Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-19-2015, 02:12 PM   #16  
From Lazy to Light!

S/C/G: 215/Ticker/170

Height: 5'6"

That sounds like a great idea. Too bad I'm not sure what my old stats are.
LovelyLeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 05:18 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 181/ticker/115

Height: 5'2"

This sounds very familiar. I find it so frustrating to be struggling to achieve my old "fat" weight.
pigeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 05:42 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

BerryBB, that chart is awesome! And I agree with you about being less triggered than before. Also, one of the things I've learned is not to quit after 7 months! Experience really is a good teacher!

Leah, you weren't logging in on any of the daily accountable threads or anything like that the first time around?

Last edited by Jacqui_D; 06-19-2015 at 05:44 PM.
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 12:58 AM   #19  
From Lazy to Light!

Not in the beginning. A couple months after I started my weight loss last time I started doing the challenges.
Old 06-21-2015, 12:10 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 337.4/322/155

Height: 5'8

I caught myself looking through old photos and generally feeling kinda bummed tonight, then remembered this thread. I go back and forth on feeling like I've been able to let go. Some days I'm over it and all about looking forward. Tonight, not so much. Thanks for posting. It's good to have others relate.
Aclai4067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 12:18 AM   #21  
No Room for Negativity!

S/C/G: 200/177/125

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aclai4067 View Post
I caught myself looking through old photos and generally feeling kinda bummed tonight, then remembered this thread. I go back and forth on feeling like I've been able to let go. Some days I'm over it and all about looking forward. Tonight, not so much. Thanks for posting. It's good to have others relate.
But, you are working on losing the weight now and that is all that counts. Don't beat yourself up....you are doing it!!! Don't look back, only look forward! You will do it!
minnie45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 12:30 AM   #22  
From Lazy to Light!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aclai4067 View Post
I'm in the same place. My FB profile picture is a really cute one of me and my niece. I also happen to be at my lightest. I don't look at it too often but when I do I just can't believe how much better I looked. It's a mix of discouraging and encouraging. I know that if I got there once I can get there again. BUT....I want it NOW!!!!
Old 06-21-2015, 09:12 AM   #23  
change everything

S/C/G: 193/ticker/150

This thread is very timely for me. I've been away from 3FC for several months now, and of course in those several months I've gained back a huge portion of the 60 pounds I had lost. No one to blame but myself. :-(

It's depressing to think of how low my weight was (157) and now who knows where I am, probably back into the 190s. I almost want to just give up, but coming back here and seeing others with the same struggles and feeling inspired by others' stories, I think it helps. I need to let go of the past and move on.

Tomorrow when I weigh myself (first time in months) I will replace the last "starting weight" on my ticker and profile. Tomorrow will be my new beginning, rather than just a continuation of the past.
CindyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 10:36 AM   #24  

Height: 5'7"

I so relate to this thread! This is exactly what I am going through right now. I'm the highest weight I've ever been and I keep comparing my body now to the last time I lost weight 2 years ago (down to about 180). Not the number so much but how my body looks and feels.

The main difference is this go round I really see the difference in my skin. My stomach and my inner thighs got really big with that last 25 extra lbs, now I'm worrying about loose skin. I never worried about that the last time I lost weight. So it is giving me a new thing to stress about and punish myself over. You know, the little voice that scolds you "if you'd just stayed where you were you wouldn't be here now".

I am trying to look forward and remember my reasons for doing this. To be healthy and feel better. That is all.
aml0017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 11:01 AM   #25  
From Lazy to Light!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aml0017 View Post
The main difference is this go round I really see the difference in my skin. My stomach and my inner thighs got really big with that last 25 extra lbs, now I'm worrying about loose skin. I never worried about that the last time I lost weight. So it is giving me a new thing to stress about and punish myself over.
I had this problem too. I had reached the point where I really looked like I was in my third trimester of pregnancy I had so much belly fat. And then when I'd sit my thighs would flatten out and look even bigger. I was so repulsed by my own body. But in the month since I've started eating healthier and slowly adding some exercise (mainly just getting off the couch more often) I have noticed a big difference. I belly has mostly deflated. It's still flabby and I still have a long way to go but it no longer looks like it's carrying another human. My thighs generally take a bit longer to come off but even those have started go down a bit.

Have you tried taking measurements? Sometimes those can help put things into perspective with your weight loss journey. The mirror doesn't always reflect inches lost. Especially if you look into the mirror and compare yourself to what you hope to see.