3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Getting out of the 180's??? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/305517-getting-out-180s.html)

kfunk6113 09-28-2017 07:56 AM

181.8 creeping slowly toward the 170's!!

Chanticleer 10-01-2017 03:45 PM

Hello!

It looks like there are only a couple people on this thread, but I thought I may as well join. I tend to do an official weigh-in once at the end of a week.

I'm 187.4 as of this morning. I'm so ready for the 170s - that's when I'm not obese anymore. I'm so tired of being obese/overweight (again).

It seems like a couple of your are close to getting into the next decade. Way to go!

NFTM17 10-01-2017 05:40 PM

I haven't weighed myself for a couple of days, last time I did I was at 182.4. So my weight is fluctuating up and down, and I'm not really worrying about what I'm eating or how much. But I'm definitely still in the 180's!

Hello to the new folk joining the thread!

kfunk6113 10-02-2017 07:42 AM

Chanticleer Welcome to this thread!! What have you been doing to lose weight?

I have been in the 180's for a while!! 181.8 this morning, but it is also my TOM, so I am hoping that I will be out of here soon and that you will join me in the 170's thread not too long after that!

kfunk6113 10-03-2017 08:18 AM

kfunk6113 10-04-2017 08:17 AM

181 slowly creeping

kfunk6113 10-05-2017 08:08 AM

kfunk6113 10-06-2017 08:19 AM

kfunk6113 10-07-2017 12:08 PM

179.6!! On to the next thread, good luck to everyone that is working to get out of here, I will see you soon!

NFTM17 10-14-2017 06:15 PM

I'm at 185. My weight has gone UP. Hmm... I need to change things.

NFTM17 10-15-2017 01:11 PM

As of yesterday, I went back on low carb. This morning my weight is at 183. Also, my feet didn't hurt when I got up this morning. I should really just stick with what works.

Edit: Also, I can't update my ticker... Hmm. I'll have to get that figured out, too.

kfunk6113 10-17-2017 08:34 AM

NFTM I am so impressed that you noticed that you needed to make a change and you did it right away!!! How many grams of carb do you try to stick to in a normal day? I got down to 177 on my first week of low carb (<30g per day) but now early in the week I am up to 179.. too much cheese maybe? I am not sure, but I am hoping that I go back down and can still get a loss for my official weigh in over the weekend.

Carrot.TopsRGreen 10-17-2017 09:51 AM

I tried doing the Engine 2 21-Day Rescue, but found it too restrictive, so a bit over a week ago, I pulled out my old, old Weight Watchers materials and began doing the Exchange Program I learned back in the 80s. I started at 183.4; today I weighed at 180.8. Feels so great. AND I can stick closely to a vegetarian style diet (with a bit of fish thrown in) while eating eggs and some cheese, so I don't feel quite so restricted.

NFTM17 10-22-2017 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kfunk6113 (Post 5335612)
NFTM I am so impressed that you noticed that you needed to make a change and you did it right away!!! How many grams of carb do you try to stick to in a normal day? I got down to 177 on my first week of low carb (<30g per day) but now early in the week I am up to 179.. too much cheese maybe? I am not sure, but I am hoping that I go back down and can still get a loss for my official weigh in over the weekend.

Thanks kfunk! I will admit that I fell off the keto wagon again for a little while, but then I started again yesterday. I'm determined to take it one day at a time and one meal at a time so I don't feel overwhelmed and fall off the wagon again.

Too much cheese can make you stall and or gain weight. Same with heavy cream, if you're using that. Also, any nut flours you might be using to make keto treats can cause issues, but it's really if you over do them. But don't worry, the biggest thing is to stay in ketosis, and there will be little blips on the weight loss graph where your weight will go up a pound or two, then you wait a little while and you have a whoosh. Especially as a woman! We have all sorts of hormonal things that make our weight fluctuate. But really, if you're hungry or craving something and you need a keto chocolate mousse or need to eat some cheese, it's far better than falling off the wagon like I did and eating cake and pie! :)

ClemandDobbyandLucky 10-23-2017 02:18 PM

I’m brand new to this forum but I think I’ve found the right spot to be in. I’m in the 180’s and just starting my weight loss journey...again.
My weight gain began with the addition of Zyprexa to my psych Med list. I truly thought that I could control the side effects but obviously I couldn’t.
So, I’m here for a little support, accountability.

NFTM17 10-23-2017 02:58 PM

After a couple of days of doing low carb, I have had a big water whoosh. My weight is now at 181.2. Love those water whooshes!

Welcome Clem!

NFTM17 10-23-2017 03:02 PM

Hey Carrots, you're almost out to the 170's thread! How are things this morning?

kfunk6113 10-24-2017 08:47 AM

Hey nftm, I'm back!! Hopefully only for a few days as I lose from the damage I did this weekend! How are things going on your end??

NFTM17 10-24-2017 10:44 AM

Hi Kfunk! Don't worry, you'll be back in the 170's in no time. :)

I'm at 180.8 this morning. I think it's from water, I know yesterday morning when I weighed in I was dehydrated, and not so much this morning. Plus it's my time of the month, so that always makes the scale go whacky. :p

kfunk6113 10-25-2017 07:45 AM

nftm you are so close to being out of this decade!! I hear you about your TOM making the scale go crazy, I had it twice this month!!

NFTM17 10-25-2017 12:10 PM

Hi kfunk! Twice! Eeesh, I'm sorry! Having to deal with it once a month is bad enough! My cycle is still regulating itself out after having my last baby. He's 9 months old now.

I'm at 180.0 this morning. Slowly getting there!

kfunk6113 10-26-2017 08:39 AM

AWWW.. a late congrats on your baby!! I love babies!! My husband and I just started to get pregnant!! How much did you gain with your last? I think I gained about 30 with both of them, but it was almost all gained in the last month, probably more water than anything. I am kind of worried about that to be honest, I worked so hard to lose a bunch of weight and now I am going to end up gaining if I am able to get pregnant again.

180, very nice!!! Its frustrating to me that I went from 177.6 on Saturday morning and 2 days of binging ended up bringing me up to 183 by Tuesday morning and then I am SLOWLY going back down. 181.8 this morning, but how come I only whoosh up fast and not back down!?

Carrot.TopsRGreen 10-26-2017 09:38 AM

I was briefly at 179.8, but popped right back up again. 180 or 180.2 today; I find that these digital scales are so touchy that it matters which way you step on it. I try to put my toes in the exact same place every time. But then my husband will come along and move the scale to vacuum or something, and I'm never sure if that will affect my weight reading or not. But anyway, we went to help my elderly father and mother with a few things on Saturday, and they fed us. It wasn't food I should have been eating - pizza for lunch and tacos for dinner (although vegetarian). I didn't get back on the scale for a few days after that out of fear of what I would see. Was right back on the wagon on Sunday though.

kfunk6113 10-27-2017 08:49 AM

carrot Great job getting right back to it on Sunday. I hope that it is just a normal fluctuation and will be back down soon. I was down to 177 and now I am up to 181.2, sigh! Crazy how 1 really bad weekend can ruin things for over a week!

NFTM17 10-27-2017 09:24 AM

Well, after a pie accidentally fell into my mouth, and a little bit of alcoholic chocolate cordials (where I ate the whole box) and some candy corn...

I'm at 180.2! And that's weighing in a few hours earlier than I usually do because I have an early work shift today. So not a big deal, back on track today, things will be great!

NFTM17 10-28-2017 12:47 PM

Back up to 182.2... Because of a lot of non-keto stuff that I ate. It's okay, back on track today, and I'm hoping to see some weight drop by Monday.

NFTM17 10-28-2017 12:49 PM

You know, it's funny. When I look at my ticker, and I know that by 4 days I had lost 5 pounds, but now it's day 7 and I've only lost 3.4 pounds... It really puts it into my head how I slow my progress when I go on these cheats. Something to think about next time non-keto food starts looking good.

kfunk6113 10-30-2017 09:55 AM

184.4 this morning. Tons of sodium in my dinner last night mixed with some poor weekend choices.

nftm
YES, cheats definitely halt my progress unlike before, where I could cheat and then in a couple days be right back down. If you figure out a way to talk yourself out of them, please let me know!! I am losing my determination and need to find a way to get it back before I gain anymore weight!

NFTM17 10-30-2017 03:52 PM

Kfunk, we're at the same weight today! I keep sabotaging myself. It's all the holiday food and candy when I'm trying to do low carb. The struggle is real! I really need to just push "food" out of my head, stop focusing on all the things that I can't have, and realize that I can eat a lot of other good stuff.

I don't do very well at calorie counting, either. Low carb seems to be the only thing that works for me, if I can stick with it.

NFTM17 10-31-2017 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kfunk6113 (Post 5336603)
AWWW.. a late congrats on your baby!! I love babies!! My husband and I just started to get pregnant!! How much did you gain with your last? I think I gained about 30 with both of them, but it was almost all gained in the last month, probably more water than anything. I am kind of worried about that to be honest, I worked so hard to lose a bunch of weight and now I am going to end up gaining if I am able to get pregnant again.

180, very nice!!! Its frustrating to me that I went from 177.6 on Saturday morning and 2 days of binging ended up bringing me up to 183 by Tuesday morning and then I am SLOWLY going back down. 181.8 this morning, but how come I only whoosh up fast and not back down!?

Kfunk, I'm sorry I missed your question, here! I tend to miss things when I'm looking at the forums with my phone instead of the computer. Anyway, to answer your question... With all of my babies I gained around 20-25 lbs. With my last baby, I had lost 20 lbs from my original weight, so I was at 167 when I found out I was pregnant. I got back up to around 187, maybe even a bit more over that to the 190's. After I had him my weight regulated back down to 176. Now here's the catcher... I was doing keto before I had him. You store hormones in your fat, and when you lose weight and the fat starts "melting", you release those hormones. I think that's how I unexpectedly got pregnant. I had intended to stay on keto through my pregnancy, but suddenly meat looked disgusting and bread looked fabulous, so I gained extra weight through my pregnancy. And I just didn't bother with any kind of diet, it was more of a see-food eat-food diet, lol.

Now I'm really struggling with the keto/low-carb thing. I know it works for me, but I am so tired of doing "substitutions" for foods that I love, especially now around the holidays. Last week I tried to make coconut flour blueberry muffins. They were horrible! I then made real blueberry muffins with real flour and real sugar and they were delicious. So now I'm thinking maybe I could do calorie counting... But I hate doing that, too. But if I want to lose weight, I need to do something. I have a lot of pain in my feet and my back, and I thought it was due to inflammation from carbs, but when I was doing keto, I still had the pain... So maybe it's just from being overweight. If I lost 10 lbs at least, I bet it would make a difference. Now how to get there?

kfunk6113 10-31-2017 06:28 PM

nftm 184 this morning, slowly making my way back down to the 170's.

I am also struggling and need to do something before I gain any more weight back. I tried doing low carb and failed miserably and now am trying counting calories. Once I start losing again I will go back to just eating smaller portions like I was before. For me, it is so frustrating because this process takes so long. I am 1 month shy of a full year. Its makes me sad to think that I probably could have lost 20 lbs. or more if I had more discipline throughout this process.

I would be very happy if I could limit a pregnancy gain to 20-25 lbs. my fear is that I will pack on the pounds even if I eat healthy. Keto wouldn't work very well if you couldn't stand the thought of meat when you were pregnant!

I really hope you can find the answer that you are looking for but wanted to let you know that you are not alone. I agree that counting calories is time consuming, but luckily for me I am a creature of habit and can eat the same things over again so it should be easy to calculate.

In the meantime, I have committed myself to stay on plan throughout the month of November. I started today and did beautifully. I was down to 177 as a low a few weeks ago and my goal is to get to 175 by Thanksgiving.

How do you think you would do with keto 6 out of the 7 days per week with one "free" day, where you can pick food to make without substitutions??

kfunk6113 11-02-2017 07:48 AM

nftm how are you doing? 180.6 this morning

NFTM17 11-06-2017 11:30 AM

I'm at 180 this morning! I stopped doing low carb also. I am just doing a combination of small portions and intuitive eating. It's working well for me, because I can still indulge in carbs like potatoes and noodles, which I love. :)

How are you doing, Kfunk?

kfunk6113 11-06-2017 01:00 PM

nftm Congrats on 180!!! I was 180.2 this morning after a weekend low of 178.6. I am hoping I can get back within a few days. I love potatoes and oatmeal so low carb was a bummer! Hopefully we will see each other in the 170's thread very soon!!

NFTM17 11-07-2017 12:30 PM

You'll be there in no time, I'm sure!

I started using an analog scale (the kind with the rotating numbers) last week. I was comparing it to the digital scale that I had... My digital scale has something wrong with it. I would lose weight, but it wouldn't show up on the scale unless I picked up something heavy and stepped on, registering a heavier weight, then stepping off, putting the heavy thing down, and stepping back on the scale. Then it would show that I lost half a pound or something. Once it registered that I had gained weight while the analog scale showed that I had lost weight. So now I'm just using the analog scale, as it seems to be more reliable.

And on that note, the red line on the scale is to the left of the 180 mark, but not quite to the 179 mark, so I am at 179 point something . 😃 So I guess I will go say hello in the 170's thread!

Desire2b 12-04-2017 10:15 AM

*Looks around*
I'm alone here it seems everyone shrank to the 170s.
Congrats to you all. :) Today, after a huge amount
of bad food and plenty of walking, I've landed @ 189.2.
170s, here I come!

Shtinkingforever 12-14-2017 02:13 PM

I'm between 183/185

Can't wait to be out of it

Aunrio 01-19-2018 12:52 PM

Anyone still in here? I am at 186.6, which is 1.6 pounds away from the obese/overweight line of 185 for me. That is my teeny goals for the next week or two with the hope to be comfortably "overweight" by February 1st.

NFTM17 01-19-2018 06:57 PM

I'm kind of here! :D

I'm battling between 180 and 179.

Aunrio 01-20-2018 07:37 AM

that is a tricky place to be. I guess I hope to be alone in here soon as your exit is closer than mine. I think this weekend I caneed get 1/2 through the 180s.