Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-27-2003, 02:26 PM   #31  

Greetings from a UK chick!!!

Oh Viking Mom I've experienced something similar (not as heartbreaking tho') and I totally relate to the wearing of something which marks you out of place!!!

This thread is a fantastic one I relate to all that are there and I've one (by the way no way am I a Sunshine Mary type person uhuh )

this may be because I'm over here in the UK but people think they have a right to have a go at you because you're fat.. the stand up arguments I've had is unbelievable and I'm sick of coming out with the same old answer "I'm fat but can diet you'll always be ugly"

So I'm working my big fat butt out at the gym doing an eating plan that works for me and I've lost overall 33lbs since April - I must also mention I had a major operation then (hysterectomy) and that gave me the kick I needed - there was nothing to hide behind anymore e.g. I can't go to the gym I'm on a period or I'm very tired etc etc etc. I also had my photograph taken unaware and boy did I look a mess the worst I've ever seen myself - like Trixi I wondered who the **** is that!!!!!

On the subject of husbands I also would like to wear something drop dead gorgeous and totally blow his socks off and I'm going to buy something as soon as I'm in 7lbs of 150lbs

Keep going people - another reason is to shut my mother up!!!!!

Yo-Yo Dee
Yo-Yo Dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2003, 07:08 PM   #32  

My reason for today, I hate taking my clothes of in front of the mirror to get ready for a shower! One of these days I will undress, look at myself and say "WOW who is that!!!"

lol ladaha

Last edited by ladaha; 08-27-2003 at 07:10 PM.
ladaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2003, 09:19 PM   #33  

Hi Ladies, new to 3fc but love the thread..
1. health reasons... everyone in my family is diabetic but me,
trying to keep it that way.
2. I want to wear something from fredrics that doesnt have an x
Sheila
motorcyclemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2003, 10:44 PM   #34  
Web Designer/Homemaker

Wow!! What a great thread!!

I would like to add mine, hope thats okay.

Alot of the reasons I have I'm sure others have mentioned but I'm going to list all of mine.

1. I have 3 girls, all beautiful of course, and I never want them to look in the mirror and tell theirselves that their fat and ugly. If I can lose the weight and keep it off, they will see me eating right and exercising and hopefully, fingers crossed, will be healthy their whole lives and never half to struggle to feel good about theirselves.

2. I want to look and the mirror and say "Damn girl you are a knockout!"

3. I'm sick of people saying "You have a pretty face, now if you would just lose some weight" That one tends to PO me!!

4. The towel thing, others mentioned, you got that right. It would be nice to be able to wrap a towel around myself.

5. I want to be able to look down and see my feet without having to bend over

6. Just once, I want my husband to see some other guy starring at me and ask him "what the **** hes looking at?" (I did that to some woman once when I caught her staring at my husband)

Those are a few, I'm going to keep thinking on it though.

Thanks,
Angel
LKBAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2003, 12:51 AM   #35  

I am a little ahead of myself but when I thought of tomorrows reason for the day I was so excited that I can't wait to post it! so I am posting it at 10:45 pm MST. EST is 12:45 am so it is tomorrow right!! lol

I am sick and tired of wearing bra's that fall off my shoulders! My sisters have told me about a wondreful bra at Victorias Secrets!
You go in and have some sales lady (probably a size 2) help you get exactly the right size!!! YEAH RIGHT like I am going to strip down and let some tooth pick touch my fat rolls!
lol

I WANT A VICTORIAS SECRETS BRA!

ladaha

Last edited by ladaha; 08-28-2003 at 12:54 AM.
Old 08-28-2003, 04:13 PM   #36  

Viking Mom - i'd kill her...

Thank you oh yes my mother bless her!!! Thinks she can say anything and usually does in public and expects me not to blow my top when I get her alone.

Reason today is "I zipped up a dress I haven't worn in ages and I want it to fit me better"

Good vibes to you all

Yo-Yo Dee
Old 08-28-2003, 04:31 PM   #37  

I didn't get Engagement Pictures Taken and my husband really wants a pic of me . When I lose 30lbs I am going to take a nice 40's style pin up pic for him.
To SHUT UP his grandmother who is constantly telling me how proud she is my SIL is so thin and pretty.
My health...everyone in my family is developing diabetes.
Also I want to be the best ME I can be. I will never be 110lbs I have a big body structure but I can be one HE** of a 145!!
MeganGloria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2003, 07:53 PM   #38  

My daughter and I ride motorcycles for fun... She is 16 and her and i have toured 36 states on our gold wing. She is now asking for her own bike . We are looking for a nice starter bike for her and she is getting her first set ofleather chaps to go with her coat. She wants me to get a set also but not untill there is no x in the size. Sheila
Old 08-28-2003, 08:36 PM   #39  

4 more reasons girls and we have hit 100 reasons to lose weight!!!

LOVE THEM ALL!

Some are health related , some are funny , some are sexy and some are to in the face of people who are to us! What ever the reason they are all great!!

ladaha

Last edited by ladaha; 08-28-2003 at 08:44 PM.
Old 08-29-2003, 02:31 PM   #40  

I WANT TO GO TO A FJORD TOPLESS, TOO!!! That would be such a kick. Before I read this thread, I had Mexico picked as a reward destination. But I've always wanted to visit Norway (I'm 1/4 Norwegian). OK, count me in on a visit to a fjord with my shirt left elswhere.

My reasons: I'm developing creases in my neck and above my pubic line. I want them to go away.

Love this thread!

AR
Aquareggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2003, 04:21 PM   #41  

Viking Mom,
I totally understand your reason there. Can I use your reason for the day as my own! There are couples in my neighborhood that get together once a month for a "dinner group", Or to play games. I have been their neighbor for over 7 years and never once been invited to come. I have had them at my home but never been invited! Do they think I will take up to much room on their couch or something?

ladaha

188/180/135
Old 08-29-2003, 05:22 PM   #42  
MomWifeTeacherFriend

Hey ya'll....

This week I had to go back to school. I teach first grade.
At Christmas I weighed 200+ pounds. This week I weighed in
at 169! Yahoooo!
My reason for wanting to lose is : looking good and getting compliments!

I've spent the MOST incredible week listening to my teacher friends OOOhhh and AHHHhhhhh over me, my new weight, my new clothes AND my new hair! (I had a very long spiral perm. I NOW have very short, razor cut hair that has been colored!). I STILL see the FAT ME in the mirror...I have a very hard time accepting compliments....BUT, WHAT an ego trip just walking down the hall this week has been! My kids from last year came back to see me (they were a great support during the day with keeping me OP!) and WOW! They went on and on and on too!

This has THRILLED and MOTIVATED me like CRAZZZZY!

I *HAVE* to keep this up....I can't let EVERYONE down! Actually their compliments kept me RIGHT OP! LOL I've worked with some of these gals for 17 years.....this morning the hall lights weren't on....and one of my dear friends didn't recognize me at the end of the hall! What a HOOOOOT! hehehee!

19 pounds to my goal!
I CAN do this! I AM doing this! YOU can too!

take care
Robyn
HatterasMermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2003, 05:40 PM   #43  

Hiya People - Thanks for thinking about me Viking Mom but I'm about 300 miles away from the electrical cut out's - and I'm really glad I'm not in London this weekend

I watched a program on TV last nite which was called 18-30 stoners (252lbs - 420lbs) which focussed on how they dealt with their bodies and the perceptions of people around them. I felt myself wanting to email the program and giving this website as a point of support to those that wasn't happy with their bodies although most of the people involved were happy with their weight/looks a couple weren't and the program didn't really deal with that aspect. It was the first "reality" TV program I've watched all thro' and it left me a little sad. Most of those that weren't happy just wanted to fit in to everyday activities with the family/community. HA! I thought I know exactly how you feel.

My reason today for losing weight today is to be able to paint my toenails without resorting to outside help (e.g. husband)

Keep this going it is a wonderful pleasure exchanging ideas with all you people.... motorcycle mom I wish I'd have had you as a mother at 16!!!

Have a good weekend

Dee
Old 08-29-2003, 06:14 PM   #44  

I WANT TO BE A MOMMY SOOOO BAD!I find myself at Babie Are Us..sitting in the rocking chairs and watching all the pregnant woman and babies stroll by!

Praying for a baby everday!...Trying to get motivated for Monday September 1st 2003...D Day!
Skinny4baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2003, 08:55 PM   #45  

rain rain go away.... my daughter had her first day at a real job today. I work for friends sometimes who own a leather goods store for motorcycles and they needed both of our help for a big four day labor day sale. It rained all day but we where still pretty busy. it is 8:30 pm here and she is already in bed. I think she is finally realizing how hard real life is. we found her chaps today...xxs Iam glad she doesn't have a weight problem since i have been over 250 and her dad has hit 350plus but its hard putting chaps on others all day the are little knowing that i have to have a xl.
We signed up for a yoga class together that starts sept 8 so thats gonna be new for me. I like working out but yoga isvery diffrent for me.
Viking mom, i would love to go to norway and ride.I would even go the the fjord, my husband and I are nudest so the topless thing wouldn't bother me. Christina and I are hoping to finish the lower 48 next summer and then Hawaii the year she graduates from high school. We are planning on having our bike freighted to hawaii, cheaper to do that then rent one there everyday. You can rent harley over here by the day , week or month so come on over... the route 66 trip would be a kick *** ride, but you really dont want to do it in july or aug.

Sheila