3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   to cheat day... or not to cheat day (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/303575-cheat-day-not-cheat-day.html)

spanky 04-21-2015 02:25 PM

I do calorie counting. Once a week, when I feel like I need it, I'll go up to a 1600 calorie maximum, up from my normal 12-1400. Being over 50 with apparently NO metabolism left whatsoEVER, I find I simply can't throw all caution to the winds on a cheat day. This way I get whatever treat is calling my name but don't go too far off-plan.

misspixie 04-22-2015 12:24 AM

A cheat DAY is a LONNNG time -- I personally think that the way a person eats needs some sort of structure. I have a highly structured eating plan that includes two free meals a week. It doesn't matter when I take them, but they are there and it is helpful to me. I am now taking only one free meal as my metabolism has slowed a bit. I plan for this meal and make it a very nice one too. It's helpful to know that if we go to see friends for dinner, that can be a free meal and I'm still on plan. This meal, though, isn't an excuse to cram as much crap as I can down my throat. It's a chance to have a regular meal, like pizza or Indian food or something like that.

I could do alot of damage with a free DAY. Why not take it down to one or two free meals a week rather than a whole day?

freelancemomma 04-22-2015 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TooManyDimples (Post 5155825)
On a low carb day i try to stay around 40 net carbs, on high carb I can go up to 100.

Just goes to show it's all relative. My "low" carb days are about 150 g. More often I net out between 200 and 300 g.

F.

Melfuchsia 04-22-2015 03:18 PM

Having had a problem my whole life with compulsive eating, the whole concept of "food as a rewward" for being good the rest of the week is a slippery slope for me.

But a "cheat day" as in enjoying a great night out with friends once in a while and not counting everything in that moment, I'm all for it!

To me it's more in how you approach it that the "cheating" itself!

SenseAndSensibility 04-22-2015 05:30 PM

Sounds similar to what I do... I don't have a specific cheat day, but I do have treats for the week I can use whenever. Some cookies, dark chocolate, cranberry juice. Just things I like but don't need tons of every day. Today I had three cookies, and it was wonderful. I think your idea sounds good and all ready works for you. I also find after "cheat" days I go back I'm full swing the next day. Helps maintain a balance and let's me eatvout with friends once in a while without any guilt.

kiwi1222 04-22-2015 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SenseAndSensibility (Post 5156319)
Sounds similar to what I do... I don't have a specific cheat day, but I do have treats for the week I can use whenever. Some cookies, dark chocolate, cranberry juice. Just things I like but don't need tons of every day. Today I had three cookies, and it was wonderful. I think your idea sounds good and all ready works for you. I also find after "cheat" days I go back I'm full swing the next day. Helps maintain a balance and let's me eatvout with friends once in a while without any guilt.

I think that is what I'm finding. My cheat day is Sunday so on Monday I feel rejuvenated. Again my day is not a binge fest bc then what was all the hard work for during the week but I'm so carb deprived that I'm so happy to eat a subway sandwich on my cheat day. Woohoo bread. I'm sort of in my detox phase so my eating plan is very strict. Can't wait to normalize in a week or two.