I'm truly thinking of taking a hammer to my scale

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • If that makes your sheets toilet paper or diapers, you might need to either clean yourself better or see a doctor!
  • Lol this thread took a turn. I'm still around 183, but everyone at work is exclaiming how much weight I've lost over the last month. And my mediums are loose. I've decidedly original 150s goal is unrealistic and likely I will never get pass the 160s without looking like a skeleton. I'm still weighing, but not really factoring it into my progress. Especially because I started lifting.
    Glad to know I'm not alone.
  • I used to get emotionally update whether the scale went up or down..Now its the same as the gas guage on my car..it tell me whats going on and if I need to make adjustments. I feel better, but I need something to tell me whats going on. I only weigh once week. If its making your head hurt walk away for a while, but remember its just a tool....
  • Quote: I'm European! We love to be naked. How does sleeping naked make one's sheets into toilet paper or diapers?
    You're wiping your behind all over it all night!
  • Quote: If that makes your sheets toilet paper or diapers, you might need to either clean yourself better or see a doctor!
    No amount of bathing is going to stop that area from having bacteria and fluids.
  • Quote: No amount of bathing is going to stop that area from having bacteria and fluids.
    LOL! You're not spread eagle rubbing your crotch and crevices into the bed! What about sex? I use my bed for that
  • I use a combination of a scale, keeping track of inches lost AND use a Body Fat monitor. You talked about how you're so strong and can kick butt on certain machines and that explains a lot. You're putting on muscle and the scale is reflecting that. As we all know, muscle weighs more than fat!

For example, for me this past month I only lost a POUND! OMG I could cry right? WRONG! I actually lost 4.5 INCHES and was down 1.6% body fat which is equivalent to 5.44 pounds! It means I am gaining muscle and it sounds like you're doing the same!
  • Quote: LOL! You're not spread eagle rubbing your crotch and crevices into the bed! What about sex? I use my bed for that
    It's gross to me. A long time ago I read something that said people who sleep naked get pink eye more often too because of the bacteria on their sheets making it's way into the eye via hands or what not. It's just not for me.
  • Public service announcement, you can sleep however you want. :P. Its none of my business.
    Yeah i am still weighing because i started a weigh in thread and don't want to abandon it. I've sort of had to change my goals though because if you look at me. There is no way I'm going to drop 24 lbs to reach 159. I'm not sure I have room to make it to 165. But I'm gonna try.
    Having to change up goals made me feel like a "failure" for a minute. But my original thing that started the weight loss was these size 10 pants i want to wear. And I'm still going to fit in them. Likely by the end of summer.
  • Quote: Public service announcement, you can sleep however you want. :P. Its none of my business.
    Yeah i am still weighing because i started a weigh in thread and don't want to abandon it. I've sort of had to change my goals though because if you look at me. There is no way I'm going to drop 24 lbs to reach 159. I'm not sure I have room to make it to 165. But I'm gonna try.
    Having to change up goals made me feel like a "failure" for a minute. But my original thing that started the weight loss was these size 10 pants i want to wear. And I'm still going to fit in them. Likely by the end of summer.
    I hope you don't feel like a failure! Goals often have to change because we have no way of knowing if a random number we picked is going to end up being what makes us happy. Even if you "were at some point" your goal weight, that weight may no longer work for you. I've found that myself at least.
  • I've had to ditch the scale for short period of times. I tend to focus too much on it if I weigh too often and it stresses me out and causes me to spend way more time thinking about it than I should be. I also have a "weight goal" that may not be achieved. Mine is 135 but even at my tiniest I've never been that weight. So in the back of my mind I'm trying to make my real goal be the size I will be confident in a bikini on my honeymoon. I'm also trying to be more concerned about living a healthy lifestyle. It's a struggle though to not be tempted to check the scale frequently and obsess over it. Making yourself only way once a week may help (it has me).
  • I'm weighing but ignoring the numbers because they don't really show my progress. I'm taking pics weekly to see the actual progress.
    I felt like a failure a short time. Now at the weights I feel like a badass. So much fun to make progress on weights.
    I saw my mom for the first time in a month,and even though there was only 3 #s difference she kept saying "wow". And "holy sh!t". So I'll take that as affirmation I'm going in right direction. :P
  • nickilaughs, I completely understand how you feel. I think for me, I'm just going to focus on staying on track, counting my calories and having good, whole meals and doing what exercise I can do right now. That will pay off in the long run for me, just making smarter, healthier choices. I have to stop focusing on the scale too. The stupid scale has made me quit before and I'll be darned if I let that happen again.