Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-25-2015, 10:38 PM   #301  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

CoolMom When do you go on the bike ride trip?

magistra17 I was trying to think about the one store bought blue cheese that I liked and I think it's Naturally Fresh. I could buy that and add extra blue cheese. It was super high in calories the way I did it.

Total Approx 1740 calories +

Breakfast (190 calories + )
Organic Valley vanilla shake 190 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (350 calories)
salad w/grilled tuna, romaine, carrots, cucumbers, roasted red peppers, mushrooms, & BHF's ranch/blue cheese combo 350 calories

Dinner (1200 calories)
3 stuffed shrimp 225 calories
steak 700 calories
squash w/onions 75 calories
shared dessert 200 calories

Exercise:
KCM's Lean Body Circuits - combined workouts - w/15's
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 11:39 PM   #302  

S/C/G: 154/147/128

Height: 5'3.5"

Hello. Today was a much better day.

My hair is amazing. I went to huge hardware stores to figure out what to do with my balcony. I did not find furniture I like, but I found a privacy lattice that would look great. I also went shopping at Winners and bought five pieces : two sleeveless knits, two skirts and one pair of jeans. I can already see that the same trip to the dressing rooms would have made me cringe a month ago, but eight pounds lighter, it feels much nicer.

I bought Large tops because I am busty, but it feels like medium is almost there. Same for the jeans and skirt, a few more pounds off, and I will fit into a size 8.

This is the first time in my life when I diet while feeling good about myself and I am in no hurry to get thin for someone or some event. Cool.

B : Latte, toasts with Riopelle soft cheese.
L : Shish taouk made with a thinner - crêpe-like - bread. No garlic mayo, but hummus instead.
D : Greek restaurant. Glass of white wine. Grilled octopus with peppers and tomatoes. Zante salad (Romaine, endives, radicchio and a dill emulsion).
S : White Belgian beer, cauliflower, sesame and ginger hummus, pine nuts.

Diana - Competitive fishing, you don't say? ;-) Congrats on your workout.
CoolMom - Your homemade cooking sounds amazing. I am sure the whole family enjoys it.

Last edited by Matisse; 07-25-2015 at 11:41 PM.
Matisse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 11:57 PM   #303  
No Room for Negativity!

S/C/G: 200/177/125

Height: 5'2"

Hi Everyone,

Sorry I've been MIA for a little bit...I have been reading your posts .....It was a good distraction.....

Things are just crazy here....In my last post, I talked about my bad day...hitting a tractor trailer, etc...Well, it got worse.... I found out that there was a shooting at a nearby movie theater and a teacher acquaintance of mine was shot in the leg. Another one of her friends, also a teacher was shot...Just Crazy! Two young women died from their gunshot wounds and several others were injured, but expect to recover.
So, I went to Lafayette for a prayer group...gathering of sorts.

So, In all of the drama, I must have left one of my car doors open, and my battery died. Stranded in another city....finally someone had jumper cables and was able to get my car started again. I was miserable!! It was so hot and humid. I skipped lunch and dinner and was so hungry! Didn't get to have a meal until 10:30ish...

I'm so glad to be home!!! I have a big final project to complete by tomorrow.........I don't think I'm going to leave my house until it is done.

It's a shame people can't even sit in a church or movie theater anymore without having to worry!

I did lose a couple of pounds from not eating much.....That's not how I want to lose it though...
minnie45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 02:53 AM   #304  

S/C/G: 196/158/150

Height: 5' 6"

W: 187.8

B: whole wheat bagel w/butter, coffee w/cream
L: chicken leg, pinto beans
D: pork chops, broccoli, asparagus, mushrooms
D: dark chocolate

E: 12 minutes abs, stretches

I finally went grocery shopping today in the afternoon when it was too hot for most people to go out. It was a nice time to shop. There was no traffic and hardly anybody in the store. And I got everything I wanted which doesn't always happen. I also started writing my answer key today. I was thinking about scheduling a once a month pajama day for myself. Then I wouldn't have to feel guilty if I didn't get dressed that day.

Matisse Yes, I teach Latin. About 90% of my students take the National Latin Exam in the spring so I also tell my students stories from Greek and Roman mythology. I do a little Roman history and geography too. They have to know all of it in order to score well on the exam. There has been some fascinating research done on the benefits of studying Latin, and apparently it makes you smarter. I'm glad to hear that it was your favorite subject! It's my favorite subject too. Your shopping day sounds lovely. I have lost about 8 or 9 pounds too just recently. It is so much fun when your clothes start to get smaller.

Coolmom You made homemade cinnamon rolls! Yum! I can imagine how wonderful they must have smelled. Mmmm.

Minnie Oh, wow! I have never personally known anybody that was a victim of these crazy shootings. I'm so sorry for you and your friends. It is a shame that this keeps on happening and that we have to worry about where we go in public. It's frightening.

Diana I have never bought blue cheese and added it to my dressing. That's a super idea! I bet it would taste good crumbled in a salad.
magistra17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 03:08 AM   #305  

S/C/G: 193/131/125

Height: 5'5"

Hopping into this thread.

Food
- cookie
- sloppy joe on whole wheat bun
- peanut butter (1 tbsp); choco chips (15 grams); cheese (30g); 1 pickle
- mcdonalds small fry, small mcflurry

Lol not much to be impressed with there but whatever. Within calorie count.

Exercise -6.4 km run/walk, 2.4km walk, plus walking dog.

Excited because my night weight was only .2 up from morning weight. I want so badly to see the elusive 179.8 tomorrow morning that I'm afraid to sleep in case it doesn't happen (also because I had too much caffeine today).
ladyfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 08:40 AM   #306  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

ladyfat Hi and welcome to the check-in.

minnie45 I am sorry hat you are going through the added stress. Hang in there.

Matisse Yay for feeling good about things.

magistra
The pajama day is a good idea. On the weekends I stay in my PJ's a long time and I get a lot of stuff done around the house. I battle with fixing my hair and applying makeup on the weekends. We went off yesterday, so I dressed well. But like today, all I want to do is pull my hair back and go out with sunscreen on. I can get so much more done if I don't take the time to get made up. But then I'm always thinking about running into people I know.

ETA: Question for those who wear makeup daily and "fix" their hair. Some people look good natural. I am not one of those people. Does anyone else battle with this?

Last night I added on: Lee Holden's 7 Minutes of Magic Extended PM section
Nothing for this morning

Calories for yesterday: 1740 +
Weigh In: 174.2
No Change

Have a great day!

Last edited by Diana3271; 07-26-2015 at 08:42 AM.
Old 07-26-2015, 09:46 AM   #307  

S/C/G: 154/147/128

Height: 5'3.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnie45 View Post
Hi Everyone,

Sorry I've been MIA for a little bit...I have been reading your posts .....It was a good distraction.....

Things are just crazy here....In my last post, I talked about my bad day...hitting a tractor trailer, etc...Well, it got worse.... I found out that there was a shooting at a nearby movie theater and a teacher acquaintance of mine was shot in the leg. Another one of her friends, also a teacher was shot...Just Crazy! Two young women died from their gunshot wounds and several others were injured, but expect to recover.
So, I went to Lafayette for a prayer group...gathering of sorts.

So, In all of the drama, I must have left one of my car doors open, and my battery died. Stranded in another city....finally someone had jumper cables and was able to get my car started again. I was miserable!! It was so hot and humid. I skipped lunch and dinner and was so hungry! Didn't get to have a meal until 10:30ish...

I'm so glad to be home!!! I have a big final project to complete by tomorrow.........I don't think I'm going to leave my house until it is done.

It's a shame people can't even sit in a church or movie theater anymore without having to worry!

I did lose a couple of pounds from not eating much.....That's not how I want to lose it though...
Hi Minnie,

I almost wrote about the shooting in my status before your post because it angered me, but I was afraid that my political views about gun-control would offend sensibilities.

Last night I went to see Trainwreck because I don't want misogynist *******s dictating which movies one can see. It was funny.

I am so sorry that women close to you, women that you know, were kiled, shot or hurt.

MSNBC talked about the teacher who got shot in the leg. I believe it was her who pulled the fire alarm. She is really brave.

It will probably take you years to process this. As a girl studying in science in 1989, the Polytechnique massacre deeply affected me, and since I was studying next door, I had reminders of the killer's path each day by way of security guards.

It's ****ed up. It should not happen.

Take care and be good to yourself.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C3%89...nique_massacre
Matisse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 06:02 PM   #308  
Warrior Princess

I can't update my ticker, perhaps tickerfactory is having issues?

Work today was a total bust. If things keep going this way I'm going to get very impatient waiting for this lady at the other salon to retire in September, at the same time I don't want to be impulsive.

Back to the gym tomorrow.
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 07:02 PM   #309  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

Default Atkins Induction Day 96

A good day today.

Lunch
Fat, beef tallow, 1 tbsp
Walmart - Beef Chuck Roast, 7 oz

Dinner
Sunny Meadow - Jumbo Egg, 3 egg
Great Value - Sweet Cream Butter Unsalted, 2 tbsp(s)
Hannaford - Real Mayonaise, 2 Tbsp

Snacks
Radishes - Raw, 15 large (1" to 1-1/4" dia)

TOTAL: 1,262 Calories, 5g Carbs, 108g Fat, 62g Protein

Goal: 1,500 Calories, 19g Carbs, 117g Fat, 94g Protein
Larry H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 07:49 PM   #310  

S/C/G: 178/156/150

Height: 5'8

Hi everyone, back from camping! I don't know what it is, but being around family always makes me so stressed out. I hate that I get that way, because it keeps me from enjoying them :\

But yesterday was good, I had a light breakfast and got lunch from whole foods. I didn't eat all of the food I got though, which was awesome! I snacked on almonds and dried mango and wound up having a large dinner of chili, corn, and chocolate. I swam for at least an hour and a half though and woke up hungry this morning, so I'm not concerned. And today I had some accomplishments too! I made pasta for dinner and had leftovers for lunch tomorrow. I really wanted to finish it, but decided to whip a couple frozen bananas (finally got a blender!!) with some cocoa powder instead

B: banana, grapes (200)
s: almonds (300)
L: banana and peanut butter (600)
s: chocolate (800)
D: pasta w/ veggies (1500)
s: banana whip (1800)

I injured my foot somehow, so walking is kind of painful. I wasn't able to go on a jog because of it, and I'm really hoping it'll feel better tomorrow so I don't have to limp at work. I also got a scale and weighed in at 168! It's a pound up from last time, but that's okay. It should keep me motivated
RetroRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 09:07 PM   #311  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Novangel I tried changing my ticker too, but there seemed to be a problem.

Larry How long will you be in NY?

Retrorabbit Good job on your day. The swim sounds nice.

Total Approx 1075 calories + Not many calories but a ton of food

Breakfast (325 Calories + coffee)
spritz olive oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Mediterranean Blend Veggies
14 g. Organic Valley feta cheese 30 calories
1/2 Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin or 1 piece Alpine Valley organic whole wheat bread 65 calories
1 T. pumpkin butter 25 calories
juice 75 calories or less
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch 400 calories
Salad w/grilled tuna, romaine, cucumbers, carrots, mushrooms, roasted red peppers, BHF's dressing 350 calories
iced coffee w/sweet 'n low & cream 50 calories

Dinner (350 calories)
huge bowl of soup made with chicken bone stock, zucchini noodles, carrots, mushrooms, onions, okra, tomatoes, green beans, red peppers 250 calories
apple 100 calories

Exercise:
LM Body Attack 61
Old 07-26-2015, 09:13 PM   #312  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Hey everyone, back from vacation. We had a good time, but the last few days when I had less control over what we were eating got a bit tough. I didn't weigh in this morning as I'm sure I'm holding a lot of fluid with eating more carbs and driving and sitting all day the last day.

Some of it is water weight that will come off, but some will be true gains too, I'm sure.

I was back on plan today which was actually quite tough to stick to! I wanted to eat junk for the first time in forever. Good thing the vacation was only a week!
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 12:12 AM   #313  

S/C/G: 193/131/125

Height: 5'5"

Today was a high calorie day, but that's alright. I really want to focus more on getting better quality calories in, but with a treat or two each day to keep myself mentally satisfied as well. Hopefully I'll check in tomorrow saying I ate some fruit or veg!

Need to switch my exercise as my feet have ben hurting a bit from overdoing walking/running. Will try to hit the pool tomorrow and maybe force myself through a yoga video. Today was not a great day, but manageable.
ladyfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 12:27 AM   #314  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

Hey everyone,

Diana, I don't wear makeup often but my 4yo asked me why I "sometimes use makeup to cover the bruises on (my) face?" Haha! I sometimes dab it on the sun spots on the cheeks, just under my eyes. I guess they're bad enough to look like bruises. Hmmpf. My bike tour in in September.

I did my longer training bike ride today and did the entire rail trail. 44 miles! My knees are sore, but I did it! I only have to get to 50 miles for the tour and I have another month left to train. Yay!
CoolMom75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 07:53 AM   #315  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night I added on: Intense Stretch from Perfect in 10 Stretch
This Morning: Oxycise Level 2 Workout

Calories for yesterday: 1075 +
Weigh In: 173.8
Down: .4

Waving Hi all around! Have a great start to your week!