Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-04-2015, 06:56 PM   #1  

Default Has anyone tried weight loss hypnosis audio sessions?

I've had trouble motivating myself to lose weight so I thought I would try hypnosis. Today is day #1 for me, I just finished the 30 minute session about 15 minutes ago and I already feel more motivated. The sessions indicate that I should listen each day for 30 days.

I was wondering if anyone has tried hypnosis and if so what are your feelings on their effectiveness?
rainbow78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 07:26 PM   #2  

I have not tried that. So very glad to read that you are getting help from it. Is this a hypnotist you know? I would be interested in hearing more about it. Sending best to you.
flower123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 09:01 PM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by flower123 View Post
I have not tried that. So very glad to read that you are getting help from it. Is this a hypnotist you know? I would be interested in hearing more about it. Sending best to you.
Hi flower123,

I didn't know the hypnotist, I had searched youtube to see if there were any video/audio sessions available so I could try one out before buying. I can not post a link to the video because I'm so new and do not have enough posts. But if you search YT for "weight loss hypnosis" it is the one that says: Ultimate Weight Loss Hypnosis -- 30 Day Challenge! By: David McGraw

Looks like I'll be using this one for the next 30 days. I have already skipped my nighttime after dinner snack, so something has definitely clicked for me. I just hope it stays clicked as the month progresses and it's not just a temporary "beginner's effect" I'm experiencing.
Sending my best back at you. -Rainbow78
Old 08-05-2015, 11:26 AM   #4  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

let me know how it goes! i've always been interested in hypnosis although I think I would make a bad patient because I don't like letting go of my control like that....i used a youtube video once to access some past life memories which were interesting to see but I wasn't completely hypnotized
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 11:28 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

4 people I know have gone to the same weight loss hypnotist and have lost A LOT of weight. I almost went to the same person, but can't justify the cost...maybe I will one of these days.
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 11:36 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 265/180/145

Height: 5'6"

My grandmother paid for me to go to a hypnotist once. In hindsight, I lost weight because she put me on a low carb diet more than any suggestion to cut back. I probably would have stuck to it better if it didn't require me to drive 45 min one way once a week to attend the sessions.
FickleHearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 12:25 PM   #7  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

I've used it, as well as self-hypnosis, and have a little bit of training in both (from college and grad school getting my BA and MA in psychology).

It is most helpful as a motivation-booster along with other weight loss strategies, not so much as a stand-alone plan. The key is sticking with it, and frequency - the more frequent the sessions, the more effective.

Much depends on the skill of the hypnotist, and how soothing they can make voice. I went to a hypnotist whose technique was flawless, but she had such an annoyingly squeaky, high voice that it was impossible to relax to her voice, and relaxation is the first (and necessary) step to hypnosis.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 08:21 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 246/233/175

Height: 5'8"

I am definitely going to check this video out and give it a 30-day chance. Maybe we can both (and anyone else who wants to give it a go) can stay in touch on this thread and see how our experiences vary. It sounds exciting actually. ;-)
jefferzzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 10:47 PM   #9  
Tai

S/C/G: 272/111/Maintaining

Height: 5'4"

Keep us updated on how it goes for you! I knew a few people who tried this back in the 80's for both weight loss and smoking cessation.
Tai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 08:50 AM   #10  
mam1958

S/C/G: 307/267/160

Default Hypnosis

I had this done. I lost 30 pounds. This was a real eye opener. She is very famous here athletes come from across the country to her. Her success rate is incredible.

She teaches you so much about food and the way preservatives are hidden in everything even organic foods.

Her name is Julie her program is Key Hypnosis.

I have since been diagnosed with very early cancer so I have not been faithful to program but would recommend to anyone.

Many of the things she taught us has stuck. I rarely eat bread from a grocery store.

I buy fruits and veggies in season. Ever see any bugs in the produce department in a grocery store?

Sorry to ramble I found it very interesting though.
mam1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 09:03 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

Quote:
Originally Posted by mam1958 View Post
I had this done. I lost 30 pounds. This was a real eye opener. She is very famous here athletes come from across the country to her. Her success rate is incredible.

She teaches you so much about food and the way preservatives are hidden in everything even organic foods.

Her name is Julie her program is Key Hypnosis.

I have since been diagnosed with very early cancer so I have not been faithful to program but would recommend to anyone.

Many of the things she taught us has stuck. I rarely eat bread from a grocery store.

I buy fruits and veggies in season. Ever see any bugs in the produce department in a grocery store?

Sorry to ramble I found it very interesting though.
That's the one that everyone I know went to! We're in CT, so it's right there
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 08:48 PM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefferzzzz View Post
I am definitely going to check this video out and give it a 30-day chance. Maybe we can both (and anyone else who wants to give it a go) can stay in touch on this thread and see how our experiences vary. It sounds exciting actually. ;-)
Sounds great, I'm glad to hear you're trying it too. I'm already eating less and it's only day 3. I also feel like I'm in a more positive mood throughout the day which probably has something to do with the relaxation portion. I'll definitely keep you and everyone else updated on this thread.
Old 08-06-2015, 11:54 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 246/233/175

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbow78 View Post
Sounds great, I'm glad to hear you're trying it too. I'm already eating less and it's only day 3. I also feel like I'm in a more positive mood throughout the day which probably has something to do with the relaxation portion. I'll definitely keep you and everyone else updated on this thread.

I listened to it last night, before I went to bed. I felt really relaxed. I gotta say, that today I did very well with my meals. I have been having hunger pangs since restarting my diet but today, I was completely satiated with just a vegetable soup and side salad for lunch. I don't know if it's a placebo effect or not, nor do I care as long as it helps me to control binges and overeating in general. I'm about to listen to it again now.. I will definitely keep you updated!!
jefferzzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 11:00 AM   #14  

I missed listening to the session 2 days in a row (the 7th and the 8th) and my hunger and my bad eating habits came right back. I did not plan to miss any days but the 7th was a Friday and my cheat day so I figured why listen to the session if I'm already planning on eating more. On the 8th I have no idea, just never got around to it. These 2 days did show me how much impact the hypnosis is having on my healthy eating and weight loss. I am determined to listen tonight, before going to sleep. I really think for the hypnosis to be effective I can not miss any days.
Old 08-09-2015, 07:36 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 299/159/129

Height: 5'1

I used this self hypnosis for months and it really helped me. I still do the one where you fall asleep with it every night. I've lost 120 pds so far. I totally credit it with starting and improving my exercise. I ust to hate it & now I love it. here is my link to the blog I wrote about what I used. I got it from Sounds True. (http://www.fairysredcolordiet.com/bl...even-gurgevich)

BTW I only quit because I get the same effect from using Jon Gabriel's Guided Visualizations to Theta music. If you join GM's support group you get them for free-but the group is $40 a month. So far I've downloaded 38 of them (all the first month) so you could join for 1 month, & down load them & tons of other useful info. Yes I'm still crazy about The Gabriel Method.
FairyGaia is offline   Reply With Quote