Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-21-2015, 09:55 AM   #1  

Default Anyone else's body do worse when eating less?

My body does better when I am eating a lot of food. I have been eating a lot of food for the last few months. 1900 cals or more. Though I just got my RMR tested and I have a low metabolsim. During that time I felt so good.

1. Slept like a baby. Slept all night long.
2. TOM, firm 28 days and, very few cramps.
3. Blood tests always came back amazing. RBC, WBC, platlets... great.
4. Cholesterol goes UP... when I am dieting and drops to normal when I am eating a lot.

Dropped my calories this week in prep for a diet I am going on.
1. Having a ton of trouble sleeping and keep waking up in the middle of the night.
2. TOM, came 12 days after the last one, and cramps!
3. Typically even if I am taking a multi, my blood tests go haywire... low RBC, strange high tests... I expect that again. as I expect high cholesterol.

I don't understand why my body seems to be healthier at a higher weight... worse food. Anyone else find this?
Kim4545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 11:05 AM   #2  

Height: 5'7"

I wonder how low you are dropping your calories? Maybe your body is just readjusting to the change. When I went from eating a lot of processed junk to eating better, my body rebelled at first, I just felt blah and sluggish, my skin went a bit haywire. It has passed but still if I go to low with my calories my energy drops and I feel horrible.

Now I never had testing while this was happening so I don't know the actual Metabolic change that was going on at the time. If you know you are eating better and exercising, and if your Dr isn't very concerned about the numbers then oh well it is just a another number.
aml0017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 04:08 PM   #3  
Hello!

S/C/G: 215/168.4/159.8

Height: 5' 5"

Actually, I'm the opposite. When I eat more, I get sluggish, less energetic, I feel less positive, and generally not as good and less comfortable.

When I eat less, I feel more lively, lighter, happier, more satisfied, and sleep so much better (I also wake up much easier). I'm talking about eating lighter and less food, to the point where I'm just barely full. I love this!

Sadly, my preferred way of eating can get derailed by cravings, which is my major issue.
Penny105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 07:31 PM   #4  

Height: 5'4

How many calories are we talking? You may be under eating, which will throw your body out of whack.
JossFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 09:15 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 230/230/199

Height: 5' 10.5"

Is it stress? A lot of those symptoms could be stressed related.maybe your stressed about going on a diet?
nickilaughs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 06:10 AM   #6  

No I am still eating enough not to lose (just preping at this point) but I have noticed that my body literally does not react like everyone elses when I diet. Dieting period, is not good for me. Everyone just like shakes their head and says keep dieting but I know my body doesn't do as well on less food.
Kim4545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 08:10 AM   #7  

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim4545 View Post
No I am still eating enough not to lose (just preping at this point) but I have noticed that my body literally does not react like everyone elses when I diet. Dieting period, is not good for me. Everyone just like shakes their head and says keep dieting but I know my body doesn't do as well on less food.
The problem is that you are being sort of vague; you aren't giving any information about your height and weight, activity level, and calorie intake.

It could be a medical issue causing you to feel bad, you could be eating an imbalanced diet (cutting out carbs or fat unnecessarily), not sleeping enough, cutting calories too drastically, etc.

Just saying "my body doesn't do well eating less" doesn't help you to make changes; its a self-fulfilling prophecy that way. You have already decided that you feel bad when dieting and nobody can convince you otherwise.

Maybe what you need is an exchange type of diet where you are just picking foods that fit the plan (e.g. a protein + carb, protein + fat meal) from a list. That way, you won't know exactly what the calorie intake is, and won't be predisposed to feel like you're "dieting".

It may be that the issue is more one of mental compliance than physical.
JossFit is offline   Reply With Quote