3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Getting out of the 180's??? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/305517-getting-out-180s.html)

kfunk6113 08-13-2017 08:53 AM

188.6 this morning! I hope that you are doing well!!

kfunk6113 08-20-2017 11:15 AM

188.6 was my lowest weight so far. I have been bouncing around all week and got back up to 190.8. It is a bit frustrating because I have been doing so well with my plan, but the week that I hit the 180's I had lost 4 lbs, so I suppose a little gain was expected. I am hoping to be back down to 188.6 by this time next week!

kfunk6113 08-23-2017 08:15 AM

Back down to 188.8 today!! Hopefully I don't bounce back up into the 190's anymore!

kfunk6113 08-30-2017 10:42 AM

187.2 today!!

kfunk6113 09-01-2017 03:30 PM

NFTM17 09-06-2017 01:19 PM

Hi all! I am currently in the 180's, at 180.6. I have been struggling, bouncing back and forth between 180 and 179, so I'm going to say I'm in the 180's until I can keep my weight stable below 180.

kfunk6113 09-06-2017 01:23 PM

hey NFTM!! I think its just me in the thread at the moment, its nice to have some company, although looks like you will be headed to the 170 thread soon!!!

NFTM17 09-06-2017 11:04 PM

Hi Kfunk! :) With how my weight fluctuates I might be hanging around longer than you think, haha. But I bet you'll be heading into the 170 thread soon yourself!

By the way, I noticed you are 5'4". I am also 5'4"!

kfunk6113 09-07-2017 12:55 PM

nftm I am hoping that I go down soon, but my body sure likes the 187s haha! How did you land on 130 for a goal weight? I randomly decided on 140, but based on what I look like now, I may need to adjust that down!!

NFTM17 09-07-2017 03:25 PM

I'm at 181.6 this morning, up a pound.

I decided on 130 based on the BMI chart, my age (I am 40), and what I looked like the last time I was at 130, which was around the age of 22. I figure that I need to give myself some leeway because of my age. But if I can get down around the 120's and look good and feel comfortable there or perhaps lower, I'll give that a go. I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. :)

kfunk6113 09-08-2017 08:21 AM

186.8 today, hoping that I will go down a bit more this weekend if I can string a couple good nights of sleep together!! I am REALLY excited to get into the 170's!

That sounds like a great plan! The lowest I really remember being was 148 and that was when I was 16 years old. I did have a fair amount to lose at that point, so I am guessing that I could probably end up in the high 120's and look and feel healthy. I have had 2 kids and am 33 now, so that might change things though!!

NFTM17 09-08-2017 01:29 PM

I have read that some women manage to stay the same weight their entire adult life, from being 18 years to the day they are 90. I don't know how they do it, they must be extremely disciplined or just eat the same way they did as a teenager? I think I read it in that book "French Women Don't Get Fat". I have also had three children. The last time I was dieting and successfully losing weight, I had gone from 189 down to 167, and then I found out I was pregnant with my third son. Then I went back up to 188 at the height of my pregnancy, and after I had him I was somewhere around 178. Not too bad of a gain, but I was hoping to be where I had left off, lol.

I have dipped down into the 170's this morning, at 179.8. I don't know if I'll go back up or keep heading down, but I'll keep you company so you're not in the thread by yourself! :)

kfunk6113 09-09-2017 02:15 PM

I have wondered that myself. For how much I have struggled with my weight, its amazing to me that some people stay healthy and fit their whole lives.

You are sweet for hanging out with me!! I hope that your weight sticks! I was 186.2 this morning... was secretly hoping for more, but I will take it!

NFTM17 09-09-2017 05:27 PM

186.2 is great! You're getting there. What are you doing to lose weight?

I'm at 178.8 this morning. I'm doing keto, it seems to be the only thing that works for me for losing weight.

TheMeIwant2be 09-09-2017 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kfunk6113 (Post 5330277)
hey NFTM!! I think its just me in the thread at the moment, its nice to have some company, although looks like you will be headed to the 170 thread soon!!!

Hi 👋🏾 I'm in the 180's myself and it's taking me longer than expected to get to the 170's, I'm getting antsy. I'm hoping to have someone to talk through it. I haven't been in the 170's in 17 years so...

Anyway, weighed myself last week, I was 181 🎊🎉, then weighed myself today, 183.4. I did celebrate my birthday this week and that day was about 500 calories over with no exercise but I got back to plan the next day, I still overshot the calories for a couple of days but not by much and I've been doing extra physical work this week too, clearing the yard of a vacant house, cutting trees, pulling weeds, carrying garbage out to the curb and that's added to my normal workouts of 25 miles a week walking with a little jogging thrown in, according to my apps, I burn approximately 2800 calories a week on just the workouts. I'm back in the 1200-1300 calories so I should see some movement soon🤞🏾

kfunk6113 09-09-2017 11:54 PM

nftm I am glad that it stuck for you!! My diet was horrible before I cleaned it up. Initially, I cut out wheat and with that came a drastic reduction in processed foods. I ended up cutting out alcohol, and cut way back on eating out. I drink a ton of water and my portions are way smaller than they were before. Before, I ate fast food several times per week, but since the beginning of the year I have had it 5 times, maybe less.

How is Keto going for you? I don't know much about it, but was curious about sugar... are you able to eat fruit, or is it food with added sugar that you need to stay away from?

themeiwant2be Hi!! How long have you been in the 180's for? This is the smallest I have been in a few years, but it has been 16 years since I have been in the 170's, so I can really relate!!

Happy belated birthday! It can be really frustrating when it takes such a long time for the scale to cooperate after a celebration or event. It sounds like you are kicking butt with your workouts and staying extremely active outside of your workouts, hopefully your body lets go of the weight very soon. It is very nice to have you here in the meantime!

TheMeIwant2be 09-10-2017 11:16 AM

Hi and thank you for the birthday wishes. I knew my I was going to have cake for my birthday and I enjoyed it. My doctor told me to make sure that I ate a salad every day so I'm back to eating salads. I'm super lucky that my dear friend challenged me to a five mile walk that really kicked our butts when we started in July, now it's still challenging but so enjoyable that we rarely miss a walk. We're pushing ourselves but this is the midwest and it'll be cold and snowy soon. We're brainstorming our winter activity, maybe indoor tennis lessons.

I've been in the 180's since the end of July. I weighed this morning and the number was 181🎉 I'll believe the 170's when I'm 176, otherwise, I won't trust that it's real.

How's it going for you?

kfunk6113 09-10-2017 01:14 PM

themeiwant2be What do you put in your salads? I love them, but haven't been in the mood for a while now. That is awesome that you have a friend who you can count on to challenge you to the walks!! I am also in the Midwest, so completely understand the challenge with weather patterns. How much weight have you lost so far? Tennis seems like a heck of a workout!

I hope that you can get out of the 180's soon, I love how you are persistent, knowing it will come off!

I was at 184.8 this morning, but didn't have an appetite yesterday, so I am sure I will go back up a bit tomorrow. My weight loss slowed considerably throughout the summer, but I will take that over a gain any day!! I entered the 180's on 8/11.

TheMeIwant2be 09-10-2017 11:44 PM

There's a health food store in my neighborhood that sells a kale salad with shredded carrots, red cabbage, broccoli and sunflower sprouts, I love it so much. I make it at home too but without the sunflower sprouts. I also buy those salad mixes from Costco and toss in vegetables like broccoli, cauliflower, shredded Brussels sprouts, tomatoes. Whatever's on hand. Then I toss it with a little olive oil and salt, maybe a squeeze of lemon. Yum! Normally I think I wouldn't love them so much but my doc said to do it and I'm trying really hard to comply. I requested adipex from her and she was reticent but I convinced her that I would be serious about the weight loss and follow her advice. You can only take it for a limited time so I'm hoping that it'll be enough of a jump start that when the Rx runs out at the end of this month, I'll keep losing because I know how to do it now. I gotta say, I'm scared of the time when I won't be on the drug, it turns the volume on my appetite waaaaay down. I'll be on my own at the same time that I'll have to find a new exercise. Yikes! Do you have any Midwestern winter exercise suggestions? Oh the challenges of a snowy climate.

So far I've lost almost 35lbs off of my heaviest weight. I lost the first 15 and then lost ten more much, much later only to gain the ten back. I'd been sitting at 200 for years when I finally asked the doctor for a Rx. Since I started the medicine in July, I've lost almost 20lbs. I'm finally okay with getting my picture taken.

With all that said, I've been using the livestrong app to count calories and I realized that I haven't been drinking nearly enough water. Apparently the app asks for 100 oz. of water consumption a day. I was averaging only 45 oz., that may be the missing piece. It's been difficult to achieve because I get to the end of the day and I'd need to have at least another 20oz. And I wouldn't do it because I knew I'd be up all night and who wants that?!? I got in 100 today though, hopefully that'll help.

I'm chatty tonight cuz I'm happy to have someone to share these things with. Thanks for welcoming me!

kfunk6113 09-11-2017 09:15 PM

ooooooh, thank you for the salad ideas!! I am going to try olive oil, salt and lemon for a dressing :) I am going to be doing a 48 hour water fast, but that sounds like a delicious option for when I start eating again :D

I have made radical changes to my diet and have had pretty good success, but I am sad to say that I am the laziest person alive when it comes to working out. I do like the 30 day shred, it is a 20 minute workout DVD. I like it because it is short and it kicks my butt! I plan on getting back to that very soon!!! I want to buy a treadmill because I dream of being a runner some day and am too self conscious to jog outside! I live in MN, what part of the Midwest are you in?

That is awesome that you have lost that much!!! I think that its great that you are eating salads now while you are taking your prescription. I can tell a HUGE difference in my "fullness thresholds" now compared to before! I think I am going to look into adopting a 'keto' diet. I like how I feel when I don't eat wheat, so that diet change is here to stay. I don't even really miss it. I do have some "cheat" days, but what I eat is minimal (otherwise I feel sick for days after!)

On most days I drink 100+ ounces and I can tell on the scale if I didn't drink enough the day before. I think that you will be able to tell a difference, and pretty soon you will be so thirsty for water all.the.time!! I need to do a better job of getting my water in on the weekends, its easy during the work week. It does get annoying have to pee every hour. I think that after a while my body adapted to overnights. I still wake up 1 time to go in the middle of the night, but that beat the 2-3 times in the beginning!!

I have been so busy so haven't had a chance to post until now, but I am so glad that you are here with me on the thread!!

I also am not shy around the camera anymore! Once I got down under 200 something changed and it was VERY obvious that I had lost weight. I am really excited to see what the next 20-30 lbs bring!!

Did you weigh in today? I was slightly up, 185.4 but I think that was because yesterday I woke up late and today I was up at 5am :dizzy:

TheMeIwant2be 09-12-2017 12:36 PM

I'm in MI. I think it's even colder for you, right?

It's amazing how much weight fluctuates. I weighed myself this morning, 183.2 so still firmly in the 180's. I missed my workout yesterday but I went this morning and plan to go tomorrow as well. Last week was a light workout week because of all the work I'm doing on the house, so I have to crank it up this week. I wore arm weights for the entire distance this time so that helps to burn more calories. On the walk this morning we met a woman who was maybe in her sixties, we see her a lot and today I asked her if she walked the entire loop of the park, because we don't, we cut off a mile. She replied that she does, in fact, walk the whole park, but that since she's off work, she does it TWICE! That's twelve miles. It made me feel like such a wimp for huffing and puffing at mile four. I really picked up the pace for the last mile.

I'm going to have a salad for lunch today and possibly for dinner as well.

I think we're both doing good, staying on task and all. We'll get there!

kfunk6113 09-12-2017 07:58 PM

I guess that it depends on the winter, the last couple have been pretty wimpy! The weight fluctuations are crazy, there is no rhyme or reason sometimes!!

Good job getting in your walk and using weights on top of it :carrot: That is really motivating to hear about how far that lady works!! I wonder if she is retired or just was off of work today, hmmm.. I would like to think that I will be super fit like that someday, and keep the good habits in to my 60's like she has!! Watch she is in her 70's but all the working out has her looking much younger ;)

I hope that you enjoyed your salads, they sound so good!! I am 24 hours in to a 48 hour fast.

kfunk6113 09-13-2017 09:08 AM

183.8 this morning. Still doing that fast, so I would expect it rebound a bit when I break it :)

NFTM17 09-13-2017 07:46 PM

182.6 today. See, I told ya! ;) I fell off my keto diet. I'm just eating whatever right now.

kfunk6113 09-14-2017 04:02 PM

nftm Hopefully it is just water weight and it will come off fast! Are you going to try keto again, or change up your plan?

182.4 this morning but I plan on having a slight rebound on the scale because I just came off of a fast.

kfunk6113 09-16-2017 01:28 PM

182.8 this morning!

TheMeIwant2be 09-17-2017 08:34 AM

Woohoo!

Hey everyone, I finally made it out. I've been eating more baked fish and roasted vegetables and drinking 100oz water everyday. I finally found a breakfast food I enjoy, you'll never guess what??? Cottage cheese of all things. I remember my mom eating that when she was on a diet and I thought I liked it back then. Whenever I can eat a bowl of cheese for health reasons, I'm okay with that :T . I decided to lower my carb intake to < 90 and that's helped too. So this morning I weighed myself after forcing myself to wait since I was getting disappointed and yes, I weigh 178.4. I feel firmly out of the 180's. Thanks kfunk6113 I really appreciate the kindness and encouragement just as I was beginning to lose hope.

Kfunk6113, I assume I'll be seeing you on the 170's board in a minute because you're knocking it down:carrot: :cb:

kfunk6113 09-17-2017 10:49 AM

themeiwant2be :carrot::carrot::carrot: CONGRATS!!!!

I always forget about cottage cheese! I should get some, thank you for the reminder! I hope to join you in the 170's thread in the next couple weeks!!

kfunk6113 09-19-2017 08:23 AM

184.8 ugh!~!

TheMeIwant2be 09-19-2017 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kfunk6113 (Post 5332196)
184.8 ugh!~!

You'll get there, just keep plugging away.

kfunk6113 09-19-2017 04:45 PM

Thank you!!

kfunk6113 09-21-2017 07:45 AM

NFTM17 09-21-2017 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kfunk6113 (Post 5331535)
nftm Hopefully it is just water weight and it will come off fast! Are you going to try keto again, or change up your plan?

182.4 this morning but I plan on having a slight rebound on the scale because I just came off of a fast.

Hi Kfunk! Sorry I missed your message. I'm not doing keto right now, I'm just eating whatever I feel like... Not dieting at all. And I've definitely put on some weight, I'm up to 183.8 last I checked the scale. I'm not too worried about it. The holidays are coming up, it's getting colder here, and I'm having the inclination to bake and make hearty stews with dumplings. Maybe when New Years pops around, I'll think about doing keto again, but we'll see. Right now I'm just enjoying all the warming spices that are found in harvest time dishes. :) I think I just realized that I love food, and I hate restricting myself from eating certain foods, especially when it's the holidays coming up!

kfunk6113 09-22-2017 10:05 AM

nftm I was going back and forth about Keto or other low carb diets and decided I was going to wait to see if adding in exercise helps speed things up. I may revisit that idea again in the future, we will see. I also love food and the food that comes with this time of year!

NFTM17 09-22-2017 12:39 PM

I managed to hit 182.0 this morning. I've decided to try watching portion sizes, while still eating everything I want. Including donuts. ;) I think it's doable. Much slower because I'm not really tracking anything, but definitely doable.

I also decided that I need to cook more at home, and that includes desserts. So instead of buying pies this year, I'm going to make them myself, and use only half the sugar that is called for in the recipe. I want to try making things like they did in the old days, when sugar was a real treat and not poured into everything.

You're doing great, Kfunk! Keep it up. :)

kfunk6113 09-23-2017 10:38 AM

Congrats on hitting 182!! I am 181.8 this morning but I also weighed in 4 hours later than usual due to sleeping in :D

That would be awesome if you can make the pies with way less sugar!

The thing I realized this time around is that its not a race, I want to be healthy for the rest of my life, so sustainable losses end up being slower for me. I do get impatient, don't get me wrong!

Aunrio 09-23-2017 02:53 PM

Just hit 189.6 this AM. Your journeys are insightful. Good luck on leaving the 180s behind.

kfunk6113 09-23-2017 03:23 PM

Aunrio congrats on making it to a new decade!!

kfunk6113 09-26-2017 07:56 AM

back up to 183.6 I am really hoping by this time next week I will be out of the 180's!!

kfunk6113 09-27-2017 08:03 AM

182.2 today!