March 2015 - Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - Everyone Welcome! - Page 30 - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2015, 01:02 PM   #436  
I am losing it!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/195

Height: 6.1

Wednesday was
1300 calorie day
no exercise (meditation and sleeping off major headache)
Old 03-26-2015, 01:08 PM   #437  

Today I tried Zumba. It was exhausting but fun . I used a beginners workout video on youtube, I did have a short break half way through it though. Plus I had my usual nursery run walk.
B: Green smoothie
L:1/2 tin of tuna mixed with natural yoghurt some cucumber and a boiled egg
D: I'm not sure yet, I have some left over chicken breast to eat so i'll have that with veg and maybe some rice.
S: handful of walnuts and a boiled egg
Old 03-26-2015, 01:27 PM   #438  

S/C/G: 299/159/129

Height: 5'1

When I saw " accountability " I thought WoW! I've been accountable every day since I began. I counted up my days and that makes 198 days!
I,m a newbie here but this time I've lost 74 pds so far. As yet, I seen weightloss every time I step on my scale. I eat mindfully, within a 3 meal a day ( really 2 meals- one snack a day ) . For medical reasons I've cut out all sugar save raw honey and stevia. Even there no more than 3 spoons in a day. Also no products made with white flour, 95% gluten free, no sugar substitutes, red meat only once a week, breakfast largest meal of day.
I'm unable to stand very long so I do a chair exercise dvd every other day and chair yoga or chairTai chi the other days unless I spend over 5 hrs working in my garden. Daily visualization and self hypnosis and at least 3 x a week blogging are all part of the new me. Yes, I am retired- blessed with time - 63 years young.
Old 03-26-2015, 04:19 PM   #439  

S/C/G: 178/156/150

Height: 5'8

Fairy- congrats on your weight loss! I'm interest in the self-hypnosis? It sounds like it could be a fun way to keep up motivation. What do you do for it?

Today hasn't been going well so far. I started off with a soy yogurt, but have been in a snacking mood. I've had soup with bread, a small bowl of pasta, hummus and bread, banana and peanut butter, and some green beans. It's 3:15 here, so that puts me at around 1600 calories for 2 meals. It's not terrible- no way near as bad as how I used to be when I binge ate, but not great. I'm going to try to get in a jog right now (we'll see how it goes since I'm in such a sleepy mood today, maybe it's the hazy weather) and will go to the gym later on. That should mean if I eat a low-salt dinner, I'll be okay.

Tomorrow is also my last day at my parents' before heading back up to school. I should write up a plan for fitting in exercise while there and not falling back on comfort foods. I'm thinking maybe cutting out white wheat products. I just love my sesame fennel bread so much :\
Old 03-26-2015, 06:15 PM   #440  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

I've been on here sporadically with spring break going on and all kinds of things to keep me busy! I am even busier during spring break than normal so now I'm back to a usual school year schedule this week....Nothing new to report...Trying to keep a handle on the food, which has been a struggle during TOM....Still doing gym time...still hiking around on weekends

Took my son and his cousins on a 7-mile (total) hike up one of the mountains around here last weekend....gorgeous day and it took us about 4 hours total, what with climbing up the mountain path, breaks, playing around etc...some of the climbing was a little sketchy, with steep rock steps that you pull yourself up on with a steel cable one step/rock at a time...it's a gain of 1,300 feet in elevation...attached is a photo that i took at the top looking down on the glacial lake where we started from....somewhere to the top right is where we live

west glacier pic.jpg
Old 03-26-2015, 07:01 PM   #441  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/145.3/145

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Alaskan that is beautiful, sounds like quite an adventure!

Diana sounds like pretty good news, glad to hear.

Lilmonstervictoria your veggie deal sounds amazing, wish we had something like that here.

Syckgirlsfv glad to hear your dad's doing well after surgery.

Flower

W-171.2
B-oats, craisins, almond milk
L-veggie burrito, black beans, brown rice, corn/cauliflower
D-rotisserie chicken, potato salad, 4bean salad
S-Goya chocolate wafer cookies
E- better ride the ex. Bike...

Best to all
Old 03-26-2015, 07:09 PM   #442  

S/C/G: 299/159/129

Height: 5'1

Retro Rabbit, the self hypnosis is a 3cd set by Steven Gurgevich " The self hypnosis diet." I got it from Sounds true, but Amazon has it. It has a lot of great advice, isvery
positive and life affirming, nothing negative or " you should" in it. Very easy to do.

Alaskanlaughter: wow! What a hike, what a view! I just finished a guided meditation for self esteem where wechoose a place and exciting activity to do and what you did is exactly what I imagined doing. Blew me away to go online and read that in just minutes. You are my goal. At the present my body can stand about 10-15 minutes, the future me hikes mountains.
Old 03-26-2015, 09:08 PM   #443  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

No change today at 178.2lbs.

Breakfast was sardines, more sardines and mussels.

Lunch was fish and salad.

For exercise I did 60 minutes boxing before work and did 60 minutes weight training before lunch. No running on account of rain but it's good to give the ol' knees a rest.

I really had to resist a veggie wrap I was offered today as a snack. I was so close to eating it. My worst impulses are with healthy foods. I can easily resist the temptation of something like candy, chocolate or a cake but offer me something healthy and it is tough going. But I managed to avoid. I was on and off for about 2 hours thinking shall I?

Alaskan, I would fish that lake dry!

Last edited by IanG; 03-26-2015 at 09:15 PM.
Old 03-26-2015, 09:14 PM   #444  

S/C/G: 178/156/150

Height: 5'8

Ahh, okay, I may look into it.

Well, today is ending on a good note. I went for a jog, which was probably 15 minutes of running in total, broken into sections between 3 minutes of walking- my stamina is increasing .

I also went to the gym and did the eliptical for an hour.
Dinner was a salad with sauteed veggies, chopped avocado, and fresh herbs with tortilla chips on the side.
Old 03-26-2015, 09:40 PM   #445  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

S/C/G: +24/+12.6/0

Diana, I won't see that friend for another week.

Today we are chilling in the apartment until early afternoon when we head out for a show.

B ramen w chicken, mushrooms and egg.
L leftover ramen
D not sure. Out.
Old 03-26-2015, 10:22 PM   #446  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/184.8/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

Flower Yes, I'm relieved it's all over with. Now just waiting for the lab results. How is your Mom? I hope all is well with her. How was your dental appointment?

Lilmonstervictoria Good job working on things.

Mossy Hi

CoolMom Sounds like the family is getting worn out with the activities during the day, if you are in bed by 7. What kind of show did you see?

Volet Good job on your day.

Syckgirlsfv Good news that your Dad did well with the surgery. Still holding him in prayer.

Veil I hope you are feeling better from the headache.

Webb Great job on the exercise.

FairyGaia Hi and welcome to the check-in. Congrats on your progress so far.

RetroRabbit Good luck with getting back to school and keeping up with your routine.

Alaskanlaughter Beautiful picture. Thank you for sharing.

Kelijpa When do you go back to work?

Ian I hope you have a great time visiting your children next week. Speaking of fishing, you mentioned wanting to go fishing sometime. Have you been able to go? If you were here, I would have my DH take you fishing, shrimping, flounder gigging, and digging oysters. I'm sure you would enjoy it. Good job avoiding the veggie wrap.

Waving Hi all around! Enjoy your evening!
Old 03-26-2015, 10:26 PM   #447  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Speaking of fishing, you mentioned wanting to go fishing sometime. Have you been able to go? If you were here, I would have my DH take you fishing, shrimping, flounder gigging, and digging oysters. I'm sure you would enjoy it.
Thanks Diana, and no I have not yet - friends keep warning me of pollution in local rivers. If I were there with your DH I would just fish every day and eat what I caught. Bliss. He should fish every day.

My day would pretty much look like this: wake up, eat, exercise, cook fish, exercise, eat, fish, sleep.

Repeat.

Laundry would not get done. Rent would not get paid. But who cares?

Last edited by IanG; 03-26-2015 at 10:38 PM.
Old 03-26-2015, 10:34 PM   #448  
Trying to live below 200

Ian Sounds like a simple life on an island would suit you well.
Old 03-26-2015, 10:36 PM   #449  
Trying to live below 200

Total Approx 1385 +

Breakfast (400 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Mediterranean Blend Veggies or Zucchini w/Tri Pepper Blend
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin 130 calories
1 teaspoon pumpkin butter 25 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (385 Calories)
Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 100 calories
2 slices Applegate Farms Black Forest Ham & lettuce 50 Calories
Laughing Cow white cheddar cheese 35 calories
Greek Yogurt 100 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (600 calories)
small piece grilled arctic char 300 calories
sugar snap peas 100 calories
green beans 100 calories
cut up fruit 100 calories

Exercise:
TF Fire 30
KCM's YBB Workout 1 w/8's & 15's
Old 03-27-2015, 01:07 AM   #450  

Diana, I bet those lab results are going to be fine. The doctor seemed to think they would be. Still, I do understand anxiety, as that seems to be my middle name. Thanks for asking about mother and the dentist apt. Mother so far is doing great. She has been very well taken care of. So far no swelling. My worry comes when the woman who is taking care of her leaves early-ish tomorrow. A friend will be going there. But she does not know what time. So there will be a time when she is alone. Dentist apt went fine. Much ado about nothing. While in the dentist chair I got the phone call that mom was done with the procedure. Thats all I really cared about anyway. That she was okay.

Coolmom, your dutch baby sort of breakfast sounds SO good.

Hi Everyone I have read what you wrote. But I am not going to write any more personals because this morning I woke up with the chronic strep resurfacing. I know what to do for it though. So I already am feeling a bit better. But dont have a huge amount of energy. So only 2 personals today.

I have not been great re: the cocoa today. I would suspect I have had about 320 calories worth of the stuff. Other than that I had about 700 calories. So I guess total for the day is about 1050. Not the crash diet that I was doing to lose weight earlier in the week. But best I can do right now.

I ate very little and got 2.5 lbs away from my goal. Then I went wild after mom's surgery and my dentist apt. That one day added 4 lbs.

I hope everyone has a great Friday. And then its........... the weekend

Last edited by flower123; 03-27-2015 at 02:58 AM.
Closed Thread