Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-13-2015, 10:50 AM   #1  
Because I'm worth it!

S/C/G: 365/356/145

Height: 5'6

Default Apple shapes, what works best for you?

Hi all! I'm very apple shaped and hoping to lose belly fat! Seems like every time I lose weight it wants to shed everywhere else first.

I've read a few different things about what is the ideal diet for those who are apple shaped like me. One says complex carbs and no super sweet fruits or refined carbs and sugars. Another says low fat high protein.

So far I've just been watching sugar and overall calories. Of course I'm not eating super fatty foods but haven't been eating low fat or no fat alternatives (like I have full fat cream cheese and milk for example)

Just wondering if there's a specific plan you follow and how it works for you

Thanks!
Twohundred2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 02:21 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 193/176/130

Height: 5'8

Theres a video on YouTube by a fitness guru called "what metabolic type are you" , in it she says apple shapes usually do well on low carb/low sugar and/or a diet that is perfectly in balance, carbs to fat to protein. Low carb works for me, but its not something I can live my entire life on. I allow myself one starch at one meal and the rest of the meals are low carb, that way I dont feel too deprived.
ilovemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 09:08 PM   #3  
One with the Wind and Sky

S/C/G: 360/246/150

Height: 5' 8"

Love your avatar.

I'm very much an apple shape (I hate constantly looking pregnant), and what has worked for me is avoiding simple carbs, making sure to get healthy fats and protein with every meal, getting leafy veggies in, and watching my portions.

Good luck to you!
Elladorine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 10:11 PM   #4  
Shakin that bacon

S/C/G: 242/192/125

Height: 5'2

My belly started vanishing when I cut down my carbs. I'm an apple - although since losing I am losing my apple shape and becoming much less rotund. I'm now seeing a much smaller waist.
SpiritWolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 03:51 AM   #5  
Because I'm worth it!

S/C/G: 365/356/145

Height: 5'6

ilovemo - thank you! I checked out the video. I definitely can't do low carb I don't think that would be safe while I'm pregnant. Plus I've tried low carb in the past and it seems to lead me to binge. But I am switching to all complex carbs and no more refined!

Elladorine - Thanks girl I love it too! Thank you for the advice, that's helpful. I made a grocery list for tomorrow with those tips in mind.

Spiritwolfe - That's great! So happy for you. I can't wait to see a smaller waist!
Twohundred2lose is offline   Reply With Quote