Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2015, 01:57 PM   #301  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Jacqui - Thanks for being so encouraging to everyone!!

I'm a 9/10 today. Had a great workout this morning. Just need to stay on track with food!
Old 07-30-2015, 03:24 PM   #302  
Covered in Cat Hairs

S/C/G: 298/249.5/170

Height: 168cm

Hi you guys!

Been about 8/10 today but stuck to plan, huzzah felt uberly rubbish and wasn't going to break my new trainers in, but I did, my mum came with me for a walk so I did get them broken in and earned some activity points hugs and sparkles to you all
Old 07-30-2015, 03:32 PM   #303  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Slashnl, aw, it is my pleasure! I love to see people do well. In the big picture losing weight and becoming healthier can seem so overwhelming, and day to day it can seem so tedious, but we all have what it takes to do it! Sometimes all we need is a little encouragement to remind ourselves of that. Why, just look at your journey! You have lost 73 LBS! And now you are only 22 lbs from Onederland, and then right around the corner is your GOAL! When you get up and exercise like you did today, when you deny that off-plan temptation, or when you keep yourself from mindless snacking, you are inching your way toward that goal! Everything you do or don't do is leading you exactly to where you want to be, and you're DOING it! I find that exciting! I am so happy for all of our day-to-day accomplishments. Even when we slip up or stumble, even when we work our hardest and the scale frustrates us by moving up for what seems like no good reason, we pick ourselves up and keep going, and that's so inspirational! That to me is success!

Lovemylife, woohoo on the great workout! I hope you've had a great day too!

Raining, love that high commitment number! Good job on the on-point eating!

MsTibbles, way to go on sticking to plan and getting out there and exercising, especially when you didn't feel up to it! Fantastic!

Today, I am a 10/10! The scale is being awfully kind to me and I have lost another half lb!
Old 07-30-2015, 11:03 PM   #304  
persistence is the key!

S/C/G: 147/144/120

Everyone is doing so well! Yay

I'm 10/10 today. No weight change but solid focus on the menu!

So far today-
- Soy latte
- green tea
- vermicelli thai chicken salad
- Brown rice green tea

Going out to dinner tonight, will have something low carb and coke zero I think.

Going to high tea tomorrow so will have to be very careful with all other meals!!!

Last edited by perennial; 07-31-2015 at 03:12 AM.
Old 07-31-2015, 07:30 AM   #305  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

Jaqui D, thanks so much for the encouragement. Every little bit helps.

ladyfat, tracking calories is the best way to go about this process and staying within a calorie deficit is a lot more effective for weight loss than exercising. Of course (as you might already know all of this), exercise is important for fitness and for improving mood, but you're doing the most important thing at the moment and you should be proud of yourself. Have you tried using a pedometer? I use it and it helps me feel better if I don't work out...I try to get as many steps a day as possible and every little bit helps.

For me, today I'm at an 8/10...my insomnia is getting the best of me. I've been waking up between 2:30-3:30 am every day for a week now and I'm constantly exhausted. Ironically, I sleep the best when I'm binge eating and having what I call "food comas." Still, I'm determined to keep going, despite my chronic pain issues. I'm going to a wedding in November and I'd like to look my best. I know it's a shallow motivator but right now, it's helping me stay committed.
Old 07-31-2015, 11:50 AM   #306  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

9/10 today. Exercise is so very much on track, and I'm thankful. Eating... well... working on it. Love food!
Old 07-31-2015, 12:16 PM   #307  

10/10 again today

Happy Friday everyone!
Old 07-31-2015, 12:23 PM   #308  

S/C/G: 181/132.8/130

Height: 5'3.5"

9/10 today. Spent hour weeding and picking jalapeņos this morning (tilled fall gardenlast night for hour). Mammogram at 2 and back home to do some homemade pizza crust dough (in bread machine of course). Back outside to start planting seeds. Reward: homemade pizza and low-carb beer

I alwAys forget to thank everyone for being great cheerleaders here, so "thank you!"

Last edited by PrairieQueen; 07-31-2015 at 12:24 PM.
Old 07-31-2015, 12:55 PM   #309  

S/C/G: 197/190/125

Height: 5'1"

I am at 9/10 today. I missed my morning workout. Plan to stick to the meal plan and workout later.
Old 07-31-2015, 04:30 PM   #310  

Perennial, I'm sure you'll do fine at your dinner and high tea!

Ladyvwj, way to adapt your day! Good job!

Wow, PrairieQueen, you are so industrious! I bet you have a wonderful garden! Do you ever participate in a farmer's market?

Raining, woohoo on the 10/10!

Slashnl, you can do it!

Luckymommy, you are so welcome! Thank YOU again for starting this thread, so that we could support each other!

Today, I am a 10/10 on eating and a 8/10 on exercising. I have rheumatoid arthritis and it's decided to act up a bit today and that kind of wears me out. BUT I know I will get out and exercise. I just don't know how much I'll do.
Old 07-31-2015, 05:43 PM   #311  

S/C/G: 181/132.8/130

Height: 5'3.5"

I was actually planning on doing our local farmers market and even went to the first meeting, but it interfered with my auctions (I love antiques/vintage and have an etsy shop) and I was going to miss the first two for vacation. And, it's a lot of work setting up. So, I just can, pickle, freeze, dehydrate, trade, and share my bounty. Right now I'm up to my ears in green/french green/yellow wax beans. I've cooked, canned, dried, and given away and there's more to pick tomorrow!

I know this is long winded, but I'm very passionate about organic/best practices/non-GMO food.....and supporting local growers of food and meat.
Old 07-31-2015, 05:55 PM   #312  

I think that is fantastic! And I am into auctions/vintage too! Have been for years and years. My hubs and I are retired teachers and we used to own an antique shop. We live in a huge, beautiful, historical home, and now we just go to enjoy the auctions and to buy for the house (like we need anything else, lol). It's hard to get that out of your blood!
Old 08-01-2015, 12:43 AM   #313  
From Lazy to Light!

S/C/G: 215/Ticker/170

I finally got my laptop back today after a bit of shopping:

That's right, I picked out my engagement ring today! It'll take about a week for me to get it back since the stone in the center of this one is CZ and they are replacing it with moissanite. But it'll look about the same.
Old 08-01-2015, 06:58 AM   #314  
persistence is the key!

S/C/G: 147/144/120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacqui_D View Post
I think that is fantastic! And I am into auctions/vintage too! Have been for years and years. My hubs and I are retired teachers and we used to own an antique shop. We live in a huge, beautiful, historical home, and now we just go to enjoy the auctions and to buy for the house (like we need anything else, lol). It's hard to get that out of your blood!
Prairie Queen & Jacqui - I love antiques too. There is a television show on here that is all about people buying antiques from fairs and selling them at auction (they pair them with some experts). It's called Bargain Hunt and I love it.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bargain_Hunt

High Tea and Dinners x 2 were good but have a feeling I will have gained... will weigh in tomorrow.

Leah - congratulations!
Old 08-01-2015, 08:37 AM   #315  

S/C/G: 156/156/126

Height: 5' 2"

I've got to get this extra weight off as I have foot pain caused by sciatica. My knees hurt caused by being older I suppose. I'm very unhappy with my weight.
Closed Thread