3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Getting out of the 180's??? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/305517-getting-out-180s.html)

FrozenDreams 11-19-2015 01:35 AM

thank you so much guys <3

what have you guys been eating lately? I need more variety for dinner ideas lol

Watercolor 11-19-2015 10:40 AM

Frozen
I'm doing diabetic low carb, so dinner is protein and lots of veggies. If I have a starchy carb, it's rice, potato or pasta. Try a new veg, fruit, protein.

Watercolor 11-19-2015 10:41 AM

BV Marie,
You GO girl. 170s here we come!

Watercolor 11-20-2015 08:57 AM

Yo babeeee! Down another pound - now 182.
I haven't seen that number in over 30 years.
This is SO wicked cool! Keep working it, guys!

LesGetFit 11-20-2015 07:01 PM

Way to go, Watercolor! That's great!

jaimie1980 11-21-2015 09:57 AM

Frozen! Congrats on ****100**** pounds lost! That is such an accomplishment!! I am soooo happy for you!!

LESGITFIT, holy smokes, you have lost sooo much in 3 months time. That is amazing!! I am def in the slow phase at this point, losing just 1.5 to 3 a week. Monday is my weigh in day, so hoping for a 185 range.

Watercolor, you will be leaving us soon!! Way to keep at it girl!

BVMarie, YES! I daydream all. the. time. I can't even remember what it was like to just go to the mall and buy something that I thought was cute, rather than something that hides my belly, doesn't cause muffin top, and all the other things I have to worry about. I would love to by something based on appeal rather than how it looks. I cannot wait for the day!!

LesGetFit 11-21-2015 12:19 PM

Thanks Jaimie! I had never dieted before and it was a fairly drastic reduction in calories for me, and I'm also drinking 3 liters of water each day, which I never did before. So I think the shock to my system has made a lot of weight come off in the beginning, haha. My overall rate is about 2.8 lbs/week, but I'm sure it will slow down soon. As long as it keeps going down, I'm ok with that.

I've been fluctuating up a bit, so now I'm at 188.6, and hoping to see the scale go the other way again in the next couple of days. :)

BVMarie 11-22-2015 03:27 PM

Jaimie1980- you hit the nail on the head there! That's so me, trying find clothes that camouflage my belly!! It's really brings me down, but if we keep it up we will be down in size in no time! I used to wear 1x shirts and I'm kinda in between a Large and XL now, so definitely some progress! My belly is really deflating quickly, which I believe is from Diet Coke. I'm done drinking that poison. Blech!!

Updating about my progress. I weighed in this morning, even tho I keep telling myself I won't until Thanksgiving lol, I weighed in at 183.4! Made it past my mini goal and 5 days early! Now to set another mini goal of -10. Feels good to know I accomplished my goal and stuck with it!

jaimie1980 11-22-2015 04:47 PM

Congrats Marie! On to a new goal!! I am still in the xl size- I can wear a large but they are just a bit too tight for my taste. I was in XXL so atleast its something. Lucky for me I have lost this weight before so I still have a ton of clothes in those sizes so I don't need to get new.

LesGetFit, you are way past halfway, so keep up whatever it is that is working! I have had a horribly slow week this week, super sad about that. I did go down to 187 today, but I held steady or up a tish the rest of the week. Definitely a bummer, my Christmas goal is looking to be unrealistic now. BOO!! My WHOOSH days seem to be over.

BVMarie 11-23-2015 01:50 PM

Don't get discouraged Jaimie! I tell myself it can be worse and at least I'm eating healthy now. Things will get better. You're lucky you have clothes you can transition in to. I sold all mine after 4 years of not getting back to my normal size :( I needed more room in my closet for my big clothes and maternity stuff. Is it sad I still wear maternity pants because I like how it holds in my tummy fat? Lol! Hopefully I can get past that.

BVMarie 11-23-2015 01:52 PM

My update today! Weighed in at 182.2! Yahoo!!! Hopefully in the 170s by the weekend. These mini goals make time fly, does anyone else think the same?

jaimie1980 11-23-2015 06:47 PM

YAAAY Marie!! And I still have a pair of maternity leggings I wear. My youngest child is 8, lol.

lotsakids 11-24-2015 08:56 AM

down a pound from last week which means I weigh what my ticker says again!

lotsakids 11-24-2015 08:59 AM

I bought a pair of pants at good will in a 12 - turns out they were maternity (don't look like it though) most comfortable pants I own...

LesGetFit 11-24-2015 10:06 AM

I have been so stuck all week! I was at 187 last week, then back up to 188 for several days. Now it's heading back down, but I'm back at 187, haha. Hoping this week is a week of drops!

Wishing everyone success in their plan to deal with Thanksgiving. I plan to enjoy myself but not go beyond maintenance on that day.

BVMarie 11-25-2015 10:26 AM

Haha no shame in wearing maternity pants! We might need them on Thanksgiving! ;) I'm sticking to my diet for Thanksgiving, I plan on bringing my food scale and making my own mashed cauliflower and sweet potatoes. I'm sure I will get lots of weird looks from my family but I don't care. They are very unsupportive in weight loss, it's more like jealousy but to each their own. Hope you guys all have a great Thanksgiving and safe travels!!

LesGetFit 11-25-2015 11:48 AM

Sorry your family isn't very supportive, BVMarie! Good for you for doing your own thing.

I hit a new low of 185.8 today, so I'm feeling good! Excited for tomorrow. Hope you all have a wonderful holiday!

BVMarie 11-29-2015 01:05 AM

Thanks LesGetFit, and congratulations on hitting a new low!!

So how did everyone's Thanksgiving go? Did you go Black Friday shopping? This was my first year I never went out and shopped all night! I liked staying home better haha! I went to a few stores later in the day and picked up a few new clothing items to add to my wardrobe. Feels so good to have clothes that fit me again! I have discovered a pair of legging that are wonderful! They have a secret tummy slimmer in them and the materiel is thicker so if there's any cellulite, it smooths it all out! Seriously go to JCP and check out Liz Claiborne secretly slender wish for warmth leggings. They are amazing!

I have had a super slow week with my weight loss... only down 1 pound since my last weigh in :( But on a positive note, it's gradually going in the right direction.

BVMarie 11-30-2015 08:49 AM

Well I'm off into the next decade! 179.8 this morning! Happy dance!! Serious question, do you tend to gain weight a week before a period? Last week I noticed I went up and held steady for almost a week. Then yesterday I get AF and dropped 1.2 pounds just like that. I'm not one to suffer from bloating and cramps so I'm clueless about gaining weight during that time.

jaimie1980 11-30-2015 03:09 PM

Congrats Marie!! See you over there soon! I was always one to lose with AF too, but gain before. You retain water leading up to it. Glad you got your whoosh and are getting out of here!

I weighed this am, at 186.2. These 180s are soooo slow for me. My Christmas goal is looking sad, but even 179 by then will make me super happy. Thanksgiving for me was good- I had one plate, small servings but did not skip anything other than stuffing. I went for a piece of pie (sliver) but I ended up not eating it anyways. I am just glad to have had a loss at all following the holiday and the weekend after (we ate out twice, went to a movie, etc).

Now that turkey day has passed, I plan on staying strictly OP until Christmas. Hope you ladies are finding your way through these 180s!

skutumpah 11-30-2015 06:03 PM

Hello 180s ladies! I'm looking forward to getting out of the 180s, and I'm buckling down after a busy/stressful fall. I'm running a marathon (yikes) in April, and I'd really like to drop some weight to increase my speed.

jaimie1980 12-01-2015 12:24 PM

Welcome Skutumpah! And what an awesome goal!

Watercolor 12-03-2015 04:23 PM

Hi everybody! :wave:

Okay, I'm back to my diabetic diet after a 2 week sugar binge.

I gained 2 lbs but trust me, they are TEMPORARY.

KrisM11 12-04-2015 11:10 AM

Hello, May I join you all? There are tumbleweeds over in the 190's thread, and I'm at 190.3 as of this a.m. so maybe if I get on the treadmill, I will legitimately be in this thread! LOL :) I love this idea of breaking up the goals into decades! Sure makes it less daunting!

Watercolor 12-04-2015 06:57 PM

Welcome Kris! Glad to have you!

Hi Everybody! :wave:

Day 1 off sugar. I'm back on the wagon.

FrozenDreams 12-04-2015 07:09 PM

Hey guys.. so I finally weighed in today at 179.8! bye bye 180s right? lol wrong! because I def self sabotaged and didn't go way off plan but had a few things I shouldn't have so I know by Monday I'll be up atleast 0.2 and drop will be slow for the whole week... I am very sensitive to processed carbs and sodium so I try to stay away but ugh.

jaimie1980 12-05-2015 10:53 AM

Frozen you'll be out in no time! Just a little oops, we all have them.

Welcome Kris! We love more joiners!

As for me- 184.0 today, yahoooo!!

KrisM11 12-05-2015 05:14 PM

Thanks for the Welcomes you guys! :) As of this a.m. I am *officially* in the 180's! 189.6! Good-bye 190's, next stop 170's!

Keep fighting the good fight this weekend, everyone!

KrisM11 12-06-2015 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaimie1980 (Post 5220479)
Frozen you'll be out in no time! Just a little oops, we all have them.

Welcome Kris! We love more joiners!

As for me- 184.0 today, yahoooo!!

Thank you! WTG getting to 184! :)

KrisM11 12-06-2015 03:20 PM

Checking in for today. I was @ 188.9 as of this a.m.! I keep thinking, for a short term goal -- less than 20 lbs. now to get into the 160's which takes me out of the "obese" range!

Watercolor 12-07-2015 10:55 AM

Welcome Kris! :welcome:

Great Job Diana!

I am in the process of dragging myself back onto the wagon.
almost...there...

KrisM11 12-07-2015 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Watercolor (Post 5220860)
Welcome Kris! :welcome:

Great Job Diana!

I am in the process of dragging myself back onto the wagon.
almost...there...

Thank you! :hug: Throwing you a tow rope and pulling you on to the wagon! It's never easy trying to climb up alone!

Holding steady as of today. I just had a *huge* omelette at HyVee, but stayed away from the hash browns and english muffin. Trying to be mindful of my carb intake as it seems like when I overdo it on carbs, weight loss grinds to a halt. I'll have a light later lunch.

jaimie1980 12-08-2015 10:10 AM

You got this watercolor! Get your head back in the game.

Way to go on the official "180s" weigh in Kris. I hope this one goes fast for you. Its been a long haul for me. But I am in the down slope now, thank goodness.

Frozen! Are you staying on track!!?

As for me- 183.2 today. Finally a budge after a few days, and it was a decent one so I am happy. I am really hoping to lose another 20 by early Feb as we have an event to attend and I want to look decent. Won't be thin by any means, but I will be much better off than I was a couple months ago.

KrisM11 12-08-2015 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaimie1980 (Post 5221085)
You got this watercolor! Get your head back in the game.

Way to go on the official "180s" weigh in Kris. I hope this one goes fast for you. Its been a long haul for me. But I am in the down slope now, thank goodness.

Frozen! Are you staying on track!!?

As for me- 183.2 today. Finally a budge after a few days, and it was a decent one so I am happy. I am really hoping to lose another 20 by early Feb as we have an event to attend and I want to look decent. Won't be thin by any means, but I will be much better off than I was a couple months ago.

Thanks, Jaimie! I am hoping so, too, although I have to admit I didn't help my cause yesterday. I really went off the rails and landed square back in the 190's this a.m., but I commit to not letting one day turn into more than that -- getting back on track today! Just like one day of healthy eating will not make us skinny, nor will one day of being off-track make us fat. It's the patterns we get into that are more meaningful!

WTG getting to 183.2! Woohoo! It feels so great when we finally see that movement in the scale, doesn't it? I think getting into the 160's for you by early Feb. is really doable! I'm 5'4" and for some reason, that's always the point (mid60's) where I feel somewhat normal at least!

jaimie1980 12-08-2015 12:06 PM

Kris- I have mental issues when I hit 168. I have been down to that weight THREE times and never below it. I don't know what happens in my head but that is the number where my brain shuts off. This is the time I will beat it! I have not been below 168 in 16 YEARS. I was 130s in HS, dropped to 115 (prob too skinny at that point) at 19, and then hit 168 at 21. Been back to 168 at 23, 30, and 33, but I regained to the 200 range every time after. Hopefully my body and my mind can overcome it, as that is a HUGE step for me. I don't even know what number will make me feel "normal" again!

KrisM11 12-09-2015 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaimie1980 (Post 5221129)
Kris- I have mental issues when I hit 168. I have been down to that weight THREE times and never below it. I don't know what happens in my head but that is the number where my brain shuts off. This is the time I will beat it! I have not been below 168 in 16 YEARS. I was 130s in HS, dropped to 115 (prob too skinny at that point) at 19, and then hit 168 at 21. Been back to 168 at 23, 30, and 33, but I regained to the 200 range every time after. Hopefully my body and my mind can overcome it, as that is a HUGE step for me. I don't even know what number will make me feel "normal" again!

Jaimie, I have done that a few times too. I almost wonder if it's like a "shuttle-run" effect, lol --- we make progress, finally hit a number that seems somewhat acceptable, and then subconsciously think we're finished. I don't know, but I can relate. You'll do it this time!!! I'll be right behind you, so let's make sure we remind each other not to give up once we're there!!!!

I cleaned up my act yesterday, so back at it today!

Watercolor 12-09-2015 11:03 AM

Kris,
Thanks for the rope. Now grab my hand and I'll help pull you back on the tracks. We can and WILL do it this time.

Jaimie,
When I get stuck at a certain number, I remember how much of this is a head game. Our bodies will do whatever our minds decide to do. For me, getting stuck is a self esteem issue. So I ask myself "Do I deserve .. this weight, this size, feeling comforatable in my body, etc". The more I realize yes, the more I can continue to work it. It took me 40 years to figure this out, but I got it now, baby!

jaimie1980 12-10-2015 10:48 AM

Watercolor and Kris, we will have to really push each other to get past those barriers, mental or not. We can and will do this. I am hoping that this time I will be able to stick a lifestyle change, rather than letting it all pile back on. Each time I lost it took a couple years to gain it all back, but it ended up happening. My new scale tells me my BMR every day based on my weight, so that will give me a good goal to stick with in the future.

Today- I weighed 182.7. This means that I am no longer obese! That is the exact weight I needed to put me at 29.9, overweight. Feels like a victory, yay!

KrisM11 12-10-2015 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaimie1980 (Post 5221568)
Watercolor and Kris, we will have to really push each other to get past those barriers, mental or not. We can and will do this. I am hoping that this time I will be able to stick a lifestyle change, rather than letting it all pile back on. Each time I lost it took a couple years to gain it all back, but it ended up happening. My new scale tells me my BMR every day based on my weight, so that will give me a good goal to stick with in the future.

Today- I weighed 182.7. This means that I am no longer obese! That is the exact weight I needed to put me at 29.9, overweight. Feels like a victory, yay!

I agree -- we are in this together! I'm going to stay accountable, good, bad, or ugly. On that end, I was at 191.2 this a.m., but not letting it get me down. Feel bloated, so committing to you guys I will go on the treadmill and clean eating today!

Jaimie, Woohoo @ being no longer obese! That is GREAT! Thank you for sharing that and the inspiration/ motivation! :carrot:

Watercolor, how is your day going so far?

KrisM11 12-10-2015 12:42 PM

40 minutes on treadmill done for the day! Feeling better and less winded now when I walk.