Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-10-2015, 05:41 PM   #1  

Default Starting! Buddy please?

Hi I've been gearing myself up to start my weight loss journey, my scales came today so I'll be weighing myself in the morning (argh!) Last time I weighed myself I was about 18.5 stone My first goal will be to lose 7lb. I need a buddy really to help inspire me and keep me on track! Possibly to keep in touch over Facebook or email?
Must weigh over 18 stone as I tried to lose weight with my 12 stone best friend and I got so jealous as to me she was already nice and slim!
I've tried weightwatchers, slimming world etc. Cambridge diet is too expensive for me and shakes do not satisfy me. I want to lose weight the old fashioned way- healthy eating and exercise.
Any takers?
brainybunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 06:36 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 214/160/140

Height: 5'4

Hello brainybunny! I'm more of a not so swift tortoise myself. I just wanted to invite you to the active and online buddy search thread. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weig...dy-search.html We've got good participation and we're all different sizes and at different phases of our weightloss journey. I started out at more than 15 stone and am now just below 13 stone (had to google it - I'm a Yank).

I'm a real weightloss slowpoke: I eat ~1700 calories most days and then a little more on weekends. My biggest problem is getting motivated to exercise. If I follow my eating plan to the "T", I'm still looking at 10 months to lose another 30 pounds. And even that would be ambitious as I usually allow myself wine and ice cream on Saturday or Sunday. After some rapid weight loss early on, at this point I'm happy if I lose two pounds in a single month. If you'd like to check us out, come on over! We're a supportive bunch!
Treasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 05:41 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 230/150/150

Height: 5'7

Hi brainybunny!

I am also a Yankee, haha, but I think I weigh about 17 stone. I am getting a scale soon so then I'll know for sure. I am also trying to lose weight just through healthy eating and exercise, and would be happy to have a buddy if 17 stone is close enough.
LesGetFit is offline   Reply With Quote