3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Getting out of the 180's??? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/305517-getting-out-180s.html)

Watercolor 11-15-2015 10:59 AM

Hi Jaimie, :welcome: to the 180s!

I have also been on and off with weight loss, stopping by 3FC occasionally. Now my head is FINALLY in the game and I'm fighting to win!

I had lost 4.5 lbs in the last few days with diabetic eating. I gained a pound this morning because I went over carbs yesterday. I'm sure it's temporary. I'm started to see areas of loose skin, which normally would be gross but I gotta tell ya, loose skin never looked so good.

Glad to have you on board. Let's DO this!!!!

jaimie1980 11-15-2015 06:10 PM

It looks like it might be you and me for a bit Watercolor- although you may be headed to the 170s a lot earlier than me!

I'm glad you have some loose skin, haha, as bad as that sounds. I noticed this am for the first time that my floppy belly looks a little smaller. First time I felt like I could SEE a change. From past experience, -20 is when I noticed, and -30 is when others noticed. But I am an apple- so like 90% of my weight is in my mid section, which makes it harder to notice.

Way to go on the quick 4.5 drop, that is awesome. I am on a different plan, but I also am supposed to be under 75g of carbs a day, most of which come from meal replacements. I totally know what the carb gain is like. You will flush it out in a couple days, no worries!

BVMarie 11-15-2015 11:54 PM

Hi everyone, I'm new here :)

I started my ideal protein alternative plan Tuesday, 4 months post partum. I started out at 193.8 and I'm already down to 186.4. My highest weight has been 200 pre pregnancy, I lost weight when I was pregnant. My mini goal is to be down 10 pounds by Thanksgiving. I've been spot on so far with eating exact portions and getting my 100 oz of water in daily. Today I felt a little discouraged because I gained a pound. I'm done having babies and I'm so bound and determined to get to 130 again! Slow and steady wins the race, right?!

lotsakids 11-16-2015 07:09 AM

At the rate I'm going I'll be out of the 180's and into the 190's pretty soon. Going the wrong way- out of control!

LesGetFit 11-16-2015 10:19 AM

I've been at 188 for a couple of days so I figured it was time to pop in here. Woohoo, 180's! I have never been this low, feels good. :)

Donna, you can turn it around and make it go the other way, don't worry.

BvMarie, don't worry about the pound. Weight loss isn't linear and we all have daily fluctuations, especially women. As long as you are eating right, the weight will come down.

Hi Jamie and Watercolor! I'm glad to finally be in a weight thread with some people in it, haha. Seems like every time I got to a new weight, everyone had just moved to the next. :)

Watercolor 11-16-2015 11:39 AM

Jaimie
I'm an apple figure too! The belly is softening, not rock hard fat like before, so that's encouraging. Good going on your loss thus far.

BVMarie
Look at you fly those pounds off! I'm sure today is a temporary setback. Look forward to seeing your progress.

lotsakids
I'm sorry, we don't allow Debbie Downers in the 180s thread - just kidding, lol. We'll all chip in for a harness and drag you back into the 180s. Just strap yourself in there. You can do it!

LesGetFit
Glad to see you and thanks for having common sense. I spent too long on wishful thinking. Time for action!

jaimie1980 11-16-2015 05:56 PM

Marie my program is identical to IP- so glad to have someone on the same plan. My plan is branded differently but uses all the same stuff. Your loss so far is great! And I would guess the gain is just a little water- I have noticed I tend to go up or down by .2-.4 a day, and after 4 days of that I lose a good .8-1.2 on one day. It averages out in the end! We are going to stick this out. Honestly I would love to get to 130s again too, but I will decide that when I get closer. I have been fat for 15 years so I can't fathom what I will look like at anything under 168. Time will tell. I am happy to have you on this journey with me, and we are almost same height and weight too. YAY!!

lotsakids tomorrow is a new day!! Stick with it, and you will see results. (Although I am glad to have some company).

LesGetFit YAY! Congrats on your all new lowest weight! Such an exciting feeling!! Can't wait to get out of the 180s with you!

Watercolor APPLE SHAPE SUCKS! Sorry to hear you have been cursed with this shape. I also have no A@# to go with it, so double whammy. The good thing is, I didn't know I was an apple til I got fat, so I hope it won't show when WE get thin!

Today I hit 188.2. Super happy for the little one pound whoosh- I have been getting like 0.2 a day most of the time. Keep pushing through ladies!!

BVMarie 11-17-2015 12:54 AM

Watercolor and LesGetFit- you guys are really encouraging! Thank you. You have reminded me to take one day at a time and not look way ahead at my goal in the moment. Today was slightly a better day, down .4 pounds.
jaimie1980- so glad to have someone in the same boat with me! We can cheer each other on! I do the alternative plan but I don't buy the ideal protein products, they are too expensive for me. I did this plan once before but stopped as soon as I started because I thought I was having an allergic reaction to the protein shakes (turned out to be my Paragard.... yikes, that was deadly). How long have you been doing IP and how's your progress coming along?
I can't wait to hear everyone's progress!! It's so encouraging and motivating to see how successful everyone is. I love ready the success stories, makes me think I really can do this!

lotsakids 11-17-2015 07:24 AM

thanks everyone, I'm being more careful and getting my exercise. I know after 2 years of fluctuating up and down that I can get back to it. I just changed some meds so I need to be more vigilant I spose at watching the portions.

BVMarie 11-17-2015 10:20 AM

lotsakids- don't worry too much about it. As these ladies have reminded me, just take it day by day, pound by pound. Make sure you are drinking lots of water, should be half your body weight or minimum of 64 oz, and measure all your foods out. My food scale was the best investment I have made. Also don't skip any meals! I have a timer set on my phone to remind me, so every 4 hours I eat something and make sure I have 20 oz of water in. You can do this, just stick with it!

Watercolor 11-17-2015 12:15 PM

Jaimie
I hear ya on apple shapes. Also, the belly is the last thing to go when I lose. It taunts me the whole day. Be gone, belly! We CAN do this!

lotsakids
Med changes can have huge effects on weight loss. Just do the best YOU can right now. We're here for ya.

BVMarie
And she continues losing...the incredible shrinking woman! Keep up the good work!

ME
Had a great carb day yesterday, gonna do another one again today.
To my fat cells - Be afwaid, be vewy afwaid.

jaimie1980 11-17-2015 02:30 PM

Marie, I am not using IP products either, I use Profile/Wonderslim.

I was weighed at the clinic before I started, and I was at 207.6. When I weighed at home that same night (like two hours later) I was 209.44. Yesterday, I weighed 188.27. So I am around -20 depending on which weight you use. I go with the 207.6 because that was what my coach went with. The first week I lost 8 pounds, and in the following weeks I have lost 1.5-4. Week three was the slowest.

Watercolor, my belly is stubborn too. Although I can finally see a bit of a difference, so that is rewarding.

LesGetFit 11-17-2015 02:51 PM

Oh, don't even talk about bellies hahaha. I can't wait until mine bites the dust. That seems to be where most of my weight settles. But my stomach is half the size it was before and it will keep shrinking!

Today's weight: 187.4

jaimie1980 11-17-2015 02:59 PM

LesGetFit, when did you start your journey?

LesGetFit 11-17-2015 03:56 PM

Jaimie, I started in August. I gave up soda on the 6th and started tracking all my food and counting calories a week later on the 13th. I have mostly maintained a 1000 calorie deficit each day, with a few exceptions where I went over by a couple hundred calories. It has been much easier than I thought. I honestly thought I was just fat and that's how I would always be. I never even really tried to lose weight previously.