Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-10-2015, 09:00 PM   #16  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by gailr42 View Post
I was doing fine until my husband had to have emergency open heart surgery. This was about a year and a half ago, and it has been a long, stressful, recovery. As we are senior citizens, we probably can't expect him to ever be "as good as new". Since then, it has been one stressful thing after another. I am afraid to weigh myself, but I am sure I have gained most if not all the weight I lost back.

I lurk here regularly, and sometimes I post, but not like I used to.
I should know myself enough by now as when I stop weighing, I'm in a bad solace. Actually that should be one of my first cues to get help as it means I'm self sabotaging.

Hope you are doing better! And yes I remmember you as my mom,s name is Gail and she was born in the 40s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wannabehealthy View Post
Melissa, I think most people disappear because they fell off the wagon and had a regain, and feel ashamed of themselves. But that is exactly when you need to come here. Reading the posts of others can get you back on track, and posting your concerns will usually bring encouragement from others. No one is perfect. We all have setbacks and need to just keep on going. Never give up.
And yep, I remember you too. And yes you are exactly right. Leaving here is usually a symptom too. One thing that is different these last two years of struggles a re that I'm not quitting. I'm just trying to learn my weaknesses and get better and better at this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vex View Post
I've been around off and on..probably a mistake to leave as I'm up around 200 again now..the last time I weighed myself. :/
And of course, I rmemeber you too! Hope you are in a better space now Vex.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koshka View Post
I know that a couple of years ago when I was gaining weight I didn't post much. I think that is fairly common.

And, actually, I was glad to see you posting here and on your blog. I was wondering about you just a few weeks ago. I had been following your blog on bloglovin and noticed you hadn't been posting. I was hoping to see you come back.
Thanks so much. Coming back after two failures of not finishing the job was not easy to do, but I needed to do it as, well, I think it shows the realistic situation of really fighting the battle of weight loss. I know this will be a life long battle and pretending it isn't, isn't helping any one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckymommy View Post
I'm the same as you. I'll get very motivated and be here every day and then, poof, I drop off the face of the earth...well at least from this site. Something always seems to happen in my life and I can't handle it...but mostly, it's just my food addiction that I haven't managed to control for any extended period of time.

I also remember a few members that have left and haven't come back. I hope they're doing well and just don't need this place anymore. This is a great site, though and I'm glad it's here when I need it.
Makes you wonder why we do that to ourselves, yes? Glad you are still fighting the fight though. You are worth the effort!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMarie View Post
I remember you very well and missed you when you left. You always posted a lot and inspired me. Don't know if you'll remember me or not...I posted but not a lot. I check in here every day. But, since reaching goal, I rarely post...just read. This place helped me lose weight and it helps me maintain.
Of course I remmber you! And thank you. Your story is super inspirational!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shcirerf View Post
I'm still here. I don't post as often as I used to.

In the last 5 years, I've been blessed with 4 grandchildren! My work has been crazy busy, and then I took on leading my WW group. Along with doubling the size of my garden, and so on and so forth.

Along with all of this, for the DH and I both, aging parents that also need more attention.

I do read on a regular basis, and now and then post a rant, when I have no where else to do it, because I know, I won't get judged, I get support, and I get it off my chest.

I am still maintaining my WL, fitness changes with the mood, but I'm always doing something.

I do wonder what happened to many, like Rocking Robin, loved her. I'm FB friends with a few others that don't come here anymore, but are doing well.
Congrats! And yay to keeping off the weight! I hope to be able to say I will do that one day! MAINTAIN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandalinn82 View Post
Hi! I wrote a post on where I've been. You can read it in signature ("Where have I been?") Welcome back!
Holy Moly Mandalinn! What a time you have had! But you survived it and maintained that is truly an amazing accomplishment! Hoping things stay settled down too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by djs06 View Post
I've definitely seen your posts and have looked for them when I come back after a long hiatus! There are so many people who used to post here who I look for and have dropped off. I guess they go other places for support now? Or maybe they just don't think of this place anymore?
Thank you! And I don't know. I fear they've given up. :-(

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel2writer View Post
Hi, Melissa - I've been on and off this site for several years, too. I DO read your blog regularly, so I feel like I know you a bit from there. Hi!
I k ow you read it (and respond) thank you! That is really sweet!
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote