3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Getting out of the 180's??? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/305517-getting-out-180s.html)

KrisM11 02-14-2016 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danieh09 (Post 5239069)
I've been doing low carb and before the holidays I had dropped down to 175 but this time around I'm just sitting between 180-183. I dropped water weight and now nothing. Trying to stay optimistic!!

Hi, Danieh! I can so relate. Made it to the 70's and then immediately bounced back. We can do this!! Rationally, I know the ups-and-downs are part of this, but I also know it's frustrating as it seems the weight comes on so quickly, but goes off so sloooooowly.

KrisM11 02-14-2016 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrixieCatLAX (Post 5239071)
Good morning, everybody!
Kris - thanks for the welcome! I totally get the thinking of not wanting to move on too quickly to the next decade. I mean, weight fluctuations can happen all of the time. I've noticed that a lot of people on 3FC get really upset when they go up a pound or two for a few days... I think it's that they get into that trap of thinking they are done with a particular number.

Thank you for the welcome too, shymouse!

I need to focus on salads, too, Watercolor :)

Thanks, Trixie! So true about the trap of numbers. LOL It especially messes with my head when I get to a number I haven't seen in years -- I'm excited about being at a certain number, but yet I *know* I have so much farther to go. I have to keep my head in the game, while also accepting that some set-backs are *normal*. Almost nobody has a straight line down to goal.

How is your weekend going??

KrisM11 02-14-2016 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shymouse (Post 5239077)
I loss .6 so I am back to 190. I am glad I am back, but I can't wait to be making progress for my goal this month.

I hear you! Let's kick it into gear the next few weeks! :D

TrixieCatLAX 02-14-2016 01:35 PM

My weekend is going pretty well, thanks! I made my husband go with me on a 3 mile urban trek to a vegan restaurant in Venice Beach, yesterday. He was a little grumpy on the way there ("ummm, we're not even vegans and yet we're walking miles to get vegan food"), but once we sat down and had our healthy lunch, he was happy.

I did slip up a bit last night by choosing to have a small glass of rye whiskey, but I'm sure I'll live!

How about you, Kris?
How's everyone else doing?

Congrats, shymouse, in getting to 190! I knew you would do it soon

Emily.rae 02-14-2016 03:00 PM

I have enjoyed reading the posts on these forums, seem very supportive! Although I am happy to be part of the 180's club, I am even more excited to move on to the 170's club...only 4.4 more pounds to go :)

Volatis 02-15-2016 05:12 AM

Unfortuntely I am back in the 80s! Weight shot up again over the weekend so I am 182 today. Have to try even harder to get back into the 70s!

KrisM11 02-15-2016 11:59 AM

Trixie ~ A trek to Venice Beach sounds wonderful! I'm from MN and it's freezing here right now. Can't wait to be able to get back outside a little bit more.

Emily ~ Welcome to the 80's thread! :) Some of us are fixtures here. LOL!

Volatis ~ Great to see you again, although was hoping it'd be back in the 70's! GRR! Let's get back there! :)

I had a relatively peaceful weekend and managed to stay on track. Still at 180. :/ Going to really watch my carbs this week and try and get back on the treadmill.

TrixieCatLAX 02-15-2016 03:23 PM

Whew, I am having a tough time exercising today. I'm just feeling kind of draggy! :( I'll have to give it another effort later, when I have time, because I quit early. BOO!

I hope that everyone had a great weekend!

Volatis - Sorry that you're back in the 180s. That's a bummer. I'm sure that you'll be out of here in no time, though!
Emily.rae - :welcome2:

KrisM11 02-16-2016 11:27 AM

Hey everyone - miracle of miracles I saw the elusive 7 appear on the scale! 179.7 -- finally! :) Hoping it sticks! I will be on this thread for a while though-- until I have some more traction there. :P could easily be a one-day fluke.

TrixieCatLAX 02-16-2016 11:48 AM

Yaaaaaaaassss, Kris! That's AWESOME.

:cp:

How's everyone else doing?

KrisM11 02-16-2016 01:51 PM

Thanks so much, Trixie!!! How is it going for you today??

Hope everyone else is doing OK! We can do this, ladies! :)

shymouse 02-16-2016 04:00 PM

That is amazing Kris. Keep up the good work, you will be officially and for good in the 170s before you know it ^_^

TrixieCatLAX 02-16-2016 07:00 PM

I'm doing great, actually! I was a bit hungry and feeling a bit faint yesterday, but once I had some protein it was all good.
Now that I'm working out regularly, I'm finding that everything that I put in my mouth matters. It's like I'm an athlete again. It's not just that I shouldn't eat sugar and drink alcohol, now. It's that I don't want to! I'd call that a non-scale victory!

I'm with you, Kris - WE CAN DO THIS, LADIES!

KrisM11 02-17-2016 01:42 PM

Thanks, Trixie and Shymouse! I appreciate the encouragement! We're in this together. :)

Trixie, that is definitely a NSV. It's funny you say that because I was just thinking about how when I shift my focus on food to be more about nourishment and health vs. diet/ non-diet, calories, etc. -- it's an easier path to walk. Eat for health and the weight loss will follow. :)

I've been really trying to get my water in, and it's been helping. Hope everyone has a great day!

TrixieCatLAX 02-17-2016 06:58 PM

That is definitely a great way to look at it. I can become hyper-focused on such weird details. Like, I weighed myself last night and it was two pounds heavier than in the morning. I was super disappointed because it was the weigh-in my husband and I do together, and I told him a different number in an email earlier. He didn't care, but I was way ticked.

Anyway, yeah, I want to get down to the 180s and beyond, but not by obsessing over every last calorie and carb gram.

Yamfoot 02-17-2016 07:13 PM

My first goal is to get into the 180s. I am currently 223. The lowest I recall weighing in my recent adult life was 199. I recently started working with a Trainer so I hope I get success from that.

JenniferDrost 02-18-2016 08:55 AM

Just follow a healthy diet plan and exercise, you will get success soon.

KrisM11 02-18-2016 12:37 PM

Hi all,

Trixie -- I have been there too with the hyper-focus. Although, I will say, you are brave to weigh-in at night! I'm almost always 2-3 lbs. heavier! :P

Hi, Yamfoot! This is a great place for support! Setting smaller goals within the larger goal has really helped me stay focused so it doesn't seem overwhelming.

Hope everyone is doing OK! I've been slightly under 180 for 3 days now, but I'm trying not to get too attached to that number, so I stay the course. I do feel so much better than I did a few months ago -- not just because of weight, but because I started walking again, eating better,etc. That's what I have to remember; it's not just about the "end goal" -- it's about my health and with every lb. lost, exercise, healthier eating, I'm helping myself.

shymouse 02-18-2016 01:26 PM

Yay for staying below the 180s. I believe you can stay below it and if you are still below it by the end of the month, you can join the 170s ^_^

I am just waiting to officially weight myself this Saturday. I will probably, hopefully be around the same weight. I never know though as my visitor finally came today. I am a glad as I swear I was feeling the effects for two weeks.

Next month I am going to try to give up sugar as much as possible. I am going to try to use the rest of this month to wean off sugar slowly.

KrisM11 02-18-2016 01:46 PM

Thank you for believing in me, Shymouse! I will definitely stick around until month's end, until I am safely planted in 70's! :)

Funny you say that about the sugar. Was just e-mailing a co-worker who was recently dx'd with diabetes II. Not sure if you've seen it, but there's a documentary (think it's free on YouTube) called The Skinny On Obesity. Really fascinating. Ever since watching it, I've been WAY more mindful about my sugar intake and I think it's helped -- not just with weight loss, but keeping me on track. I was always so afraid of "fats" but since upping them in my diet (and cutting sugar/carbs down) it's really helped me stay on track as I don't feel as hungry all the time. I think it will help you! :)

shymouse 02-18-2016 04:18 PM

You are welcome. I want to see the video, but I am kind of not ready to let sugar go fully. I will watch it though. I tried not to have sugar before and it is like in everything. I am going to go grocery shopping soon and buy food so I can make meals and everything. I can't make rice so I will be cutting that out. Also I can cook meat, but it is a bit gross and takes and while and you need to be careful when you cook it. So, meat will likely not be an option unless it is like breakfast sausage's or bacon as they aren't that bad to make. I shouldn't be having them, but I know I will crave meat lol. I have meat at home that hat I haven't cooked. I am going to try to encourage a family member to cook it for me instead lol.

KrisM11 02-19-2016 11:08 AM

Shymouse, I haven't cut sugar / carbs entirely; I'm just more mindful of added sugar than I used to be. So, if something has natural sugar, like fruit does, that's fine, but I've tried to cut out sodas and processed stuff with added sugar. Granted, even this isn't 100%, but at least we're making changes, right? Over time, the small changes add up! I know cooking meat can be difficult sometimes if you're not used to it. I love using my crockpot for chicken breasts. It's easy! You can just put them in a.m., fill with water, seasoning of your choice and voila! Perfectly cooked and still moist by day's end. :)

TrixieCatLAX 02-19-2016 12:15 PM

shymouse - I feel you on sugars. I have reduced my sugar intake, but am not planning to cut it out completely. I am a hobby baker. I mean, pies, breads, croissants... I just can't bring myself to completely say goodbye. I need to learn to freeze a good amount of what I make and just ration it out. It's all about awareness, in my mind.

I'll have to check out that documentary, Kris. Kris, you will stay below the 180s this weekend. I just know it. If you're moving to a new forum, then may I extend you a fond farewell!

Have a great weekend, y'all!

shymouse 02-19-2016 12:32 PM

Kris - That is how I plan to cut out sugar. Like no soda, candy, sweets, or adding sugar to things.

Trixie - I don't plan on cutting bread or croissants out. Like I feel like they aren't that bad in sugar.

Though, sugary things and or drinks won't do. It shouldn't be that hard as I usually don't even have a sweet tooth. Soda may be hard to quit lol.

Also, drinking hot/warm water with a slice of lemon in it is kind of filling. I learned that actually drinking warm/hot water has a good amount of benefits lol

Watercolor 02-20-2016 06:09 PM

Hi y'all :wave

Due to being diabetic, I had to get off sugar.

But right away, I found that after being off sugar for 2 days,
my craving for sugar went away. In fact, my appetite was much smaller,
and I could tell when I was satisfied/full.

KrisM11 02-23-2016 02:41 PM

Just wanted to pop-in and see how all of you are doing? I'm plugging along still... a hair under 180 still, so I'm going to head over to the 70's (take two!)! Thank you all for the support here and hopefully we'll meet up again down the road! Keep fighting the good fight, ladies!

dayoneagain 02-24-2016 03:04 AM

I seem to be a little stuck at 182. Trying not to put too much pressure on myself and will just keep on going slow and steady. Would be great to make the 170s for March though :)

TrixieCatLAX 02-29-2016 12:30 PM

How's everyone doing at the end of the month?
Well, I hope. If not... Tomorrow is the beginning of a whole new month!

shymouse 03-03-2016 07:01 AM

At the end of the month I was not at my goal, likely because of Chinese food. Although, I weighted myself the 2nd and I was 187.8. I hope I can lose .8 this week and then lose 3 or 4 more pounds for March.

How are you doing Trixie?

TrixieCatLAX 03-03-2016 12:18 PM

Well, hey! Being in the 180s officially must be nice, shymouse!
As for me, I was super close to the 180s on the 2nd (191) but have since bumped up to 193! SADFACE.
I need to reevaluate my caloric needs, energy expenditure. I'm going to have to change something.
I hope that I can get down to the 180s officially by next Monday, hoping that the jump up was just a sodium/water thing that can be gone just as quickly it arrived to plague me!

Let's see where we're at in a few days, I guess.

shymouse 03-03-2016 01:28 PM

Trixie,

I agree, let's drink a lot of water and weight in on Monday. I will post my weight and see if I have any changes. I really need to learn on how to cut back on salt.

weightloss2016 03-11-2016 11:57 AM

Hopefully third time is the charm....

This is my third time in 3FC.... both the earlier time I reached my goal weight and stopped visiting 3FC and eventually started gaining it all back... hoping it wouldn't happen again... Starting @ 187lbs

shymouse 03-11-2016 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by weightloss2016 (Post 5246048)
This is my third time in 3FC.... both the earlier time I reached my goal weight and stopped visiting 3FC and eventually started gaining it all back... hoping it wouldn't happen again... Starting @ 187lbs

Welcome back, I am sorry to hear that, but you will get back to your goal. I actually need to put my WIs and goals up.

TrixieCatLAX 03-11-2016 04:39 PM

Welcome back, weightloss2016 :welcome2:

How's it going, shymouse?

As for me, I'm doing okay. I figured out that the weight I gained was related to my TOM! I know why I stalled for the first week, too, so... Water under the bridge. Moving on! I actually weighed in 190.2 this morning and feel that I finally truly belong in this 180s thread. Yay for that! Maybe it'll be official tomorrow. Fingers crossed!

It's sooooo important to me to get out of the 180s, even if I may only finally arrive there this weekend or Monday. When I hit 179.9, I'll no longer be classified as "obese" for my height. That is such a big deal for me. I hate labels, but still am susceptible to them. Grrrr.

How's everyone doing? Anything fun planned for this weekend?

shymouse 03-12-2016 11:41 AM

I am glad to hear that Trixie. I have been doing okay. Today I weighted in as I couldn't wait until Tuesday. I was 188.0. I know my period is coming next week most likely. Including, I had salty food so hopefully by drinking more water I will be smaller for Tuesday, even if it is okay by a little. On the first of the month I was 190.6,so I am still happy about my WI today. May I ask how tall you are?

TrixieCatLAX 03-14-2016 12:49 AM

Glad that you've been doing okay.
I myself had a poor eating weekend! I'm a little ticked at myself, but truth be told, I've had worse eating weekends.
We'll see where I weigh in tomorrow, but like you I was under 190 on Friday! Woohoo!

I'm about 5'5-1/2". I'm a size 14 and cannot wait to get down to a 12. That will be a major milestone!

shymouse 03-14-2016 05:15 PM

That is good. I will be doing a WI tomorrow too.I will let you know where I am.I likey will be a little high as water weight.

TrixieCatLAX 03-17-2016 10:49 AM

How is it going, shymouse? Well, I hope.

I was just thinking that it's a good thing that you anticipated gaining a bit of water weight. A big breakthrough for me this time around is understanding how my body reacts to things like alcohol, increased salt, micro tears in my muscles from doing resistance training... It helps me to keep cool and patient when my scale tells me I've shot up by 2 pounds overnight.

Speaking of the scale, I'm trying not to get caught up with my numbers, but I made that a little hard on myself... You see, I participate in Diet Bet, and I have a current wager against myself that I foolishly entered into a couple of weeks back. I thought that my rate of weight loss was more consistent and "better" than it actually is, I guess. It seemed like a safe bet/motivator at the time. Anyway, if I don't lose 3.5 pounds by next Friday morning, my $100 bet will be lost. YIKES!

shymouse 03-23-2016 08:24 AM

Hey, I have been better. After not being well, and then getting my visitor I was scared I wouldn't make my goal. Though, I am 184.4 when I checked this morning. Though, I did have a lot of salty food last night, so I could be less. Yesterday I was 183.8 so almost dying helped. It is likely water weight. I am happy and want to loose about 2 more pounds by the second week of April. I will be back at the gym today since I feel better. Still have a likely open cyst, but I think it'd be safe to gym. I am on antibiotics too so yeah.

I hope you are doing well,and sorry for disappearing.

Tuscany 03-26-2016 07:23 AM

I just made it into the 180's yesterday at 189.75 and this morning I was 189.5. So, I figured I'd hop on board this thread. I'm hoping I don't slip back into the 190's over the Easter weekend.

Hi Trixie: I hope you won your bet!
Hi shymouse: Nice to meet you!