Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-10-2015, 07:51 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 82/70.5/70kg

Height: 165cm

Default Belly Fat - Yum Yum - Leg of steel just keep growing

Hey everyone,

So here is the good news. I was 82 kilos in October last year and around early January I weighed in at 72kg. I am happy with the loss so far BUT since then I have not lost any weight myself.

I have noticed that I am toning up considerably and my face shape has changed in the 2 months, body is looking more defined but no weight loss and still plenty of chub chub to loose (I am 165cm or 5ft5).

All I am doing is a low carb (Healthpointe 2.0 diest) and 10,000 steps a day. My legs have almost no fat on them and I am just walking nothing more. I have an odd situation where I genetically pack on muscle more than the average person easier and right now my legs look like oak trees while the top half looks 'ok' but by comparison.

Does anyone have a good arm/core workout to help get rid of this belly fat? My goal was to be 60kg but if my muscles keep growing and the fat remains I shall be heavier >_<
dimmers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 07:56 PM   #2  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

My guess is that you are not really seeing big muscle on your legs but less fat. I have a similar situation where I have slender legs but am getting very toned/muscular on my top half.

Why?

Because I do a lot of running/cardio (4 miles+ a day) which really burns the fat and, so it seems, particularly on my legs and butt. But I also weight train, primarily my core and upper body, which has built muscle there. So I have a big top and slender bottom. To compensate and get some balance, I am now trying to weight train to build more muscle in my legs.

Long story short: Start doing some weight training on the top half of your body i.e. arms, core etc. You will not bulk up. This is very hard for women to do. You just don't have the hormones that us guys have.

It's tough being a guy. With all these hormones.

Last edited by IanG; 03-10-2015 at 08:06 PM.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 08:06 PM   #3  

Do you suggest any routines for arms/ core.

With regards to the legs and no fat, you are correct but its gotten to a stage where my underpants (I wear trunks) are stretching the elastic to the point where the elastic is starting to break apart the leg holes. If I go up a size the waist wont be holding it up.

That being said I could switch back to boxers but I don't like the dangle feeling.
Old 03-10-2015, 08:09 PM   #4  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

For just that I like bench press (or press ups), dumbbell curls, tricep curls, lat pulldowns and military presses. Do some planks for the abs (but some of the above will help with those as well).

To do legs as well in one hit I would do squats and deadlifts - but I sense you don't want that!

And apologies. You are a guy. God you will bulk up! If you are eating right...

Last edited by IanG; 03-10-2015 at 08:15 PM.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 06:57 PM   #5  

Thanks IanG I will find some YouTube vids this weekend
Old 12-21-2017, 04:28 PM   #6  

Weight by age
For example, if you were between 26 and 30 and your weight was less than 50 KG, then this is not good
If you weigh 72 and your age is 28 good
The problem is that you have to maintain your weight by age
YolaLendres is offline   Reply With Quote