10-10-2015, 07:58 AM   #86  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night I added on: Tamilee Webb Total Body Stretch (standing)
This Morning: Nothing

Calories for yesterday: 1410 +
Weigh In: 164.4
Down: .4

Have a great day!
Old 10-10-2015, 09:30 PM   #87  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Total Approx 1770 calories + (today was more calories than I wanted to have. I have been trying to keep my calories lower on the weekend)

Breakfast (250 calories + )
Organic Valley vanilla shake 190 calories
coconut water 60 calories
coffee w/cream & sugar

Lunch (450 calories)

salad w/romaine, cucumbers, carrots, apple, kiwi, mushrooms, chick peas & BHF's chipotle mango dressing 400 calories
iced coffee my usual way 50 calories

Dinner (1070 calories)
Beef filet 600 calories <----This added more calories than I thought to the meal.
green beans 50 calories
grilled shrimp 100 calories
1/2 baked russet potato, topped w/au jus no butter 150 calories
vanilla yogurt and blueberry parfait 170 calories

Exercise
TK Round 39
60 Second Slim Down from Prevention's Get Your Body Back
Old 10-11-2015, 07:47 AM   #88  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night I added on: Project You Yoga/Flex
This Morning: Dishes and Belleruth

Calories for yesterday: 1770 +
Weigh In: 165
Up: .6

Have a great day!
Old 10-11-2015, 02:59 PM   #89  

S/C/G: 215/173.2/125

Height: 5'2

Diana3271: Something is going on got back up to 153.8 Friday I believe it was..back down to 151.4 this morning! I think it has something to do with my BM. (Sorry TMI!)...Clearly I need more fiber or something.

kelijpa: I haven't noticed lately any marks on my ankles from my socks..however I have previously noticed that. I thought drinking alot of water would help me not to retain so much is that not right? My weight is starting to go back down so I don't know if it has something to do with BM or if there was a day that I didn't count my calories right and may have eating over...I did switch up workout plans yesterday so maybe that is helping me out. It's stressful.

It hasn't been as busy this weekend as it usually is on here. I am back down to 151.4 (.4 lbs to lose until I back at my previous weight before I gained those few pounds that I vented about a few days ago..I don't know what is going on but I do no my BM have been messed up ...and I have been on the same workout routine for awhile..I really try not to get frustrated because I know SOMETHING has to be causing it but it gets aggravating. My GW is 126. But ideally I want to tone after 140...I have began to work on my stomach with ab workouts so I'm really hoping that helps out and I have a goal dress that I'm going to try on once I hit my goal weight.

Does anyone else have ideas on how to stay away from the scale...I hate to be so addicted but feel it keeps me accountable. lol

For lunch -- Chicken and Dumplins' ....

TTYL!
Nicholsfamily1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 07:37 PM   #90  
Hello!

S/C/G: 215/168.4/159.8

Height: 5' 5"

Hello, I'd like to try this thread. I'm struggling to keep losing weight (a mental thing, not a physical thing). I'm not good with the patience required, and need to get in that mindset. I'm going to try focusing on eating well rather than weight and see if that helps some (fingers crossed!). Baby steps.

B- chicken chili with a few noodles.
L- chicken chili and some tomato sauce on lettuce.
D- chicken chili and a slice of garlic bread.
S- 2 pieces dark chocolate, a few cocoa almonds, a few dried cranberries.
(can you tell I'm trying to use up some chicken chili?)

I was reading back a bit through the thread, and I agree with Diana and kelijpa about the "like an addict" thing. Sometimes I can absolutely have an off-plan meal and be fine. Other times it sends me into a tailspin. I'm slowly getting better at identifying those times (I think). It's rough sometimes to try and tell if I'll be okay going out to dinner. :/

Nichols, maybe try decreasing how frequently you weigh yourself? Like, if you do it daily, try every other day or weekly.
Penny105 is offline   Reply With Quote